alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Uh oh... We are running low on things to add!  More suggestions please  :lol:

Reminder: I will have 3 polls for all weapon categories, the second being the new updated one with the planned final weapons for that particular category and the third will be for finalizing the votes for all the weapons, (adding all the votes of all 3 forums together for each weapon).

Ok, here is one I just thought of:

Flare Gun

More of a illumination device than a weapon, but how awesome would it be to night fight a zombie horde.

Ok, here is one I just thought of:

Flare Gun

More of a illumination device than a weapon, but how awesome would it be to night fight a zombie horde.

Could also be used to burn a hole right through players if fired directly at another person.  Since the flare ignites at about 376 degrees Fahrenheit (193 degrees Celsius), and can burn as hot as 2,900 Fahrenheit (1,600 degrees Celsius).  It would make a better suggestion over the flamethrower, atlhough if the Chernarussians did use flamethrowers against their own people in hopes to contain the infection, then i would gladly put the flamethrower up, but for right now i am going to stick with the Flare Gun. 

Rifle poll is up! Submit your votes now  B) !

• Like 1

The rifle poll will stay up until Monday 3:00pm Eastern U.S. Time!

Ok, so I did some light research (wikipedia). According to Wikipedia, from the Czech military there should be:

Pistols:

CZ 75 - 9mm pistol, made in Czech since 1975.

300px-1977_CZ-75.png

Submachine Guns:

Skorpion - Multiple variants available, including 9mm

300px-Submachine_gun_vz61.jpg

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - 9mm

250px-CZ_Scorpion_EVO_III.jpg

HK MP5 - 9m - no picture needed

Sa vz. 23 - 9mm, 7.62x25mm Tokarev - Heavily inspired the design of the Uzi

300px-Samopal_Vz_25.JPG

Shotguns:

Winchester 1200 / 1300

Assault Rifles:

vz. 58 (Looks like an AK, but it functions differently) - no picture needed

CZ 805 BREN - 5.56

300px-Cz805.png

Rifles:

Dragunov - No additional information needed

Sako TRG .260 / .308 / .300 /.338

300px-Sako_TRG-42.jpg

CZ 700 - 7.62 x 51mm

CZ 550 - resembles Mauser 98, .308

300px-CZ-550_with_Leopold_Scope_and_.375

Recoilless Rifle:

Carl Gustav 84mm recoilles rifle:

300px-Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle.jpg

Machine Guns:

Mk 48

M60

Special Note: IF you believe that the unit currently in Afganistan was recalled, you could justify the M4A3 and Glock pistol

Edited to add reference to the Czech arms manufacturer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%8Cesk%C3%A1_zbrojovka_Uhersk%C3%BD_Brod

Edited again to add the Sa vz.23

Edited by Admiral_69
  • Like 1

Ok, so I did some light research (wikipedia). According to Wikipedia, from the Czech military there should be:

Pistols:

CZ 75 - 9mm pistol, made in Czech since 1975.

300px-1977_CZ-75.png

Submachine Guns:

Skorpion - Multiple variants available, including 9mm

300px-Submachine_gun_vz61.jpg

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1 - 9mm

250px-CZ_Scorpion_EVO_III.jpg

HK MP5 - 9m - no picture needed

Shotguns:

Winchester 1200 / 1300

Assault Rifles:

vz. 58 (AK-47 Variant) - no picture needed

CZ 805 BREN - 5.56

300px-Cz805.png

Rifles:

Dragunov - No additional information needed

Sako TRG .260 / .308 / .300 /.338

300px-Sako_TRG-42.jpg

CZ 700 - 7.62 x 51mm

CZ 550 - resembles Mauser 98, .308

300px-CZ-550_with_Leopold_Scope_and_.375

Recoilless Rifle:

Carl Gustav 84mm recoilles rifle:

300px-Carl_Gustav_recoilless_rifle.jpg

Machine Guns:

Mk 48

M60

Special Note: IF you believe that the unit currently in Afganistan was recalled, you could justify the M4A3 and Glock pistol

Thank you for your suggestions.  A CZ variant handgun is already being added to Dayz Standalone.  I am mostly be in favor of adding the Skorpion VZ-61 due to its classic look, but the CZ Scorpion EVO i am not entirely sure about adding for it would not fit directly into the atmosphere of the game as much as the VZ-61 would.  The Winchester 1200 is a popular police used shotgun, but is not used by Russian nor Soviet police during the time it was used.  I doubt civilians would of owned this overseas.  I will have to read more about the CZ 805 Bren, so i will write that gun down for later. I will be adding the Vz .58 later on in the future. The Sako TRG is a rifle i currently have on my list, but i have not posted it yet.  Ah yes.. the CZ 550 classic hunting rifle from the MOD.  I would be more than happy to put that on the list.  The Carl Gustav Recoilless Rifle... funny.. i was just discussing about adding that to my list with my brother in real life lol.  As for the machine guns you listed, i plan on adding the M60 and M249 LMGs for right now.   Thanks for all of your suggestions man!  

Keep rolling in those votes!  :)

Kind of confused so far on the votes

As much as  want the M14 in the game, it's just not eastern European enough.

• Like 1

As much as want the M14 in the game, it's just not eastern European enough.

I like the gun, but if we see it in game I want it very rare, sort of like it was in the mod.

