alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

How about a Zastava M77?

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/sites/default/files/semi-automatic-sporting-rifle-m2010.png

http://cdn.net.outdoorhub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/07/Zastava-M77-2.jpg

The semiautomatic, export version could come standard with a thumbhole, solid stock and 10- or 20- round magazines, firing slower than the FAL but accepting most AK attachments. It could also be a stronger, albeit less user-friendly and common alternative to the SKS. This wouldn't make much sense if they add in a Saiga or Vepr .308 rifle, but it's worth a try.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/sites/default/files/m77_0.png

If they were to add in the battle rifle version of it, firing at 650 rounds per minute, with classic AK furniture and 20-round magazines, it could be a super-uncontrollable, powerhouse of a gat, blowing people to shreds in close quarters and performing very well at medium range, too, but not quite reaching out as far as the SVD, even with the PSO-1 or Kashtan as it could be portrayed as very inaccurate. This could also, to some degree, apply to the semi-auto sporter version, excluding the part about close quarters.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/sites/default/files/pm-m77-nato_0.png

http://www.hk94.com/hk/uploads/monthly_11_2009/post-1-125803805279.jpg

And, finally, they could implement it as an RPK-type, automatic rifle, featuring a long barrel and bipod. It could be balanced out by making it both very rare and heavy to the point where you can't even put it onto your back to carry it. Another way to balance out such a rifle (or machine gun, rather) would be to make it pretty much useless in any stance except prone (with bipod deployed) or mounted/leaning on some sort of ledge (also with bipod deployed). This could be a weapon assigned to either a sharpshooter as a lower-damage, faster-firing, less controllable SVD, if on the semiautomatic fire mode, or it could be exactly what it was designed to be, a weapon to suppress people and keep them in cover, with the bipod allowing for long (impractical) bursts with little (for the .308 round) recoil. I'm pretty sure that this could be considered an M90 and not an M77, but it's called an M77 on the manufacturer's website so that's why I put it here.

I also guess that maybe you could put the Mosin M44 Compensator onto any of these? Probably wouldn't be possible in real life, but if you can convert a fixed AK into a sidefolder without any tools, I guess it'd be realistic enough. It'd also be cool (but wasteful) if it were possible to convert an FAL magazine into an M77 magazine, or the other way around, as both types would probably be super rare.

http://www.zastava-arms.rs/sites/default/files/m70_a.png

http://i.imgur.com/jNWGs1E.jpg

Another suggestion of mine, coming from the same manufacturer, is the Zastava M70A (or AA, with a safety, if those are ever to be implemented.) It's literally just a TT-33 chambered for 9x19mm Parabellum. I suggest this because I saw a lot of suggestions for the TT-33, but everyone kept saying that 7.62x25mm Tokarev ammo would never be added, so I decided I could try and suggest something along the same lines as the Red 9, which averts the need for a new round and adds in a weapon identical in function to the standard one.

I'm a little bored of the .308 hunting rifles. I would like to see a new civilian cartridge and accompanying bolt-action rifle. Apart from the Model 70 in .308/7.62 we have the CR527, a pretty unique "mini-Mauser", and the Steyr Scout will arrive in .223/5.56. Both of those are somewhat unusual rifles which will use military cartridges.

We have no purely civilian centrefire rifle cartridges. So I suggest adding the .25 Winchester Super Short Magnum. This short, fat cartridge was introduced in 2004. The idea was to duplicate the ballistics of the .25-06 in a short action rifle, a fast, flat-shooting, relatively low-recoil number that can be used on everything from varmints to big game.

The WSSM chamberings were offered in Winchester's Model 70 and Browning's A-Bolt lines. We don't need a second Model 70 variant, and we have enough wood-stocked rifles, so it would be neat to see the Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker. This rifle is very light, weighing just over 6 lbs (2.75 kg). One downside is that the fat WSSM case limits the magazine capacity to 3 rounds. Perhaps more troubling is the lack of iron sights, but this could and should spawn with scope (and magazine) attached (besides, we have the new precision crosshair, not the old static dot—so who needs sights?)

9dZLQVU.jpg

The 25 WSSM was originally offered in a few different weights. The 115 grain Ballistic Silvertip at 3,060 ft/s has been produced the longest. In the 22" barrel of the A-Bolt, call it 3,000 ft/s, give or take.

Ballistics for the 25 WSSM would look something like this:

hit = 11.2
airFriction = -0.00095
initSpeed = 915

Compared to current .308:

hit = 12
airFriction = -0.001006
initSpeed = 820 (this should be faster)

Trajectory 25 WSSM 
100: +0.15
200: +0.16
300: ZERO
400: -0.37
500: -1.00

Trajectory .308 Win
100: +0.19
200: +0.20
300: ZERO
400: -0.48
500: -1.27

So, this would do about 7/8ths of the .308's damage and shoot a little flatter. Of course, a 115 gr Ballistic Tip would cause more damage than 144 gr 7.62 ball, but bullet construction is a can of worms that hasn't yet been opened. Thanks to the A-Bolt's light weight, free recoil would be about the same as the Model 70.

