alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

taking a look at the suggested weapons,

Please stick to existing topics.

Please stick to existing topics.

I apologize.  I am used to in every other game forum I've been in, having most "list" topics linking to separate threads for individual suggestions, and the forum rules did not read as such that it sounded like all weapon suggestions should be in this thread.  As such after my search for an AR-15 suggestion came up short, and it was not on the list of suggested weapons, I made my new thread. 

As a further suggestion, perhaps that point forbidding new weapon suggestion threads might be clarified? 

Edited by Evaris

I apologize.  I am used to in every other game forum I've been in, having most "list" topics linking to separate threads for individual suggestions, and the forum rules did not read as such that it sounded like all weapon suggestions should be in this thread. 

As a further suggestion, perhaps that might be clarified? 

We have that. Please read the pinned topics in any section you're posting in:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186014-list-of-already-existing-suggestions/

We have that. Please read the pinned topics in any section you're posting in:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186014-list-of-already-existing-suggestions/

I read that, however there was nothing specifying that all new additions to such things should be culminated into such threads.  I should clarify my own confusion:  "complete list of suggested weapons" does not infer, to me at least, that all weapon suggestions should be added to said thread - rather it sounds instead like a central link hub for other threads. 

I read that, however there was nothing specifying that all new additions to such things should be culminated into such threads.  I should clarify my own confusion:  "complete list of suggested weapons" does not infer, to me at least, that all weapon suggestions should be added to said thread - rather it sounds instead like a central link hub for other threads. 

This is meant to to be a masterlist of already existing, popular suggestions so they don't get reposted. If you feel like you have something to suggest, please consider these threads first, gathered here for your convenience.

Doesn't matter now anyway, as I have merged. Please consider in the future, however.

Carry on - on topic.

It does matter. Well to me and probably many others.

I will point this out to you though, when was the last time you saw/heard/read about a SUB-200 being used/shot/imported to anywhere other than the USA? I'd expect an FN FAL to be there before this firearm.

It'd matter to me, Normally. However seeing the AK-101 being implemented, And it firing 5.56.. It's just like.. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................

It'd matter to me, Normally. However seeing the AK-101 being implemented, And it firing 5.56.. It's just like.. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................................

Still an AK, thus better than a semi-auto subgun that doesn't see much use outside the US.

I'd expect a lower priced S&W/Ruger/Taurus before i saw a Python in Chernarus too.

Planning on just adding the MP5

I predicted the future. Put ye old MP5K on the list please :D

Tranquilizer Rifle (Suggested by JumpinJax)

Would be awesome, some alternative for self defense. :)

Ok I would not oppose the AR-15/M-16 if a Marksmen semi-automatic version was implemented.Also not having the ability to change it's receiver and not having it use 5.56x45 NATO because it's designed to receive the Remington .223/5.56x45 which while similar is there is a differents(AR-15s actually chamber an impressive number of rounds for an AR platform) so have it fire a different ammo.

Most m14's were force locked into semi-automatic fire during Nam and it has since be replaced with the M14EBR which I would greatly like to see in this game.

I'd personally like to see more Marksmen rifles and few assault rifles..

Merged

So... that's it? I write a well constructed thread with a poll, pictures and all... and inside of a few hours... BAM! It is "merged?" So, now what? My post gets buried on page 55, forever forgotten? Is that it? Or... are you considering my suggestion? Can you fill me in?

Ok I would not oppose the AR-15/M-16 if a Marksmen semi-automatic version was implemented.Also not having the ability to change it's receiver and not having it use 5.56x45 NATO because it's designed to receive the Remington .223/5.56x45 which while similar is there is a differents(AR-15s actually chamber an impressive number of rounds for an AR platform) so have it fire a different ammo.

Most m14's were force locked into semi-automatic fire during Nam and it has since be replaced with the M14EBR which I would greatly like to see in this game.

I'd personally like to see more Marksmen rifles and few assault rifles..

The Skin form the M14 EBR can be imported from ArmA 3 like they did with the FNX pistol. Its a matter of the Dev team wanting it in.

Edited by Dale Gribble

So... that's it? I write a well constructed thread with a poll, pictures and all... and inside of a few hours... BAM! It is "merged?" So, now what? My post gets buried on page 55, forever forgotten?

Haha, I've noticed too, I'm not in favour of all the gun suggestion threads being merged into one big monster thread! It gets more attention and is more focused when a thread concentrates on ONE gun.

