rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

It would probably be that the meshes weren't able to have that particular rigging applied without warping the textures so the compositors probably kept sending it back.

If a team can't create a rig with textures correctly weight painted and rigged well enough for simple animation then there really is no hope. From looking at what animation is already in i very much doubt its a texture issue.

Who needs more then 10? Its just because Rocket said so (150 is the target, maybe even more), and i fear they cant hold their promises. ;(

+ imho the more people the more fun. ;)

Do the self test on a packed server, gather about 10-15 people with full gear, let them drop everything in a quite little area and see things go to hell! xD

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/138121-bikeman-june-2013-interviewlivestream-with-rocket/

/edit typo, link provided

It is shit like this that makes me so leery about this game now. There was a time where I would tell everyone I knew to get DayZ, now I don't. Even though they did have that huge delay in development for a year, and I understand that they redid the whole thing, they really just dumped the whole project? What about all the ideas they had, all of the flowcharts, etc they had for developing their ideas? I assume that is part of what goes into the length between packages. Seeing how this last patch was so disappointing, how bad was the build back in December of 2012 if THIS patch was acceptable to be released. Realistically this game has been in development well before December of 2012, while they had to trash a ton of stuff they should have still known where they wanted to go with things and how to accomplish them.

GIVE THEM TIME ITS AN ALPHA GO GET AN IQ TEST YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GAME DEVELOPMENT WORKS YOU KIDS ARE IGNORANT.

Hype train has really derailed for me, I hope DayZ is as great as it can be.

I personally don't need 100 or more players running around  mainly doing nothing else than shooting each other....For me encreasing the number of players should be one of the last things to be implemented.There is absolutely no sense in having more than 40 players on a server as long as there are no proper number of zeds..and by proper number I mean masses, no animals, vehicles and features as persistent items and base building..I see DayZ still as a zombie survival game in which player interaction should be the icing on the cake....sadly for most people it is just another clan shooter including survival aspects and a few zombies. Having 100 or more players on a server will make this even worse....

but that's just me :-)

• Like 7

Axed from the DayZ Wikipedia article:

"The development has been focused on altering the engine to suit the game's needs"

Edited by Strawman

Yesterday me and a squad member ran through the black forest from Polana towards Gorka and we had the most horrific experiance so far in DayZ! Running from Polana to Gorka through the Black Forest we thought we saw a player run in the woods ahead of us. We flanked to check it out. It wasn't a player... It was the first of around 50 zombies hiding in the woods. We tried to outrun them but as we continued we heard even more zeds. We had run straight into a horde?! Around 40-50 zeds after us and about the same amount ahead of us we paniced and started shooting them one after another. Running out of ammo because of the insane amount of zeds chasing us and bleeding wounds we had to retreat and find shelter. Sadly we didnt catch this epic moment on footage but this was the MOST adrenaline rushed gameplay I've ever experianced. Developers you have my beans!

Edit: This was on SE03 Experimental server

Edited by Lizzah
  • Like 3

Start the Exp-Servers now new or are they still online permanently?

So there's no new Loot spawning..

Sry for the Question, last Exp-Play is a long time ago :)

Yesterday me and a squad member ran through the black forest from Polana towards Gorka and we had the most horrific experiance so far in DayZ! Running from Polana to Gorka through the Black Forest we thought we saw a player run in the woods ahead of us. We flanked to check it out. It wasn't a player... It was the first of around 50 zombies hiding in the woods. We tried to outrun them but as we continued we heard even more zeds. We had run straight into a horde?! Around 40-50 zeds after us and about the same amount ahead of us we paniced and started shooting them one after another. Running out of ammo because of the insane amount of zeds chasing us and bleeding wounds we had to retreat and find shelter. Sadly we didnt catch this epic moment on footage but this was the MOST adrenaline rushed gameplay I've ever experianced. Developers you have my beans!

If that's true, it must be an error with the zeds spawn mechanic, and not something intended ;)

If that's true, it must be an error with the zeds spawn mechanic, and not something intended ;)

Imagine being in a silent forest with damp clothes looking for what you expect to be a survivor but turned up to be wave after wave with zombies. We thought it might have been some horde but I guess it's most likely a bug! :)

• Like 1

Imagine being in a silent forest with damp clothes looking for what you expect to be a survivor but turned up to be wave after wave with zombies. We thought it might have been some horde but I guess it's most likely a bug! :)

Oh man... I really hoped this would be real, then it would atleast be a little bit like a survival game.

what about loading with striper clip? does thar work?

