alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Yes, i agree, but i was just sharing my opinion over the Dragunov in real life. The VSS is more of a tactical, long range engagement rifle, while the Dragunov SVD Rifle takes the roll more of a combat rifle/support rifle than a sniper rifle. What - Karma - was trying to say is that if the military tried to control the town, then most likely the sniper would of taken high ground during the lockdown to secure the perimeter. He would of ended up probably dieing up there from being overwhelmed, thus like - Karma - said, leaving a type of long range engagement rifle down on the ground where he succumbed to the infected. The SVD, i agree should be included but in my original post i was not saying that it should not be included.

Alright then.

The VSS is more of a tactical, long range engagement rifle, while the Dragunov SVD Rifle takes the roll more of a combat rifle/support rifle than a sniper rifle.

This is a misconception; the VSS isn't a long range weapon and was not designed to be. The slow muzzle velocity means massive drop and long flight times.

Sighting range:

100 meters head

200 meters chest

350 meters man-sized target

In comparison the SVD:

300 meters head

500 meters chest

800 meters man-sized target

The bullets of the SVD have a muzzle energy 5 times greater than those of the Vintorez, and the muzzle velocity is almost 3 times as high.

The turrets on the VSS scope only have adjustments out to 400 meters. The version on the SVD has turrets with adjustments out to 1000 meters.

The VSS is designed to be effective while remaining as quiet as possible, which means subsonic velocities and greatly reduced effective range. It is used to eliminate targets at comparatively close ranges while the shooter remains hidden.

Alright then.

This is a misconception; the VSS isn't a long range weapon and was not designed to be. The slow muzzle velocity means massive drop and long flight times.

Sighting range:

100 meters head

200 meters chest

350 meters man-sized target

In comparison the SVD:

300 meters head

500 meters chest

800 meters man-sized target

The bullets of the SVD have a muzzle energy 5 times greater than those of the Vintorez, and the muzzle velocity is almost 3 times as high.

The turrets on the VSS scope only have adjustments out to 400 meters. The version on the SVD has turrets with adjustments out to 1000 meters.

The VSS is designed to be effective while remaining as quiet as possible, which means subsonic velocities and greatly reduced effective range. It is used to eliminate targets at comparatively close ranges while the shooter remains hidden.

I changed my previous quote as you made this one. Both rifles have their clear advantages and disadvantages in the real world and game world. They would both make excellent additions to the world of survival since they both would make absolute sense to include.

• Like 3

Winchester 1894 or Marlin 336, both are chamered in rounds still common modernly. As for the 1895, it's pretty much chambered for a bunch of outdated rounds you'd never find in even a sporting goods store, letalone common residential homes.

Also, AKM but no AK-47, the AK-47 was phased out long, long ago, while to this day a ton of countries are still making AKM Clones (Romania, Bulgaria, Egypt, China, just to name a few of the more common ones).

Lobaev comes off as a really odd rifle to put in as what I'm assuming would a "low-tier" Sniper Rifle, considering for everyone one of them you'd find there's probably 20 scoped rifles from the Tula plant sitting around somewhere. Then again, never heard of one until this poll so I can't really say much about it (although I'm sure that says something about how common it is, as well).

Edited by dvsilverwing

Also, AKM but no AK-47, the AK-47 was phased out long, long ago, while to this day a ton of countries are still making AKM Clones (Romania, Bulgaria, Egypt, China, just to name a few of the more common ones).

And mosin was not ? 

And mosin was not ? 

No point in having a nearly identical but much rarer version of the gun. Actual AK-47s are rare nowadays, AKMs (and Type 56s) are the main ones you see nowadays. The Mosin-Nagant is still used by police forces and is a popular civilian rifle.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 2

And mosin was not ?

Good point but if they're only going to include one of the two, the choice is clear.

My motive for putting both them up was for that reason... I will be taking down either the AKM or the AK-47 depending on the votes

Highest = stays. Lowest= leaves. We shall see.

