rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Hey there, ow shit yeah is that the same button i used to change too experimental ? fucking clown. yeah i'll wait till wendnesday like wednesday just gone oh wait no it was friday ? ow no wait it weasn't

huh-u-mad-bro.jpg

It's just as simple as it is, if u wanna play move to stable - if u like testing and reporting stay at experimental - no reason to flame at an unfinished product - schedule get screwed by unexpected problems during development.

It's not like hitting a magicbutton and booom everything works.

Life ain't a bowl of cherries...

huh-u-mad-bro.jpg

It's just as simple as it is, if u wanna play move to stable - if u like testing and reporting stay at experimental - no reason to flame at an unfinished product - schedule get screwed by unexpected problems during development.

It's not like hitting a magicbutton and booom everything works.

Life ain't a bowl of cherries...

WOW... you actually buy into thier bullshit, isn't the change log from 0.42 less than 0.37 just asking ?

Ellen explained that pretty well:

...it's quite simple to understand that only because we don't see much difference between 0.37 and 0.42 doesn't mean there is none.

There are most likely dozens of changes that are currently inactive because they are not finished. For example physics, hunting, cooking and persistent storage mechanics.

Its not like they'll add all of those things once they've finished them, nope. They are already in this builds but unfinished or inactive due to other problems or bugs or whatever reason there might be.

Edited by Guest

So, whats "less" there?

0.36  0.37  0.42
New:
Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects
Actions: Ballistic helmet variants can be painted to black and green color with spraycan
Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players
Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory
Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables
Actions: You can catch rain into canteen and water-bottle from inventory
Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations
Animations: New Ruger MKII Reload animations.
Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon
Animations: Completely new two-handed melee animations. New right-handed poses, moves and attacks for axes, baseball bat, pipewrench, crowbar, fire extinguisher, shovel, farming hoe. Animations: "Low" and "Aim" stances introduced for stand, crouch and prone.
Crafting: SKS paint recipe
Crafting: Firefighter Axe paint recipe
Crafting: B95 paint recipe
Environment: New rock textures
Food: Sambucus berry item added
Food: Canina berry item added
Gear: added black and UN ballistic helmet variants
Gear: Wool Coat red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: can opener can be used as melee weapon
Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks
Gear: Farming hoe configured and spawns
Gear: M4 attachment green variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of firefighter axe added
Gear: Rabbit leg, boar steak and chicken breasts added
Gear: Flat Cap red/black/brown/blue/green/grey/check variants added
Gear: Green and black variant of SKS
Gear: Green and black variant of B95
Gear: Long wooden ash stick
Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed
Graphics: Lighting from objects now is rendered during daytime also
Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly
Map: Olsha has been updated
Map: Khelm has been updated
Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created
Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created
Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map
Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo
Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions)
Spawns: Sporter 22 added to spawns
Spawns: CR75 added to spawns
Spawns: Amphibia S added to spawns
Spawns: 1911 and respective magazines and ammo (22LR and 9mm) added to spawns
Spawns: Wool Coats and Flat Caps added to spawns
Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients
Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet
Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method

