Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Biggest fix I would like to see is the zeds not being able to morph through floors and walls. I can deal with rubberbanding and loot not spawning right, etc. But actually I've been pretty aloof at avoiding them after studying their wall and floor hacking abilities, hehehe.

• Like 2

THis seem like an obvious. never got why there is not a new one. one for exp ,another for stable. 

@almost Page100

The last one of these got to like 130 pages before the update.

gotta found out elsewhere there has been small updates made/to come....:(

seriously need to work on the spawns better, pushing more and more fresh spawns to a smaller area of the map is gonna mean more empty towns for fresh spawns to starve in, and berezino will be a deathmatch, if people even make it off the coast, hopefully the coastal village spawns means more than just the east coast, would like to see some spawns between cherno and elektro

• Like 1

Hopefully development speeds up when they realize they have some HARD competition @ SOE H1Z1

• Like 1

Biggest fix I would like to see is the zeds not being able to morph through floors and walls. I can deal with rubberbanding and loot not spawning right, etc. But actually I've been pretty aloof at avoiding them after studying their wall and floor hacking abilities, hehehe.

Agreed. They are planning a voxel type system that will allow them to control the floor space more effectively so as to block zeds and guide them down defined paths. This is working but I got the impression that it won't be too long before it's live. What I'm looking forward to is slamming a door in their faces and then barricading it with planks!

• Like 1

Hopefully development speeds up when they realize they have some HARD competition @ SOE H1Z1

Don't fool yourself. It does not work like that anymore after games are started to being sold before they are released(finished!). 

Edited by neobit
  • Like 1

I would not count on it....to be honest, they made the money, they are already succesfull :)

I agree, the development is slow, or they are hiding something? :))))  but from business perspectiv, i totaly understand. That is the magic of prerelease alpha sales....no more spending hell of a money on developement and being under stress all the time "will it be succesful? will we end up in black numbers?" No, the sides have changed here and the devoleper doesnt have any uknown cards, the player has it now. They know that they have made around 80 mil dollars brutto on increased sales for arma 2 (thanks to the mod) and sales on dayz sa.

So Bohemia Interactive has already such a load of money made on this product...they just adjust and control the expenses now to get as much profit as possible out of it. Please, dont be naive that they are entusiastic and super happy to deliver the best as soon as possible :) Maybe the coders, graphic guys, hicks or dean.. they are.....but the owner, he is businesman on the first place. And every dolar he spends goes from his pocket and every saved dollar stays there. Of course he can double the investment, speed up the procces and still he will get unbeliavable fortune.. but why do that? He is already satisfied with the income, even when he doesnt sell any additional copy of Dayz when it comes gold :)

Bohemia interactiv is still company of one man in charge and that man cares about money on first place (of course). If someone will come and ask him: Chief, we can finish the game in three years or we can finish it in two years but it will costs 30% more (which wont be not even 10% of their income), trust me, he will say that three years is fina :)

So, i believe, when this product goes out, it will be very interesting and it will bring what we all hope for...but i am sure, they will take their time ;)

Edited by francoa22
  • Like 1

in the OP they advise it is a living document

thats true, but it doenst necessarily mean its good.

I would not count on it....to be honest, they made the money, they are already succesfull :)

I agree, the development is slow, or they are hiding something? :))))  but from business perspectiv, i totaly understand. That is the magic of prerelease alpha sales....no more spending hell of a money on developement and being under stress all the time "will it be succesful? will we end up in black numbers?" No, the sides have changed here and the devoleper doesnt have any uknown cards, the player has it now. They know that they have made around 80 mil dollars brutto on increased sales for arma 2 (thanks to the mod) and sales on dayz sa.

