rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Right because the community should be barred from imputing any criticism becuase the Devs play the game and they know everything.

The community needs to stop complaining about problems the Developers are already fully aware of, that's all I'm saying. Like rubberband lag and Zombies that walk through walls. Those people are acting like the devs are robots who have no mind of their own and will sit in off mode unless you yell at them. That annoys me, they are working hard every day on this game, so many people think nothing is happening just because they can't see it happening.

->Stop wasting time on anything night time, because no one will play during nighttime because you just increase the gamma, making it all look green grey and visible. So we dont need more fancy shader work for that. Unless you get nighttime to be equally dark for everyone (splinter cell black list has it) you might as well code out any daytime change.

->Game needs more PVE stuff that works. Zombies, Actual survival that matters. My character does not care about being wet, ridled with cholera because it will likely die sneaking into an airfield building to find a gun. Average survival time: Time it takes to run to an airfield from spawn.

The point is this. Dayz is not YOUR game. You have no right to say they should drop the night mechanics, (I play on night server, i don't turn gamma on, i use head \ pistol torch and by doing so i died less then 10 times by being shot, but a significant time by zombies & hunger 'cuase i didn't see them (zombies) or skipped some edible loot that where actually there, so i really fancy night-time sessions) this is Rocket's \ B I game, so they do what they want. Having spent € 22,00 does not give you any right on saying what they have to drop and what not. It' their game, you play it their way.

What you can do, instead, is giving Feedback. We are developing a bad habit of believing that by spending money in a game we are somewhat legitimated to pretend that thing'd be done in our way of thinking. 

Beside of that, Battlefield 4 is real CRAP (and this is coming by a person who has something like 500h on Battlefield 2 and 130h on Battlefield 3, not count Bad Company 2, so i believe I know what I'm talking about), it costs you € 60,00 / 70,00 and UP TO DAY is still NOT in a very good shape, so please, have a look in you dictionary and look again what REALLY means the words "solid work production".

The community needs to stop complaining about problems the Developers are already fully aware of,

No, they don't. If the community stays vocal about issues, the devs won't prioritize crap like spray painting fire axes.

• Like 1

No, they don't. If the community stays vocal about issues, the devs won't prioritize crap like spray painting fire axes.

That's exactly what you don't seem to understand, or know. 

Bullshits like this (cause it is true, it's a bullshit) really take just 1 (one) person, also very little time. So implementing this little shitty things does not, in any way, interfere with the way bigger thing that needs a thing called "time" to be done (in-game physic and all that it follows it's development), but in the same time gives devs who are assigned to manage those little task to advance with the "To-do-list".

Do you really believe it take a whole developers team to do such a basic thing? Come on. You're smarter than this.

• Like 2

The community needs to stop complaining about problems the Developers are already fully aware of, that's all I'm saying. Like rubberband lag and Zombies that walk through walls. Those people are acting like the devs are robots who have no mind of their own and will sit in off mode unless you yell at them. That annoys me, they are working hard every day on this game, so many people think nothing is happening just because they can't see it happening.

That was the whole point about the communication posts in here ......  we don't know what the Devs know about, or are working on because they don't post it HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (their official forums)

Edited by just4me
  • Like 3

That "crap" isn't being worked on by the guys who can fix desync, fps lag, zombie path finding, ect ect. They have groups or departments who work on only specific things. Would you lime the modeling team to stop work until the programmers solve all their issues?

• Like 1

Tut tut.. You cant say anything bad about DayZ, don't you know that already? too many die hard fans that just don't look at negatives with a product, they prefer to see the few positives and believe that one day everything will be hunkey dorey.. what they don't realize is their constant, "Love it", "Awesome", "Game is perfect" "Great job Devs" and who call "Alpha" constantly when someone disagrees or has a problem with something DayZ related, is actually harmful.

I get it when someone has an aimless rant on the forums calling Dean Hall a dick.. or DayZ a complete fail, something along those lines, but to keep defending a broken game.. it's just silly. To those guilty of telling it like it is, do just that, but be truthful and constructive when doing so. To those who disagree with such posts, even though its sometimes hard to read your favourite game being critiqued every day, it will actually help it get better.

