SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I myself LOVE the new infected, they could stay just like this and get refined by bugfixing and better hitscan (stuff like this u know) and i would be happy

Hello community,

What do you think of the new Zombies AI, movement etc?

I have to say that I hate it.

They attack like crazy, I know, most of the people wanted stronger zombies.

But this? I go behind the zombie, and it seems it has 4 arms or something because the damn thing can attack me from behind. Just be remotely close to the things and they will attack you 360 degrees auto hit, is how it feels to me.

Then there is speed, they make the living world Olympics champions look bad, and they are dead.

Being dead, I'd imagine that they would not take very good care of themselves, having broken bones etc, but these Zombies, holy cow are they fast. It is getting annoying more then anything. Annoying that you have to either run or fight.

And speaking about fighting, unless you got guns, or a firefighters axe, I don't really see a point of fighting them with their 360 degrees auto rapid attack system. Either you will start bleeding, or you start going grey really fast, like one zombie can do the job now, or your gear just gets wrecked. So not a wise thing to fight them.

I tried and my gear is always damaged.

They are now so strong and fast that, a simple mistake is enough to get you killed.

I was running away from one of these annoying things, I had a cantine in my hand, and by a mistake I pressed drink all.

I tried cancel current action but of course this only works when your NOT in a crisis situation, which its designed for.

So unable to stop my current action, the zombie killed me within that small time gab.

Of course I get spawned millions of miles away, lost all my great stuff, for such a silly reason.

Zombies should be slow or medium speed and in great numbers.

Not freaking Olympics sprinters that have 360 auto rapid hit systems.

I smack em in the head with the fire axe and they just continue their "new awesome" ignore rapid attack.

Even the older AI was better then this, were that felt that they were broken, now it feels like they are just cheating.

I understand that there is a reason to fear them now, but that is the issue, they are not scary, they are just annoying. Annoying enough for me to stop playing this until they do something reasonable with these zombies.

Bodies also fade to fast, they should not even fade at all, I know that currently fade to reduce lag etc, but still, they need to stay, this needs to be implemented.

What do you guys think? Are these the zombies that everyone wanted? Are the Zombies now better or worse?

Was this a great or horrible choice from the devs.

And having white text on a black background is not very nice for the eyes, makes reading annoying here as well. My eyes start feeling strange after a few moments reading anything on these forums.

I completely agree with you

COMPLETELY SILENT ZOMBIES???? REALLY?? who thought this would be a good idea? i turn around while sprinting and 'accidentally' notice there's 2 zombies silently sprinting right behind me....this is how zombies behave right? what a ****ing joke....why don't you fix the no-clipping instead

That sorta cracks me up. Here you are running along nicely and you see a flick of a hand , you hit the button and OOOHhh crap , hahaha run forest run.

In reality they are stupid as in no brains so are just acting on instinct , so its pretty easy to outsmart them. Then double back and kill em dead

10/10 love the zombies now, if only I could dual wield sledges.

Sledgehammers seem like a decent weapon still. I managed to kill a zed in two hits with it, like before the update.

For people having trouble with melee killing zeds, I strongly recommend going to 1pp during melee fights. I find it much easier to land head-shots that way and you can drop them far quicker with virtually any weapon.

Desync is so bad with zombies that we are back to just standing still exchanging blows as the most effective way of melee killing them. You can't avoid hits from them anymore, so be prepared to have your sh*t damaged.

I think until they have the melee system reworked, they should just drop zombies out on the stable patches.

Imo it would better if Zeds couldn't hear silenced weapons.

Shooting a Zed with a silenced Makarov and getting banged by 3 Zeds in return just doesn't feel right.

Again with the suppressors. Suppressors really don't do that much to lessen noise. 

• Like 1

Again with the suppressors. Suppressors really don't do that much to lessen noise. 

If they lessen the radius a player can hear a shot, don't you think it should have at least the same effect on a zed? I just said, it doesn't feel right how it works now. Or does the infection enhance senses? I'm not very interested in having a realism debate, but if supressors doesn't seem to do anything, why having them? And btw, in reality, it probably highly depends on the weapon. (Means, there are weapons there they actually do lessen noise. Not a pro, but a Makarov might be such one.)

Edited by Ken Bean

If they lessen the radius a player can hear a shot, don't you think it should have at least the same effect on a zed? I just said, it doesn't feel right how it works now. Or does the infection enhance senses? I'm not very interested in having a realism debate, but if supressors doesn't seem to do anything, why having them? And btw, in reality, it probably highly depends on the weapon. (Means, there are weapons there they actually do lessen noise. Not a pro, but a Makarov might be such one.)

In real life, supressors often don't make firearms all that much quieter, they just make it so the report of the shot is harder to place direction and distance for.

Compare: "there is a guy with a rifle firing from that building over there, top floor, last window on the right!"

-vs-

"alright, we just got shot at. Everyone fan out into cover, and keep your eyes and ears open."

