rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

No, they dont have an obligation to post anything, just as we don't have an obligation to post at the feedback tracker. But this alpha testing works both ways. If devs post where issues are, and what they're doing to fix it, and what their ETA is for fixes, then I ( for one ) can help out the people posting bugs on feedback tracker with this knowledge.. Its WIN-WIN if they do post what they're working on

How does an ETA for fixes help you report issues?  If a fix is in the changelog when the patch is released, and you are still experiencing that issue, you can report it as a conintuing issue.  Until then, an ETA does absolutely nothing.  You want to help people out by giving them an ETA that have already been announced?  How is that necessary enough to warrant them announcing ETA's?

You simply want an inside look at development that goes far beyond what this is supposed to be.  They aren't obligated to give it to you, nor does it really help them to give it to you... it's completely one-sided: you get to know something.  And, frankly, giving you an ETA or letting you know how they're going about fixing a bug shouldn't be a priority.

*snip* The fact that they do more than that is a bonus.

It's called efficiency... that's all we're talking about. If they don't... fine. But then they'll continue getting assclowns that will ask "what/who/when/where/why" even though the info is located in a 95 page thread someplace. :) No need to be project negativity on someone that just wants to see some efficiency.

You simply want an inside look at development that goes far beyond what this is supposed to be.  They aren't obligated to give it to you, nor does it really help them to give it to you... it's completely one-sided: you get to know something.  And, frankly, giving you an ETA or letting you know how they're going about fixing a bug shouldn't be a priority.

And now you're just reading someone's mind... you're amazing. Just FYI, he isn't demanding anything. He's making suggestions and giving feedback. Might want to step back a bit and take a breather.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

It's called efficiency... that's all we're talking about. If they don't... fine. But then they'll continue getting assclowns that will ask "what/who/when/where/why" even though the info is located in a 95 page thread someplace. :) No need to be project negativity on someone that just wants to see some efficiency.

How is it more efficient to spend time giving ETA's or communicate more often and more consistently with the community about how progress is going on a particular issue - especially when it's clear the community takes any tidbit as an excuse to bug for more?  It's actually less efficient and a complete waste of time.  The more and earlier information given, the more likely it is to change before it can be implemented, the more likely there will be a storm of people complaining that they were lied to.  So, it doesn't help efficiency and it only makes matters worse in the end.  How is that not apparent to anyone who reads reddit, the steam discussions or these forums?

People ask for an inch and then expect a mile.

Efficiency would be to release a patch with a changelog, players report issues on that patch to the bug tracker, devs look to the bug tracker for issues that need to be fixed... rinse, repeat.  That would be efficient.  Anything more than that is, inherently, inefficient and is done because the devs choose to share more than they have to.

Edited by entspeak

OMG, you're still here???

You can keep asking the same questions, but differently formulated, and you will still get the same answers...

The fact that you ( or any of us ) dont see any changes to zombies, or whatever, does not mean they're not working on it..

Also, optimization does not, and will not happen until beta. If you want an optimized game, I will repeat what I said in an earlier reply to you, and thats go play BF4, and wait til this game is end of beta, or fully released, because alpha is clearly not for you

I most certainly am still here. And I have every right to, so stop being a dickhead or ignore me.

Pfft.

There is a lot of dialog from the Dev's, you just need to look...and read !

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

Fortune_Finder

Stop arguing and insulting, you are off-topic.

Pfft... *grumble, grumble*... I got your "pfft" right *grumble, grumble*. *kicks the dirt*... Tell me to *grumble, grumble*, I'll tell you *grumble, grumble*.

;)

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

Efficiency would be to release a patch with a changelog, players report issues on that patch to the bug tracker, devs look to the bug tracker for issues that need to be fixed... rinse, repeat.  That would be efficient.  Anything more than that is, inherently, inefficient and is done because the devs choose to share more than they have to.

I don't disagree with you there... but...

If the dev team has enough time to post all kinds of details on twittereddit and also has enough time to answer inane questions, or even respond to inappropriate posts such as "is it ready? is it ready? is it ready? is it ready?" then they have enough time to actually make relevant, current and concise posts on their official forum.

As it is... it is neglected and some people use it as their primary source of information about DayZ.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 5

You've not read what we were talking about then. The issue is that the dev tracker has a lot of irrelevant information that isn't concise. I'd like you to look through the dev tracker and find each point about the current build, what the issue is with the current build, and what they're doing to fix it.

