alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I think your refering to Afghanistan. Guns laws in russia are extremely strict.

Alexei, reading back i see you don't really know what weapons the CDF uses (in arma)

Basically, its what was left by the Soviet army. Ak-74s ( Not Ms, original) a few AKMs, PKMs, SVDs, RPK-74s and Makarovs. There were no Russian Federation guns. The reason the PP-19 was in the mod was becuase dean felt like it, along with almost all the other gns.

- snip-

I would imagine the bolded statement will take precedence, except you could probably replace Dean's name with "the Devs".  I think all this debate we are having is great, and it allows the Devs to see where our heads are at regarding certain weapons, but in a lot of cases popularity and coolness factor will be trumping "makes sense".

Already there are at least two weapons in the game that I just can't see enough "reason" for them to be there.  We will see more of that I think.  However, your list of six weapons that the CDF would have had should have been the starting point in my opinion.  I would say without those, the game just doesn't feel quite right.  Once those were in, I would have started on the other stuff.  Then again, I'm not a Dev so wtf do I know right? :P

I would imagine the bolded statement will take precedence, except you could probably replace Dean's name with "the Devs".  I think all this debate we are having is great, and it allows the Devs to see where our heads are at regarding certain weapons, but in a lot of cases popularity and coolness factor will be trumping "makes sense".

Already there are at least two weapons in the game that I just can't see enough "reason" for them to be there.  We will see more of that I think.  However, your list of six weapons that the CDF would have had should have been the starting point in my opinion.  I would say without those, the game just doesn't feel quite right.  Once those were in, I would have started on the other stuff.  Then again, I'm not a Dev so wtf do I know right? :P

I'm gonna guess the FNX-45 and Colt Python? Or M4A1 instead of Python?

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I will reply to comments later.. currently found out yet again tonight I am busy as fuck.. be patient everyone..

Ummm...No.

I was talking with a mate today who comes from Russia and he says, that most of the people there have an AK of some sort. And my german teacher who goes hunting in Siberia says he's a pretty good shot, but he can't compete with the Russians and their AKs.

Guessing that you're referring to the M4A1 and the FNX, following up to the war that broke out in Chernarus (ARMA II campaign), there would be M4A1's due to the US Marine deployment. And the FNX is a handgun used world wide in various military and police forces. 

I'm gonna guess the FNX-45 and Colt Python? Or M4A1 instead of Python?

Guessing that you're referring to the M4A1 and the FNX, following up to the war that broke out in Chernarus (ARMA II campaign), there would be M4A1's due to the US Marine deployment. And the FNX is a handgun used world wide in various military and police forces. 

Actually referring to the Colt and FNX, as Chaingunfighter said.  The FNX seems to new a model based on what I've heard about the timeline.  The Python is only there for "cool"/"Rick had it" factor I think.  Whatever, not my game to build :)  I'd say the new over-under barrel rifle is a weird one too - not sure why the Devs felt this needed to be implemented sooner/with more priority over things like the Makarov, CZ-75 and/or AK-74.  I know those may be coming, but why these other ones earlier?  The M4 I get, they wanted to test the modular system - but then again, the AK-74 is pretty modular too so that seems a little like an excuse.  I'd rather they just said "We are putting these guns in because we think they're cool and that's that."  Which is pretty much what they are doing IMO.  But like I said, it's not my game to make :)  And I have no problem using those guns and having fun with them, just doesn't quite make sense from a "realistic" perspective (the FNX and Python) is all considering how much detail to realism this game tries to employ.

Shadow134 I totally get what you're saying based off of Arma 2, I do.  But I think my same arguments could be made regarding that game as well.  I'm not saying the M4 doesn't belong, wah wah like some others might.  UN was there it seems, so UN/NATO weapons make sense too.  Just don't understand why they took priority over what the locals would have had available in common supplies.

Edited by - Karma -

Ummm...No.

I was talking with a mate today who comes from Russia and he says, that most of the people there have an AK of some sort. And my german teacher who goes hunting in Siberia says he's a pretty good shot, but he can't compete with the Russians and their AKs.

