alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

M240 - commonly used by US forces and UK forces (L7A2), medium machine gun that i think would go alongside the PKM, its eastern counterpart, commonly used by Russians, insurgents and numerous others.

M240-

320px-PEO_M240B_Profile.jpg

PKM-

320px-PKM_DD-ST-85-01257.JPEG

Noted, i will look into the M240 Machine Gun later.    :)

Edited by AlexeiStukov

List will be finished updating by 10:00

I was unable to finish updating due to an SQL error that i kept receiving when i tried to access the webpage.  I will be updating even more tonight.

Just added the OTs-01 Kobalt revolver and i am planning to get the polls up by 4:00pm Eastern U.S. Time today (2/11/14).

I plan on making the polls last for 2 days, which will give way to more firearm ideas. I will only be putting up the sidearms tonight. Please be ready to vote! We need as many votes as possible

APS Stechkin. Although most say it has been "Replaced" by the OTs-33, it hasn't. Its still commonly used around the world.

PKM. This is  far more numerous than the PKP, even in Russia, and was the CDF's standard GPMG in ArmA II. 

And we need far less Russian-exclusive weapons.

I couldn't add the polls yesterday because every time i tried to access the site it gave me an SQL Error again for some reason.  I had that error all day yesterday and i apologize to all of you.  I will be putting up the poll later on today.  Again, sorry for the inconvenience 

It's not just you having that error.

Rifles:

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle: Will be released tonight

Wat ? You mean in a patch ? Edited by General Zod

when/where can we vote?

You will be able to vote here at around 4:00pm Eastern U.S. Time today.  That is if i don't recieve another random SQL error

APS Stechkin. Although most say it has been "Replaced" by the OTs-33, it hasn't. Its still commonly used around the world.

PKM. This is  far more numerous than the PKP, even in Russia, and was the CDF's standard GPMG in ArmA II. 

And we need far less Russian-exclusive weapons.

Alright... after a long debate, i will add the Stechkin APS below the OTs-33 Pernach lol.  The Stechkin APS is used around the world, however the OTs-33 is what nations that have a good economy/ more modern of a military usually prefer because it is a 100% improvement over the original firearm.  As i can see i myself lost the battle against the community over which machine pistol should we have.  I used to have it up so i will see if i still have the description somewhere or if i will have to type up another one.  However, i will keep the OTs-33 still up, but after polls i will count up the total number and put the results of YES and NO below each firearm. I thought i did add the PKM to the list a while back, but i guess i did not, so i will be adding that later.   Thanks for your suggestions again dogfood

Edited by AlexeiStukov

It's not just you having that error.

Wat ? You mean in a patch ?

Yes i will be releasing it in a patch for the forum, probably after i get the polls up and running for the sidearm section.

It will take me about an hour to put the polls up, so 3:00pm is when i get home, i will try to get them out by 4:00 along with some minor updates .  (All Eastern U.S. Time)

Actually the initial release of the game will have a poor variety of weapons as we can see in the game files
2 handguns, 2 combat rifles, 3 sniper rifles and 2 shotguns.
And i would love to se a couple more guns, we dont really need  a huge variety but yes a couple more would be nice
some civilians and military.

Actually the initial release of the game will have a poor variety of weapons as we can see in the game files

2 handguns, 2 combat rifles, 3 sniper rifles and 2 shotguns.

And i would love to se a couple more guns, we dont really need a huge variety but yes a couple more would be nice

some civilians and military.

To be honest, I am disappointed in the variety of firearms we have currently. The more firearm variety and amount we have the better. This list was created to be more of a selection list for the devs to choose what firearms they may consider off of it. I made this so that the forums could finally combine all of our weapon ideas into one giant forum with equal representation of who suggested what and a good description and explanation for each firearm. We will continue to add more firearms to this list and hopefully the devs will finally notice our work one day.

M14 - battle rifle used by some USMC riflemen. 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition, could include a conversion kit to make it the M14 DMR that everyone loved in the mod.

M14 - 

m14-var.jpg

M14 DMR - 

dmr01.jpg

Please submit any more sidearm ideas before the first poll goes up!

Tt33 Tokarev

Pistole Makarov

You will be able to vote here at around 4:00pm Eastern U.S. Time today.  That is if i don't recieve another random SQL error

Alright... after a long debate, i will add the Stechkin APS below the OTs-33 Pernach lol.  The Stechkin APS is used around the world, however the OTs-33 is what nations that have a good economy/ more modern of a military usually prefer because it is a 100% improvement over the original firearm.  As i can see i myself lost the battle against the community over which machine pistol should we have.  I used to have it up so i will see if i still have the description somewhere or if i will have to type up another one.  However, i will keep the OTs-33 still up, but after polls i will count up the total number and put the results of YES and NO below each firearm. I thought i did add the PKM to the list a while back, but i guess i did not, so i will be adding that later.   Thanks for your suggestions again dogfood

Thats really not true. The majority of Russian Machine pistol users still use the APS. Mainly Police and Special Forces, with only a >FEW OMON units using the OTs-33. On top of that, Chernarus is poor as shit and coukdn't afford it. Your more likely to find 5 C96 (Which would be really rare) than one OTs-33. But whatever, leave it up. 

And the majority a users perfer the Glock 18, which is probably cheaper and uses more effective ammo. But do you see those everywhere?

The TT33 and Makarov really need to be in. The most common pistols inthe world, basically. Both are still in heavy use and pop up virtually everywhere.

• Like 1

i thought there should be one today at 16 ? :>

Yes there will be

I will first reply to the new comments and then I will add the poll when I get back

M14 - battle rifle used by some USMC riflemen. 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition, could include a conversion kit to make it the M14 DMR that everyone loved in the mod.

M14 - 

m14-var.jpg

M14 DMR - 

dmr01.jpg

In my orginal forum that was going to be posted before i edited it even further, the Remington M14 Rifle was in it.  I removed it because i did not think at the time of the U.S. involvement in Chernarus.  I forgot to add this rifle a while back, so thank you for reminding me!

Tt33 Tokarev

Pistole Makarov

Thats really not true. The majority of Russian Machine pistol users still use the APS. Mainly Police and Special Forces, with only a >FEW OMON units using the OTs-33. On top of that, Chernarus is poor as shit and coukdn't afford it. Your more likely to find 5 C96 (Which would be really rare) than one OTs-33. But whatever, leave it up. 

And the majority a users perfer the Glock 18, which is probably cheaper and uses more effective ammo. But do you see those everywhere?

The TT33 and Makarov really need to be in. The most common pistols inthe world, basically. Both are still in heavy use and pop up virtually everywhere.

Yes the OTs-33 was issued among OMON units in Russia mainly, but doesnt that add to the speciality of the handgun?  A handgun that is only issued to a few units, but is still a ton betfer than the previous Stechkin APS.  It would make players feel like they had "an upgrade" if you would say, if they found this handgun while they had the Stechkin APS.  The OTs-33 will still remain up on the forum.  Your statement about the TT-33 and Makarov being the most common pistols in the world is kind of true.  The Colt M1911 is also an extremly famous handgun that is used by many nations still today, including the nation that the creator was born in, United States of America.   The TT-33 is either in museums or is used by countries that are poor currently, although due to the time setting in the game it would make sense to have it.  Many other nations do use the OTs-33 Pernach and those that do use the APS still do not have the money to afford such an upgrade.  Also, the APS was around longer than the OTs-33, allowing it to gain more popularity among nations.  I will be putting the polls up as soon as i complete the APS description.

Poll will be up shortly

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Sidearm polls are up! PLEASE VOTE.  Enjoy!

• Like 1