But without the farming, duping and admin/ hacker spawning.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

I like all of the weapons in the rifle poll besides the last two. I just don't like the look of the hunting rifle, and the VSS I can imagine being too overpowered/abused, unless it was super-duper-super rare

Uh oh... We are running low on things to add!  More suggestions please  :lol:

KSVK 12.7 or OSV-96

OTs-14 Groza

SV-98

Remington M40

Hi,

I don´t know guys, There will be a lot of guns in the game which  can disturb survivor style of game . Rifles, shotguns, pistols are fine but I would rather bows, crossbows, spears, which are correspond survivor game.

As much as  want the M14 in the game, it's just not eastern European enough.

The guns on this list do not all have to be Eastern European... If the United States was involved in the conflict with helping the Chernarussians combat the infection that was destroying their population, then most likely, some USMC Riflemen would of carried this overseas.

I like the gun, but if we see it in game I want it very rare, sort of like it was in the mod.

But without the farming, duping and admin/ hacker spawning.

Yes, if the devs would only place it in military bases then i would be fine with it.  The Chenarussians would of probably not had these as hunting weapons or even not have been able to buy one in a gun store.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Dunno if it's been sugested yet but i thought of this here, as a DMR with a 4x Zoom and a 10 or 20 Round Mag:

w18k.jpg

And as AK-Rifles are fairly common in Russia (they actually use them in all shapes and sizes, especially for hunting) I'd suggest they could even be found in residential areas. Of course I`d also like to see the other variants of the AK such as the Dragunov, the AK-U etc...

• Like 1

I like all of the weapons in the rifle poll besides the last two. I just don't like the look of the hunting rifle, and the VSS I can imagine being too overpowered/abused, unless it was super-duper-super rare

If you don't like the look of that particular picture than have a look at these ones:

http://vitalykuzmin.net/?q=node/448

or this one:

7a0782d3b47f2453b14987a1d9256396.jpg

I don't like the look of the IZH-43 Double Barreled shotgun we have in the game right now because the wood on it is god awfully ugly.  The Lobaev would make a fantastic addition to the game because it is a mountain hunting rifle and with the deerstands up, people would most likely find these magnificent firearms in them.

As for the VSS Vintorez comment you made, i do not see in any way how that gun could be abused.  I see you guys are voting for the Dragunov SVD, did you know that rifle could take you down in about 2 shots? Compared to a VSS Vintorez (9x39mm) which you probably find at a military base and engage your first conflict with a heavly armed individual complete with body armor.  The VSS is designed for tactical purposes, not a combat rifle like the Dragunov SVD.  Or how about the DSHK or Browning M2 Machine Gun which could rip you apart in one shot.  Have a look at the caliber comparison

9x39mm:

tumblr_lnotwicl2S1qm1o5to1_500.jpg

7.62x54mmR:

60ffab25f66715036abe44d714e00b2f.jpg

12.7x108mm (Used in the DSHK Heavy Machine Gun i just mentioned):

008.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

As you can clearly see, the 9x39mm would not be able to take down a heavly armored individual quickly like the other 2 calibers i showed you.  If it sounds like i am being hostile towards you, i am not.  I am just annoyed at the fact that people are voting against the Saiga-M Semi Automatic Rifle, basically the Russian Ruger-10/22.  It would make a ton more sense to have the Saiga Rifle in game than a Ruger 10/22 which would not even come close to as common as say a Remington 870 Shotgun or the Winchester 1895 Rifle.  Thank you for your feedback!

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Dunno if it's been sugested yet but i thought of this here, as a DMR with a 4x Zoom and a 10 or 20 Round Mag:

w18k.jpg

And as AK-Rifles are fairly common in Russia (they actually use them in all shapes and sizes, especially for hunting) I'd suggest they could even be found in residential areas. Of course I`d also like to see the other variants of the AK such as the Dragunov, the AK-U etc...

The Saiga-M Rifle is already up on the forum already, but the gun you posted looks pretty simliar, if not the Saiga-M.  I am changing the picture on the Saiga-M Semi Automatic Rifle here soon.

On the topic of the VSS I have to say, that it uses special ammo which could be quiet rare and because it is subsonic ammo its penetraton ability over range is pretty weak (I think the rifle was designed for 400m)

EDIT: Alexei was faster :)

Edited by JumpinJax

Hi,

I don´t know guys, There will be a lot of guns in the game which  can disturb survivor style of game . Rifles, shotguns, pistols are fine but I would rather bows, crossbows, spears, which are correspond survivor game.

Spears, Bows, all of those would be able to be crafted by one if crafting weapons are added to the game.  Hunting crossbows will be coming quite soon as i hear.  It would not disturb the survivor style of the game because it is following the possible story line of the outbreak and the firearms that would of probably been seen used by civilians, hunters, law enforcement, or military during and before that time.  It creates a better atmosphere to the game with a large variety of firearms that keeps the player alert at all times, knowing that the chances of them being shot by one are pretty high.

KSVK 12.7 or OSV-96

OTs-14 Groza

SV-98

Remington M40

I have the KSVK written down along with the Groza, but i am going to add the Remington M40 Sniper Rifle for sure.  It would match the story entirely if the United States was indeed involved in this conflict.  The SV-98 would make absolute perfect sense to add because of the fact that the Chernarussians would of probably used this in their specialized units, such as Spetsnaz.

The Saiga-M Rifle is already up on the forum already, but the gun you posted looks pretty simliar, if not the Saiga-M.  I am changing the picture on the Saiga-M Semi Automatic Rifle here soon.

Yeah it looks pretty similar to the Saiga but it's an Kalaschnikow as you can see because it has the vents in the handguard and the gas system that is sitting on top of the barrel is slightly longer and the front of it has more of a curve, than the Saiga