If I post a thread "Jungle Carbine", all comments are related to the Jungle Carbine.

But if I post "Jungle Carbine" in this thread, my comment could be totally ignored and the next post could be "AA-12" and the post after that "Kel-Tec RFB"

• Like 2

Mods got probably tired of having long and detailed topics getting buried in "Please add <already suggested and discussed feature>! K thx!" topics and got a bit overzealous in merging. You can argue whether a certain item deserves a topic on its own or whether it should be added to already existing suggestions.

However, I think guns are better off having their own in depth topic in addition to an overview, This way you people can discuss the particular weapon in one and the list of suggested weapons in another.

• Like 1

So... that's it? I write a well constructed thread with a poll, pictures and all... and inside of a few hours... BAM! It is "merged?" So, now what? My post gets buried on page 55, forever forgotten? Is that it? Or... are you considering my suggestion? Can you fill me in?

It gets more attention and is more focused when a thread concentrates on ONE gun.

Actually, the whole point of this thread is that it's consolidated and easy to read for the Devs. This actually gets attention and gets more attention than 100 single threads.

Having everything in one thread is easier for the Devs to keep track of. There are two different things going on in here:

• Either you want the attention and the Beans
  • Or you want your suggestion to be seen by the Devs

The latter is achieved by having it in this thread, whilst the first one doesn't really help much other than your "like / post"-ratio.

• Like 1

The Skin form the M14 EBR can be imported from ArmA 3 like they did with the FNX pistol. Its a matter of the Dev team wanting it in.

The problem there is with the game as is it's not just a "skin" they'd have to physically code an M14 EBR platform as none of the "current" or "confirmed" firearms have a similar platform with the closest being the SKS with the exception of it firing the 7.62x39 an the M14 firing the 7.62x51 NATO which means they would still have to recode not just real in or we could look forward to a bunch more "but that's not how it works in real life!" Posts.

Personally I'd like to see a couple more marksmen rifles vs snipers and assault rifles.

I don't have the same arguments as a lot of people see to have. (Ie: you wouldn't find that in Russia or no service branch uses that) so as long as they don't go over board with the amount of weapons I don't care what weapons they include remember this is a fictional former soviet state. For all we know Chernerus was a country rife with secret weapons development factories in the height of the Cold War or even post succession from the Soviet Union they built these factories and produced all kinds of freaking guns. Fun takes front chair to realism as much as people loathe to admit it. Here is what we know about Chernerus it's based on portions of the real life Czech Republic, it's a costal country, the US and UN were involved in it's last conflict prior to Zday because it's in the ArmAverse past that what is truth in Chernerus is whatever the DEVs decide because well that how it works.

I would however object to light sabers and laser guns. Except maybe the Moonraker laser cause Jame Bond! (No really I'd still object to that)

So arguments that weapon X only sees distribution only applies as long as the dev teams says it doesn't see distribution in Chernerus and that's ok cause Chernerus is the perfect country, they have Zero obligations to add this landmark or that city. It's as big or small as they want it to be and has or doesn't have what they say it doesn't have or does have! It is the perfect platform for a game! But it doesn't have to be a good or bad thing for something you wouldn't normally find in that region to be there or something you normally would find to not be there.

If you treat it like the real world you are the one ruining your immersion not the community or the developer because you've already built it up to something it's not. It's design relies on regional construction to make you feel like it's in Russia that's it. I totally believe it's Russia when I look at it cause it looks like Russia. Past that it just needs to make me feel like I'm surviving weather I do that with an SKS or a Sub-2000 doesn't matter weather it's a AR-15 or a M14 as long as it handles like I expect the weapon to handle that's what matters. Not that I'd never find it there it's the freaking zombie apocalypse

Snip

Seeing how at this point the Devs have done a very poor job of weapon ballistics, Just adding the rifle in would be a step in the right direction. As for it's commonality, Sage International sells the EBR stock on the civilian market and it it very popular. (I had to wait over six months to finally receive mine). It requires a new barrel lug that makes the M14/M1A (The M1A is the civilian model M14 that isn't select fire) non comparable with it's original stock thus it would be logical to find an EBR complete rather than as an attachment. Although it is known for it's role as a Designated Marksmen Rifle, it can be used as a "Battle rifle" with a Comp M2/M4 red dot sight.

