DireKit

Logged in, stuff's gone

This allways seems to happen at the most undesireable times dosent it. Lost a char 2 days ago. Spawned fresh in solny, found the damm press vest right away. ( i had a feeling this wont go well ) go to airfield. Suprise stranger with crowbar. Whack said stranger. Hooraay now got pristine M4, ammo, yadda yadda.( around 25 minutes after beign freshy ) Log out farher away. Go buy more beer. Come back. Char gone.

Drink beer.

Go buy more beer. Log in again and go loot some more...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Yep. Nothing worked, everything was the same. Brand new character, started from scratch. 

Happens more often that I'd like to admit...I now just deal with it, I stopped caring about my gear lol, until the game is complete I think is our only solution :C

I was chillin with my binocolarus in the hands and watching a town...then there come a message...session lost 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,....i disconnected and connected to a new server and i spawned on the coast with no fucking gear...no m4a1...no hunter backpack...no 150bullets..with nothing.!I disconnected to the main menu and there was a female chara now.....what the fuck happend :( ??????????????????????

I was chillin with my binocolarus in the hands and watching a town...then there come a message...session lost 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,....i disconnected and connected to a new server and i spawned on the coast with no fucking gear...no m4a1...no hunter backpack...no 150bullets..with nothing.!I disconnected to the main menu and there was a female chara now.....what the fuck happend :( ??????????????????????

Merging

You've not participated in many alphas have you? What's your experience been in general? Oh wait - it's clear you have none. Be gone, let the adults talk.

How can you call everyone a troll when it CLEARLY states literally EVERYWHERE that there are bound to be serious issues with the game?  There are several solutions to your problem of losing your gear, which, if it takes you 12 hours to get fully geared, you are clearly doing it wrong.

1st: Don't get attached to gear.

2nd: Your character stays logged in on the server for 30 seconds after you disconnect, giving zambies and players plenty of time to kill you.

3rd: Stop crying, it happens.  You are not the only one.

4th: The game is younger than my unborn child, so there are bound to be bugs. Deal with them, and instead of ranting, post a bug report in the most professional manner possible.

5th: If you are unable to comprehend the fact that its EARLY ALPHA and crap like this is bound to happen, then may I suggest not playing the game.

Hello,

I would like to know if there was a character reset recently, because I appear to have lost everything.

If not, is there any hope of me getting my gear back?

Thank you,

- Ram

Check to make sure you aren't playing on a hardcore instead of regular, as they are an entirely different character.

Also, when you log out your character stays active for 30 seconds after you log out, so it is possible that you were killed after you logged out.

I don't believe character resets happen. I have had this happen before but i think it was becasue i joined a hardcore server and hardcore and normal servers have different characters i believe.

Also, when you log out your character stays active for 30 seconds after you log out, so it is possible that you were killed after you logged out.

Seriously? Even if you logout the normal way?

I was near bolata, just looted it and logged out near the barracks, but I did it the standard way.

Merging

Hello,

I would like to know if there was a character reset recently, because I appear to have lost everything.

If not, is there any hope of me getting my gear back?

Thank you,

- Ram

Merging

It would be nice if you are killed while logging off, having a message when logging in saying that you are being killed while logging off.

I think Rust has a similar message telling you where killed while you was offline. 

• Like 1

Had a similar thing happen to me, server restarted and half the gear in my back pack was deleted, instead of being mad and posting about it I got my gear back in 15 minutes, there are way too many cry babies on this game for whats its worth, its a game! Its mean to have fun on, not pick out everything thats wrong with it and bitch nonstop

Seriously? Even if you logout the normal way?

I was near bolata, just looted it and logged out near the barracks, but I did it the standard way.

the 30s combatlogout timer has been around since the mod, although in the mod you can't actually leave the game until at least the 30s are up (I've seen some mod servers that also implement an extra timer on top of that).  In Standalone you can exit the game at any time, but your character will still wait out the 30s timer.  It's a pita but if you make 100% sure that there is no-one around you should be fine.

from what I understand of things (and my knowledge is flawed for definite), the current Standalone doesn't have any form of server logs that can track things, the game is in Alpha and as such we have an incredibly barebones server architecture that just about manages to run the game, enough that people can report issues in the bugtracker so that they can be seen/voted on and are then prioritized by order of severity/ease of fixing.

Yes, the 'it's alpha' comment gets trotted out an awful lot, but a LOT of people that come here to the forum to complain about stuff do so in completely the wrong manner, they come in demanding that stuff gets fixed because they PAID for the game, what makes them any different from those of us that also PAID for the game but are content to let the devs do their thing and not harangue them with demands and expecting responses for some of the most inane things?  If the devs replied to every single post demanding something of them then they would never get a chance to work on the game.

Progress is slow, i'll grant you, I would expect that to pick up once the game reaches Beta as by then the main framework should be in place and it's time for balancing and bugfixing.  Not a one of us works at Bohemia and so has absolutely no clue what is going on behind those doors.