Probably saiga rifles. Fully-Automatic AKs are only permitted for Military, police, security guards ect. Saigas are basically AKs with hunting stocks and modified to not accept higher-capacity magazines, or it could be semi-autos with smaller magazines. Either that, or your friend is talking bullshit, becuase automatic or burst guns are prohibited, along with any magazine's holding more than 10 rounds. Its not like everyone has an Automatic under their bed.

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

I thought about some guns that would be good and add a different dimension to the game if you can add in smaller 380 or a sub compact 9mm auto pistols that have different slot variations because they are small guns and not full size.

A walther PPS

Walther-PPS-Pistol-9mm.jpg

Or a Kel-Tec PF9

keltec-pf9-500x361.jpg

This would allow holdout guns that are smaller and take up less room in the inventory but have limited capacity and if a 380 Auto. Maybe a little less effective but incase you run out of ammo they are a backup weapon. These small carry guns also would have limited accuracy inside of a 100 yards due to their size. But I think they would be an excellent edition

Probably saiga rifles. Fully-Automatic AKs are only permitted for Military, police, security guards ect. Saigas are basically AKs with hunting stocks and modified to not accept higher-capacity magazines, or it could be semi-autos with smaller magazines. Either that, or your friend is talking bullshit, becuase automatic or burst guns are prohibited, along with any magazine's holding more than 10 rounds. Its not like everyone has an Automatic under their bed.

Yeah I supose they have something like this, what I posted earlier:

w18k.jpg

Ummm...No.

In Russia, to obtain the license for the weapon with a rifled barrel, the person has to be connected by profession with hunting or to own at least 5 years the license for the smooth-bore weapon.

And yes, as here already mentioned, not AK, but semi-automatic variants - Saiga, Vepr, Tigr etc.

What do you think about these ones?

Gewehr 43

g43a.jpg

Scout Bolt Action

ruger-gunsite-scout-600x117.jpg

Ruger Mini 14

10877d1267253131-gb-mini-14-mini14gb-f.j

Zastava M90

Zastava_M90.jpg

???

best regards

Gewehr 43

g43a.jpg

Scout Bolt Action

Ruger Mini 14

Zastava M90

Zastava_M90.jpg

???

best regards

G43 is extremly rare

Mini 14 would be a nice addition, but i don't know how common a sight it is. 

M90s were only made for a few years, and are never used anymore due to NATO ammo being rare in Serbia (where all them are, pretty much)

More weapons you should put up:

Browning Hi-Power

Fn FAL

Sterling L2A3 SMG

Smith & Wesson Model 19 .38

Ruger MkI

PO8 Luger (apparently quite common)

CZ52 7.62x25

Cz83 9mm Makarov

Zastava M83 .357 (snubby)

PSM 

DUX 53 (9mm German PPS-43) or M44 (Finnish 9mm pps)

PM-63 9mm makarov

RPD lmg

Commercial M1 carbine (still in production)

AKS (foldable stock = less room in inventory)

• Like 1

The mini 14 is a great little gun but I'm not sure it would be in eastern bloc countries

G43 is extremly rare

Mini 14 would be a nice addition, but i don't know how common a sight it is. 

M90s were only made for a few years, and are never used anymore due to NATO ammo being rare in Serbia (where all them are, pretty much)

More weapons you should put up:

Browning Hi-Power

Fn FAL

Sterling L2A3 SMG

Smith & Wesson Model 19 .38

Ruger MkI

PO8 Luger (apparently quite common)

CZ52 7.62x25

Cz83 9mm Makarov

Zastava M83 .357 (snubby)

PSM 

DUX 53 (9mm German PPS-43) or M44 (Finnish 9mm pps)

PM-63 9mm makarov

RPD lmg

Commercial M1 carbine (still in production)

AKS (foldable stock = less room in inventory)

Most of those fire arms i have already put down, but i have taken down due to asking people in real life and through messaging on the forums.  Please don't post huge lists of firearms that we should add either.  It would be better for one to three firearms suggested at a time that the community can take time and agree on.  