You'll be spending some time to dig for the info in just the dev tracker. That alone should be an indicator it's useless.

Read this and I think you'll understand better...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177017-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-042116002/page-93#entry1851647

It is playable but desync and rubber banding sucks and joining servers does not work properly (living in Germany, so i get pings around 50ms on German servers but I can't join one because of "wait for host" freeze --> playing on finnish or swedish servers works..)

The "biggest" change is the new melee system, which is kind of ... better ... or just... different:

Did I say it's playable?

Today I was only able to join to an US Server with a 80 ms ping and then....

I found mosin ammo, sks + ammo, a BANANA + ORANGE ...

Suddenly I'm dead... I was even healthy and didn't see or hear anything, I was just standing on the 1.floor of the firehouse in Krasnostav.

can you cancel those stupid experimental servers?

i really don't see the point of it."stable"build has tons of bugs,why call it stable?

Because when you bought the program it made you accept a statement that this was an alpha state game. So, it's a stable alpha build... the game starts up... does it not? If not, direct your attention to the feedback tracker and post your issues there. :)

Suddenly I'm dead... I was even healthy and didn't see or hear anything, I was just standing on the 1.floor of the firehouse in Krasnostav.

Hmmm... imagine that. Odd things happening in an alpha build...

Just the other day I was on top of the con tower at the NEAF, found a badly damaged battery on the roof of the tower, and drug it onto my weapon flashlight in my backpack. The game didn't seem to know what to do for a few secs and then it said "You are dead."

It was an empty server btw and I checked the player list right before I did that. :) Sucks... but that's alpha for you. :)

Wait... what? There's a firehouse in Krasno???? Experimental build?

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

Because when you bought the program it made you accept a statement that this was an alpha state game. So, it's a stable alpha build... the game starts up... does it not? If not, direct your attention to the feedback tracker and post your issues there. :)

Hmmm... imagine that. Odd things happening in an alpha build...

Just the other day I was on top of the con tower at the NEAF, found a badly damaged battery on the roof of the tower, and drug it onto my weapon flashlight in my backpack. The game didn't seem to know what to do for a few secs and then it said "You are dead."

It was an empty server btw and I checked the player list right before I did that. :) Sucks... but that's alpha for you. :)

Wait... what? There's a firehouse in Krasno???? Experimental build?

Totally agree but it's very demotivational....

And yeah there is one.

Wanna have a tip?

Krasno is THE SHIT in exp., as I sayd it today there were a sks + mosin + mosin  ammo just in the firehouse. And there is also a new med. house and a supermarket...

Edited by warriortyr

Did I say it's playable?

Yeah, happend to me and a friend too. I'm pretty sure it's because of that badass desync - server thinks you're still running, you are falling down the tower, server says "woah, he's dead" and you get the information "woah, you're dead". Anyone else can confirm that?

Pfft.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

Sorry Boneboys, but I understand for you ( as forum administrator ) it should be easy enough to filter these 95 pages on what I have been writing ( as well as Sniperdoc ), and see what this discussion is about.

Even though I appreciate every single post made by the devs, and the effort that is being put into developing the game, and everything thats being done to fix bugs / roll out patches to experimental and stable servers, this discussion is about how ( not the amount of information given ) information is shared with the community.

I have been defending my point of view for the last several pages in this thread, yet its falling on deaf ears ( or ignorance from some forum members ). I'm not asking to be kept fully in the loop on everything thats going on. I'm not demanding anything, or feel entitled to anything because I paid for an early alpha release ( as someone suggested I was ).

I'm merely suggesting a change on how the information that IS shared, to be more uniform and in a single, easy to read/understandable, format, here on the forums. This suggestion is to PREVENT threads like these to overflow with the same questions that are asked every other page, because people dont want to go through a 95page thread, or a Devtracker that just shows tweets from individuals working at Bohemia..

This is also my last post in this thread with this suggestion, I think I can't be any more clear about my point of view. Do with it what you want, I'm sick of some individuals here attacking me personally, on something I suggest, which I think would benefit everyone who cares about what is going on with the game, but dont have time to search/read through several sources. You ( devs/moderators/admins etc ) can make it so much simpler, yet you dont. If you dont care about ( even if its a small portion ) your community, why do I even bother...?

• Like 4

Would be nice when items are added to the changelog list, they were suffixed with either the date, version number or both. This would allow us to identify the recent changes quickly.

