mattlightfoot

Hotfix changelog: Stable Branch: 0.35.115188

the only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of is for some reason I seem to have 2 characters on the hardcore shard, I dunno why..  Edit - actually the below image is my normal character, it must be just joining a server with 3p disabled rather than being a hradcore server per se..

I've joined some HC servers with my character from my regular hive..  and visa versa.  Strang, but whatever.  Sure it'll be fixed when the new stable release comes.

So quiet this week. No patch coming out?

cmon, workinweek for the devs just started before 7h - when the internalversion 0.36.115467 hits the experimental (0.36.115297) we might get a changelog and ETA for stable.

Yeah, great Idea... face protection like Paintball Mask or something like that! Would be awesome :-)

the only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of is for some reason I seem to have 2 characters on the hardcore shard, I dunno why..  Edit - actually the below image is my normal character, it must be just joining a server with 3p disabled rather than being a hradcore server per se..

and on some HC servers -

You are right, some servers are merely 'third person disabled' rather than connected to the hardcore hive. Annoying bug, but at least it doesn't do any harm to either character you have.

Ya i would love to see a change log for the next patch... been playing only on experimental due to its much improved stability and increase in performance haven't had a single issue with it that alone is strange :) 

Yeah, great Idea... face protection like Paintball Mask or something like that! Would be awesome :-)

Oculus Rift.

Could protect you against the gritty (simulated) reality and maybe, I don't know, bats or something.

• Like 2

OMG It's been nearly 20 mins since you last released an update, this pace of progress is so slow and we haven't had any word from Dean or Matt through the forum and twitter and Reddit and a video on the dev blog and directly into my inbox, you guys are making millions and nothing is happening, this is such a joke, you should be ashamed of yourselves because there should be updates and new content and vehicles and a flying pony added every ten minutes...

Nice, keep up the great work ;-)

Well it is early Alpha release still right?

It can be really really frustrating sometimes, so I do see your frustration also..

Tbh I think they push out patches more rapidly than I ever seen in any other game, so do we really have the right to complain, yet?

I am a bit curious why patching a game to often is something wrong???

We should be very pleased with this after all, and is what to be expected from an alpha release tbh.

They need to see if changes work as intended, and I cant see that as something wrong at all. What if they patched ever 3rd month and we had to play with silly bugs for that long?

For my part I see this as an opportunity to contribute with bug reports and pay for a game that one day soon will be awesome, for really good price :)

Edited by hugin_q3

there some tacticle goggles as model available, question when they get textures and into the game.

4r4I1BD.png

Well it is early Alpha release still right?

It can be really really frustrating sometimes, so I do see your frustration also..

Tbh I think they push out patches more rapidly than I ever seen in any other game, so do we really have the right to complain, yet?

I am a bit curious why patching a game to often is something wrong???

We should be very pleased with this after all, and is what to be expected from an alpha release tbh.

They need to see if changes work as intended, and I cant see that as something wrong at all. What if they patched ever 3rd month and we had to play with silly bugs for that long?

For my part I see this as an opportunity to contribute with bug reports and pay for a game that one day soon will be awesome, for really good price :)

You dont understand sarcasm do you?

I'm still having two huge issues as follows:

• I get "Authentication timeout" kicked about 80% of my attempts to log in (empty new server, stale server with plenty of existing population, doesn't matter). The worst part is it puts me on 5-minute cool down timer despite it not being my fault that I'm dropped.
  • Here are more details: if I'm going to get kicked, friends do not see me in the in-game player list nor in the "friends" column in the server lobby.
  • If I don't have them on to give me that tidbit, I also know I'm about to get this error/kick by checking my desynch upon logging in, whereupon it'll stay at 100000 and within 8-25 seconds I'm kicked for "Authentication timeout" as it were.
  • If I keep trying (after many undeserved cool down spawn timers mind you) I finally get lucky and "stick" and get to log in and stay in and play.
  • I've heard over 2-3 years of Google posts that it could be Steam related, but it's limited strictly to DayZ and started magically about 7-8 days ago out of nowhere.