The mini 14 is a great little gun but I'm not sure it would be in eastern bloc countries

The Mini-14 Rifle has no place in Chernarus.. much like the Ruger 10/22 they added recently.

Gewehr 43

g43a.jpg

Scout Bolt Action

Ruger Mini 14

Zastava M90

Zastava_M90.jpg

???

best regards

A Gewehr is already being currently added to Dayz (look on the wiki).  The Zastava M90 does look interesting though.

Alexei, reading back i see you don't really know what weapons the CDF uses (in arma)

Basically, its what was left by the Soviet army. Ak-74s ( Not Ms, original) a few AKMs, PKMs, SVDs, RPK-74s and Makarovs. There were no Russian Federation guns. The reason the PP-19 was in the mod was becuase dean felt like it, along with almost all the other gns.

Heres a few you should add to the list:

Why no PKM yet? :/

PPS-43

RPK-74/Rpk-74M

R-something grenade launcher (Basically russian M32)

AGS-30 mounted 30mm Grenade launcher.

RPG-7 anti-tank weapon

Makarov SD (intergral suppressor)

SKS-M - SKS modified to use 30rnd AKM magazines

TOZ-18 .22 boot action. Can mount PU scopes.

BTW, there was no "Nagant Firearms." There were the Belgian Nagant Brothers, who designed firearms, mainly for FN. The Nagant Revolvers in russia were made by IZMECH. (Or tula, i don't remember) 

And the Winchester M1895 was replaced by more modern designs ASAP becuase it was terrible. Only around half the 300,000 were actaully imported into russia and few are still operational (this goes for all M1895s) and would be incredibly rare, and not very good anyway. I would rather see a Modern reproduction Winchester 1866.

Ah yes.. i see what you are doing.  I do actually know what weapons were used by the Chernarussian forces during the events that took place in Arma 2.  I played the game all the way through, even though i was not really impressed by the game play experience at all.  I try to add weapons that would match the time, history, and even the "current status" of Chernarus. And why do you think i have firearms like the Bizon or the PP-2000 on there? Because it is popular in the community and that is what the people want, this forum is not based around my own thoughts.  I hear from the people and take their suggestions and make the best and shortest description as possible for each firearm we put up.  I only put firearms up that would match the setting that Chenarus is in, a post Soviet state until the break up of the Soviet Union in 1992.  I do know about Nagant Firearms, but that is considered a typo and i do not really have that much time to come on here every day and create these descriptions for hours upon hours.  The Winchester 1895 would make sense since it was used by the Russian Empire and the Russians even exported the rifle all over Europe, since they rejected the design of the stock on the rifle (it had wood grain still left on it sometimes).  The Winchester 1866, if i recall, was in the MOD Version of Dayz standalone and will eventually make its way onto this list.  About the weapons you suggested, i ask you not to make an extremely long list and this goes for the rest of you.  It would be better to only post two or three weapons at a time so we as a community can come together and decide/ share our thoughts on each one instead of getting mixed up over all the suggestions.  Also, before you mention suggestions, please have a look at the bottom of the forum where it says "Weapons to be Added" because i have the RG6 (Rotary Grenade Launcher) already up on it.  You ask why i don't have the PKM yet?  Its because i have to balance out work, school, and this forum in real life and it is very difficult to do so.  I try to do my best to help you guys get noticed for the work you do and i try to help as much as possible when i can.  Life is becoming more challenging for me i would say and i do like challenges so i am proud to accept.  Don't mean to come off as hostile towards you dogfood, you are a good community member and suggestor.  I will look into some of the firearms you suggested.  God Bless.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Plan on seeing these weapons added tomorrow:

CZ 550 Hunting Rifle

PP-91 Cedar Sub Machine Gun

Skorpion Vz.61 Sub Machine Gun

KSVK Anti Material Rifle

RPG-7 Rocket Launcher

AlexeiStukov, on 21 Feb 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

A Gewehr is already being currently added to Dayz (look on the wiki). The Zastava M90 does look interesting though.

Actually, no, that says Gewher 98 (Mauser M1898)

How do i know? I wrote that.