Apparently the first spraying also caused it to become a single shot. I just didn't notice it as I had already loaded it full before painting it. I soon painted it again and noticed the problem upon trying to load it. So you only need to spray it once to break it. And I have had no chance to try stripper clips as I haven't found a single one in exp so far.............

...who needs 100 players on a server anyway ? 

tbh that was one of the big sells for me with the SA when it was first announced.

cant wait to see notes for next patch and hoepfully its soon.

Awesome! I've read similar tales from others of the infamous "Black Forest Horde". I have not experienced this firsthand :(.  If the developers could create some randomness of this event elsewhere it would be fantastic.   

• Like 1

This has been documented, but with 5 maybe 7 at most. Not whole 40 or 50.

It is true. It has been investigated and confirmed. It's the Black Forest Phenomenon, and I think it is intended.

I know what you're trying to prove here. But see, agnostic belief is the clear absence of any religion/faith (other than atheism, but I will not explain that here).

And with all due respect, dictionaries aren't very good in explaining these kind of philosophical things, because in dictionaries the explanations are very often simplified :)

Incorrect sir. Agnostic belief states this: A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Now aethism on the otherhand, is the clear disbelief or rejects the idea of a god or diety.

Anywho, back on topic. Played around with the .22 caliber weapons on the experimental build. Fun to mess around with, but the stopping power sure isn't there.. obviously. Loving my black SKS too. :)

i got a lot of desync in the Experimental, with a 50ms ping its kinda unplayeable with friends, i met 7 guys and 3 got lost because of the desync it was like i see you standing still but he wasnt there and that happened to all of us lot of times 

edit

Edited by Guest

desync is terribad on experimental at moment. that along with bad melee animation sync equals bleeding 24/7 :lol:

anyone at svet ? come see me :lol:

Day_Z_2014_03_09_19_47_33_27.jpg

• Like 1

desync is terribad on experimental at moment. that along with bad melee animation sync equals bleeding 24/7 :lol:

anyone at svet ? come see me :lol:

Day_Z_2014_03_09_19_47_33_27.jpg

Goddamn campers.

Desync and all that kind of crap is really p*ssing me off cause you can't play and test it seriously like that, should have kept experimental with 0.37. Back to Stable and hoping for Wednesday ;)

Edited by crazzekiff

Incorrect sir. Agnostic belief states this: A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Now aethism on the otherhand, is the clear disbelief or rejects the idea of a god or diety.

Anywho, back on topic. Played around with the .22 caliber weapons on the experimental build. Fun to mess around with, but the stopping power sure isn't there.. obviously. Loving my black SKS too. :)

lol you'd think I know my own belief better than others  ^_^ 

Your definition of agnosticsm fully corresponds with mine. And that just proves my point. I neither reject faith or disbelief, but there is a clear absence of religion seeming as how I do not believe in a deity the way for example Christians or Muslims do. Well, I simply don't. Because I don't know :)

Last post about this because I can imagine people to be annoyed with seeing posts about religion in a Changelog thread.

Edited by Snowball

Devs vision of Orthodox Church

YZUbcqG.jpg 

Real Orthodox Church

Christ_the_Savior_Cathedral_Moscow.jpg 

BUT IT'S AN ALPHA RIGHT??

dude, that is private chapel, so owner car prey in peace

and not all churches are same size, who heeds chatedral in town where lives 150 people?? 

Your definition of agnosticsm fully corresponds with mine. And that just proves my point. I neither reject faith or disbelief, but there is a clear absence of religion seeming as how I do not believe in a deity the way for example Christians or Muslims do. Well, I simply don't. Because I don't know :)

46174870.jpg

• Like 2

I personally would love to see the 150 man servers, when/if it happens. I'm sure when that time comes, it'll be fully customizable in the server setup & options as to how many ppl will server will hold.. server admin having that control, buying server slots as they normally work. I would imagine a 150 slot server would be pretty costly per month. lol.. so I wouldn't think there wouldnt be an over abundance of the high pop servers.. but still plenty to choose from on either end.

Would be awesome to join a full 150 person server tho.. full blown, all out chaos! Our clan I believe has plans for private and public hive servers with a mixture of low/high population to choose from. Really looking forward to the introduction of the private hives with this. ;)

Edited by Antykain

Don't see why it would be more expensive to run a 150 people server. You might fit less different gameservers on one box, but that's just a choise. But I wonder why you'd wanna play with 150 people on one server, the map isn't all that big and loote would be really scarse.