Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

How's the zombie hit detection now?Before the fix i had to swing the axe 3-4 times at them before the hits were registered.

So the hotfix is great, no issues, very responsive game now. Really liking it.

Zombies are hardmode now, which I enjoy - however, after i shot one, another spawned in directly on me. I mean, standing right next to me... touching me. That seems a bit excessive (certainly broke the immersion) but I like where things are headed.

How's the zombie hit detection now?Before the fix i had to swing the axe 3-4 times at them before the hits were registered.

Its been fine for me, i just axed 10 or so.

I played only 15-20 minutes with hotfix. I fought 15 zombies in Gorka, when I saw first one doing Terminator 2 sprint I screemed like a little girl. Only one made me bleed, but I have isses when reloading weapons - both SKS and Magnum. I load loose rounds via inventory screen but they apear in weapon after minute or so when I hear real loading sound. Maybe this is because I had same gear since 0.32 update. Ill try to peplace them with new.

• Like 5

I played only 15-20 minutes with hotfix. I fought 15 zombies in Gorka, when I saw first one doing Terminator 2 sprint I screemed...

"Terminator 2 sprint"

LMFAO!!!! :beans:

I didn't have problems with the Zom,bies. Use an axe, no noise..will be fine...BUT climb the firestation tower and every Zed in town will see and aggro you. That's the most effed-up thing in this build right now.

Also: The hit detection is still a bit strange I guess. But on the plus side: I was attacked by a female Zed while I was upstairs in a building, damn it, I nearly shat myself...

Plus the new "sporter .22" rifle shoots peas. I could throw cotton balls at a Zed and do more damage.

Edited by Traveler

While I have to agree, more dangerous Zeds are a plus, I have to question their spawn mechanics. I watched a town for a RL half hour yesterday, and could not see a single Zeds anywhere. That is until I entered the town, then they started popping up everywhere. Why do players even cause Zeds to spawn? With that mechanic, a player can never really sneak or hide anywhere. I just wish they would spawn at random locations regardless of players actions. That would actually enable someone to "Clear" a place of Zeds, at least for a little while, so he/she could do what they came to do, whether it be to find supplies, or just get into a good position.

I honestly do not know the mechanics behind the Zeds ....   But it seems linked to players.

What I would like to see considered, is with a standard random spawn also have a Zeds spawn where a player is killed, like 10 min later ..   how awesome would that be   lol.

Thanks

While I have to agree, more dangerous Zeds are a plus, I have to question their spawn mechanics. I watched a town for a RL half hour yesterday, and could not see a single Zeds anywhere. That is until I entered the town, then they started popping up everywhere. Why do players even cause Zeds to spawn? With that mechanic, a player can never really sneak or hide anywhere. I just wish they would spawn at random locations regardless of players actions. That would actually enable someone to "Clear" a place of Zeds, at least for a little while, so he/she could do what they came to do, whether it be to find supplies, or just get into a good position.

I honestly do not know the mechanics behind the Zeds ....   But it seems linked to players.

What I would like to see considered, is with a standard random spawn also have a Zeds spawn where a player is killed, like 10 min later ..   how awesome would that be   lol.

Thanks

It is just in for testing. I wouldn't expect it to be like this either.

Please please PLEASE stop doing the stupid Usain Bolt zombies! I hated the movies, and hate them now, zeds shouldnt run! If they do, its not zeds but that stupid newage shit that came with 28 days later etc etc... The speed before the hotfix was fine. Just fix the damn ghosting/wallhacking and suddenly appearing from thin air 1 meter next to you. Loved it that they follow you up stairs now, HATE it that they just run through walls like they were made in Japan.

My wishlist would be;

- Slower zombies

- Stronger zeds

- Zeds living under the same gravity laws as the rest of us (Yes, I see the double standard there XD) No more wallhacks etc...

- Groupspawns, I´d love to see bands of 10-20 zeds just roaming around.

As fast as the zeds are now, and with the op eaglyeye and superman hearing, this and the spawning, spawning is fun, if it occurs atleast away from sight, not right next to you.

