Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

All I have to say is I am very disappointed... I check back daily hoping to see if there is an update worth checking out, but I have yet to see one in over 2 months.

What the hell is going on over there? Didn't you just almost double your development team?! GRRR!!!

Do something! You guys have made almost $55,000,000 off sales and the game has made VERY MINIMAL progress since release.

this i can relate to. i feel the same

i DONT say the devs take too much breaks and are lazy. but the development of the standalone is far too slow. everyone knows that. even random youtube comments. you see frankieonpcin1080p vids where he plays mods of the dayz mod around two years ago and almost everything that the devs want to implement into the standalone is already functional, in the mods

i say they should consider selling this project to a larger developer/publisher. i wont mind paying $30+ for future dlcs. at least let me play the game i wanted to play when i bought it one month ago

• Like 8

yeh, devs also should stop having a private life and such, it's simple overrated and obstructively programming a game like dayz. you really think dayzTEAM is smitten when hicks and hall "take a break/doin other biz", do you? hahaha

i like elektro and kami spawns got removed, yeeheeaw

Wait !!! seriously no more Elektro and Kambi spawns?

Please tell me your trolling, that would suck serious balls!!!

Wait !!! seriously no more Elektro and Kambi spawns?

Please tell me your trolling, that would suck serious balls!!!

srmHOOh.png

srmHOOh.png

Im guessing that this means that Berezino will become the new Deathmatch in place of Elektro, such a shame as i am a fan of the Elektro Deathmatch!!!

Im guessing that this means that Berezino will become the new Deathmatch in place of Elektro, such a shame as i am a fan of the Elektro Deathmatch!!!

I'm afraid you may be right, such a shame I hate deathmatch anywhere on a survival game.

• Like 1

I'd like to see spawning happen around the entire map like to the far north-west, west, north, etc. 

• Like 5

I'd like to see spawning happen around the entire map like to the far north-west, west, north, etc. 

Yes, and maybe this would be what could get people to use all of the map, rather than just running to 1 city all the time for a deathmatch!!!

• Like 2

Is that hard to open a new thread with the current build version? There isn't even a thread dedicate to the current stable...

This type of arranging thing looks unprofessional to me, people doesn't understand what's going on, where's the change logs, what's the "correct" thread to post and ask question... i can't believe the dev team (or anyone else) doesn't have 30 seconds to arrange the things better than it is currently.

It's a complete mess, is that hard to understand?

• Like 11

Is that hard to open a new thread with the current build version? There isn't even a thread dedicate to the current stable...

This type of arranging thing looks unprofessional to me, people doesn't understand what's going on, where's the change logs, what's the "correct" thread to post and ask question... i can't believe the dev team (or anyone else) doesn't have 30 seconds to arrange the things better than it is currently.

I agree. The way they have the patch notes arranged is terrible.

• Like 5

i DONT say the devs take too much breaks and are lazy. but the development of the standalone is far too slow. everyone knows that. even random youtube comments. you see frankieonpcin1080p vids where he plays mods of the dayz mod around two years ago and almost everything that the devs want to implement into the standalone is already functional, in the mods

i say they should consider selling this project to a larger developer/publisher. i wont mind paying $30+ for future dlcs. at least let me play the game i wanted to play when i bought it one month ago

True that ... Bragging about bigger team ... but we still w8 2 -3 months for MINOR updates ! Just being realistic ...

Edited by TheMolotovSoup
  • Like 3

Oh man, you are about to rustle some jimmies. Prepare for the shitstorm.

• Like 1

1 # There is a Troubleshooting Forum section for trouble.

2# The site that you use is infested with a well known Virus.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/180472-virus-alert-new-playermalware/

Do not post Videos using that site on our Forums until further notice.

I was under the impression that this tread is supposed to be an alive document about the .042 update and following adjustments. As I had a regression with a problem that previously did not exist and I could even say when the problem occured, I thought the post would be useful. This complete thread is so filled up with troubles all the people had, I really don't see what makes my post different, but I'm still new here.

Now that is disappointing. I found the link to the upload provider in this very forum. There was another thread, but it only talked about images. The thread was closed and had only one link to the other thread explaining how to embed images. Now i cannot find it any more, but unless someone has deleted/hidden it, there is still a thread here somewhere showing the provider I used. The provider should probaby be hidden there, too. I just really don't find it now...

Now the only reason for us to use the forum is to check twitter messages?

