alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Forgot to check multiple choice box, should work now.  Please continue to vote!

Second vote (Should not be added) still a single choice poll. Also would like to see a Surplus .32 Service Pistol added (Walther PP, CZ70, CZ50, etc.), or a .38 Service Revolver (Colt Official Police, Smith & Wesson Model 10, etc.) just because they're all pretty common worldwide.

Edited by dvsilverwing

I plan on adding the Remington M14 Rifle, the Hecker and Koch G3 Assault Rifle, the Dragunouv SVD Sniper Rifle, and a Saiga Rifle tonight.

Second vote (Should not be added) still a single choice poll. Also would like to see a Surplus .32 Service Pistol added (Walther PP, CZ70, CZ50, etc.), or a .38 Service Revolver (Colt Official Police, Smith & Wesson Model 10, etc.) just because they're all pretty common worldwide.

My bad my bad.. i am not used to creating those types of polls and ones these large.  I apologize to everyone.

I will add one of the sidearms in the future.  It is to late to add anymore to the poll currently.  

All issues should be fixed now!

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Also, of course I wouldn't mind the Makarov PM because it's obviously common all over Eastern Europe and we all just loved it in the mod, I am sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing a CZ82 as an alternative, it's also rather fitting and a bit more modernized.

Also, of course I wouldn't mind the Makarov PM because it's obviously common all over Eastern Europe and we all just loved it in the mod, I am sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing a CZ82 as an alternative, it's also rather fitting and a bit more modernized.

The devs are already adding a CZ-75p handgun, so the chances of them adding another variant of a CZ is slim.. but hey i will still add it to our list in the future.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Hah, the M1911 sure is a popular choice lol.

More updates will come out soon

Almost got the description for the new firearms done.

Going to be pushing it to finish these weapons... i have alot of work to do tonight..

Wow... machine pistols are hated o_o

hmm.. i think i should be able to vote :rolleyes: , but ill let the community decide this one  :D

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I will not be able to update today.. studies come first.  Sorry guys

I will update our forum tomorrow alright?  Keep voting! The poll will be down on Friday (2/14/14) At 12:00pm Eastern U.S. Time.

Remember, this is the first handgun poll. If a handgun is outnumbered greatly in dislikes it will be removed if voted on in the second poll as disliked still. Results will be posted beneath each handgun

Glad to see a lot of feedback

About the TT33 only used by poor countries, and in museums.

The TT33 still is used by Police and Security guards in Russia and Eastern Europe. The round penetrates body armor that 9mm and .45 bounce off, and becuase of this may even be used by special forces. And becuase of its low magazine capacity, (Making it legal where other guns are not) and vast stockpiles of Soviet ammo, it is very popular with civilians and criminals alike, along with Makarovs (CDFs standard sidearm, BTW) and APS (with criminals). 

• Like 1

I hope we get the Makarov, Nagant, TT33 and C96 before any silly 1911 as much as I do kind of like the guns looks.

It just annoys me how its the only gun people know from the list, and therefore gets votes.

About the TT33 only used by poor countries, and in museums.

The TT33 still is used by Police and Security guards in Russia and Eastern Europe. The round penetrates body armor that 9mm and .45 bounce off, and becuase of this may even be used by special forces. And becuase of its low magazine capacity, (Making it legal where other guns are not) and vast stockpiles of Soviet ammo, it is very popular with civilians and criminals alike, along with Makarovs (CDFs standard sidearm, BTW) and APS (with criminals). 

Yes, but it is WAY less common than a Makarov PM handgun.  The TT-33 is still used, but way less than it used to be by the former Soviet Union.

The Kobalt Revolver is strangely being voted against... even though it uses the popular 9x18mm Makarov Cartridge and the Nagant M1895 uses the 7.62mm cartridge.   The Kobalt is also a hunting revolver for small game only, (obvious reasons).  Interesting

It just annoys me how its the only gun people know from the list, and therefore gets votes.

I voted for it.

Reasons: one, although not the most common it's not unreasonable.

Here are some 1911s seized in Kazahkstan, Russia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic.

%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%

%D0%98%D0%B7%D1%8A%D1%8F%D0%BB%D0%B8-%D0

thumb_news_20130805_100933_1375686573.jp

KTMVgR2.png

Two, I also remember how Chris Torchia said "we're sticking with common types used in a variety of weapons to save on spawn count". That means we will probably see more .45 weapons whether we like it or not. They may as well add the ones that are most likely, and an old 1911 (or a Turkish or Chinese clone) is better than having a MK23 or a Glock 21 or some such nonsense. Offhand I can't think of any .45 firearms that would be more appropriate.

Edited by Gews

The Kobalt Revolver is strangely being voted against... even though it uses the popular 9x18mm Makarov Cartridge and the Nagant M1895 uses the 7.62mm cartridge.   The Kobalt is also a hunting revolver for small game only, (obvious reasons).  Interesting

Well they do look weak and obsolete compared to the Magnum which is already in game. 

Well they do look weak and obsolete compared to the Magnum which is already in game. 

Thats the point, the .357 Magnum cartridge the Colt Python (the magnum in the game) uses is a lot more powerful than 9x18mm Makarov.  The Kobalt would serve as a find, use and get rid of when you find the more powerful revolver, or you could stick with it and hunt small game.  They may seem weak, but they would be extremely fun to have in the game.