Zombie spawning shouldn't be caused by players even for testing.  He originally said he wanted them to all spawn over the map at once, not be spawned by players.  It should be that way, and it should stay that way.

Please please PLEASE stop doing the stupid Usain Bolt zombies! I hated the movies, and hate them now, zeds shouldnt run! If they do, its not zeds but that stupid newage shit that came with 28 days later etc etc... The speed before the hotfix was fine. Just fix the damn ghosting/wallhacking and suddenly appearing from thin air 1 meter next to you. Loved it that they follow you up stairs now, HATE it that they just run through walls like they were made in Japan.

My wishlist would be;

- Slower zombies

- Stronger zeds

- Zeds living under the same gravity laws as the rest of us (Yes, I see the double standard there XD) No more wallhacks etc...

As fast as the zeds are now, and with the op eaglyeye and superman hearing, this and the spawning, spawning is fun, if it occurs atleast away from sight, not right next to you.

Completely agree.

• Like 1

So much fun with the latest build. :thumbsup:

Sun is going down. You think you can shoot one zombie and run to the forest to eat and catch a breath. Think again. 20 closest zeds are after you. And they will follow you to the forest. :D

Once the zeds start to follow natural laws at urban areas too it will be fun to be at big cities aswell. At the moment fighting (no gun) against zombie at indoors is a lottery. You might hit it... or you dont.

Performance is good atm. Fast response doing stuff.

My wishlist would be;

- Slower zombies

- Stronger zeds

common misconception a lot of people seem to have.

there are no zombies.

they are infected.

they are not dead.

the Z in dayZ stands for Zero, not Zombie.

• Like 4

My wishlist would be;

- Slower zombies

- Stronger zeds

1st post - rant about how infected shouldn't run. Well they're not zombies, they are infected people. Period. It's been like that since day 1 of the mod, probably cause they used Arma 2 engine and soldier's AI for them. Guess what? Soldiers run and zig-zag. And for the standalone they didn't make a new engine, they've just modded the Arma 2 engine. So you'll have to learn to live with that.

There are major problems with them, sure. But this is alpha, and as we've seen - they are constantly being worked on. They'll stop running through walls, they won't spawn on top of you, and they'll probably spawn in hordes. Wait for it like everyone else is. They have to make sure each implementation works.

Now, as long as we're on the subject. Does anyone know why they still are running through walls? I never stumbled upon explanation of the devs why this is happening and if they'll be able to fix it soon-ish?

Mate, there's a whole explanation literally two topics below this one

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177199-experimental-branch-testing-how-to/

yea, I went through this and I was a little confused on the part where it says "go down until i find a server with a green tab"?  He's not referring to the green dot on the left side of the host name, is he?  Cuz I see a shit load of that.

Edited by twinturbonet

random question, but how do I know if I'm selecting an experimental server?  I opted for experimental and my dayz now says it.  I loaded up the game, went to the server list and waited, a whole bunch of servers came up... but I'm not sure if they will say experimental in the host name or hive name etc.  

Confusion because experimental and stable have same version atm. But I guess: private hive = exp, public hive = stable

Due to same version you can join stable server by exp. client and vice versa.

Edited by wickedwicked
  • Like 1

Confusion because experimental and stable have same version atm. But I guess: private hive = exp, public hive = stable

This made more sense, thank you.  I found 2 at the moment.  I also see that they say experimental in the host name.  Appreciate the input fellas.

yea, I went through this and I was a little confused on the part where it says "go down until i find a server with a green tab"?  He's not referring to the green dot on the left side of the host name, is he?  Cuz I see a shit load of that.

I think the green tab might be the circle, I'm not sure... anyway, server have "experimental/testing" in the name, and they are private as said above.

1st post - rant about how infected shouldn't run. Well they're not zombies, they are infected people. Period. It's been like that since day 1 of the mod, probably cause they used Arma 2 engine and soldier's AI for them. Guess what? Soldiers run and zig-zag. And for the standalone they didn't make a new engine, they've just modded the Arma 2 engine. So you'll have to learn to live with that.

