alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Hello everyone, I will be returning shortly.

Going to be adding a large amount of weapons based off a few Warsaw Pact documents I have found.

I apologize for my behaviour concerning the calibers

I will take back what I said and remove the poll

We have to just accept it and wait until user mods come out.

Sincere apologies to my fellow community members and the Devs themselves.

Thank you and God Bless all of you.

• Like 1

I thank you all for your support of this thread.

I apologize for my behaviour concerning the calibers

I will take back what I said and remove the poll

We have to just accept it and wait until user mods come out.

Sincere apologies to my fellow community members and the Devs themselves.

Thank you and God Bless all of you.

Says who? I didn't see a final release date a beta or even .47 hit stable. Everything is in flux, my only issue with the way people are handling the caliber issue is that they are confusing it as a thing that "hardcore" gamers should want. And as soon as someone says otherwise it becomes a pissing match. Yes it adds realism and immersion, but it's not common knowledge it's a niche knowledge that people interested in guns know.

I know this information I'd lol to see it in the game but it will not bother me if it's not. Either way you should stick to your guns as a consumer thy wants to see this in the final release, you like me are paying for development our voices should be heard

• Like 1

Another thing i would like to add to all of the above..

Me and my brother are currently working on a massive overhaul mod for a zombie survival game called Project Zomboid

I have also been working on a new map for Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne (Map is based off of Eras Zombie Invasion, i am rebooting the series)

Along with that i have been working on school work.

School starts in about 3 weeks for me...

Currently stressed out beyond fucking belief..

I will do my best to maintain this thread and keep it alive.

Expect little updates here and there

Here is a look of what i am planning to add:

Karabiner 98k (7.92x57mm Mauser, also known as 8mm Mauser)

Pictures:1280px-Kar_98K_-_AM.021488.jpg

600px-Valkyrie_k98_02.jpg

afgan1.jpg

Soviet Soldiers stationed in Afghanistan, note the one of the far left holding the Karabiner 98k

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Zastava M48 (7.92x57mm Mauser, also known as 8mm Mauser)

Pictures

Yugoslavian_M48_rifle.gif

Vlcsnap-2012825.png

Vlcsnap-4245530.png

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Vz26  (7.62x25mm Tokarev)

Pictures:

sa24.jpg

calz.jpg

uzi.jpg

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Vz54 (7.62x54mm)

Pictures:

VZ5401.JPG

200612CZ-006-web.jpg

600px-HA_M54_01.jpg

Sturmgewehr 44 (7.92x33mm Kurz)

Pictures:

Sturmgewehr_44.jpg

stg44-sturmgewehr.jpg

soldiers%20machine%20gun%20guns%20graysc

VZ58 (7.62x39mm M43)

Pictures:

1280px-Sa_58-JH01.jpg

1024px-Aktivni_zalohy_ACR.jpg

084.jpg

All of these weapons are off the Warsaw Pact Small Arms guides that i have found

Give me some feedback,  Thank you and God Bless!

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 2

All those guns look great! But.... What about the Kel-Tec sub-2000? See page 55 for my full length post!

Edited by superfluidity

Yeah... the Czech version of the AK... is far superior to the Russian one... looks good.

• Like 1

They look great, though I'm honestly hoping to see more civilian small arms than anything, hence my AR-15 suggestion which is back on page 55 / I PM'd you about. 

That said, good to see more regional weapons than just general blanket suggestions.

• Like 1

I am just getting back to read the pages now! :)

Thank you for your suggestions, i will see to it my fellow community members!!

God Bless!!!

EDIT:

I will get to adding them ASAP, Stay tuned for more updates! Haha, its glad to be back!

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 2

I am just getting back to read the pages now! :)

Thank you for your suggestions, i will see to it my fellow community members!!

God Bless!!!

EDIT:

I will get to adding them ASAP, Stay tuned for more updates! Haha, its glad to be back!

6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy

one good wepon idea is a kap 45 or a 22 hunting rifle or maybe a Cross bow that you can make from wood and string 

*snip*

*snip*

Important message to Evaris, Superfluidity, and Average33sociopath

Evaris,

Concerning your AR-15 suggestion, i was confused on which variant to post up on here for the picture.  The ones that i have narrowed it down to are the 7.62x39mm variant and the 5.56x45mm NATO variant.  However, i have a few questions.

Do you want the American variant posted on here or the Czech variant AR-15? (I am looking off this website currently: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/04/09/luvo-prague-the-czech-ar-15-maker/

If you are wanting the Czech variant, can you please tell me how many are currently present in Europe?  (Rough estimate perhaps?)

Superfluidity,

Concerning your Keltec Sub-2000 9mm Pistol Carbine suggestion, i like it, however i have a few questions:

1.  How popular of a firearm is it in the area of Europe?

2. Has this firearm ever been exported massively to other countries?  Or even for just civilian exportation?

3. How common are they to find?

Average33sociopath,

​Concerning your MAC-10 .45 ACP Sub Machinegun / Semi automatic variant.