There is a LOT wrong with game, there is no denying that.. hopefully with everyones help, even the negativity will help the game become what we all want it to become, what we can see evolving over time.. the true DayZ experience that we all want to have and be a part of.

So, is it fine to say.. stand on an assembly line to watch your car getting built and bitch about the tires not being on it yet? If people want to help, they'd do it the correct way by filing a bug report here:  http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

Edited by erocker
  • Like 4

That "crap" isn't being worked on by the guys who can fix desync, fps lag, zombie path finding, ect ect. They have groups or departments who work on only specific things. Would you lime the modeling team to stop work until the programmers solve all their issues?

The only people complaining are the people that are

A ) Trying to troll

And/Or

B ) Don't know the slightest thing about game development

Really, no point in entertaining the whiners.

Edited by t1337Dude

Having spent € 22,00 does not give you any right on saying what they have to drop and what not. It' their game, you play it their way.

He bought the game, so it's also his game. He has the right to tell what he thinks about the game as everyone else. If he isn't satisfied with the game, it's his right to tell how he feels. NuckFuts is right when he says that writing only positive comments is stupid and harmful. However criticizing the way the game developers work even though you don't have a clue about what's really happening inside Bohemia's headquarters is as much stupid.

Edited by Karakoz

I can't wait for a year from now when many of the people who say "Relax it's early Alpha" finally realize that their hopes and dreams are misguided.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.  I really enjoy the game and would like to see it succeed, but I am getting a strong feeling that we are all going to be disappointed. 

So you are looking forward to people having their hopes and dreams crushed? That's kinda sick.........

Actually its the masochistic alpha fanbois ("We are unworthy!") that damage the game because all they do is clog up topics where people complain about things they dont like with "How dare you!" or "you entitled *expletive", making it harder for the developers to see what players do not like so they can take in that feedback.

So if I or someone else complains about the last patch having none of the fancy stuff they advertise in videos and we get hated on for actually wanting stuff that matters instead of 5 firemodes for defibrillators which no one needs because every shootout ends with a deadly gunshot wound that kills instantly, we get hated on for being unthankful because we dont accept the "gift privilege" of playing the early access alpha. And the same fanbois encourage the developers with limitless praise no matter how much delay happens on features that matter (anything that adds something to the game that changes it from a pure deathmatch box).

So here is my entitled complain worth 22€

->Add more zombies and drop everything else. I dont need the 2 zombies per town to perfectly navigate each fence, I rather have 50 zombies that warp through these fences because then the game has actual zombie threat in a supposed zombie game.

->Stop wasting time on anything night time, because no one will play during nighttime because you just increase the gamma, making it all look green grey and visible. So we dont need more fancy shader work for that. Unless you get nighttime to be equally dark for everyone (splinter cell black list has it) you might as well code out any daytime change.

->Game needs more PVE stuff that works. Zombies, Actual survival that matters. My character does not care about being wet, ridled with cholera because it will likely die sneaking into an airfield building to find a gun. Average survival time: Time it takes to run to an airfield from spawn.

Also fanbois are giving developers too much slack on basically anything. They delay stuff for weeks and fanbois praise it with "take your time" while at the same time dragging in some hyperbole comparision to any ACTIVISION or EA title which are solid working products even on release day with a few tiny bugs that get blown out of proportion.

Dear Devs,

Please fix all bugs and implement all my favorite features on Monday.

Thank you

• Like 1

Well, I called it. The "its only an alpha" sayers defending the slowed progress of this project. Clearly giving the devs blind praise,reviews and support hasn't encouraged them to get with the program as the only thing the game has going for it is it's good word of mouth. If the game wasn't named "DayZ" it would have been long defunct. The game still doesn't spawn more than a handful of zombies that can walk into walls, the only changes to the map are modded in towns, a feature that could already be achieved with the mod, No vesicles, something that isn't expected for a very long time. Its time for the user-base to speak out about their displeasure instead of posting generic "great job" messages and hoping that this game will shape up.

What exactly is your frame of reference for determining that there is "slowed progress" on the project? Is it only the frequency of updates that you are using to judge? Have you ever developed a game before. Do you know precisely what the various employees of BI do everyday? Seems to me it's a total fallacy to assume that update speed must equal progress.

