rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

yeah I just got booted from a US server and then none showed up in the list - maybe they are looking for our characters... one can only hope

I just tried to log in on an experimental server to see if my character would reset, and sure enough it did. I got the red message saying a sysadmin had been contacted and all that, and that I should reconnect to continue.

Tried it out for an hours time now, there's constant rubberbanding and everyone's been reset apparently.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238172284

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238175093

Taking out my big jar of patience and digging in...

Edited by Sinnaman

Too lazy to  check myself so, can soemone confirm or deny if the wall glitching and .pbo exploiting fix on experimental or do you can still glitch and exploit .pbo files?

Too lazy to  check myself so, can soemone confirm or deny if the wall glitching and .pbo exploiting fix on experimental or do you can still glitch and exploit .pbo files?

wasn't the .pbo thingy fixed patches ago (signature check)?

glitchin should have been fixed with .37, at least i can confirm it wasn't possible to glitch under the hangars anymore, also it didn't worked FOR ME (maybe it did something wrong) to jump into hidden jailroom.

peace, over and out

Edited by Guest

Tried it out for an hours time now, there's constant rubberbanding and everyone's been reset apparently.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238172284

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238175093

Taking out my big jar of patience and digging in...

Yeah, I was rubberbanding like nothing I've seen before, but then after a while it stopped as far as I could tell.

glitchin should have been fixed with .37, at least i can confirm it wasn't possible to glitch under the hangars anymore, also it didn't worked FOR ME (maybe it did something wrong) to jump into hidden jailroom.

peace, over and out

Quite sure glitchting into/through Buildings/Walls still works on 0.37

Don't know if its working on 0.42 but I guess with all the lags its happening a lot even unintentionally.

It was fixed but new method of exploiting it was invented. Lot's of "instuctional" yutube videos about it (and it works, bypass battleeye .pbo check).

It was fixed but new method of exploiting it was invented. Lot's of "instuctional" yutube videos about it (and it works, bypass battleeye .pbo check).

Can you PM me the new method, I know some servers wern't doing the pbo check for a while after it was "fixed" but got their asses kicked, if there is another method then I will pass it on,

• Like 9

Caveat_emptor anyone?

Its apparent (and unnerving) that entitlements have ruined a generation...

• Like 2

noone cares we already play operation breaking point =D 100x better 

286773d1379373180-looking-pictures-green

• Like 8

About 1,6 million DayZ copies sold. Breaking Point has what... about 50 players.

Yea DayZ is doomed. :D And no. It's not better. It gets boring very fast.

Exper... servers back yet?

286773d1379373180-looking-pictures-green

a little of both methinks, personally I care. I can't justify the expense of a game as expensive as arma 3 just to play a mod. the biggest question, however, if he's so big on breaking point why is he here trash talkin?

oh look, see it is both.

• Like 1

Ahh boo... No DayZ all weekend?  :(

...What's that you say? play stable... um

No thanks, I think I'll just wait for experimental to come back up.

:)

• Like 1

upstart2010 .....  that is one VERY CREEPY icon    O.O

So no experimental this weekend? :(

Then why are you here?

Pretty pathetic how slow updates are being pushed out. Kinda saw this coming anyways, it is Bohemia after all. 

All the money should go to Czechoslovak peasants, because without them there would be no Dayz.

Edited by Karakoz

All the money should go to Czechoslovak peasants, because without them there would be no Dayz.

Why? ... I mean what? :huh:  What have Czechoslovak peasants to do with that. And yeah the Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore...or did they rebuilt the Country while the whole world was focused on the Ukraine?

• Like 1

Yeah i am also a programmer... they didn't develop the original arma 2 engine either Object Oriented or Multi threading.... Thats the reason of a lot the problems...

Please tell me you understand the reason for this cause i don't

I can't speak for Bohemia, but the following observation matches my own experiences in game development, more often than not:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/seismic-john-carmack-officially-leaves-id-software/comment-page-1/#comment-1391815

<jalf> Really, most “games programming” is really little more than “programming, but where the lessons of the past 25 years are ignored”.

Nevertheless, while some folks have asserted that Dean should have started over with a different engine (and/or with Arma3) to make DayZ SA, that was never a realistic option given the original December 2012 release goal of repackaging the mod as a stand-alone Steam title with a few fixes.

From that point forward, the scope of what was being attempted for DayZ SA became a moving target. But taking that into account, the technology decisions made by the DayZ dev team at each step along the way have seemed sensible (i.e. strategically incremental) considering the goals and constraints they have been operating under at each point the decisions were made.

• Like 5

As a slovak i found it strange that i didnt heard about reforging of czechoslovakia, but i better go outside and hoist a czechoslovak federation flag from my balcony, thanks for info

• Like 4

Why? ... I mean what? :huh:  What have Czechoslovak peasants to do with that. And yeah the Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore...or did they rebuilt the Country while the whole world was focused on the Ukraine?

Well Czechoslovakia existed for 74 years, Succesor states only exist for 22 years. Old habits die slow.

Lot of people dont know that Burma is called Myanmar for last 25 years