Fixed:
Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function
Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food
Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved.
Actions: Crafting splint from bandages now uses whole disposable bandage and half of dressing bandage
Actions: Ruined rags/bandages and wooden sticks doesn't produce infinite splints
Actions: Clicking on Eat All action if amount of food is below 1/4 will result in playing only short eating animation
Actions: Edited player messages in force drink action and fixing broken limbs
Actions: Added collision tests for availability of prone position and vaulting
Actions: Force feed/drink doesn't use whole quantity of some food/drink items also canteen is not destroyed after action
Animations: Bandage and eating pills animation glitch fixed.
Animations: Rolling left/right while zoomed in sights makes player zoom out for the duration of the roll.
Animations: Player can now be properly knocked out while in water.
Animations: holding animations of various weapon magazines correctly linked
Animations: Evade animations in prone (Q and E) are faster now.
Gear: Added color variants of ballistic helmets into loot spawns
Gear: Purification tablets package contains ten tablets now. Cholera removing functionality added.
Gear: Even lower chance of backpacks spawning on construction sites
Graphics: SSAO in options saved
Graphics: Rain effect settings changed
Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28 bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)
Graphics: Spot light culling fixed
Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections
Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
Graphics: Rain now does not fall inside buildings for those on Lower/Disabled shadow settings
Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious
Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions
Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low
Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack
Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack)
Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance
Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly
Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage
Medical: Falling from height while sprinting did not kill player when it should have
Medical: Player could vault with broken legs
Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)
Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
Structures: Changed inheritance of barrier structures (due to errors in logs)
Structures: Items disappearing when dropped near stairs or walls
Sound: subsonic projectiles no longer emit supersonic crack
Weapons: Long-range scope reticle properly centered
Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking (stops the "helmet of armor" change)
Credits: basinox
Edited by Guest

Disappointing. I see alot of likelies and assumptions in that explanation

Edited by IBECKLEY

I suppose that getting wet has no consequences for now, right?

right, cold/hypothermia/and so on and so forth not implemented yet

Edited by Guest

So played 0.42 for a few hours last night and the biggest problem I found was the lag, players rubber banding all over the place, doors taking ages to open, items taking ages to appear in my inventory, taking ages to either equipped or unequip an item/weapon. Other than the lag I didn't really find any bugs but then I didn't  have the chance to test any new items, (full pop servers have no loot lol)

Someone actually went out their way to make that. Must be desperate.

make what?

So played 0.42 for a few hours last night and the biggest problem I found was the lag, players rubber banding all over the place, doors taking ages to open, items taking ages to appear in my inventory, taking ages to either equipped or unequip an item/weapon. Other than the lag I didn't really find any bugs but then I didn't  have the chance to test any new items, (full pop servers have no loot lol)

If they didn't changed anything, experimentals should restart in a 4-hour cycle. For UK-servers they where restarting at 18:00 servertime, but that might changed. sb. infos on that?

Edited by Guest

Couldn't be bothered to quote it

Go away.

Your input here is of no worth.

• Like 8

Ok this is frustrating, first you guys said .37 update was coming out Wednesday now it saterday and still nothing. It would be better if you didn't promos updates times that you cant make. So my question is when's the next stable branch update?

Ok this is frustrating, first you guys said .37 update was coming out Wednesday now it saterday and still nothing. It would be better if you didn't promos updates times that you cant make. So my question is when's the next stable branch update?

ETA to Stable: No current ETA, dependent on testing results

• Like 1

What do I have to do to play version 0.42 earlier? I try to connect to the servers and it tells me that I don't have the version. DayZ doesn't update itself to this version, and I can't find it for downloading. So yeah, how can I get it?

What do I have to do to play version 0.42 earlier? I try to connect to the servers and it tells me that I don't have the version. DayZ doesn't update itself to this version, and I can't find it for downloading. So yeah, how can I get it?

right click on DayZ, properties, last tab select opt for betas. (facepalm)

right click on DayZ, properties, last tab select opt for betas. (facepalm)

Thank you. That's a really great facepalm, yeah

I was getting a bit of the same. Especially with items sometimes taking a while to switch from inventory to a container or container to hands, zeds rubber banding and icons taking a while to react on doors. Not sure if it was because of a full server or it needs more optimization. 

All in all, I do like the new stuff though. Pretty cool additions.

Edited by Gekkonidae

I can confirm that Amphibia S is a shitty weapon, and that even 4 shots in a zomb won't kill it.

• Like 1

I just hope melee is fixed before this hits stable.

I can confirm that Amphibia S is a shitty weapon, and that even 4 shots in a zomb won't kill it.

Amphibia is made for hunting, i do not expect it to be a weapon for fight scenarios. Also you might have lagged / missed, also it could be a bug as you play on experimental, don't forget this is a alpha's alpha.