This one is quiet nice too:

6lxz.jpg

A great piece of German engineering. But I dont think it'll end up in game, and if it does then propably very rare. Oh and btw it doesn't have the silencr as stock version.

Edited by JumpinJax

This one is quiet nice too:

6lxz.jpg

A great piece of German engineering. But I dont think it'll end up in game, and if it does then propably very rare. Oh and btw it doesn't have the silencr as stock version.

Is that a DSR-50?.. I do not think that would fit in the game if that is the DSR.  

Just played some Dayz... Got knocked out by a freshspawn.  

43151850.jpg

If or actually when they add the ak's to this game i hope they do it properly it would be cool if they just add the akm and ak74, but it would be way cooler if they added a whole bunch of the ak variants from different countries and depending on what country they were from it will affect performance eg a Romanian ak wouldn't be as good as a Polish one. Something else that could be implemented would also be the ability to pick and chose pretty much every part of the gun (with the right tools of course) so you could have some thing like this. a Hungarian blued amd 65 lower receiver with a parkerized  Russian bolt. a parkerized ribbed Bulgarian receiver cover, etc. I do see this being a little nit picky and most people wouldn't care too much, but i think that would be pretty cool because no two guns would be the same.

If or actually when they add the ak's to this game i hope they do it properly it would be cool if they just add the akm and ak74, but it would be way cooler if they added a whole bunch of the ak variants from different countries and depending on what country they were from it will affect performance eg a Romanian ak wouldn't be as good as a Polish one. Something else that could be implemented would also be the ability to pick and chose pretty much every part of the gun (with the right tools of course) so you could have some thing like this. a Hungarian blued amd 65 lower receiver with a parkerized  Russian bolt. a parkerized ribbed Bulgarian receiver cover, etc. I do see this being a little nit picky and most people wouldn't care too much, but i think that would be pretty cool because no two guns would be the same.

Variety is nice, but i don't think the devs are aiming for a variety of the same weapon design.  I, however, would love to see some variety in the same designs of firearms.  Hopefully the devs will see our forum one of these days and consider what we have on it... there is so much feedback and information we have provided that they are all logical to add.

No point in having a nearly identical but much rarer version of the gun. Actual AK-47s are rare nowadays, AKMs (and Type 56s) are the main ones you see nowadays. The Mosin-Nagant is still used by police forces and is a popular civilian rifle.

Weird because AK 47 is one of the most common guns on this planet. Same goes for SKS.

Weird because AK 47 is one of the most common guns on this planet. Same goes for SKS.

Here's a question though - how many AK-47s were made?

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can get our forum out there to the devs?  Or at least a high ranking member?

Here's a question though - how many AK-47s were made?

Quite a lot, actually. They were incredibly common during wars like Vietnam (alongside the Type 56 and Vz.58) but became overshadowed by the huge amount of AKMs, Type 56s and eventual other variants. I'd reckon more than a few AKs encountered today are actual, original, Avtomat Kalashnikov models, but most of them are either in Africa or the Middle East. Chernarus would be dominated by AK-74 variants and AKMs, but you know this.

• Like 2

If anyone is looking to help this forum even more, i have a opportunity for someone if they are interested.  Message me if you are.

i plan on adding the M60

The Pig is back 

Also, any love for the B.A.R. ? (big ass rifle) lol jk

The Browning Automatic Rifle was a LMG type weapon used in both world wars, it fired the .30-06 Springfield cartridge and was used by over 40 different countries. It used a 20 round detachable magazine and had a rate of fire between 500-650 rpm. Just another thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1918_Browning_Automatic_Rifle

Quite a lot, actually. They were incredibly common during wars like Vietnam (alongside the Type 56 and Vz.58) but became overshadowed by the huge amount of AKMs, Type 56s and eventual other variants. I'd reckon more than a few AKs encountered today are actual, original, Avtomat Kalashnikov models, but most of them are either in Africa or the Middle East. Chernarus would be dominated by AK-74 variants and AKMs, but you know this.