So Bohemia Interactive has already such a load of money made on this product...they just adjust and control the expenses now to get as much profit as possible out of it. Please, dont be naive that they are entusiastic and super happy to deliver the best as soon as possible :) Maybe the coders, graphic guys, hicks or dean.. they are.....but the owner, he is businesman on the first place. And every dolar he spends goes from his pocket and every saved dollar stays there. Of course he can double the investment, speed up the procces and still he will get unbeliavable fortune.. but why do that? He is already satisfied with the income, even when he doesnt sell any additional copy of Dayz when it comes gold :)

Well they just largely increased the number of developers, so they did just that. I am a software developer and in my experience NOTHING increases my desire more to produce high quality software than seeing that there is actually someone there that uses and values my product. The problem is when you get the feeling that it does not matter at all, what you develop, because no one cares. If the devs are anything at all like me, they are hyper-motivated right now. Combine that with the increased team size mentioned above (that was probably only or at least so quickly done because of the game's success), and the stars foretell a great future. With the number of sales it is also a question of prestige. I have never heard of Bohemia before and DayZ also promotes Arma 3 sales, I'm sure. I really think about getting it, and 3 months ago I saw Arma (don't remember which one) on a friend's whishlist in steam and was like "What the hell is that?" After a quick glance at it I was totally convinced that my friend wasn't quite right in the head anymore. So what changed me so drastically? DayZ and the possibilities I started to see after a while ALSO in regular Arma and it's mods.

Bohemia interactiv is still company of one man in charge and that man cares about money on first place (of course). If someone will come and ask him: Chief, we can finish the game in three years or we can finish it in two years but it will costs 30% more (which wont be not even 10% of their income), trust me, he will say that three years is fina :)

So, i believe, when this product goes out, it will be very interesting and it will bring what we all hope for...but i am sure, they will take their time ;)

Every year we see a really big jump in the computer gaming industry, concerning basically everything. And should there be no new ideas or other interesting changes, there will at least be better graphics. The difference of getting a game out a year sooner or later is extremely important for it's success in terms of what it has to compete against.

Well I know what I hope for and I have high hopes for that. As far as I am concerned the high sales at it's current state open a lot of possibilities for the game's development, I really disagree with you on that point. Releasing alphas in this state has of couse other disadvantages, but that's something else alltogether.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Reading the last few pages made me think that the half of the players are really mad at developers and the other half are simply understanding and tolerating the progress.

I can say I feel like updates are pretty much rare but I can't say that they are small. I mean seriously, look at the list and now think about the bugs which may occur for EACH NEW ITEM. It takes a lot of time to test each item, each change. I was writing about an update which brought a fatal bug with it, huge FPS drops. Do you even realize how many people were mixing the developers with shit for that? Because such thing happened, I think the devs. will be testing even more to make sure that the update can go to stable and will be working fine. Experimental is being updated like daily, the devs are working non-stop on further content. You rly should stop thinking that the team is spending the millions they've earned, well yeah they do but they are surely not on a vacation with a cocktail and a cigar in the hands.

Would like to see more news about the current state. Twitter and Reddit is something I don't use at all because it's simply a waste of time for me, same with Facebook and bullshit like that. The "news" by Dean on Twitter are one sentence small, this is a joke :)

We have this forum and it would be great to have some sort of a list which is being updated all the time, just like the experimental branch... Adding a line after line because right now, like others said - there is one new thread in 2 months. I've read it like 15 times now, it says the list is a work in progress but I've never seen it being updated. I'm wondering when the zombs will stop walking through the walls and such but I simply get no information about that and I kinda hate it... Waiting, playing, watching my buddies coming back to the game each time there is an update to stable and leaving again because the stuff they want to be fixed is still not fixed. I can say for sure they would act different if they would know when this and that will be fixed/rewritten/whatever. Simply give us more information about what is currently being done and people will look different. Sharing is caring ^^

• Like 2

Isn't it great how they promise an update last week, then we don't hear jack about it until the last chance an update could be pushed this week. Then within seconds of doing something non dayZ related we get...

At airport on way to PAX East. If you see me there come say hi, I'm giving away free signed DayZ postcards - rocket2guns

I wonder at what point Dean will realize most of us couldn't give a care about his activities not related to DayZ and he will get some kind of structure to keeping us updated on whats going on with the game. Doesn't look very professional announcing a half assed roadmap last week and failing to deliver on the first stated update in the devblog....
Edited by WarhouseTV
  • Like 4

Isn't it great how they promise an update last week, then we don't hear jack about it until the last chance an update could be pushed this week. Then within seconds of doing something non dayZ related we get...