Lol.. I think the team needs some professional management! It seams the more people they add to the project, the more the features, info and updates go in different directions...

They need to aim for a complete game, brake it into milestones and get a grip on the bugs. There are bugs that has been there since before the beginning of time! Like the random zombie sounds..

It was said by Hall that this would be fixed before alpha was released. It is still there only now, it isn't mentioned in the know bug.. its most likely forgotten in the sea of new ideas and other bugs.. i bet it wasn't even noted on a peace of paper...

Management, milestones and deadlines! That's what the team needs.. I don't think a 100 people more would do any good, in fact, I think it would only mess things op even more, heck, now the news are at random locations, as if they forgot where to put them! At the moment the forum seems to have been forgotten and suddenly the DevBlogwhich had been dead for 5 months or so, had all the news.. Now its twitter, and tomorrow its facebook..

Edited by Pandusen
  • Like 5

you purchased a game in a pre-alpha state that has only been available for what?... about 4 months? and you got it a month ago? based on your obvious extensive knowledge, along with such viable sources such as random youtube videos and frankie you have come to the conclusion that the dev progress is slow? how many hours do you have in on the Mod? i love the Mod, but the SA experience is superior in my opinion, based solely on my time spent playing both. Maybe you'd like EA to pick up this title...they would just say its finished while laughing in your face. as far as you getting to play the game "you wanted to play" i think through multiple warnings they told you what game you were going to get to play, when it works and however it works at that particular point in time. unless you haven't read those warnings every time the game is started because your mom has to log you in...stop with the entitled attitude and have some patience for fucks sake.

True that ... Bragging about bigger team ... but we still w8 2 -3 months for MINOR updates ! Just being realistic ...

true dat bro...braggin all on that big team that was just hired a few weeks ago and has probably just settled in, trying to adapt to the project, coming up to speed with things...this isn't your job, they arent making sandwiches. so if you've w8'd 2-3 months for a minor update, what game have you been playing?  and if the last update to stable was minor, exactly what do you think they should have had ready for a game that wont hit beta until 2015? you are not being realistic, you are being arrogant and ignorant...

exactly when did the last update deploy anyway, asshats?

i would give you both your money back, me personally, if only there were a way to guarantee neither of you would ever be able to play the game again or post in this forum.  

Edited by thznutz
  • Like 3

Lol.. I think the team needs some professional management! It seams the more people they add to the project, the more the features, info and updates go in different directions...

They need to aim for a complete game, brake it into milestones and get a grip on the bugs. There are bugs that has been there since before the beginning of time! Like the random zombie sounds..

It was said by Hall that this would be fixed before alpha was released. It is still there only now, it isn't mentioned in the know bug.. its most likely forgotten in the sea of new ideas and other bugs.. i bet it wasn't even noted on a peace of paper...

Management, milestones and deadlines! That's what the team needs.. I don't think a 100 people more would do any good, in fact, I think it would only mess things op even more, heck, now the news are at random locations, as if they forgot where to put them! At the moment the forum seems to have been forgotten and suddenly the DevBlogwhich had been dead for 5 months or so, had all the news.. Now its twitter, and tomorrow its facebook..

Honestly, facebook would amke it so much easier. i would find out everything quick as a jiffy. BUT....

i agree, they need management. i like the sponteneity where they decide, hell. we wanting crossbows and work on those etc, but there needs to be minor management. i want the game to be done right and take their time, but they need to have teeny tiny goals to work for.

Honestly, facebook would amke it so much easier. i would find out everything quick as a jiffy. BUT....

i agree, they need management. i like the sponteneity where they decide, hell. we wanting crossbows and work on those etc, but there needs to be minor management. i want the game to be done right and take their time, but they need to have teeny tiny goals to work for.

You should watch the roadmap from rezzed. Rocket said they have set up achievable goals for each quarter.

You should watch the roadmap from rezzed. Rocket said they have set up achievable goals for each quarter.

For some reason, the way the progress has gone so far through the mod and standalone I doubt to believe this.

• Like 3

For some reason, the way the progress has gone so far through the mod and standalone I doubt to believe this.

well they have only just advised their goals through the road map so can you really comment on what goals they had or were meeting up till now.

communication is the one area to be managed better.

I agree. The way they have the patch notes arranged is terrible.

THis seem like an obvious. never got why there is not a new one. one for exp ,another for stable. 

@almost Page100

• Like 1