WpLw4hi.png

Someone may point out that the WSSM calibres flopped, the rifles were discontinued around 2006 and ammunition is no longer produced except for the occasional limited run... but this is the apocalypse. Everything is discontinued! Besides, these weren't high volume target rifles. I suspect most owners didn't put too many rounds through them, and their leftover ammo could still be lying around.

dOn9Kyg.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/6/2015 at 9:50 AM, star-lord252 said:
On 7/6/2015 at 4:00 AM, Handgun_Hero said:

Marlin XLR .45-70 - The Marlin XLR is a four shot big game short range lever action rifle. It boasts immense damage but short range and low penetration due to it's slow velocity and rounded tip. However, within short range it does more damage than the .308 with less recoil and a twice as fast action, making the gun a nice close range alternative to the Winchester and Mosin.

its nice any lever action is good to look at though there's a problem with it, its chambered in 45-70 I'm not sure if its a unique cartridge or chambered in a lot of other guns. If they want more revolvers or reapeters maybe just add in .44-40 winchester used in revolvers and popular lever action guns like winchester 1873 and colt single action army I now there's aloot of other lever actions and revolvers. Or add more .357 magnum revolvers and lever action guns. The devs said they don't have planns now for adding more but they didn't say no.

Yes! Thank you. I created a thread on this topic in the suggestions forum. The Single Action revolver is an iconic weapon at the heart of the apocalypse genre and it deserves a place in this game. We're all trying to make our way in this new frontier after all.

The thread is here: 

Hah, the pipe gun! That's cool there.

Speaking of Marlin earlier in the topic, how about Marlin camp 9 rifle? This variant I tried uses 9x19 mm Parabellum ammo and I think it was a 10 round mag. Basicaly, good thing is you can use stuff from pistols of the same caliber like CZ 99 (or CR75, Glock and Red9 in game). You can attach optics on it and I tried that also. It was a red dot one, which was cool. Heard that some of the USA and Canada police officers had it as an in-car weapon of choice because of its smaller size.

marlincc-1-3.jpg

35 minutes ago, cirkular said:

Hah, the pipe gun! That's cool there.

Speaking of Marlin earlier in the topic, how about Marlin camp 9 rifle? This variant I tried uses 9x19 mm Parabellum ammo and I think it was a 10 round mag. Basicaly, good thing is you can use stuff from pistols of the same caliber like CZ 99 (or CR75, Glock and Red9 in game). You can attach optics on it and I tried that also. It was a red dot one, which was cool. Heard that some of the USA and Canada police officers had it as an in-car weapon of choice because of its smaller size.

marlincc-1-3.jpg

This weapon says "American market" to me. Not sure how true that is, but I don't think this one was ever popular in Europe. Also long discontinued. 

If we are looking for a 9 mm semi-automatic carbine, in Europe, the one that comes immediately to mind is the Beretta Cx4 Storm. Good rep, very successful, also still manufactured.

On 12/24/2016 at 10:20 AM, -Gews- said:

This weapon says "American market" to me. Not sure how true that is, but I don't think this one was ever popular in Europe. Also long discontinued. 

If we are looking for a 9 mm semi-automatic carbine, in Europe, the one that comes immediately to mind is the Beretta Cx4 Storm. Good rep, very successful, also still manufactured.

I'm not sure either :D or yeah, why not Beretta carbine? Hell, we have old weapons like P1 and Mosin, still  in game. I understand those are kind of legendary also. But, whatever developers think is suitable in DayZ world. I was just thinking... Since we have a .357 magnum and a repeater, for example, I miss something like a "popular" civilian carbine that can use that 9x19 mm ammo and (I think) CR 75 pistol mags we already have in game. And, since we have this availability thing for items in game, it doesn't have to be a too common find. Just more of a thing for earllier stages of the game if you will. I hope you get my point.

Here, in the midst of all the typical suggestions for every possible type of weapon/Ammo..... I have yet to see a call for the big-caliber PCC Air Rifles....and why is that?

These gems are popular in Europe where firearms are almost impossible to own/use and are getting more popular in the West as well.

The premise is simple.... Have a weapon that fires a bullet in the .357 to .45 caliber range with a reasonable weight, at a muzzle velocity of around 1000FPS.....using nothing but air!

You can carry as much ammo as you want, really...and the only downside is that you need an air pump for topping up the pressurized cylinder after about ten shots.

These "air-arms" are quieter than .22s and have the stopping power of most .30 caliber firearms out to 300 yards at least. They are designed and are used for hunting all manner of medium-sized animals including Deer...and because of their discreet muzzle note, you can drop your quarry in close proximity to others in the herd and still be able to take another one down afterwards.

The ammo can be lead balls, even...so casting your own projectiles is an option.

Now, unless you want to be super picky about the timeframe the DayZ universe is supposed to be set in....(and this would rule out a large amount of other weapons as well) then I honestly think choosing such a weapon as either a Pre-Charged Cylinder, or a Lever Cocking, High Velocity Air Rifle, in .25, .357, or .45 would be a huge benefit...especially for those who wish to remain unseen, and undetected.

Wow this old chestnut of a thread ^_^ I'm sure i posted about the UZI 9mm in here some time ago.. think i would be still interested to see more obscure east euro SMG's.

I'm also wondering if the devs are almost done adding weapons anyway or would that always be an ongoing thing ?

M107 with long range sights and or night sights and or thermal sights