DireKit

Logged in, stuff's gone

@OP this happens to me alot, my advice?

Tough titties said the kitty.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

You lost all your stuff when you logged back on?

Well that's probably because we killed you when you were logging out in the clinic in svetlo. I saw you sitting there and said something and you didn't reply.

Sorry about that!

Edited by BadContrakt

Troll, troll, troll. Looking for someone to respond that knows something about anything and isn't a troll/clown/highschooler.

Hello troll. Goodbye troll (unless you have anything to offer that is useful).

The only troll here is you.  Are you butthurt because you failed to read all the multiple warnings yet went ahead and clicked the purchase button?  

• Like 4

The only troll here is you.  Are you butthurt because you failed to read all the multiple warnings yet went ahead and clicked the purchase button?  

What can I say? Some people love danger yet complain about it.

There are logs. The devs can tell these things. Fixing wipes and automating making good can/should be totally possible, I've seen it happen in other paid alphas I've participated in. Do you have anything constructive to offer beyond that? Or are you taking pot shots and second guessing both the original poster and myself?

The logs would be only on the server as i mentioned many of these servers do not connect to the hive properly (thankfully they are becoming less and less due to them finally setting servers up properly still its a safer bet to connect to an official sounding server eg example name uk1-23 villiyar serveretc rather than billy bobs awesome dayz 24/7 day server...

Again if you didnt have the forsight to read the disclaimer before purchasing or every time you log into the game by clicking i understand then maybe you should go back to high school and gain a little education in comprehension ...

So if you lost your character to a dodgy server or due to stupidity by trying to play while the hive was down for maintenance you need to direct your misguided rage elsewhere not the developers..

Your a prime example of how a little knoledge but not being able to apply it is a dangerous thing....

Edited by SoulFirez

You've not participated in many alphas have you? What's your experience been in general? Oh wait - it's clear you have none. Be gone, let the adults talk.

The logs would be only on the server as i mentioned many of these servers do not connect to the hive properly (thankfully they are becoming less and less due to them finally setting servers up properly still its a safer bet to connect to an official sounding server eg example name uk1-23 villiyar serveretc rather than billy bobs awesome dayz 24/7 day server...

Again if you didnt have the forsight to read the disclaimer before purchasing or every time you log into the game by clicking i understand then maybe you should go back to high school and gain a little education in comprehension ...

So if you lost your character to a dodgy server or due to stupidity by trying to play while the hive was down for maintenance you need to direct your miguided rage elsewhere not the developers..

Your a prime example of how a little knoledge but not being able to apply it is a dangerous thing....

You clearly have no knowledge of software or what is being done behind the scenes. You response seems geared towards putting a "n00b" in their place and not providing any value in moving an issue foward. Do you have any experience in software or alpha testing big games? ... No? Thought so. Move aside, let people with experience have a conversation here.

You've not participated in many alphas have you? What's your experience been in general? Oh wait - it's clear you have none. Be gone, let the adults talk.

Hmm you should take your own advice there kid...

You clearly have no knowledge of software or what is being done behind the scenes. You response seems geared towards putting a "n00b" in their place and not providing any value in moving an issue foward. Do you have any experience in software or alpha testing big games? ... No? Thought so. Move aside, let people with experience have a conversation here.

pompus much?? your experience is what having been in some alphas before brilliant oh wise one what exactly is your degree in ??

pompus much?? your experience is what having been in some alphas before brilliant oh wise one what exactly is your degree in ??

I have a degree in computer science and I co-founded a software company. I participated in many alphas, including but not limited to Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, and other MMORPG's. You are questioning me why? Who are you again?

I have a degree in computer science and I co-founded a software company.

And you need to participate in Alpha's because your so successful?

I have a degree in computer science and I co-founded a software company. I participated in many alphas, including but not limited to Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, and other MMORPG's. You are questioning me why? Who are you again?

oh another developer then is it lol so surely you must understand then if you log into a server that is not configured to connect with the hive then the devs will not have logs that only the server provider and by thus the admin may have access to the log created .. Oh wait you dont or you would have started this trollish witch hunt.