• Like 4

Would be nice when items are added to the changelog list, they were suffixed with either the date, version number or both. This would allow us to identify the recent changes quickly.

Yes, but that would be efficient...

• Like 1

About the Patchlog/DevStatememts

How about this:

We have one Thread with the Patchlog. The patchlog starts with a version change and the fixes they've made.
Every time they add something, they add it to the bottom , separated by one blank line. Starting from the second post, all statements (twitter/reddit/forum/devblog) relevant to this patchlog are quoted/integrated. This thread should be closed for users. Some active moderators would be necessary

Then there should be a second Thread which has the exact same firstpost as the first one but will let everyone else post in it.

I bet this would solve many communication problems...

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 3

About the Patchlog/DevStatememts

How about this:

We have one Thread with the Patchlog. The patchlog starts with a version change and the fixes they've made.

Every time they add something, they add it to the bottom , separated by one blank line. Starting from the second post, all statements (twitter/reddit/forum/devblog) relevant to this patchlog are quoted/integrated. This thread should be closed for users. Some active moderators would be necessary

Then there should be a second Thread which has the exact same firstpost as the first one but will let everyone else post in it.

I bet this would solve many communication problems...

Yes, something like that would work...

• Like 1

Sorry Boneboys, but I understand for you ( as forum administrator ) it should be easy enough to filter these 95 pages on what I have been writing ( as well as Sniperdoc ), and see what this discussion is about.

Even though I appreciate every single post made by the devs, and the effort that is being put into developing the game, and everything thats being done to fix bugs / roll out patches to experimental and stable servers, this discussion is about how ( not the amount of information given ) information is shared with the community.

I have been defending my point of view for the last several pages in this thread, yet its falling on deaf ears ( or ignorance from some forum members ). I'm not asking to be kept fully in the loop on everything thats going on. I'm not demanding anything, or feel entitled to anything because I paid for an early alpha release ( as someone suggested I was ).

I'm merely suggesting a change on how the information that IS shared, to be more uniform and in a single, easy to read/understandable, format, here on the forums. This suggestion is to PREVENT threads like these to overflow with the same questions that are asked every other page, because people dont want to go through a 95page thread, or a Devtracker that just shows tweets from individuals working at Bohemia..

This is also my last post in this thread with this suggestion, I think I can't be any more clear about my point of view. Do with it what you want, I'm sick of some individuals here attacking me personally, on something I suggest, which I think would benefit everyone who cares about what is going on with the game, but dont have time to search/read through several sources. You ( devs/moderators/admins etc ) can make it so much simpler, yet you dont. If you dont care about ( even if its a small portion ) your community, why do I even bother...?

I kind of agree, that way, if they shared the information Clearer, they would not waste more time to explain their information over and over again on multiple sites.

BUT, to me, it works as it is, yet i understand many people's confusion and anger :)

And honestly... it just looks bad. Information is shared via twittereddit, but not on the official forums in a concise and non-buried format? Last patch is a great example. One update to the .37 thread, heading changed, no notification of what was added in .42, it was just lumped in with .37. There was a problem introduced in .42 (blocking bug) and the only update that was given was on twittereddit? I mean... out of all places, you would figure the devs would post that in the changelog thread... but it was posted on page upteen in the changelog thread, by a user that happened to be reading twittereddit and it was then subsequently buried by inane comments about how there was no patch on the maintenance day... I mean seriously?

How does that give anyone an easy way to see what is going on? I don't think anyone is asking for a dev blog like so many indie developers are doing to keep their alpha users in the loop... hell, even Creative Assembly did dev blogs, but really, they were just doing it for marketing reasons. like they were really connecting with their users or gave a shit?

Here's my previous suggestion, just so you don't have dig through the last 95 pages for it...
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177017-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-042116002/page-93#entry1851722

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 1

i agree it would be nice to get more info/updates on the official forum, rather than every social media site i dont wanna join.

I'm so moist, my body is totally wet.

They should call this the rain beta.

• Like 1

There is also a search function that you can use...

Why don't you give it a whirl and tell me what keywords you had to use to find the posts that had the right information. :)

I'm saying... a clear... concise... current... and easy to find location. Hell... really? They could just put that in the changelog OP... but they don't even do that! It's seriously not that hard. Especially if they have time to answer all kinds of inane comments on redditwitter... I mean, look at the devtracker... it's jam-packed full of nonsense that really is irrelevant. That is the issue... communication that soon becomes buried communication.

• Like 1