Yes, but I haven't seen any definitive production numbers, just vague millions thrown around. It was adopted in 1949 - but so was the SKS.

The Simonov was manufactured until 1956 and was gradually replaced with the AK - the AK was manufactured until 1959 and was replaced with the AKM.

So how many AKs? I don't know. I'm sure someone has an idea of the figures, but I'm surprised this kind of basic information is lacking on the world's most famous firearm...

The Pig is back 

Also, any love for the B.A.R. ? (big ass rifle) lol jk

The Browning Automatic Rifle was a LMG type weapon used in both world wars, it fired the .30-06 Springfield cartridge and was used by over 40 different countries. It used a 20 round detachable magazine and had a rate of fire between 500-650 rpm. Just another thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1918_Browning_Automatic_Rifle

As much as i love the Browning Automatic Rifle in real life... it just would not fit  into the world of Dayz Standalone at all.  It saw use by the Americans and the British (along with their Bren Light Machine Gun) during World War 2.  It also saw conflict with the Vietcong and North Vietnamese in the early Vietnam War, until the Americans developed the absolute replacement to it, the M-60 Machine Gun.  It was an extreme improvement over the bar as you all can clearly see from the advancements the M-60 set forth for future machine guns, much like the Browning M1919 Heavy Machine Gun did for the U.S. .  It would of had 0% of a chance ending up in the hands of the Soviets during World War 2 because so far the only weapons i heard of them using from the U.S. include the M1A1 Thompson Sub Machine Gun and the Colt M1911 Semi-Automatic Handgun.  Good suggestion, but it just would not fit in very well.

EDIT: I did some more research.. looks like the Browning would of had a small chance due to the Soviets seizing some from the Polish during the war.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

How about the ole M1 Garand? over 6.5 million were made and it makes sense that some ww1/ww2 veterans would take one home as a souvenir or something of that matter,

As much of a hardon I have for the Vintorez, it had better not be in. You're not finding ammunition for a bunch of these firearms people want.

As much of a hardon I have for the Vintorez, it had better not be in. You're not finding ammunition for a bunch of these firearms people want.

The VSS would make absolute perfect sense to add to Dayz.  Like i said in the description, Special Forces would of probably used the rifle in the event of the outbreak.  Of course 9x39mm ammo would be a lot rare, but wouldn't that make the gun more valuable to players once they finally find it?  It is better to have more of a variety of ammunition and firearms both for the sake of survival.  It would be boring to just find say a DSHK Emplacement and a bunch of 12.7x108mm ammo laying around it and be able to wheel it around on a cart (they were attached to carts in World War 2 by their users, and they still are able to today).  Or how about a Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle that would just increase the use of the already put in ammo of 7.62x54mm?  I am very fond of the VSS Vintorez and i do think it should be in the game for logical reasons obviously.  And when you said that i am not finding the ammo for the firearms people want, i think you were trying to say that people would have a difficult time trying to find the ammo for the firearm?  The AKM, AK-47, Remington M14, Dragunov SVD, Saiga-M Semi-Automatic Rifle, and the Winchester 1895 would all use ammo that would be very easy to find.  7.62x39mm, 5.56x45 (5.56mm), and 7.62x54mm.  Those are just some of the guns i named off the list on the poll you see right now.  Firearms like the Lobaev would have a rarer ammunition type, but it would be extremely useful in Dayz.  

How about the ole M1 Garand? over 6.5 million were made and it makes sense that some ww1/ww2 veterans would take one home as a souvenir or something of that matter,

Not to sure if the M1 Garand saw use by the Soviets, or countries around the Soviets during World War 2.  It may of had a chance, but then again i am not entirely sure.

Added the Fort-12 Semi Automatic Pistol