What i hear is a self entitled kid playing grown up and lying about his qualifications... by all means prove me wrong take a pic with your degree and post it here i have one to ( granted in engineering and it was recieved from a military university so to some may seem a lesser importance lol , but it has seen me in good shape through my adult life hope one day you can have an adult life to :facepalm:

Fine, I'll bite. My credentials - I was Bicrius of Luclin in Everquest - the wizard who essentially wrote the book on quad kiting. Any wizard playing EQ previously to this day knows my name. I also participated in the EQ beta way back in the day. I participated in the DAoC beta, along with other MMORPG's such as Anarchy Online and DAoC. I was also a member of the HL2 Cyco admins and subsequently MIA servers in HL2. I also have a degree in computer science and co-founded a software company since, I would say I have credentials and experience to speak and leeway to call out trolls quite simply. Questions comments concerns suggestions? Shove them where the sun doesn't shine, I predate you.

Lol.

" Warning : I sell this game, but don't buy it cause it's not a game yet and it will take a very long time to maybe finish it, but you can buy it there, thanks."

One day, fan boys will have to realise dayz has allready been sold, millions are gone in bohemia's pocket, there's nothing really important left to buy on PC, and bohemia will never be able to port it on PS4/XB1.

DayzSA has been sold, face it, it's time to wake up, community's money is gone, we have a bugged, empty but expensive amateur's mod, and we paid for it, all of us.

So now... What will happen exactly ? Let's see, anything could happen now, we have no way to say anything. Remember the little message when you launch the game, and the one on steam "ok i sell it, but don't buy it !", the one you like to quote ? It includes you also in the pack of customers who won't be able to say anything if tomorrow, bohemia decides to end the project.

I've played so many betas, this one will never make it, the game isn't just going anywhere, there's no real plan, bad communication, they've restart their whole work from the beginning so much time, and it's sold, the game is fucking sold, this situation is epic, drama could be huge in end of 2014.

Edited by Demenz
  • Like 1

This was nearly 13 years ago - when I give feedback it's not to whine needlessly - it's to point out major problems or to point our major opportunities. Granted, those are based on my opinion of what a major problem or major opportunity are but I even managed the entire Luclin community which the social/forum aspect of which was an order of magnitued larger than what's present for DayZ SA currently. I'm used to trolls, it was part of the job. Smedley, GM's, and others from Sony reached out to me on a regular basis. The point I'm trying to make is clear and valid - paid customers really don't need to and shouldn't deal with certain types of issues. Gear wipes are detectable and fixable, hell, if you can't give them what they had previously just upgrade them or give them a full load out. What's the harm in making good vs leaving them high and dry? Making good seems like an option that would be received with rave reviews vs raving rants. It just makes sense.

Fine, I'll bite. My credentials - I was Bicrius of Luclin in Everquest - the wizard who essentially wrote the book on quad kiting. Any wizard playing EQ previously to this day knows my name. I also participated in the EQ beta way back in the day. I participated in the DAoC beta, along with other MMORPG's such as Anarchy Online and DAoC. I was also a member of the HL2 Cyco admins and subsequently MIA servers in HL2. I also have a degree in computer science and co-founded a software company since, I would say I have credentials and experience to speak and leeway to call out trolls quite simply. Questions comments concerns suggestions? Shove them where the sun doesn't shine, I predate you.

alot of trying to say who you are but no photo of proof i can say i am the priminister of australia doesnt make it so.. Again with so much experience and qualifications why can you not grasp the simple explanation i gave you .

Basicly i call bull and your speaking alot of it mister co founder of your mothers basement....

As for sticking it where the sun dont shine lol again your advice your most welcome to take yourself now if you have finished playing pretend how about real adults talk about the issues and the good things ( good knows this game has issues by the bag full it is alpha and kid its far from the worst alpha i have taken part in..)

Ok - http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?3461-How-amp-Where-to-Quad-Levels-34-45-By-Bicrius-of-Luclin... or log into EQ and go to Township Rebellion (anyone who knows EQ knows who that is) and ask Adetia, who's been the GL forever and was once upon a time the forum admin with Milynna. Fandiien is a member of TR as well, he and I used to be guilded. Who are you again?

Edited by Death By Crowbar

I ask - who are you? If you are noone but a troll - buzz off, or prove you're someone in the gaming community that should be taken seriously. That's going to take some work unfortunately...

so, firstly, if this game is going nowhere and our money is gone. Rather than come here whining why not just accept the loss and be done with it?

Secondly, knowing this is an alpha, and knowing you are the all time alpha tester, then why are you posting all this in the general discussion rather than helping the devs and posting it in the bug reports section?

