Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I wouldn't stop playing because of that, someone's gonna find a way of dealing with them sooner or later until they're fixed.

The only thing you can do right now is playing naked with a backpack. I don't want to do that.

The only thing you can do right now is playing naked with a backpack. I don't want to do that.

Thats how I play RL

• Like 1

had it been a game that has only recieved a mere million in revenue with a strapped for cash team i would accept it. However, how much money has this game made already... going on 40 million now?. 

Yes. This team has 40 million just sitting there. Very accurate estimate.

Make sure you download DayZ Commander if you haven't already. Easy to use, and you can download all the mods, directly from it, not just the original mod.

Yea, figured that out last week after sometime.

On a side note here, after playing a while now whit the new supermutants, im starting to really like it, if you are careful, plan your route and always be on your guard, fireaxe ready, it can be done. Also it seems to spawn zombies at random, been on several places now where not a single zed have been spotted. But also, entering towns and seen a horde of 6-10 zeds rushing at me... Just stock up on bandages!

But the best thing was, I meet 2 other players. They saw me at a distance, came running to me yelling *help* and wanted to team up to find loot, food badages and, if time alowed, some guns. I saw teamwork with strangers... Strangers!! They didnt want to kill me!  :)

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new here. After playing DayZ for more than 50 hours, i stopped. That was about 3 weeks ago. The problem was that I could not really go into PvP without getting cerebral bleeding. I was one of the guys that had MAJOR trouble with horizontal mouse movements. And yes, there are those that will say "you are doing it wrong" here, if you are one of them, please ignore my existance in this forum as well as the existance of my posts. Turning sideways was sometimes just way slower than at other times and the maximum turing speed was highly limited. The only thing I could have done was trying my luck at sniping from far, far away, but having to react in a timely fashion was problematic. So I stopped after exploration and hiding from everyone got boring.

I don't think it's in the changelog, but Dean wrote on twitter that some mouse acceleration stuff was changed and what can I say. I can now do a 360 in under 5 seconds. I can also move the mouse and the result on screen is what I actually expected. So YIPIIIEEE!!! Others with the same / similar problem(s) should try and see if it's better, Dean also wrote that they "have decided to redo mouse control from scratch as a high priority", so it will change again.

To the polarizing topic of zeds. Hm. I was just trying to off 5 of them with my machete. I always try to aim for the head, I got one onehit, but the others took so long I think pure classic Tyson style might be the better option. Zeds are generally not very responsive. If you sprint towards them and hit them, they will go where you were for another few seconds and then slowly reorientate. So that's a way to kill them without getting hit. The main problem I have with zeds is the fact that one of them sees you and 5 others come from all over the world to join in the fun. I don't fear them, I fear the other players that will shoot me while I am trying to off the zeds :). I don't consider them a threat unless you are a bambi that is not energized and hydrated. And getting energized and hydrated is currently a question of when the server last restarted, so I guess we will see.

I'm mainly just happy that I can turn and aim now in the case of hostile player encounters, but everyone I met ever since was yelling at me to not shoot or just taking off in a dead sprint...almost like they somehow know, my mouse is working now :). I guess I'm the only one who hasn't tried to kill someone ingame after more than 60 hours.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

So here are my results after playing Hardcore after the hotfix in stable.

Negative aspects:

1. Zombies see you from to far away (my opinion).

2. I don't recognized that they respawn near me. 

3. Biggest Problem is that what my OP said, if one of them see you it's like five others come to join the fun. (to use his words :P)

Now to the positve aspects:

1. Mouse movement was fixed perfectly for me.

2. Game runs smooth without Lag/desyn

All in all, im Happy that playing is now possible, as well pvp seems to be nearly impossible atm cuz the zombies will always show the other players your position.

Time to be friendly till the next patch :P

And btw, i found this here:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983221153/screenshots/

does anyone know if there is already something ingame what I can cook? :P

Tryed bananas,oranges and rotten tomato.

Edited by BaseLine^

Why? After arround 200 hrs of Looting, Killing, Running, Hiding, Sniping and Dying its boring to play anymore. I know the map already from the Mod and i'am not going to visit new towns, because i dont get the point of adding new Towns/Cities before adding REAL Major Features like Tents, Deers (and maybe Cars)...

Sry but I think there went too much wrong in the Development. What did they done in all the time since 2012? Adding new Clothes? Building the NSA-behavior Tracker? X-BOX/PS4 Versions?

