poooz

What has the standalone become ?

I like how it's always the guys with 1-20 posts that have all the harsh criticism! You guys have it all figured out.

Here's an idea: Play the game more. Lurk more. Start thinking for yourself. THEN post honest criticism when it's actually warranted.

High post count is equal to knowledge?

Yeah..

• Like 1

High post count is equal to knowledge?

Yeah..

Nope, but having played the game and mod, followed the development and been an active part of the community for months and years certainly help.

• Like 3

Nope, but having played the game and mod, followed the development and been an active part of the community for months and years certainly help.

It doesn't come down to post count though. You can follow the development easily and the forum too, without having to post every day, whilst gathering the same amount of knowledge.

• Like 4

So after reading through the comments i think i will stop playing for the time being and leave it for a couple of months before i actually make a judgement on the game and what it 'has become'.

If it is a car off the assembly line with no interior and just an engine it is probably best not to judge the entire car just yet. I guess i will see you guys in a couple of months, might lurk these forums a bit though.

We will try to hold out without you, but its gonna be hard....

Please come back as soon as you can. I dont know how long I will be able wait for more nuggets of wisdom from you...

I have over 500 hours in the SA, post count has zero to do with anything. It's the same group of ignorant people who try and judge people based on their post count who also say that a hacker is not a hacker and just some desync or bad luck.

I have died due to desync, i have died due to lag and i HAVE died due to hacking i know the difference and i know a speedhack when i see one, most people know the difference. Did you guys even watch the frankie video, there was a hacker in it or was that desync ??

Edited by poooz
  • Like 1

We will try to hold out without you, but its gonna be hard....

Please come back as soon as you can. I dont know how long I will be able wait for more nuggets of wisdom from you...

Thank you

Edited by poooz

If you can't hold out, just kill yourself now.

Do us all a favor for your posts are giving us all suicidal tendencies.

Yes! Another post from you! My life is fulfilled again...

And again another block of wisdom where you tell people to commit suicide. Brilliant!

It doesn't come down to post count though. You can follow the development easily and the forum too, without having to post every day, whilst gathering the same amount of knowledge.

Post count is irrelevant. But the point that was being made was that it is almost always someone who has a low post count that pitches up and has a good fucking whinge about the game not doing A, being broken by B or is just buggy and shit or KOS problems or "waaaah lost my gear" or what-fucking-ever. I have seen some people with a single post on the forum having a proper pissing-fest about whatever issue they feel shouldn't be in a game in early Alpha, seemingly having no clue what's involved in the development of a game and how alpha testing works. And it's always amusing when the standard reply is "Dude, Alpha" and then someone whinges because someone said "Dude, Alpha", even though that's exactly the reason why the game is buggy as shit. It's in alpha, deal with it.

It'd be a real novelty if people pitched up and instead of pissing bile all over the place, actually contributed a meaningful post (having searched beforehand to ensure it didn't exist already) with observations, suggestions and general level-headedness about the whole situation. Unfortunately, you can't stop people being colossal fuckwits and the circle of forum life plods inexorably on.

Fucking. Alpha.

So after reading through the comments i think i will stop playing for the time being and leave it for a couple of months before i actually make a judgement on the game and what it 'has become'.

If it is a car off the assembly line with no interior and just an engine it is probably best not to judge the entire car just yet. I guess i will see you guys in a couple of months, might lurk these forums a bit though.

Now you're getting it. However, there's no reason to stop playing, providing you can ignore (or, better still, report) the issues you encounter. After all, that's what's involved in early access testing. There's no better way to test a product than to release it into the community and let them try and break it. You're nothing more than a test mule. If you can't be arsed, then fair enough, come back in a few month's time or when the game is closer to being finished (i.e. mid/late Beta). If, however, you want to continue playing then you have to simply suck up all of those annoying times when you get smacked by and invisible zombie and lose your gear, glitch off a balcony and lose your gear, just die randomly at the top of a ladder and lose your gear or get shot in the face for no reason by some shitwizard that thinks they're playing a different game (or is just a psyco/sociopath) and lose your gear.

#1 rule of Dayz: Never get attached to your gear.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

This thread went full retard

Yes i went full retard. But after speaking to a friend i play with who lurks these forums i hear it can be quite hostile so i am going to revert myself back to page one.

The latest Frankie ..

they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

does not make sense.

and then you have the audacity to say: plz stop talking about frankie talk about the content of my post...".

so you are watching and refering one cheater and complain about other cheaters cheating in the videos of the one cheater?

paradox?

Edited by justadude

does not make sense.

and then you have the audacity to say: plz stop talking about frankie talk about the content of my post...".

so you are watching and refering one cheater and complain about other cheaters cheating in the videos of the one cheater?

paradox?

What you have spliced two posts together and tried to make them relevant to each other. Please stop.

Also i did not say that at all lol your funny man and i think you are confusing yourself.

Edited by poooz

stop plying in electro an you wont experience near as much hacking, yes i have seen it. Teleporters even raged a few times, but if you play other areas of the coast besides electro you will experience a different play make your own role and interact with players to enjoy yourself and others company

The game is not yet finished, besides, there are hackers on every platform, on every multiplayer game.... Life aint fair, so why expect a game to be any different? And as for kos, its very simple, if u dont wanna be a victim, dont stand in the open doing the friendly dance, approach other people from cover... Talk to them from cover, u can tell alot about a person from talking to them for a few minutes.... All in all, this game has a lot of potential in my opinion, it has the longevity of an mmorpg, yet the excitement of an fps... And its not even on beta yet... Just imagine when half the stuff they planned for are in game... A good way to lessen hackers is... To put in a monthly subscription... Like xbox gold membership... So there will be active admins monitoring and banning hackers... If you have to pay for the game, and an additional 60 bucks a year to play it, id think people would think twice about hacking and getting banned.