There are major problems with them, sure. But this is alpha, and as we've seen - they are constantly being worked on. They'll stop running through walls, they won't spawn on top of you, and they'll probably spawn in hordes. Wait for it like everyone else is. They have to make sure each implementation works.

Now, as long as we're on the subject. Does anyone know why they still are running through walls? I never stumbled upon explanation of the devs why this is happening and if they'll be able to fix it soon-ish?

Dude, I wasnt QQing. So stop beeing a dick about it. I didn´t play your beloved Dayz mod, I played the standalone, and from what I could tell even from looking around Dayz mod forums people tend to see it as zombies... So yea, I can easily see why people tend to see them as zombies and not infected. But instead of telling people the "facts" with an attitude like a rhino. Why not try to be alittle helpful. I bloody KNOW its an alpha, but if you bothered to read what I said -Quote; (My wishlist). Youd get that I just said my thoughts about the game. Id love it if you could guide me to some site or wikipage or even a forumsection here that can give me more insight about the games "story".

All in all, thanks for your post and oppinion. Hope this ends in another Dayz correction of facts happy camper, so the bandits get another bambi in there to shoot at.

Dude, I wasnt QQing. So stop beeing a dick about it. I didn´t play your beloved Dayz mod, I played the standalone, and from what I could tell even from looking around Dayz mod forums people tend to see it as zombies... So yea, I can easily see why people tend to see them as zombies and not infected. But instead of telling people the "facts" with an attitude like a rhino. Why not try to be alittle helpful. I bloody KNOW its an alpha, but if you bothered to read what I said -Quote; (My wishlist). Youd get that I just said my thoughts about the game. Id love it if you could guide me to some site or wikipage or even a forumsection here that can give me more insight about the games "story".

All in all, thanks for your post and oppinion. Hope this ends in another Dayz correction of facts happy camper, so the bandits get another bambi in there to shoot at.

If you think that explaining why "zombies" are infected and not undead, and why they'll never be what you wish them to be is QQing or not being helpful (I don't understand the rhino remark, they are helpful creatures, firemen of the wildlife), I can't help you further. Engine and AI can't support stereotypical slow-walking zombies that corner you and eat your face, that's all there is to it. And you've said "hate" or "stupid" more than a couple of times in your first post ever, I don't know what kind of response you expected.

And there's no "story". You're a survivor who didn't get infected, living in an ex-Soviet country Chernarus. You alone make your own story from that point onwards.

If you think that explaining why "zombies" are infected and not undead, and why they'll never be what you wish them to be is QQing or not being helpful (I don't understand the rhino remark, they are helpful creatures, firemen of the wildlife), I can't help you further. Engine and AI can't support stereotypical slow-walking zombies that corner you and eat your face, that's all there is to it. And you've said "hate" or "stupid" more than a couple of times in your first post ever, I don't know what kind of response you expected.

And there's no "story". You're a survivor who didn't get infected, living in an ex-Soviet country Chernarus. You alone make your own story from that point onwards

Well, you act kinda like a stereotypical fanboy to the Dayz mod. Where can I find the "Story" you imply? How can you finish of with "You alone make your own story from that point onwards" and tell me there not zombies but infected... What is the scientific term of a zombie? Does it matter what we call them? I still dont like "yes, your right there, hate was alittle strong, sorry" it from movies tvshows or games when infected/zombies/undead get involved and they run like there late for work after you. Sure thing, keep the roadrunner team on the zeds, just don´t let them have superpowers, like 20/20 vision, ultrasonic hearing and abilities that would make the T-1000 jealous. And yes... I K N O W its a bloody alpha, but you do know that the devs WANT our oppinions right? This is mine. 

Had my first play of the new build and I like the new zombie speed.  I am much more cautious around them.  I've also found I can still sneak around some in towns.  In fields, well... I do my best, but they do see quite a distance, but they're easily dispatched with an axe.  They definitely are a bit more frightening.

The only thing that bothers me is that they seem to be able to hit you at times from a good distance away.  This was also an issue with the mod, but it had to be that way otherwise, they'd never hit you because they couldn't move and hit at the same time - and I thought the zeds in SA were different from those in the mod in this regard.