• I die almost never, six* times since joining a month ago (first from starvation as a newbie, second and third from someone who I watched materialize nearby and shoot me at the main SW airbase, and times four, five, and six by glitching through walls at the shipwreck [twice] and Devil's Castle and falling outside, also a fun bug that makes me laugh and cry at the same exact time). Nonetheless, each of these six times I got "You are dead" upon trying to respawn, only to keep loading in at "You are dead" over and over, after which I'd finally try another server following 10-20 failures to respawn properly
  • At that point, I'd then get a mix for the next 30-40 login attempts of "You are dead" and "You are unconscious" with some infinite "Please wait" thrown in for good measure. The last time it happened (two days ago) I tried over 125 times to play after falling and dying (not unconscious mind you, but dead).
  • The only way I could get back into DayZ after 3-hours of this bug (again, from simply dying) was to alter my character's sex to female and save the template. I was then immediately allowed to spawn properly on the coast as a n00b and play on.
  • Also note I did log out of both DayZ and even Steam (many times) and a few times even stepped away for 30-60 minutes, and even rebooted my system, all to no avail until the character sex change and save.
  • Dying puts many of us into a completely bugged state where it can take all sorts of attempts to log in, reboot, switch servers (etc) just to get back in the game from simply dying. The death/respawn bug...is not fixed.

I'd truly like to get these two issues noted and then resolved (which many of my friends also experience, especially #2 as it seems I'm the only victim of #1 in my circle of DayZ friends). The "Authentication timeout" kick I get 70-80% of my login attempts is frustrating at this point, because if I get it after loading into the game (never lasting more than 25-seconds btw) it hits me with the 5-minute server hopping penalty. Most of the time though I get the timeout popup error message while I'm counting down on the very spawn cool down timer I reference!! Insanely frustrating :) otherwise we LOVE this game! Keep up the great work and I hope this helped. Here's more relevant info:

~22MBps connection speed with ~31ms ping (trace routes run again to confirm no major network issues betwixt me and some known DayZ server addresses)
Physically connected to my modem via router, all hardware the same and operating flawlessly since September 2011 (no other gaming or network issues, DayZ only, and no problems with DayZ of any kind until last week out of nowhere)

Edited by Katalepsis

Awesome guys. as much as i love content, fixing performance makes it worthwhile and gives the ability to enjoy the content you guys have already made- now if only i could figure out what pieces of that last update with the ruger 10/22 were implemented!

...so I try to have all my posts and issues be extremely valid and heavily detailed for fixes and not flaming manifestos predicated on common ignorance). 

Except that your post is extremely difficult to follow and filled with ramblings and items not pertinent to the issue, e.g. no one cares about "IT Professional" or "MMORPG" history.

Try bulleted layout per each issue.

Not trying to be a smartass or unfriendly... but people don't like books when doing bug squashing. AND... you may want to post these items on the feedback page, instead of this thread.

Edited by sniperdoc

Even on this 188 patch, I am still experiencing major FPS drop - primarily around cities. I'm running fraps to merely monitor my FPS and I get about 10-20 range in cities. But in the woods, I get maybe around 30-40...

Edited by Reg Park
  • Like 2

Yeah, i got major FPS drop near and in town aswell. It is not fixed but better than before.

Yeah, i got major FPS drop near and in town aswell. It is not fixed but better than before.

Its all the structures. I believe the city renders all buildings and there insides aswell, even though your not inside. 

cmon, workinweek for the devs just started before 7h - when the internalversion 0.36.115467 hits the experimental (0.36.115297) we might get a changelog and ETA for stable.

allrighty..different zone hehe..lets wait :)

They could use Umbra for occlusion culling.

Let them know this :)

Something tells me, they would say no. Too little to late. But, I'm no professional.

They could use Umbra for occlusion culling.

I think something like this is already implemented.

For example, if you're inside the construction site and look outside with 3pp, you can notice how trees and other objects you wouldn't see in 1pp disappear.

I don't know if this is tied to some specific buildings (like the construction site) or perhaps it only applies to old object placement (pre-Dayz SA).

But some sort of this tech definitely IS in the game already.