SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

Personally I'd like for them to get rid of every AK style weapon. I personally hate the way they look.

Seems like you play the wrong game if you don't want soviet weaponry ingame.

Seems like you play the wrong game if you don't want soviet weaponry ingame.

He said AKs he did not say any other types of weapons.

Personally I hate anything Russian to to an extent.

He said AKs he did not say any other types of weapons.

Personally I hate anything Russian to to an extent.

But you have to admit that most of the soviet or russian weapons are based on AK-style-weapons, and therefore tend to look comparable: SVD, AN-94, Vityaz, etc. I personally love the new AK101 and am looking forward to the implementation of more soviet and/or russian weaponry, but of course, that's very subjective. The most important thing is that everyone can carry a weapon he likes, for you US-guys M4, for me the AKs and other european weapons. The worst you can do is trying to dictate others which weapons to take (no one did so in this thread, just saying ;))

FN P90, accompanied by the FN Five Seven sidearm :P

Yes, the P90 is actually widely used in eastern Europe as well. And as it was designed in conjunction with the Five Seven (they use the same ammo type), why not?

But you have to admit that most of the soviet or russian weapons are based on AK-style-weapons, and therefore tend to look comparable: SVD, AN-94, Vityaz, etc. I personally love the new AK101 and am looking forward to the implementation of more soviet and/or russian weaponry, but of course, that's very subjective. The most important thing is that everyone can carry a weapon he likes, for you US-guys M4, for me the AKs and other european weapons. The worst you can do is trying to dictate others which weapons to take (no one did so in this thread, just saying ;))

Well with NATO rounds becoming a little easier to find come .48 guns like the 101 and M4A1 will be much more viable.

I hate the look of AK style weapons. That and their ergonomics and general design don't make any sense to me. And who puts the charging handle (which you have to manually operate when you change magazines) on the right side of a weapon, when 90% of the population is right handed, and will have to either reach over the barrel to work it, or turn the gun.

Weapons:

For weapons I generally like the idea of more civilian and police grade firearms rather than military weaponry. Bolt-actions have a special place in my heart. More intimacy between you and the round. Makes you feel like you are more a part of the mechanism that delivers death to your foe. Feels like part of you reaches them. Is inside them. Mosin is a classic, and has us covered. But. Moar!

* Some form of pump action shotgun with a sawn off variation (Click, Clack, BOOM!)
* A compact snub-nosed revolver, easy to conceal/takes up very little inventory space, perhaps a .32 of some kind?
* G36 Assault Rifle.(Yeah..not Civilian really >.>). But it's the most prettiest of all assault rifles!

* Some burst fire weaponry? We lack that!
* Power Tools
* Knives and Machetes that actually hurt people.
* Improvised explosives

Clothes:

*Fishnets.
*More variations of gas mask
*More Masks
*Trench coats
*Punk gearz
*Goth gearz
*Sports gear
*Improvised clothing and leather based gear, improvised armor, post apoc road warrior stuffs!
*Riot Gear (Think we're getting this? I dont remember. Whatevz.)

Edited by Rudette

Badass longcoats.

*Trench coats

If you want them feel free to vote for them in my "Suggestions" topic (link below). ;)

FN P90, accompanied by the FN Five Seven sidearm :P

Yes, the P90 is actually widely used in eastern Europe as well. And as it was designed in conjunction with the Five Seven (they use the same ammo type), why not?

It would require a completely new cartridge that is restricted to only a few weapons. If anything both weapons should be added but I doubt they will as there are plenty of better (in terms of gameplay) alternatives that don't require their own caliber to be added.

If you want them feel free to vote for them in my "Suggestions" topic (link below). ;)

It would require a completely new cartridge that is restricted to only a few weapons. If anything both weapons should be added but I doubt they will as there are plenty of better (in terms of gameplay) alternatives that don't require their own caliber to be added.

I alredy did that. One of the devs(I think it might even have been Rocket) stated that they could even be animated!

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1wmt1l/trench_coats_fort_that_omar_little_look/

Edited by Gandolaf

And who puts the charging handle (which you have to manually operate when you change magazines) on the right side of a weapon, when 90% of the population is right handed, and will have to either reach over the barrel to work it, or turn the gun.