I would say the fully automatic version would fit best because people would still be able to rapid click to make the gun seem semi-automatic.

I will consider adding it, since it is a popular law enforcement weapon that was used extensively back then until it was replaced by more modern firearms such the IMI Uzi, HK MP5A3, FN P90, and the HK UMP to name a few.

Please get back to me as soon as possible with the new information!  

Thank you and God Bless!

Edit:

Can't believe i posted "Mac-15"

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

The Czech manufacturer makes their rifles both to the original spec, along with aftermarket components.  You can get a bare AR-15 the same as an original model you'd find in the USA, but they also have aftermarket rails and such - I'd suggest they all be there.  As for uppers, they should both be available, in my opinion, with 5.56 NATO being more common. 

I don't have an exact estimate, but if I remember correctly, I heard about 1/5th of new rifles sold in the Czech Republic are AR-15's.  I can't remember what website I read that one, nor do I have a way to validate it in any way, I'm afraid.  I do know that 1/3rd to 1/2 of all new rifles sold in the USA are AR-15's, so the percentage wouldn't surprise me. 

So in general, I'd say just blanket AR-15's.  They're manufactured by H&K, Sig, and the Czech company for what are most common in Europe in general, and they all have interchangeable parts with very little difference in components for the most part.  So... yeah. 

I wouldn't limit the AR-15's to a single manufacturer in game, and rather just blanket name them "AR-15".

Superfluidity,

Concerning your Keltec Sub-2000 9mm Pistol Carbine suggestion, i like it, however i have a few questions:

1.  How popular of a firearm is it in the area of Europe?

2. Has this firearm ever been exported massively to other countries?  Or even for just civilian exportation?

3. How common are they to find?

Honestly?  Kel-tec is a small American firm that lacks the manufacturing capabilities of other mainstream firearm companies.  What I love about Kel-tec is how innovative their products are.  The level of quality their weapons display but mostly the cost to the buyer.  Kel-tec truly produces solid performance weapons for the "everyman".  THe SUB-2000 is what I consider an excellent survivor's weapon system.  Which is why I instinctively thought of it's value to DayZ.  Not only does it's use fit the niche of DayZ but ... as far as I know... the SUB-2000 has never been featured in a videogame before.  You would be breaking new ground.

The weapon is commonly found here, in the united States.  Obviously.  I could not find any information about the export of the SUB-2000, specifically but I did look into Kel-tec's export history.  They do, indeed, export into europe.  If I had to guess; their most popular export item would be the iconic Kel-tec KSG:

81892.jpg

To the point, I have only heard whispers of Kel-tec exporting into the eastern block... (one rumor of the above shotguns finding their way into russia) but nothing i would bet my life on.  So... I don't think there would be many Kel-tec products laying around during the aftermath of DayZ.  I just think the SUB-2000 was made for the types situations posed in DayZ...  well... I doubt the Kel-tec engineers were thinking Zombie apocalypse... but hey... who knows?

Please consider the SUB-2000... a great intermediate weapon between a sidearm and a primary weapon... made to be light and compact!

Thanks in advance!

super

Edited by superfluidity

I wouldn't limit the AR-15's to a single manufacturer in game, and rather just blanket name them "AR-15".

Thanks for the information,  firearm will be added shortly.

Thanks in advance!

super

I will indeed put it up on the list, however, i cannot guarantee the community supporting it when voting time happens,

None the less, i thank you both for your suggestions.

God Bless!

• Like 1

Good to hear, look forward to seeing your addition and what you have to say about it, lol.

Unfortunately Kal-Tec isn't what I'd call a exporter, most of their fire arms solid sales it's looks like. The important thing to remember is Chernerus doesn't exist. And therefore is bony constrained by limitations of does weapon "x" exist in the region. That's also the fun of video games. Personally I'd prefer the sportster over the sub-2000 but that's just me. Especially since it would take up my primary slot.

Unfortunately Kal-Tec isn't what I'd call a exporter, most of their fire arms solid sales it's looks like. The important thing to remember is Chernerus doesn't exist. And therefore is bony constrained by limitations of does weapon "x" exist in the region. That's also the fun of video games. Personally I'd prefer the sportster over the sub-2000 but that's just me. Especially since it would take up my primary slot.

Well not necessarily, the sub-2000 could fit in the same space as an MP5 or a sawed off shotty in your backpack I'd think.  Or could be folded for 2x2 as previously suggested, perhaps. 

Anyhow.  Would be an interesting option among the secondary-yet-not-sidearm category. 

• Like 1

If you check out my original suggestion post on pave 55... I propose an interesting place for the SUB-2000 when it isn't in the primary weapon slot. I invite you to check it.