SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

this is great, now its survival. 

i have died numerous times because of the zombies and how they are almost invincible.

In fact they are still far to easy to kill. The real issue here is that melee targeting is bugged right now so if you try to attack them as before (melee while aiming at their head) you won't be able to hit them. If you manage to hit them - whch is still easy with guns - they die easily.

-they have the legs of sonic the freaking hedgehog. unless youre running downhill or have a weapon, you will never escape them.

They are about as fast as players without a weapon drawn. Which makes sense given they are humans without a weapon drawn. I would also like the to be as resilent as humans without a weapon drawn (see above)!

-i hit one like 14 times in the face with a fire axe which used to be a 1 hit kill. i died from blood loss.

No you didn't - you missed. They die from a single strike with the Fireaxe - but you have aim to the lower left to hit them. Also try guns - its really nice to have another use for them than killing other players.

-they can melt through walls. MELT. THROUGH. WALLS. why the fuck hasnt that been fixed!?

I think the technically retain the ghosting abilities. Its just their AI/pathing that now makes them go around obstacles. However desync might cause them to "glitch through".

i dont know why i posted this but it makes me feel better that i lost all that cool stuff and that random polish guy i teamed up with.

Feedback is a good thing be it negative or positive. I can only repeat that I like the changes as they make zombies more challenging but also less frustrating (if you work around the melee targeting bug) as they walk through wall less often. However I would rather like them being as resilent and 'hit-able' as survivors instead of being squishy but much harder to hit.

Edited by Evil Minion

i have died numerous times because of the zombies and how they are almost invincible. -they have the legs of sonic the freaking hedgehog. unless youre running downhill or have a weapon, you will never escape them.-i hit one like 14 times in the face with a fire axe which used to be a 1 hit kill. i died from blood loss.-they can melt through walls. MELT. THROUGH. WALLS. why the fuck hasnt that been fixed!? i dont know why i posted this but it makes me feel better that i lost all that cool stuff and that random polish guy i teamed up with.

Zombies arnt even a threat yet and still we get complaints

Would you like me to ask the Devs to start you with a silenced mega gun with auto targeting?

• Like 3

So, today a zombie came over to me, broke my leg, fractured my other leg, and broke both of my arms.

Just a single zombie, all of these were consecutive hits, and he ruined all items of clothing i owned. I was laughing too much at the instant leg-break to stop it from breaking just about everything else. Dunno if zombies have been buffed or not, but i find their current brutality more hilarious than infuriating.

Though i have been one-hit-killed by a zombie twice during moments of frame stutter, but can't be helped really.

Anyone else been tortured by the new/not new zombies? Share experiences! :)

Are you wearing a lot of clothes and gear?  My character gets hit a lot lately but I'm wearing a shitload of gear and they almost never hurt me.

However, I just got stuck inside a wall... 

Are you wearing a lot of clothes and gear?  My character gets hit a lot lately but I'm wearing a shitload of gear and they almost never hurt me.

However, I just got stuck inside a wall... 

On my geared character (hardcore) they barely ruin anything and just scratch me, on my un-geared normal character they've ruined every new item of replacement clothing i've worn and almost always make me bleed/break an arm or leg on each hit, it's really strange

I just had an invisible one almost kill me.  kept up with me sprinting all the way through a town, hitting me at will.  could not see him anywhere.  and while this was going on, a dead zombie was sliding along the ground, also following me.  the invisible zombie only became visible when I entered and then left a building.  I know it was him, because when I killed him the invisible attacks stopped.

going through that one town cost me 72 rounds and about half my gear.

(note to devs: beta is the OTHER fucking direction)

was looting electro, with my brand new CR527+ 3 mags, when i got the LMB bug, so i ran, with about 8 zombies chasing me into the northern fire station (for some reason, zombies can still not climb stairs in fire stations). i figured that i would log out and back in, kill the zombies and continue looting, but it was not to be. when i got to the second floor, i had about 30 seconds where my frame rate took a dive. i thought i am safe up here so no worries. then they started hitting me through the floor. idk if you people have ever been hit by 8 zombies at once, but god, did my health go down fast. my stratus effects went from all good to bleeding to limbs in pain to fracture to broken in about 3 sec.

the last thing i saw before i blacked out was my beautiful red checked shirt being ruined...

:(

the LMB bug needs to be fixed.

I may have a solution, Get an amphibian pistol and a couple of magazines plenty of bullets and exterminate the walkers runners mIlitary zombies and hoppers. What makes melee tough is when lag and desync become a factor.

.22 cal hits required

Female and Male Zombies...2 hits to the body or one to the head.