I'm not sure it will actaully be added, but a while back the devs put up a screenshot with a guy holding a mauser. I haven't seen anything on it since then (probably 8mon ago) so we'll see...

But really, never use the wiki as your source of what will be added, its written by the community not the devs. Everything on there was either confirmed or seen in screenshots, or are random guesses/trolls. 

AlexeiStukov, on 21 Feb 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Ah yes.. i see what you are doing. I do actually know what weapons were used by the Chernarussian forces during the events that took place in Arma 2. I played the game all the way through, even though i was not really impressed by the game play experience at all. I try to add weapons that would match the time, history, and even the "current status" of Chernarus. And why do you think i have firearms like the Bizon or the PP-2000 on there? Because it is popular in the community and that is what the people want, this forum is not based around my own thoughts. I hear from the people and take their suggestions and make the best and shortest description as possible for each firearm we put up. I only put firearms up that would match the setting that Chenarus is in, a post Soviet state until the break up of the Soviet Union in 1992. I do know about Nagant Firearms, but that is considered a typo and i do not really have that much time to come on here every day and create these descriptions for hours upon hours. The Winchester 1895 would make sense since it was used by the Russian Empire and the Russians even exported the rifle all over Europe, since they rejected the design of the stock on the rifle (it had wood grain still left on it sometimes). The Winchester 1866, if i recall, was in the MOD Version of Dayz standalone and will eventually make its way onto this list. About the weapons you suggested, i ask you not to make an extremely long list and this goes for the rest of you. It would be better to only post two or three weapons at a time so we as a community can come together and decide/ share our thoughts on each one instead of getting mixed up over all the suggestions. Also, before you mention suggestions, please have a look at the bottom of the forum where it says "Weapons to be Added" because i have the RG6 (Rotary Grenade Launcher) already up on it. You ask why i don't have the PKM yet? Its because i have to balance out work, school, and this forum in real life and it is very difficult to do so. I try to do my best to help you guys get noticed for the work you do and i try to help as much as possible when i can. Life is becoming more challenging for me i would say and i do like challenges so i am proud to accept. Don't mean to come off as hostile towards you dogfood, you are a good community member and suggestor. I will look into some of the firearms you suggested. God Bless.

I never meant for you to add all those, i was suggesting a that you should look into them at some point.

Srry. I seemed you didn't know what the CDF used early on in the topic. But your right, arma campaign is really bland :/

I looked at the "to add section" tge day before i posted and didn't see the RG6 or RPG. I guess you updated it after i read.

Trust me, i get being busy. I was just expecting you to add the PKM before othere seeing as it was one of the first suggested to be added.

But really, we'll have to ask gews about the Winchester. He's found some Russian police site, giving good examples of what turns up in Eastern Europe. I just don't see many of the less than 200,000 of them imported into russia still being active, mainly due to them being inferior to Mosins and many being re-imported to the US. From what i can tell, they were "Muskets" - not sure if that means smoothbore? If so.. lolz.

Don't get me wrong, i love this gun, (and i'm not asking you to take it down) but they wouldn't be at all common. 

Edited by thedogfoodyayho

I'm just gonna suggest the lee Enfield .303 rifle for old times sake and these rifles have ended up all over the place. It would do more damage than the mosin or the kar 98k (I think) but the ammunition would be rarer.

I don't really have a preference. I'd like to see an extra gun or two, but not a load of them.

I more want to give you props for putting so much effort into a detailed thread like this. Beans to you, sir.

The M1014 shotgun could be a good addition as it it used by US and UK forces. It is semi automatic and rails for attaching extra storage for the 12 gauge shells it uses.

The M84 flash bang could be added because although rare, it would add depth - particularly to those situations where you are breaching a building with known hostiles.

Add .38 special revolvers like the small snub nossed colt detective. You can also load .38 special in the .357 magnum revolver. Less damage but easier to find than .357 ammo or magnum revolvers. Any comments?

ps. I know my english is crappy but I bett its better than your Dutch :D

Edited by Awrgh A Hero