At airport on way to PAX East. If you see me there come say hi, I'm giving away free signed DayZ postcards - rocket2guns

I wonder at what point Dean will realize most of us couldn't give a care about his activities not related to DayZ and he will get some kind of structure to keeping us updated on whats going on with the game. Doesn't look very professional announcing a half assed roadmap last week and failing to deliver on the first stated update in the devblog....

i care.... but I am a weird stalker

• Like 1

no updates written since March 20th do you have a social media officer at B.I. Day Z office? Because haven't seen much out of them!!!
Where do i look for official Day Z updates- is it 'reddit' , face book, PC Gamer magazine, Dean's bloody twitter accounts??!

Because other people tell me what is happening before it is written on the official forum. Update this month?

Still waiting for the update announced in March? or was it February? persistant backpacks, ragdolls etc ? Now its hunting and fires? Nothing on  developer branch servers just 4 servers with 64 time. Has the 64 x time even been anounced on these forums?

no updates written since March 20th do you have a social media officer at B.I. Day Z office? Because haven't seen much out of them!!!

Where do i look for official Day Z updates- is it 'reddit' , face book, PC Gamer magazine, Dean's bloody twitter accounts??!

Because other people tell me what is happening before it is written on the official forum. Update this month?

Still waiting for the update announced in March? or was it February? persistant backpacks, ragdolls etc ? Now its hunting and fires? Nothing on  developer branch servers just 4 servers with 64 time. Has the 64 x time even been anounced on these forums?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

game becomes lame. why? simply cause they said there will be more updates in a period. what happened? nothing. Thanks DEV-Team. 

Really enjoyed your game but now i will play arma 3 till your shiet will be fixed. 

See you in ... let me guess, half a year?

Dean and team are trolls. Period.

I respect the vision of Dean and his work on the original mod. Definitely respect the fact he got Bohemia to hire him and pour money (?) into a standalone.

But...fact is, this is just about as unprofessional as it get's:

- communications (or lack thereof). Multiple sources for tiny snippets of info, forums neglected, no employee actually responsible for community management. FB, Twitter, Reddit...for fucks sake you twats, many of the people who play Dayz are NOT social media consumers. In fact, many of us despise those. What a clusterfuck.

- dev blog inconsistently updated (not regular in any way), filled with what often ends up to be misleading or straight up inaccurate information.

- timelines, even extremely short-term ones, neglected and blown constantly.

- the only thing we have to go on is that Dean and team like to take "working holidays" to conventions/shows/whatever the fuck they are (I don't know or care) that I certainly don't give a fuck about (and I do not think i am alone), to talk about a game that is sorely lacking in development, given the time that has already transpired. Hint: don't go to any more of these, and just fucking work on your game!

- procedural problems. Releasing what can only be described as experimental builds to stable servers too early. Releasing ghost builds that are unannounced. No reference to them on forums; if there is anywhere else, I am not sure. Seriously, you have "experimental" and "stable"...fucking pretend you are software developers and look up in a god damn dictionary on what those two terms mean!

The way I see it, I have paid for the privileged of alpha testing and thus improving this game along with the developers. The dev's themselves are hampering me from doing that job effectively due to issues above.
In other words, they are sabotaging the alpha process by exhibiting unprofessional behavior.

I haven't seen a more convincing or obvious case of a project that is poorly managed and desperately in need of a firm hand in that regard. At this point I WOULD LOVE IF EA TOOK OVER! Bobby Kotick the fuck out of this shit! And that should be clear in how bad it really is...

Conclusion: they are not serious. They are trolls.

• Like 11

Fracture if i could give you all the beans i would! couldn't have said it better myself and I agree 100%. Complete Trolls. No doubt over the weekend we will see plenty of twitter activity from Dean and Hicks and then resume silence monday.

I haven't seen a more convincing or obvious case of a project that is poorly managed and desperately in need of a firm hand in that regard.

Ever seen WarZ/Infestation: Survivor Stories?

