SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Does anyone know how many zombies are currently in the world and if they already started increasing the number of zombies?

Does the East Supproser effect zombies tho?

I dont usually use my AK101 to take down zombies, as i normally use the amphibia or an axe.

But the times i have used my AK101 around zombies, they seem to agro to it just the same :s.

Maybe i was just unlucky.

Well, even with a suppressor, I imagine an AK type would still make a great deal of noise. I read somewhere that the difference between suppressed and non-suppressed is the difference between an airliner engine and a jackhammer.

Well, even with a suppressor, I imagine an AK type would still make a great deal of noise. I read somewhere that the difference between suppressed and non-suppressed is the difference between an airliner engine and a jackhammer.

Does the East Supproser effect zombies tho?

I dont usually use my AK101 to take down zombies, as i normally use the amphibia or an axe.

But the times i have used my AK101 around zombies, they seem to agro to it just the same :s.

Maybe i was just unlucky.

Well, the answer is pretty easy, the noise comes from two sources, the explosion of the gunpowder and the bullet travelling faster than sound.

The supressor only can supress (a bit) the sound of the explosion but the sonic bang will still be there, since there is no sub.sonic ammo (idk if that even exists for the AK)

In my opinion what would make zombies more interesting would be huge herds of zombies crossing the map.

Yesterday I was chased by 5 or 6 zombies when I approach a city and it was incredible, adrenaline rush somewhat close to PVP, since they were a lot and I only had a couple of bullets. I had to run around and take them 1 by 1.

If instead of 6 they were 50 I would think twice before going into a town that had been overrun.

The a group of zombies (15-80) could just start spawning somewhere and head in a random direction. No need for better AI for that.

Edited by gitro

Has there been any word on when zombie count will get increased?  Pretty much the only thing keeping me from being regular right now.  Don't get me wrong, not trying to bitch or anything...the time away has been nice.  Seriously though, I miss zombies so much.

Zombie count will be one of the last things we'll see. The Mod might be worth looking into in the meantime.

Has there been any word on when zombie count will get increased?  Pretty much the only thing keeping me from being regular right now.  Don't get me wrong, not trying to bitch or anything...the time away has been nice.  Seriously though, I miss zombies so much.

They can't even get the zombies to work at the current state. Don't see them adding more anytime soon

Merged

Zombie count will be one of the last things we'll see. The Mod might be worth looking into in the meantime.

I've had my fill of the mod; probably have a couple thousand hours in it actually.  I really hope its not one of the last things...

They can't even get the zombies to work at the current state. Don't see them adding more anytime soon

Seems like they are actively working on it, and we should be getting an update with them soon.  Hope its a good one!

Awkward zombie spawning (and altered behaviour) as of 0.53?

So it seems to me that zombie spawning is a bit different lately. The best exampe is from yesterday, when I was standing about 10 meters from one of the sniper towers at NWAF, looking at the tower. I looked behind and around me to check for zombies/players, and when I turned back to look at the tower, a zombie had spawned a few meters in front of me.

I'm guessing this is not intended, because it is very awkward. I'm all for more zombie spawning, but it has to be done so it doesn't feel like it just teleported in front of me (ZOMBIE HACKERS!!!).

Also, I think it is nice that zombies no longer always make a sound when they aggro, or sounds at all in some instances. Adds to the tension as I have been startled by zombie attacks a few times already!

Yeah something defenately changed. Im gonna see a zombie running right towards me, ill take out my axe and wait for it when all of the sudden other zombs just teleport behind my back/around me.

As if they spawn around the persuing zombie intentionaly for a cheap swarm effect, its weird.I guess the respawn rate was shortened, or maybe they're just desyncing ( they did warn us about increased rubberbanding for 0.53 i believe..)

As for the sounds im pretty sure some zombies eiher forget(bug?) or dont do the "persuing" scream.

Edited by halp

Yeah, I was just standing next to a well and trying to drink a water bottle, and while the animation was running I saw a zombie spawning like 5 meters in front of me, jumped at me, and for some reason even killed me with a single hit (was almost completely healthy, how can that happen?).

Pretty much sucked.

I've noticed that they not longer make noise until they are right up on you, like I will look around for zombies and see nothing, great, start the unnecessarily long water drinking animation at a pond and then boom, getting hit by a zombie that never made a sound.

Something that is nice regarding quiet zombies, is that when you hear the footsteps you don't know whether it is a player or a zombie. Makes for some nice tension. :)

So it seems to me that zombie spawning is a bit different lately. The best exampe is from yesterday, when I was standing about 10 meters from one of the sniper towers at NWAF, looking at the tower. I looked behind and around me to check for zombies/players, and when I turned back to look at the tower, a zombie had spawned a few meters in front of me.