Also the M14 EBR isn't some tactical assault military weapon of doom as some lesser educated people may think. Despite it's number of accessory rails, it is a weapon system with flaws.The EBR stock cannot be mated with match grade barrels, it is very heavy, and it is outclassed by other Designated Marksmen Rifles, such as the M110. Seeing how it isn't the very best rifle out there, but very good and well known, as well as the fact that the Devs can just port over existing resources for less effort than building new files from scratch, it would be a good addition.

Seeing how at this point the Devs have done a very poor job of weapon ballistics, Just adding the rifle in would be a step in the right direction. As for it's commonality, Sage International sells the EBR stock on the civilian market and it it very popular. (I had to wait over six months to finally receive mine). It requires a new barrel lug that makes the M14/M1A (The M1A is the civilian model M14 that isn't select fire) non comparable with it's original stock thus it would be logical to find an EBR complete rather than as an attachment. Although it is known for it's role as a Designated Marksmen Rifle, it can be used as a "Battle rifle" with a Comp M2/M4 red dot sight.

Also the M14 EBR isn't some tactical assault military weapon of doom as some lesser educated people may think. Despite it's number of accessory rails, it is a weapon system with flaws.The EBR stock cannot be mated with match grade barrels, it is very heavy, and it is outclassed by other Designated Marksmen Rifles, such as the M110. Seeing how it isn't the very best rifle out there, but very good and well known, as well as the fact that the Devs can just port over existing resources for less effort than building new files from scratch, it would be a good addition.

Granted an I was using that as an example rather than the standard.

Few points on that not though. The Ruger Mini14 is a more easily acquired "civilian" model (see also the mini 6.8 and mini 30)

Now as far as the M14 and the M14 EBR the original M14 saw most of it's field service in Vietnam where most were locked into semi-automatic as the full auto function was nearly uncontrollable amongst other issues with the rifle,

As far as I know the EBR is semi automatic only.

As far as weight compared to the m4 yeah it's heavy. The m4 weighs just over 6lbs empty and almost 8 lbs loaded with a 30rnd box magazine. The m16 is almost 9lbs loaded.

The M14 roughly 10lbs the EBR almost 12lbs or roughly the same as the AK with a steel magazine. So it's not especially heavy. And yes there are far better DMRs out there I just have that personal preference.

Like I said Id be fine with just about any DMR because they give you versatility you don't see in many other firearms atm. They are semi automatic, don't normally exchange range for speed, better designed for long range than a full auto and not as slow as a bolt action.

Actually, the whole point of this thread is that it's consolidated and easy to read for the Devs. This actually gets attention and gets more attention than 100 single threads.

Having everything in one thread is easier for the Devs to keep track of. There are two different things going on in here:

The latter is achieved by having it in this thread, whilst the first one doesn't really help much other than your "like / post"-ratio.

Hmmm... yeah... I can care less about beans... so... fair enough. Beans I can due without... but some community insight is always nice. I would of liked to be a part of the conversation directly resulting in my thread. In the end though, I suppose the utility of merging all weapon posts is justified.

What is the likelihood my suggestion will be acknowledged by the devs? And will there be a way I can keep track of the process?

Snip

I think the Mini 14 would be bad, for the case that the mags are proprietary. I agree with you, for all its faults, the M14 EBR is one of my favorites, I own one. As far as the automatic setting, the EBR stock has a cut out so that a model with a auto selector can be accepted, and some military M14 EBRs retain their select fire capability. For gameplay purposes the EBR should be semi automatic fire only.

I think the Mini 14 would be bad, for the case that the mags are proprietary. I agree with you, for all its faults, the M14 EBR is one of my favorites, I own one. As far as the automatic setting, the EBR stock has a cut out so that a model with a auto selector can be accepted, and some military M14 EBRs retain their select fire capability. For gameplay purposes the EBR should be semi automatic fire only.

I agree but at the same time all current magazines are proprietary in the sense of gameplay. So that isn't much of an issue all around so think that particular gun isn't a good idea was just citing that as an example.

To further explain my point though none of the mags in the game this far are interchangeable if a similar platform weapon is added that can accept a magazine from say the M4 or AK that makes sense but so far it seems like they are limiting that

I think he wants both - a special topic to discuss and an overview topic listing the suggestions and the results of the former discussion.

Also there is another issue with this topic: Alexei is pouting because of Chris Torchias statement about calibers and realism/gameplay so the chances of new suggestions making it to post one - where they are read - are slim at best.