So from what I've gathered from Fracture's post, he likes to swear a lot and is angry that Dean and Hicks are going to these events to promote the game? Just because these 2 go to rezzed, PAX etc does not mean that all development stops just because they aren't there. 

Chill out, go have an anger w*nk and calm down.

• Like 4

It is not very odd that suddenly many low posts clients (not me) with new faces appears to say DAYZ YOU SXXKS ME ALOT SINCE XXX or YEAH I AGREE YOU 100% etc.

BECAUSE another game competitor is coming out, that means they must buy some professional people to give other game a lesson.

• Like 1

It is not very odd that suddenly many low posts clients (not me) with new faces appears to say DAYZ YOU SXXKS ME ALOT SINCE XXX or YEAH I AGREE YOU 100% etc.

BECAUSE another game competitor is coming out, that means they must buy some professional people to give other game a lesson.

Can anyone translate this into English?... please...

Dean and team are trolls. Period.

I respect the vision of Dean and his work on the original mod. Definitely respect the fact he got Bohemia to hire him and pour money (?) into a standalone.

But...fact is, this is just about as unprofessional as it get's:

- communications (or lack thereof). Multiple sources for tiny snippets of info, forums neglected, no employee actually responsible for community management. FB, Twitter, Reddit...for fucks sake you twats, many of the people who play Dayz are NOT social media consumers. In fact, many of us despise those. What a clusterfuck.

- dev blog inconsistently updated (not regular in any way), filled with what often ends up to be misleading or straight up inaccurate information.

- timelines, even extremely short-term ones, neglected and blown constantly.

- the only thing we have to go on is that Dean and team like to take "working holidays" to conventions/shows/whatever the fuck they are (I don't know or care) that I certainly don't give a fuck about (and I do not think i am alone), to talk about a game that is sorely lacking in development, given the time that has already transpired. Hint: don't go to any more of these, and just fucking work on your game!

- procedural problems. Releasing what can only be described as experimental builds to stable servers too early. Releasing ghost builds that are unannounced. No reference to them on forums; if there is anywhere else, I am not sure. Seriously, you have "experimental" and "stable"...fucking pretend you are software developers and look up in a god damn dictionary on what those two terms mean!

The way I see it, I have paid for the privileged of alpha testing and thus improving this game along with the developers. The dev's themselves are hampering me from doing that job effectively due to issues above.

In other words, they are sabotaging the alpha process by exhibiting unprofessional behavior.

I haven't seen a more convincing or obvious case of a project that is poorly managed and desperately in need of a firm hand in that regard. At this point I WOULD LOVE IF EA TOOK OVER! Bobby Kotick the fuck out of this shit! And that should be clear in how bad it really is...

Conclusion: they are not serious. They are trolls.

way to get all worked up over things you have no control over. so because you spent $29 they immediately have to communicate everything they do in the way you want it done, when you want it done, without error, without taking any breaks. you have not paid for any privilege. you have paid for a license to use a piece of software. how many bugs have you reported? i'm not sure how a late devblog or getting info from twitter is hampering your super alpha tester skills. try to keep in mind that really, they dont have to relay any information at all. i dont care for their communication practices either, but whether or not you hate twitter has nothing to do with their chosen communication medium. could it be better? sure....will it be? does it really matter? why do you have to be so perfectly informed? does information from the dev's enable you to breathe or something?

oh...wait...you got me...

conclusion: fracture is the troll

• Like 6

i just wish they were a bit clearer on what has changed after each patch is all. me and my mate had a ton of fun last night once we realized tents, cars, and usually empty buildings all spawn loot on stable servers now. random, northwesterly towns are now worth a bit of a damn!

anyone clear on any of the other tweaks they may have made?

i just wish they were a bit clearer on what has changed after each patch is all. me and my mate had a ton of fun last night once we realized tents, cars, and usually empty buildings all spawn loot on stable servers now. random, northwesterly towns are now worth a bit of a damn!

anyone clear on any of the other tweaks they may have made?

There was no patch to post a change log as there was no change to the client they are doing tweaks to the server things such as the loot spawn changes which i believe they already said they dont post server changes/fixes 

Edited by dennisph