Thirdly, sorry much experienced alpha tester, but ive alpha tested those games you mentioned and a host of others and still don't consider myself an experienced alpha tester that can make demands of a game developer.

Lastly, unfortunately this series of discussions highlights for me the difference between people who have played the mod and people who have come to play the SA fresh.

The game is all about gearing up. So where you see wasted time and needless loss of items. I see an opportunity to start again and enjoy the process of being a lost survivor washed up on the shores of an unknown beach.

In reality, once you learn the game its about 30 minutes to fully gear up again. no big deal really if you want to view it like that.

however I can pretty much guarantee you that if you are going to get upset everytime you lose gear to a glitch or something unforseen, then you are not going to last long in this game....why not try out Skyrim instead?

alot of trying to say who you are but no photo of proof i can say i am the priminister of australia doesnt make it so.. Again with so much experience and qualifications why can you not grasp the simple explanation i gave you .

Basicly i call bull and your speaking alot of it mister co founder of your mothers basement....

As for sticking it where the sun dont shine lol again your advice your most welcome to take yourself now if you have finished playing pretend how about real adults talk about the issues and the good things ( good knows this game has issues by the bag full it is alpha and kid its far from the worst alpha i have taken part in..)

I've provided references. Until someone else provides any references I maintain that I predate any trools and would like to be taken seriously since I have experience in this, and I would like to once again take an opportunity to slap down the "this is alpha deal with it LOLZ @ U" crowd for their youthful ignorance. Paid customers should receive support that justifies their support and keeps them engaged. That is simple economics which should be totally achievable by a software company that is dedicated to the cause. I reiterate gear wipes with nothing but a "LOL @ U!" with no customer service make good interaction for a paid customer is totally, completely, and incredibly inappropriate, even in an alpha phase.

Thats right i am a no one but then what you supplied is not proof of who you are i am not trying to portray myself as some one i am not its worthless and its easy to be called out on as i am on you ( ps knowing the people who are in the know again doesnt mean you are one of them you just know the names wow i could rattle of the names of the dayz dev team and it doesnt make me a part of it now does it.

Again if you are who you say you are what are you doinhg here talking with the plebs you would be better of on reddit talking direct to the developers with your vital information on what they are doing wrong. But oh wait your not doing that cause your full of it ..

Buzz of lol i am a member of the community nothing less nothing more and i have every  right to call them on the bull and if it turns out its not bull ( id bet  money it is ) then again why are you not doing as i prescribed your experience and insight would do great wonders for the team oh wait you havent shown any yet just crying there should be logs i lost my character boo hoo seriously kid give up your not fooling anyone.

Next dev please...

so, firstly, if this game is going nowhere and our money is gone. Rather than come here whining why not just accept the loss and be done with it?

Secondly, knowing this is an alpha, and knowing you are the all time alpha tester, then why are you posting all this in the general discussion rather than helping the devs and posting it in the bug reports section?

Thirdly, sorry much experienced alpha tester, but ive alpha tested those games you mentioned and a host of others and still don't consider myself an experienced alpha tester that can make demands of a game developer.

Lastly, unfortunately this series of discussions highlights for me the difference between people who have played the mod and people who have come to play the SA fresh.

The game is all about gearing up. So where you see wasted time and needless loss of items. I see an opportunity to start again and enjoy the process of being a lost survivor washed up on the shores of an unknown beach.

In reality, once you learn the game its about 30 minutes to fully gear up again. no big deal really if you want to view it like that.

however I can pretty much guarantee you that if you are going to get upset everytime you lose gear to a glitch or something unforseen, then you are not going to last long in this game....why not try out Skyrim instead?

Have you logged a single bug, or voted on one? Just curious, I'm guessing not. Your gear disappears and you run around like a naked clown happy to have the new zed spawn rate rape you in the anooz while you hope for a fire axe and a long range scope and some beans - am I wrong? How long does that take you now? I'm sure you are fully amuse when zeds are behind you knee deep in the floor hitting you making you bleed out of some area of your rear as you tried frantically to pick up that can of sardines that wouldn't show up when you hit TAB but only shows up when you directly mouse over it and have to hit the "F" key to pick it up, and as you run out of the building bleeding out your rectum ripping up your tee-shirt you found the whole thing completely worth while and enjoyable. I'm sure that is accurate and there's no contestation. Am I wrong?

• Like 1