I'm guessing this is not intended, because it is very awkward. I'm all for more zombie spawning, but it has to be done so it doesn't feel like it just teleported in front of me (ZOMBIE HACKERS!!!).

Also, I think it is nice that zombies no longer always make a sound when they aggro, or sounds at all in some instances. Adds to the tension as I have been startled by zombie attacks a few times already!

Could it have been that someone shot a zombie on the airfield (and you didnt hear the shot) and you were unlucky that it respawned next to you?

yep this is so annoying, 
fix the damn things, muppets, 
u can literally watch them spawn right next to you. 
i just killed a military zombie. 2 seconds later 2 more spawn 2 meters from me.
i was in the bush in the middle of no where. i turn around. there's a zombie, instantly hits me.

so much for "a break to cook some steak". you cant do anything now without the chance of a zomb spawning on you.

SO DUMB

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

They seem like they're back to spawning as soon as they die and reaggroing.  It felt like that was gone last patch, or at least tweaked, now it seems back to the shittiness that it was before.

Basically infinite zombies, as you kill them they respawn in a radius and auto reaggro.  Doors this patch are also more wonky.  Last patch it was a lot more reliable to trap zombies, not so much any more as the bug where doors appear to be open that are closed etc is more prevalent.

As I see, in some servers  when no zombies around u , zombie spawns near by you when shoot to anywhere or kill zombie. I was using mossin.

I think new zombie spawns as close as u after u kill it.

I also death in 1 hit of zombie while i was full.

A question about the zombies. Maybe it has been addressed somewhere in this massive topic before, in which case i apologize for my laziness.

BTW : this question is for the sake of immersion and realism, not to give negative comments. Ive just been playing for a while now, and im starting to ask myself questions about the game. 

Searching the forum, i have figured out that the zombies are in fact living humans that have become infected with some sort of virus.

Now : since i seem to be starving after not eating for 20 minutes in the game, shouldn't these infected be starving as well? Not to mention dehydrating?

Or do zombies still hydrate/feed on loot like we do.

Or do they supposedly feed on the uninfected? We can see zombies chasing wildlife, so in my head, zombies will chase and try to kill any living thing other than fellow zombies. I imagine that they will take up at least some liquids while biting and killing...

But i dont think the infected are eating us / wildlife?

If thats the case, why do they keep surviving?

True immersion and realism would mean that the infected (assuming they take up fluids while attacking), could survive around 4 weeks before starting to fall like flies from starvation. To implement this ingame, Persistent  Servers could run for 31 days, with the last few days seeing a massive decline in infected, before resetting the zombie count and starting the whole thing over. This brings offcourse a big number of problems with it :

Firstly : counter immersion problems and dilemma's : Do characters reset also? Do bases reset? People probably will not like this idea? etc...

Also : if you let infected starve after only 30 days, its quite immersion breaking if survivors still starve after 20 minutes, so thats a big no go.

Even if newly infected people are migrating into Chernarus from the north, eventually they will all starve to death rather fast, and having infected running around for months after the original infection incident would be unrealistic considering they way infected are explained at the moment.

In conclusion : For immersion's sake : perhaps they should find a way to answer these questions, or maybe they already have and i just dont know.

Otherwise they should maybe rethink the background story behind these infected?

Edited by nillie

so much for "a break to cook some steak". you cant do anything now without the chance of a zomb spawning on you.

SO DUMB

so yea, zombies do spawn in a zombie survival shooter, and you happen to play the most annoying game ever, so of course they will spawn right in your pants and screw with your testicles.

eeew.

but not all hope is lost!

watch some zombie splatter before playing dayz

leave your lights on while you play, especially at night times

get a jockstrap (FULL METAL!)

get a buddy to watch your back while you jerk off in a bush

don't let them get you down. chin up!

• Like 1

But i dont think the infected are eating us / wildlife?

in the mod, they used to eat the player after he fell to the floor from blood loss. and after death they continued to eat the corpse. i think they just didn't get the animation for the SA yet.

Edited by Azrail

Looking at the development roadmap currently posted on the official web page, it will be quite some time before improvement sadly.

Best they remove them entirely before first improvement.

Looking at the development roadmap currently posted on the official web page, it will be quite some time before improvement sadly.

Best they remove them entirely before first improvement.

Why would they remove them? 

just want to rant a bit, zombies are so annoying in 0.54.....you kill one, 5 more spawn and come after you within 30 seconds, giving up your position over and over again. they don't need to be re-spawning so fast. GET OFF MY LAWN ZOMBIES!