Hoppers...2 hits to the body or one to the head

Military zombies about three to the body and possibly two to the head

Other players might miss the sound of the Amphibia and the zombies vector in on the location of a zombie that just got greased with any weapon as much as they do on the sound of gunfire.

I THINK.

In any case mixing it up with zombies with an ax can be dangerous if lag or desync is present. Ever wonder how you get hit after a zombie is already on the deck? I think Its because the zombie isn't where you think it is..    

Of course I could be wrong but since I no longer melee with zombies unless I absolutely have to I almost never get hit..My rule: "get them as far away as possible or run away."  

So new to the forum, but have about 24+ hours in game. Is it just me but has zed gotten a bit tougher in the new .47 patch? The new forggy jump is a real kick too!

So new to the forum, but have about 24+ hours in game. Is it just me but has zed gotten a bit tougher in the new .47 patch? The new forggy jump is a real kick too!

Welcome.

Many are having trouble with the Z's or trying to whack em, I've adapted my game play to suite.

Welcome.

Many are having trouble with the Z's or trying to whack em, I've adapted my game play to suite.

Thank You.

I know what you are saying, its almost jab dodge jab. But good times!

Zombies arnt even a threat yet and still we get complaints

Would you like me to ask the Devs to start you with a silenced mega gun with auto targeting?

Have you actually tried playing as a new spawn since patch? Have you tried hitting them with your axe? Do those things and then tell me they aren't a threat. Two buddies last night were new spawns. They didn't last more than five minutes without bleeding out from getting insta-smacked by zeds. They started as new spawns and quit the game as new spawns and never made it out of the areas they spawned in. Another friend and I only survived going into town because we had guns and ammo and yet we still had to retreat to the woods because of all the zombie respawns insta-agroing from 400 meters away, over the hills and behind houses. Went through all of my bandages from a full first aid kit and a couple splints. Like I said in another post, I like most of where they are going with it but perhaps making melee work should have been a priority over making zombies next to impossible to kill in melee.

I fully  understand it's Alpha. I still love the game and I have faith in the devs. My main issue with your comment is that zombie ARE a big threat now. Mainly because of the melee mechanics.

I may have a solution, Get an amphibian pistol and a couple of magazines plenty of bullets and exterminate the walkers runners mIlitary zombies and hoppers. What makes melee tough is when lag and desync become a factor.

.22 cal hits required

Female and Male Zombies...2 hits to the body or one to the head.

Hoppers...2 hits to the body or one to the head

Military zombies about three to the body and possibly two to the head

Other players might miss the sound of the Amphibia and the zombies vector in on the location of a zombie that just got greased with any weapon as much as they do on the sound of gunfire.

I THINK.

In any case mixing it up with zombies with an ax can be dangerous if lag or desync is present. Ever wonder how you get hit after a zombie is already on the deck? I think Its because the zombie isn't where you think it is..    

Of course I could be wrong but since I no longer melee with zombies unless I absolutely have to I almost never get hit..My rule: "get them as far away as possible or run away."  

I've been using guns as with the recent melee bugs + frame drops it's really dangerous to melee them. But .22 weapons aren't silenced yet (only audibly, they still attract zombies) and currently it seems if you use any kind of firearm on a zombie, the new zombie it spawns to replace the one you killed still "remembers" you firing the shot, and will aggro you again, if the shot attracted 8 zombies, most of the time you'll be re-killing those 8 zombies until you get back out of the spawn area or resign to melee them. I think this is also the case when melee killing a zombie while sprinting, they can remember the sprint sound.

This used to be a bug a while back when the zombie respawn was off the hook, and it feels a lot like it did then so i *presume* that's what's happening, i can't be sure though.

So, today a zombie came over to me, broke my leg, fractured my other leg, and broke both of my arms.

Just a single zombie, all of these were consecutive hits, and he ruined all items of clothing i owned. I was laughing too much at the instant leg-break to stop it from breaking just about everything else. Dunno if zombies have been buffed or not, but i find their current brutality more hilarious than infuriating.

Though i have been one-hit-killed by a zombie twice during moments of frame stutter, but can't be helped really.

Anyone else been tortured by the new/not new zombies? Share experiences! :)

merging to Zed thread. 