None of the Engine Problems where fixed. No thats not all  - they produce more Enigne Problems...

I think the devs are very motivated and really want to build a cool, stable game - but its still feeling like a Mod...

i mean because now "at least" there are zombies that can add more "action" to this game in particular, i know that theyre kinda adding innecesary stuff instead of more features but i really like this game and im glad every time they add any kind of crap, of course i would appreciate a better and more inmersive features but im patient and i can wait, i only dislike when things like connection issues or something related arent fixed in time 

The zombies will be going through walls for some time... it's a slow fix as they have to path for every building.  The only building that was made to work well with the zeds at release was the hospital... others have been updated since, I think, but not nearly all of them.

As for how to deal with them with melee, anything less than an axe will only piss them off.  You may get lucky with a one shot to the head, but mostly, you will knock them down - which will give you a chance to run, to be sure.  I started off as a new spawn today in Bere and managed to get to the NEAF after searching through the lower part of Bere and Khelm without a weapon... well, I found a machete... so, yeah, a good can opener. I navigate around zeds and I go slowly... and, yes, I play on high pop servers... but I also play hardcore and I don't sprint around town like a nutcase, so I don't get spotted easily by other players.  I went through the lumber mill without alerting any of the 5 zeds there, the lower section of Bere and aggro'd one, but lost it and went through Khelm and the NEAF with not so much as a chase.  So many people simply sprint everywhere and wonder why they are chased by a ton of zeds... that's why... you run, you make more noise.  You go by windows standing straight up, they will see you.

This is not to say I never aggro zeds; but it's usually in an open field... and they see me from a distance, so I lose them easily.  As for killing them, the best way is to charge them and swing... if you don't have the timing right, they go by you and you get a little distance and charge them again.

Is anyone else experiencing desync issues on stable? It could easily be my connection right now, but I was wondering how things have been going for others on stable.

Been running around the map some hours now, and one thing strikes me. Was in Gorka, tons of zeds. Went to Novy/Stary Sobor, found 4 zeds, no new respawns at all... Now just past in the military base there to the west of Stary sobor and havent seen a single zombie in there. Even fired some shots with a 1911 I finally found a clip for there, and still no zombies spawned. Seems to be some kind of generation of the spawnings maybe?

Oh, I cant be sure, but seemed to me that all places visited was untouched, militarybase was atleast. Lots of loot, and no zombies?

Sobor I can confirm it respawn but not in town. At the outskirt near to the building with the high funnel. I was there a few hours back saw this one zombie near the black barn or something, shoot it with my M4 and then all hell break loose, every single zombie I bring down another one just pop out and chase me.

Is anyone else experiencing desync issues on stable? It could easily be my connection right now, but I was wondering how things have been going for others on stable.

Yeap experience this a few hours back. Im connecting at Singapore server.

Edited by mareak

Played on Stable Regular now. Everything run smoth.

But sometimes there is rubberbanding. (2-5sec teleporting back.)

Also Zombies sometimes hit me 1 time, and I start bleeding. But my Stuff is still pristine as it was before ^^

All in all. Finally playable on regular too.

• Like 2

I looked back through a few pages, and didn't find what I was looking for..

Was the hotfix patch that was put in place in the experimental build, put on the stable build as well yet? Been away for the whole day and working on catching back up.. lol.

Edit: Just saw the info I was looking for in the dev tracker. :)

Thanks!

Edited by Antykain
  • Like 1

Played on Stable Regular now. Everything run smoth.

But sometimes there is rubberbanding. (2-5sec teleporting back.)

Also Zombies sometimes hit me 1 time, and I start bleeding. But my Stuff is still pristine as it was before ^^

All in all. Finally playable on regular too.

There is some potential rubber banding being cause by sprinting with a 2 handed weapon.

see tweet;

HPRP05Y.jpg

• Like 2

First post on this forum :)

The latest patch seems to have fixed most of the connection issues, including session lost, rubberbanding, lag and desync. So thanks for that, devs!

But ever since 0.42 I'm having pretty bad fps in cities. Outside I still have solid 50-60 fps, but as soon as I go near or into a city like Elektro or Cherno it goes down to ~20 fps. Anyone else noticed that? Is it maybe related to the new lighting (darker clouds, sun colouring everything in red) that's been used since 0.42?