Edited by Whyherro123

Suppressors are not silencers.....   :facepalm:

Edited by Caboose187

In real life, supressors often don't make firearms all that much quieter, they just make it so the report of the shot is harder to place direction and distance for.

Compare: "there is a guy with a rifle firing from that building over there, top floor, last window on the right!"

-vs-

"alright, we just got shot at. Everyone fan out into cover, and keep your eyes and ears open."

So and despite of the effect being slightly different in rl (at the end of the day the outcome is the same), you think, they still should have no effect in the game?

(To be clear, a zed finds you with 100% precision. You're a fan of it?)

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Tougher, more challanging, zombies doesn't mean bullshit zombies.

If you are a SKILLED melee player (ie - melee combat needs work), with a decent melee weapon, you should be able to take on 1 zombie at least without taking damage. 2 zombies should be achallenge but doable with minimal damage to yourself with good protective gear.

I think one of the problem lies with the indecisive nature of what "kind" of zombies these are, undead, infected live humans, cracked/pcp'ed out squatters, aliens, etc...

What would make sense for strength and weaknesses of one type wouldn't for the others.

I seldom find servers with a ping lower than right at ~100 to play with, so I really can't even risk taking them on in CQC anymore. I miss being able to take one down without supressed head-shotting them with my quickly dwindling 9mm ammo...

Edited by E.J.
  • Like 1

What I like about new zombies:

-You have to stealth around and can get close enough to headshot without be spotted.

-They work together, and you need the element of surprise to win against more then 2.

-They are much tougher, and you will get hit more then before. (A lot more)

What I don't like:

-They literally attack about 3 times for the one animation.

-They make no noise, not even running noise

-They clip around much more often from what I can tell.

-They can hit you from any angle.

If these few things were fixed, which im sure by .60 they will be flawless, zombies will finally be the threat the game needs that's not too over powered. Right now it's very difficult to fight more than one as they kinda bounce off each other and everytime you get hit they move around. 

• Like 1

Have not played in a long while...

Do the new zombies still have buggy detection? What put me off a ton was the fact that even if prone sometimes zombies across the map would somehow get agro'd and rush me, and once they become agro'd it's nearly impossible to lose them.

Have not played in a long while...

Do the new zombies still have buggy detection? What put me off a ton was the fact that even if prone sometimes zombies across the map would somehow get agro'd and rush me, and once they become agro'd it's nearly impossible to lose them.

That has changed for the better, it is now possible to stealth your way through a town.

Z attack animations are out of sync, as noted in the patch notes (-Visual bugs in zombie animations) and some sounds are missing.

• Like 1

What I like about new zombies:

-You have to stealth around and can get close enough to headshot without be spotted.

-They work together, and you need the element of surprise to win against more then 2.

-They are much tougher, and you will get hit more then before. (A lot more)

What I don't like:

-They literally attack about 3 times for the one animation.

-They make no noise, not even running noise

-They clip around much more often from what I can tell.

-They can hit you from any angle.

If these few things were fixed, which im sure by .60 they will be flawless, zombies will finally be the threat the game needs that's not too over powered. Right now it's very difficult to fight more than one as they kinda bounce off each other and everytime you get hit they move around. 

New zombies are awesome!! And there is so much more of them, they are even in small villages up north. Havent been to NWAF yet. I like how they "patrol" around towns, stop to look around and continue walking. They even climb on trucks!! Nowhere is safe!!

On other hand, they are awfull. They move too fast, and I dont mean runing speed. I mean their instant acceleration and atacking speed. Why are there no souds yet? Sometimes they make growling sounds, but I dont know why are there no footstep sounds.

Conclusion: they can only get better.

Infected will become disinterested after awhile even within line of sight. Flash lights don't attract or interest them. 

• Like 1

I am having a hard time understanding how I should die from a single punch from a zombie.  I was at full health, energized, and hydrated. I was wearing a prestine jacket, vest, and pants.  I shot the zombie with a P1 pistol in the face.  But, it came up, hit me one time, and then I instantly died.  This seems a bit absurd given my full health and the prestine clothes I was wearing.

Edited by rayn0r
  • Like 1

you shouldn't have shot him - you just made him mad.

your 'bone health' (silly hidden stat that makes surviving a long time screw you anyway) was low.

• Like 2

Wow, thanks for letting me know!  This explains why it always seemed like it was easier to die the longer you survived.  Needless to say, this is a horrible game mechanic.  Bones should regenerate over time.  Given that this is a crucial stat, it should definitely be displayed as part of your health.  I should at least feel pain to let me know if my bones are so brittle that I am on the verge of death. 

It's weird though I swear the mods killed a thread on this the other day because it was bs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I smoke allot of dope and remember stuff wrong all the time.

when I feel that I've taken too many hits from zombies, I store my gear and go kill myself so my gear can be on a character that's less likely to be killed by a strong breeze.

dear developers:  that ^^^ is what this element has added to gameplay.  good job.

• Like 2