I managed to work my way through a small town without alerting any zeds... also made it through the NEAF without alerting them.  Waiting to see how it is in other places.

Another thing I noticed in this build... the green on the axe, the SKS and the sporter is a lighter color than it is on the Mosin - even though it's the same can.  I hope they can make the green for these weapons the same color it is for the Mosin... it looks really weird as is.  Would also love a camo variant of the sporter.

Edited by entspeak

Well, you act kinda like a stereotypical fanboy to the Dayz mod. Where can I find the "Story" you imply? How can you finish of with "You alone make your own story from that point onwards" and tell me there not zombies but infected... What is the scientific term of a zombie? Does it matter what we call them? I still dont like "yes, your right there, hate was alittle strong, sorry" it from movies tvshows or games when infected/zombies/undead get involved and they run like there late for work after you. Sure thing, keep the roadrunner team on the zeds, just don´t let them have superpowers, like 20/20 vision, ultrasonic hearing and abilities that would make the T-1000 jealous. And yes... I K N O W its a bloody alpha, but you do know that the devs WANT our oppinions right? This is mine. 

I make my suggestions in the "Suggestions" subforum, for starters. I'm hardly a fanboy to the mod for understanding the restricitons that are present in the engine and the AI. Why you can't grasp that thought is beyond me. I can tell you that *they're not zombies but infected, cause I stated that you are a survivor who didn't get infected. And yes, devs want our opinion, and you're entitled to yours. But I've told you why there are still major problems. If you still fail to see why that is, I can't help you further. In a nutshell, the infected will be bugged for quite some time, and I really think the devs don't actually need about a thousand posts telling them that they are clipping through the walls and that it's a bug, cause they probably know that they are clipping through the walls and that it is indeed a bug. Same goes for their vision, hearing and superpowers. It needs to get fixed, it will get fixed, but it doesn't need to be pointed out that much cause doing that won't speed up the process. Sorry.

For the scientific term of a zombie, I could try and tell you why I think the infected should actually be better/stronger/faster than us, and why it would actually be a plausible scenario and somewhat realistic state of infected people, but I see that you've decided to counter me on everything, and honestly, you're starting to annoy me a bit and I honestly like the most of this community, so I'm gonna keep it that way.

So, after playing for a solid 6 hours ( on 3 different servers, because of restarts ), here's my log :)

- Zombies, LOVE THEM. I love how they spawn when you're shooting one and their speed is amazing. I've nearly soiled my pants several times ( which is a good thing :D )

- New food, new weapons, new hats, all the new goodies basically, great!

- Game seemed to run a lot better, until the last hour of playing, where I kept rubberbanding, while sprinting. ( double tap ) Normal running was fine

- Police stations ( new ones ) and medical centers are a great addition. Especially since the zombies hurt again, and make you bleed :)

What I did notice though, the night servers, were in fact daylight ( all 3 of them ) - tested with 2 friends, who confirmed the time was 22.00 ( or later ), and the sun was hurting my and their eyes

So, after playing for a solid 6 hours ( on 3 different servers, because of restarts ), here's my log :)

- Zombies, LOVE THEM. I love how they spawn when you're shooting one and their speed is amazing. I've nearly soiled my pants several times ( which is a good thing :D )

- New food, new weapons, new hats, all the new goodies basically, great!

- Game seemed to run a lot better, until the last hour of playing, where I kept rubberbanding, while sprinting. ( double tap ) Normal running was fine

- Police stations ( new ones ) and medical centers are a great addition. Especially since the zombies hurt again, and make you bleed :)

What I did notice though, the night servers, were in fact daylight ( all 3 of them ) - tested with 2 friends, who confirmed the time was 22.00 ( or later ), and the sun was hurting my and their eyes

It's funny, I never had any issues at all until the yesterday's hotfix. After it I had one case of rubberbanding, but that was it so far. I've had some problems with hotkeys before, but not anymore though. And about the daylight, I've had the opposite "problem" after the Wednesday update, 3 or 4 servers were night when the time was 14:00 to 17:30 on all.