I have a pretty good PC (i5 4670k, Geforce GTX 760, 8 GB RAM) that could run DayZ Standalone without any major problems on high settings, so I guess these issues must be somehow related to the recent patches.

There is some potential rubber banding being cause by sprinting with a 2 handed weapon.

see tweet;

HPRP05Y.jpg

Thanks for the info. Got my beans! ;)

The latest patch seems to have fixed most of the connection issues, including session lost, rubberbanding, lag and desync. So thanks for that, devs!

But ever since 0.42 I'm having pretty bad fps in cities. Outside I still have solid 50-60 fps, but as soon as I go near or into a city like Elektro or Cherno it goes down to ~20 fps. Anyone else noticed that? Is it maybe related to the new lighting (darker clouds, sun colouring everything in red) that's been used since 0.42?

I have a pretty good PC (i5 4670k, Geforce GTX 760, 8 GB RAM) that could run DayZ Standalone without any major problems on high settings, so I guess these issues must be somehow related to the recent patches.

Outside cities im at 80+.

Inside cities im at 40++

Maybe try this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216291078#-1

I looked back through a few pages, and didn't find what I was looking for..

Was the hotfix patch that was put in place in the experimental build, put on the stable build as well yet? Been away for the whole day and working on catching back up.. lol.

Edit: Just saw the info I was looking for in the dev tracker. :)

Thanks!

Yes, they're all up to date. I'm running on Experimental and all servers are available for me to play.

The sun doesn't make everything red for me....?

Hi does any one running a server now how to do this?

"Servers now support accelerated time as a configurable option. This results in faster day/night cycle. "

Welcome to the Forums.

There has always been a serious drop in FPS when looking at or in the big towns.

I am concerned that things have degraded since the last update, my FPS are pretty much the same (derp !) but it feels like there is more stuttering.

This could be on my end (graphic driver or other) so until now I have not said anything because a lot of people are reporting better performance.

I may roll back the Nvidia driver just to see if there is a difference.

I wish I could say the same about stable FPS. Unfortunately I keep getting pretty severe drops down to ~15, especially in towns. 

(I had stable fps of ~40 before 0.42/43 even in towns)

I also noticed severe rubberbanding which almost got me killed twice because of the new zombie mechanics...

On top of that, the rubberbanding seems to increase until the session is lost ^^ 

Altogether it has gotten pretty much unplayable for me... guess I'm gonna have to wait for another patch/hotfix. 

Edited by Gontner

My god, the new zombie speeds is probably one of the worst attempts at improving the game that they've introduced in a patch to date. As if it wasn't already hard enough to avoid the zombies running through walls and hitting you from a distance because of server desync, now I can't even run faster than them! They are buggier than ever! I love being hit while running 10 feet in front of them at my fastest pace. Please stop implementing these worthless attempts at hiding how buggy your server sync and AI logic really is - just fix the actual core issues with the networking and Ai instead of trying to band-aid them with stupid game-altering experiments like these.

Edited by treminaor
  • Like 1

Post feedback about Z's here please,,,

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181561-post-patch-zombie-feedback/

We are watching and waiting for feedback.

Collision is another subject/problem that is being worked on and should not be part of the feedback given in this case.

Thanks.

When will the dev begin to solve the collision problem? Can you simply explain why it is that hard to prevent zombies from going through the walls? Why it rarely should be a problem of other games?

It's funny, I was running the game fine, then the hot fix hit and now I get authentication timeouts about 1/2 the servers I've tried to log into.

Outside cities im at 80+.

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at it.

The sun doesn't make everything red for me....?

For the last couple of days the weather conditions seemed to have changed. The whole scenery got either a red'ish or green'ish touch. That's how it looked like:

jOSvCu7.jpg

oiqksvS.jpg

Welcome to the Forums.

There has always been a serious drop in FPS when looking at or in the big towns.

I am concerned that things have degraded since the last update, my FPS are pretty much the same (derp !) but it feels like there is more stuttering.

This could be on my end (graphic driver or other) so until now I have not said anything because a lot of people are reporting better performance.

I may roll back the Nvidia driver just to see if there is a difference.

Thank you.

Maybe it's coincidence but ever since the update to 0.42 the weather conditions seemed to have changed no matter on what server I played (see above pictures). Now when I played today the weather was clear again and the fps were back to normal. So I'm getting the impression that the lighting/weather seems to have a major impact on performance. At least for me.

Edited by Dopefish