DireKit

Logged in, stuff's gone

so, firstly, if this game is going nowhere and our money is gone. Rather than come here whining why not just accept the loss and be done with it?

Secondly, knowing this is an alpha, and knowing you are the all time alpha tester, then why are you posting all this in the general discussion rather than helping the devs and posting it in the bug reports section?

Thirdly, sorry much experienced alpha tester, but ive alpha tested those games you mentioned and a host of others and still don't consider myself an experienced alpha tester that can make demands of a game developer.

Lastly, unfortunately this series of discussions highlights for me the difference between people who have played the mod and people who have come to play the SA fresh.

The game is all about gearing up. So where you see wasted time and needless loss of items. I see an opportunity to start again and enjoy the process of being a lost survivor washed up on the shores of an unknown beach.

In reality, once you learn the game its about 30 minutes to fully gear up again. no big deal really if you want to view it like that.

however I can pretty much guarantee you that if you are going to get upset everytime you lose gear to a glitch or something unforseen, then you are not going to last long in this game....why not try out Skyrim instead?

You do realize its because of fanboys like you as to why the game will, never ever be what it could of been because instead helping Bohemia with constructive criticism  you just become a mass of pasty human shields for them and attack anyone who would question the little to no progress so far, despite the game being generally, a pile of shit lets be fair.

The game will only progress if their is criticism, your fan boy fanaticism is damaging the game completely.

"if this game is going nowhere and our money is gone. Rather than come here whining why not just accept the loss and be done with it?"

And just lol, Oh they took my money for no reason.....better just forget about it...... I swear defeatism is bred into people these days.

Edited by 6The6Count6
  • Like 1

Like 6The6Count6's attitude. Still looking for a response from someone who is someone and not merely someone looking to troll. Tuesday nights are slow but I didn't think it would be this slow...

I have a degree in computer science and I co-founded a software company. I participated in many alphas, including but not limited to Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, and other MMORPG's. You are questioning me why? Who are you again?

You are probably one of the biggest douchebags I have ever come across on the internet. Literally.

• Like 4

You are probably one of the biggest douchebags I have ever come across on the internet. Literally.

Do you work corrections or are you still in high school? Literally.

I agree hahahaha.

You're not going to get your gear back.

This isn't an Aplha test, this is an EARLY ACCESS Alpha test.

Stop whining about something that has happened to EVERY player, and enjoy playing the game and testing.

I lost all my gear in a random wipe when a server reset. Spawned as a freshie in Kamyshovo. Went to the police station, found a mosin with 20 rounds and a magnum, found a cool looking wool coat that high-gear-area-only players like you probably didn't know existed, as well as a backpack and enough food to get me fully energized and hydrated.

That happened in 10 minutes. Get back into the game and stop complaining. The goal of the game is to survive, not get the best gear. This isn't EverQuest or World of WarCraft.

• Like 1

So much drama in here. 1 man's opinion versus the world.

Entertaining to be sure.

I really didn't think a gamer's ego could get that big .... better get that looked at, it looks infected.

:lol:

• Like 2

So much drama in here. 1 man's opinion versus the world.

Entertaining to be sure.

I really didn't think a gamer's ego could get that big .... better get that looked at, it looks infected.

:lol:

True.

7r2uw.jpg

The point I've been trying to make I still maintain - DayZ could easily be identifying and "making good" for paid customers when these things happen, early alpha or not. That's what good companies attempt to do.

And anyone who hasn't played halo HAS NO SOUL.

May I also suggest that by the spamming of overused memes that you are a 16 year old who gets high on playing mlg and bashing games that have many loving fans?

Edited by Geckofrog7

And anyone who hasn't played halo HAS NO SOUL.

7r32h.jpg

What is it with the Halo stuff? Last time I played Halo was over 10 years ago bro.

Yes yes, Assassin's Creed. I've played since the original.

Wow...you really are that ignorant.

Peace through Power, you 14 year old GDI scum!

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Regardless of age, gender and credentials. We are participating in a pre-alpha, as testers. No one here on these forums are above the rest of the us. We are a community after all and everyone is equal!

There is some valid points in this thread, and if one chooses not to take that advice that is fine. There really is no need to get antsy about it and belittle others because of prior experience, or lack of.

You will find, the dayz dev team are not your typical run of the mill developers. They operate differently. Dean has said this from the very start. Not everyone has to like it :)

• Like 6

Crowbar, instead of labeling everyone as a troll, perhaps you should read rule #3. Your posting of non-constructive images is not helping anyone.

That goes for the rest of you.
--

Regardless of age, gender and credentials. We are participating in a pre-alpha, as testers. No one here on these forums are above the rest of the us. We are a community after all and everyone is equal!

There is some valid points in this thread, and if one chooses not to take that advice that is fine. There really is no need to get antsy about it and belittle others because of prior experience, or lack of.

You will find, the dayz dev team are not your typical run of the mill developers. They operate differently. Dean has said this from the very start. Not everyone has to like it  :)

This is one of the best posts I have seen in a long time.  :beans:

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4

Wow...you really are that ignorant.

Peace through Power, you 14 year old GDI scum!

Command and Conquer, really? /facepalm

7r39q.jpg

:facepalm:

On-topic please.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

This is one of the best posts I have seen in a long time.  :beans:

Thanks Inception, I appreciate the beans. I will savour them for tomorrow :)

Inception - I think what I'm trying to verbalize is that every time I see someone approach the forums with an issue related to something that is clearly related to alpha state and / or various data resets there is little sympathy and in fact typically a "deal with it, it's pre-alpha, LOL @ U!" mentality. Since we've paid to participate in this experience, I would instead hope/expect an alternative where such paid customers aren't simply generally laughed at and left out to dry. The lack of that and the ridicule folks who seek that receive I find disappointing.

Inception - I think what I'm trying to verbalize is that every time I see someone approach the forums with an issue related to something that is clearly related to alpha state and / or various data resets there is little sympathy and in fact typically a "deal with it, it's pre-alpha, LOL @ U!" mentality. Since we've paid to participate in this experience, I would instead hope/expect an alternative where such paid customers aren't simply generally laughed at and left out to dry. The lack of that and the ridicule folks who seek that receive I find disappointing.

Rule #9 covers the 'hurrr durr alpha' posts for the most part. Use the report button if you see them, please.