Is there any way this releases for stable in the near future? ^^

Gotta give rocket and theyr team props for pulling off this scam. They made nice bank.

I have to say it's interesting that it's only a "scam" or "greed" when it's someone else making the money. After all, I'm not greedy, it's only the other fella who's greedy.  ;)

I have to say it's interesting that it's only a "scam" or "greed" when it's someone else making the money. After all, I'm not greedy, it's only the other fella who's greedy.  ;)

Its even funnier when you realize the money doesn't go to the dev's or to rocket. It all goes to Bohemia.

• Like 1

That was the whole point about the communication posts in here ......  we don't know what the Devs know about, or are working on because they don't post it HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (their official forums)

I would suggest checking out http://feedback.dayzgame.com/plugin.php?page=Vote/list_bugs

These are the most discussed issues. If you would search for all issues that have been "acknowledged" you would get a list of issues that are actively being fixed.

• Like 5

Well, dean already got a large sum of money when selling the game to bohemia in the first place. 

There really is no excuse for the game to be progressing as slow as it is now. Bohemia has always been greedy and cheap in their development, and they haven't even expanded the staff of programmers for the game. Seems to still be the modders like dean who are working on the game. 

I'm just hoping a respectable company will develop a game in this genre soon with the realism dayz is 'trying' to achieve. 

Edited by Andromeda

Well, dean already got a large sum of money when selling the game to bohemia in the first place. 

There really is no excuse for the game to be progressing as slow as it is now. Bohemia has always been greedy and cheap in their development, and they haven't even expanded the staff of programmers for the game. Seems to still be the modders like dean who are working on the game. 

I'm just hoping a respectable company will develop a game in this genre soon with the realism dayz is 'trying' to achieve. 

No More Room In Hell’s Kitchen: DayZ Team Doubles

tumblr_inline_n2hvmghIIa1s7babi.gif

Edited by basinox
  • Like 1

Well you might be right, but I don't recall reading "Update every Week" whilst buying the Alpha. 

Now, speking in general:

You know, being an Alpha Tester, a Beta tester OR both, has ALWAYS been like this. By ages. The point is, recent game "development" have brought us to think it differently, in the worse case. Alpha & Beta phases are expected to last 1, at maximus 2 months, and that's the most wrong thing to do. Nowadays Alpha and Beta phases are seen like a way to let people buy games earlier. 

Like Battlefield's "BUY THE GAME NOW TO ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE(!!! OMG !!!) BETA AND "PLAY"* EARLY." - 

* = get a game still full of bugs, buy all the DLC's and PREMIUM PACKAGES while we try to solve this mess in the meantime."

Yeah that's how they scum you. They make you feel special, and you give them your money earlier. And you know what? They've already won. People have gotten accostumed to this marketing mechanics. 

Well guess what? DayZ's ALPHA is a REAL ALPHA. They don't make you feel special. They put a FUCKING GIANT SIGN on steam, basically saying this: "We are DAMN far away from the game to be released, we're in deep shit and we cannot afford this project to fail, so please help us buying the game and stick with us in the process. Mind tho that, as we are BLATANTLY saying, the game actually SUCKS, it's full of horrific bugs, lack of content, and it'll take a huge load of time before you can ride your frigging car, smashing zombies and shooting from the windscreens." Didn't see ANYBODY else do this. If isn't this honesty...

What people read of this? "Yayyyyy i can shoot people in da face from atop the Elektro TEC building while pissing on the zombies head, and pretend updates every 10 days 'cos I've spent my money on this."

You want this, you want that, you want more guns, you want Vehicles, you want permastorage. Yeah that's OK! And that's what we'll get. But honestly, this are all BETA things. ALPHA things should be still more core system things. (Or did you honestly believed that the release was after the end of the ALPHA phase? Neener neener neener, there's BETA! Deal with it!) 

Alpha phase should be meant to test things that are NOT fun to play. Stability and such. But hey, my 8th model of Assault Rifle is more important, right? 'Cos I have to look cool while killing players, 'cos I'm a tough guy!