Have you actually tried playing as a new spawn since patch? Have you tried hitting them with your axe? Do those things and then tell me they aren't a threat. Two buddies last night were new spawns. They didn't last more than five minutes without bleeding out from getting insta-smacked by zeds. They started as new spawns and quit the game as new spawns and never made it out of the areas they spawned in. Another friend and I only survived going into town because we had guns and ammo and yet we still had to retreat to the woods because of all the zombie respawns insta-agroing from 400 meters away, over the hills and behind houses. Went through all of my bandages from a full first aid kit and a couple splints. Like I said in another post, I like most of where they are going with it but perhaps making melee work should have been a priority over making zombies next to impossible to kill in melee.

I fully  understand it's Alpha. I still love the game and I have faith in the devs. My main issue with your comment is that zombie ARE a big threat now. Mainly because of the melee mechanics.

Err yes I played a bit after reading your post

Where is the problem?

I wasn't a newspawn but fired a shot and killed every zombie in one hit with a Fire axe

I realised pretty quick the melee is different but just aim low and they die in one hit, no problem

YO guys,

I must really say, I like the difficult of the latest zombies in stable. But melee really sucks - and also nav-mesh is not 100% working. There are situations, when zombies run in the underground / under my feets :D

For the best game-expierence I wish, they nerf the weakness of the zombies, they can see you in 1km - and also stealth is not possible, for example axing a Z from behind.

Also the hitting from zombies are too powerful - a little bit lower would be nice. As freshspawn you have no chance to find gameplay...

what do you guys think?

I love the ragdoll effect but they just spawn when ever and where ever they like, that's the only annoything now. I was prone in some bushes scouting out an area and I hear a few zeds, next thing I know they are all over my ass and totally giving my position away.

I love the ragdoll effect but they just spawn when ever and where ever they like, that's the only annoything now. I was prone in some bushes scouting out an area and I hear a few zeds, next thing I know they are all over my ass and totally giving my position away.

Guess it'll be a little bit harder sniping bambis now won't it?

Just kidding but a step in the right direction.

Guys, they made the zombies in .47 waaaaay too OP. Basically, I can't even play now because each time I spawn, and head to the nearest town, 5 zombies see me from miles away and chase me. Sometimes I'll find an axe but the hit boxes on the zombies are just trash so I die usually.

Sorry if I ranted a bit.

Edited by killbot420

Zeds are fun even if you get chased and hit more often and ocassionally get killed by a pack of them. Some Zeds are faster than you but none of them can turn tighter and maneuver as well as you.

Try this old zed removal technique it still works just fine (I tested it today) that somone else mentioned . Get the zeds to chase you and lead the zed or zeds to an incline that is steep enough to slow you down and watch them sail past you and do face plants into the dirt and die and then watch them slide downhill ..its hilarious. :lol:. You made no noise, you didnt kill them and as someone mentioned the town is now pretty clear for looting. 

Come on guys we should fear Zeds to a significant degree more zeds is balancing the game and taking the emphasis off of the KoS and rogue sniping bullshit. If its any consolation I haven't seen any zeds climbing ladders or metal stairways in fire stations.

However I think we should be able jam doors shut with sticks to keep them out of a temporary safe haven. But with some effort they should be able to break in.    

Edited by Xbow

Guess it'll be a little bit harder sniping bambis now won't it?

Just kidding but a step in the right direction.

Yeah just to point it out i am not a bandit, I have only ever killed 1 fresh spawn and that was when he was trying to punch me

• Like 1

Err yes I played a bit after reading your post

Where is the problem?

I wasn't a newspawn but fired a shot and killed every zombie in one hit with a Fire axe

I realised pretty quick the melee is different but just aim low and they die in one hit, no problem

The problem is really with new spawns. If you haven't tried it then you don't know. Yeah, I played and killed every zombie with one shot too. I had a gun. But when you have nothing and get bled twice in a row and use up your shirt for rags and you get attacked again immediately you are screwed. I have also noticed that hardcore/first person is MUCH harder to hit with melee weapons like the axe. I later tried in third person view and it wasn't that hard. But new spawn is still an issue that I think needs addressing.

Yeah just to point it out i am not a bandit, I have only ever killed 1 fresh spawn and that was when he was trying to punch me

Fresh spawns can be obnoxious! I killed a well equipped player that took a poke at me with his mosin (thank goodness he didn't have a scope). I moved up to check out the corpse and see if i could get something off of him that I needed and two fresh spawns moved in and tried to rogue my kill. I warned them off and told them to step away from my kill. One of them flipped me off and the other tried to circle around me with his hands up so I sprayed the both of them down with one short burst each...assholes!  All I needed from my kill was the guys compass and some ammo. I would have left them the mosin and 1911 and the rest of his gear and chow. I took what I wanted and hid the body so no one would benefit except me. DayZ fact, "seldom does a good deed go unpunished."      

Edited by Xbow