SmashT

DayZ at Rezzed 2014 // Dev Sessions Livestream // Roadmap

Of course all just hypothetical :)

Honestly, none of this stuff is surprising to me. Most, if not all of it, was previously known/planned. I didn't see much in the roadmap that was different from what we've seen before. It was just more specific.

The only thing that I didn't know they were doing (although I knew they were talking about it) is the 64 bit and multi-thread stuff.

The rest is either what they had planned originally, or bringing the standalone up to match the mod (albeit with more wholesome systems).

• Like 1

Looking good so far.

Havent really been playing until more zombies and vehicles are added.

Honestly, none of this stuff is surprising to me. Most, if not all of it, was previously known/planned. I didn't see much in the roadmap that was different from what we've seen before. It was just more specific.

The only thing that I didn't know they were doing (although I knew they were talking about it) is the 64 bit and multi-thread stuff.

The rest is either what they had planned originally, or bringing the standalone up to match the mod (albeit with more wholesome systems).

Yes, I completely agree with you.

So I'm asking, is there a point in this apart from creating hype (wich is really not needed) and advertising?

Yes, I completely agree with you.

So I'm asking, is there a point in this apart from creating hype (wich is really not needed) and advertising?

He gave a speech at a convention about a tentative developmental roadmap, he didn't put up a bullshot Ubisoft trailer saying "this will change everything you ever knew about gaming".

Hype, whatever is meant by it, is an individually-derived concept.

• Like 1

nice to see that devs can set incentives to bring as back all the time ;)

I loled a bit when he said the the mouse sensitivity slider does nothing. I almost never fuck around with mine in any game (unless it is far, far too fast/slow) and wondered why people were complaining when i just adapted to it.

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been posted before but here it is:

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 3

Reminder: Fear and horror in games session is about to start (Dean Hall, Al Hope, Will Porter, Maciej Binkowski)

http://www.twitch.tv/egx/

• Like 1

Interview with Rocket starts in 15 minutes.

I don't know if this has been posted before but here it is:

when did that happen?

Interview with Rocket starts in 15 minutes.

so there was one yesterday and now again?

Edited by joe_mcentire

so there was one yesterday and now again?

Today's topic was "Horror in Video-Games" - nothing DayZ specific.

I am really happy about the possibility to set timescale on serverside...real time is really out of place for me..maybe two hour cicles would be fine...Also I would like to see an option for enabling 3. person but force players into 1. person when crouched, prone or having a weapon equipped

any info about this ?

only interesting and direct-game related info:

combat-logging:

data-logging will be the key. the current spawn-penalty system is just the first step in this direction.

more advanced system than sitting down for 30sec may be possible but at the current situation due to glitchiness of zeds it may be unfair.

seasons:

prototypes done but for arma basically. not impossible, but they can't just take on everything for the next 12 months.

diseases:

done. "just" not turned on. main issue: server-performance, so they don't strain things, rather get loot respawns working. quite a lot of stuff is in fact already done. server-performance still holds them back. :)

VR:

VR is still a problem, a bunch of issues. not before they lay hands on client performance.

Edited by joe_mcentire

really looking forward to the the whole infection and desease thing....in this case what happened to defacation etc...was heavily disussed for a good while....

Rocket admits that Australians are better than him at the start of the "Fear in Horror and Survival games" video.

That and he was really close to committing suicide on MT Everest.

THIS FUCKING GAME IS STILL A PIECE OF SHIT 

at least nearly 4 pages without idiots  :rolleyes:

• Like 5

at least nearly 4 pages without idiots  :rolleyes:

We could fix that with a little application of the report button.

• Like 2

I want to hear from the Devs of Project Zomboid! Love that game... Just got my character to level 4 carpentry... rain barrels, baby

THIS FUCKING GAME IS STILL A PIECE OF SHIT

Welcome, nice first post.

You will have trouble making another.

• Like 15

Welcome, nice first post.

You will have trouble making another.

You made my day xD

If snow doesn't settle on the ground, please, don't have it. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

And what does he mean by "everything being synchronized" not just including tents and backpacks? Like all the items on the server? Why...?