[sarcasm mode: OFF]

Having sold all this much just in ALPHA phase is the real CANCER to this game. We players are the Cancer, and we don't even realize it. We want things, we want it FAST, we have forgot what it means to WAIT. So we ask for vehicles 'cos we want to have fun, we don't want to test games. We don't have the time, right? "Why they lose time making hats, WHERE'S MY TENT?!?!?!"

Well guess what, tents, like vehicles, barricades, and such other things need a thing called "Physich". That's what they're focusing their effort on, that's why we still don't see the result of this work. 

Putting models of clothes in the game is a thing that a SINGLE guy can do. Building a Physic engine from scratch is NONE. 

You guys must learn to take a few step back and take a larger look at the picture. Just cos something has priority, doesn't mean it will be the first thing to see birth while making a game. 

So to cut it shortly, what I'm trying to say is: Don't fucking take part, WORSE BUY a game that is in it's ALPHA state if you can't bear to have patience, or can't even bear to risk seeing the whole project undergo heavy postponement or even failing. That's just how things go. There are thousands of zombie-slaughter based-games out there you can play, so if you have or want to SPEND your time on this game, do it by supporting it instead of pointing your Nutella's wrapped finger screaming "Breaking Point is much better than this" or "RUST destroys the shit out of DayZ" or even "They scammed us they just wanted our money". You're the DUMBFUCK who clicked "buy" on Steam, nobody forced you to do it. It's nobody's fault that you couldn't wait, in a sea swarmed by zombie games like nowadays. 

Lastly, i beg you all my pardon if my English is not top notch, for it I'm just a poor guy from Italy who is self taught regarding the English language. 

Well said.

• Like 1

There really is no excuse for the game to be progressing as slow as it is now. Bohemia has always been greedy and cheap in their development, and they haven't even expanded the staff of programmers for the game. 

How do you know it is progressing slow?

Also, please define "greed" for me.

How many people does the team have at the moment? Last time I remember reading a comment regarding that Rocket said they'd employ more people after alpha release.

I think that he said up to 20-30 people. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it seems the contrary has happenend. And now recently Rocket wrote that the team would be doubled.

Double what? The 5 developers who really work on DayZ or the alleged 20 people? Could well be I missed something they uttered on one of the too many communication channels they are using.

If their intention was to be to confuse us they couldn't do a better job. And then the missed deadlines for patches they announced without any info until the deadline is reached. Perhaps this a result of exactly that communication disaster, because apparently they can't even keep track themselves of what they said.

The problem for me is not that development can be slowish, but it doesn't seem they want to finalize the game anytime soon...if at all?

Bohemia doesn't seem to take it seriously, otherwise they'd invest in a devteam with appropriate headcount that can deliver so we finally get what we actually payed for.

I haven't played in four weeks and I would really love to, but the stable version hasn't been updated in a over a month and the experimental is so buggy it's unplayable.

Meanwhile the amount of people actively playing has decreased by 25% in a MONTH which is a devastating trend if it continues...I'm really curious where this is going. And we are still waiting for the roadmap they announced months ago and for the most basic and annoying bugs to be fixed. I for one would be happy to see the random sounds not being triggered all the time. How hard can it be to fix something like that for a 20 people team?

Oh that graph:

l4zFafj.png

Edited by Grabarz
  • Like 5

I think its okay to bash the game and the devs isn't that why there's a forum? also and by the same token the fanbois have every right to say their part as well (im more a fanboi then anything in all honesty) - I also would like to see things progress faster but hey things take the time they take, if you think complaining about it here helps have at it I say! but I do see some serious anger here that seems abit over the top, take a break already youre not helping yourself or anyone else - besides a break will only make coming back to play once they figure it out all the sweeter 8)

• Like 1

I for one would be happy to see the random sounds not being triggered all the time. How hard can it be to fix something like that for a 20 people team?

Yeah I agree with you here.

The stupid sounds are dawn annoying, especially that seagull that sounds like a zombie right behind you. Or this sound as if someone was climbing over a gate or fence while you are in the middle of some forest.

For the moment would be complety sufficient to replace the soundfiles with "empty" files, e.g. playing a couple seconds of silence instead of the sounds. Can be done in under 10 minutes.