Most guns actually have the charging handle on the right side, don't they? O.o

The same would apply to most "true" PDWs, like the MP7 and KAC PDW.

I actually think 5.7x28mm would be the most likely candidate, as it gives us a PDW (the P90) and a pistol (the FiveseveN). Whereas rounds like 4.6x30mm, 9x39mm, and 6x35mm pretty much just give us one type of weapon (i.e. either a PDW or a visually similar family of similarly capable weapons, in 9x39mm).

Granted, I'd love for all of them to be in, but it's doubtful.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Most guns actually have the charging handle on the right side, don't they? O.o

Yea, for bolt actions and whatnot it makes sense, but I can't see it making much sense for an Assault rifle. When you look at the economy of motion with an AR-15 style weapon (magazine release button where your trigger finger would be when off the trigger, bolt closing button on the left side of the rifle, near where you'll be reloading your magazine, everything in a straight line from muzzle to buttstock to reduce vertical recoil, etc.) I just look at the AK and think, man, could have been so much better.

That said, if you like it, by all means use it. I just won't if I have the option.

Hello there

No pics without text please and lets keep the mankinis and other "hilarious" suggestions to the minimum please.

Thread Cleaned.

Rgds

LoK

Tactical bikini and the MG3.

Just kidding. We do not need such overpowered guns, but a bikini would be nice.  B)

A proper dinner suit, just because there's a zombie apocalypse doesn't mean we can't do it in style like James Bond. 

• Like 1

The clothing department thus far is kinda lacking and imo far too military focused.

Take any legit post apocalyptic movie, tv show or graphic novel and the clothing is by far civilian focused.

I am hoping the clothing has that dirty, civilian, rag tag look of popular post apocalyptic media.

More of this.

UXrw3xA.jpgMdy35V2.png

ADpYW2l.jpg

Little to none of this

HBRASWJ.jpg

• Like 4

The thing is, you could leave the crap out at the end. You could. But you consciously choose to say what you don't want, rather than just what you do want, always. You go out of your way to discredit a particular aesthetic, for some reason.

Moar of everything, please. Including this...

tumblr_mnwcqwJeac1rgw5pgo1_1280.jpg

1280px-U.S._Army_Ranger%2C_2nd_Battalion

1hk417sniperengagessnap.jpg

And this type of stuff is equally as welcome too!

shaun-of-the-dead-trio.jpg

Pretty sure I've put this out there before but...

woodline_accessories_woodline_gaiters.pn

And a Rocket/Kiwi-friendly nod to the NZSAS! Because sometimes a beret isn't enough...

001-4.jpg

And one of these of course!

Upgrading+the+Steyr.jpg

Or some of this, sans the already-included MP5K and M4!

09012014.jpg

Edited by Katana67

I present to you: Woodman's Pal

Woodmans-Pal.jpg

This little beauty saw service during WWII and the Korean War and is still made in America today. The Woodman's Pal combines light duty chopping with a bill hook for clearing vines and tall grass. I would love to see this thing in game.

Pretty sure I've put this out there before but...

And a Rocket/Kiwi-friendly nod to the NZSAS! Because sometimes a beret isn't enough...

And one of these of course!

Or some of this, sans the already-included MP5K and M4!

09012014.jpg

That looks like an Colt M727 or M723, not an M4A1, which makes sense because this looks to be previous UK military weapons - L1A1, M72 LAW, Browning Hi-Power (L109), Sterling L2A3, and the M16 with the XM148 GL.

That picture also consists of pretty much all weapons I (strongly) want in the game - A Sterling or Sten gun with the magazine on the side, an M72 LAW for a disposable rocket launcher, the Browning Hi-Power for more variety, the L1A1/FN FAL for a mid-tier battle rifle, and a full-length M16, although I'm incredibly torn over whether they should do an M16A1 or M16A4, because both are really cool. And then obviously the MP5K is in game and the M727 is, for all intents and purposes, an M4A1 with a permanently attached carry handle.