Edited by Frothyboot18

Delivering a final judgment on an prototype that is maybe 50% completed...brilliant...

Not enough of the SA has been developed to judge 'what has happened to it'. If anything, people are just bored with it being a sparse sandbox, so they adapt to entertain themselves. The community attitude will change once enough of the game has been developed & they'll find something better to do than be bandits or hunt them.

As for the Frankie video, context matters; yeah the guy shot Frankie as soon as Frankie gave him the gun... But bear in mind, Frankie was trying to be shot, and called him over wearing no pants, a clown mask and talking about his family being in the circus. He was baiting this dude on purpose so the guy would distrust and kill him. 

Not that there aren't ungrateful people in the game, but it's not as bad as it seemed. I've encountered far more decent, even outright helpful people, than 'bandits'. A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Not beating up on you; I think you have a point. Just trying to give you hope that Dayz will become a great game. :)

It's already one of my favorites, and it's only just in alpha!

Edited by abrown3
  • Like 1

Give someone a gun they will shoot you in the face rather then befriend you. Hackers on every server without fail, a massive failure on the developers part, they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

Funny I have seen 1 hacker before and that was in .32 and he got banned instantly lol and yes a person will shoot you it's about survival not trust rule 1 of dayz do not trust anyone!

@OP

People will pretty much always get around things in anything , those crook locks you buy for your car ? certain thiefs will probually no how to remove it the day it hits the shelves - nothing is watertight. There will always be hackers in any game no matter how good the security. I saw only one hacker in the video ? I dont think this means the SA is as you out it Full of hackers, but i have not played much of SA so probally dont have the most informed opinion of it.

As far as the guy killing Frankie , thats not a representation of the SA more so human nature i'm afraid. its amazing what ppl will do if there is no repercussions.

Given Dayz has no Factions it will always happen and that is your answer right there , the game needs factions badly if you want to have a % of co op in there, no one ever seems to agree with me on this but i strongly beliecve its the answer to turn a deathmatch game into a survial game. You already RP a playstyle already in dayz so i dont see wht is so game breaking about having a hero faction , bandit , hunter etc etc. you could always have the choice of being a lone wolf or setting up your own group with friends. If the game had a strict penalty for a kill within the faction we would see a massive reduction in KOS and see a % rise in co op which i know a lot of people want to do.

Edited by Claw

Delivering a final judgment on an prototype that is maybe 50% completed...brilliant...

Who did ???

Answer to the thread title:

An Alpha. Maybe it will grow into a Beta by the end of the year.

Answer to the OP post:

Give someone a gun they will shoot you in the face rather then befriend you.

Welcome to DayZ

Hackers on every server without fail, a massive failure on the developers part, they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

Please don't spread Bullshit and lies as facts. Sorry for the harsh words, but they fit here.

I don't see a good future for this game and it is a real shame because it could have been so great.

Mhm. Yeah. yeah. Ok....what?

No, I was talking to my future self and he told me that I should tell you to stop making assumptions based on nothing unless you are a certified fortune teller. And if you are I should tell you that they are all liars.

I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely.

Ah...you know EXACTLY what he meant? Really? Reading your posts in this thread, I'm 100% sure you know not what he meant. But yeah fortune telling and lies, this whole thread is about fortune telling and lies! You sit in your apartment in Cherno, and I am the one out there every day and putting his ass on the line! I am NOT out of order. You are out of order. The whole freakin' system is out of order! You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth. Cause when you reach over and put your hand in a pile of goo that was your best friends face, you'll KNOW what to do! Forget it, poooz, it's Elektrozavodsk!

Edit: You deserved that ^^

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 4

What you have spliced two posts together and tried to make them relevant to each other. Please stop.

Also i did not say that at all lol your funny man and i think you are confusing yourself.

no i did not. it is your very own opening post you seem to have forgotten already and you were to lazy to check again what you wrote.

my quoting has format issues but is absolutely correct.

the topic is discussed over and over and there is even a sticky about it but you needed to make a thread of your own out of it.

this whole thread is useless like the dick of the pope but i wanted to call that paradox.

no i did not. it is your very own opening post you seem to have forgotten already and you were to lazy to check again what you wrote.

my quoting has format issues but is absolutely correct.

the topic is discussed over and over and there is even a sticky about it but you needed to make a thread of your own out of it.

this whole thread is useless like the dick of the pope but i wanted to call that paradox.

Good for you, Format issues are the least of your worries.

I disagree with what you're saying. When you begin to limit things like running around in your underwear and be a dumbass, then you're limiting some of the greatness of this game. You can nearly do anything you want to. That's the main strength of this game, is that you can do nearly anything you put your mind to and when they add even more functionality of this game even more options of things to do open up. I mean just look at all the creative things done and the videos that prove it on youtube. This game has so much going for it. It's incredible.

I never said limit it, there will be plenty of servers for people to run around like idiots. I'd just like to have the option of joining a server that is comprised of like-minded players. That's not the same as wanting to limit the game.

Where are all these hackers that are apparently on every server? 270 hours in on 40/40 servers and I have yet to see one.

• Like 1

I don't see a good future for this game and it is a real shame because it could have been so great. I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely.

How is this not a final judgment?  When you said "it could have been so great" you made a definitive statement whether you meant to or not.