alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Spears, Bows, all of those would be able to be crafted by one if crafting weapons are added to the game.  Hunting crossbows will be coming quite soon as i hear.  It would not disturb the survivor style of the game because it is following the possible story line of the outbreak and the firearms that would of probably been seen used by civilians, hunters, law enforcement, or military during and before that time.  It creates a better atmosphere to the game with a large variety of firearms that keeps the player alert at all times, knowing that the chances of them being shot by one are pretty high.

Yes I ageed. I think, Rifles and co should be very rare in the game ( of course full version), 

Add the following:

Baikal MP-153: popular shotgun in Russia, across Europe and also North America (was also briefly sold under the name "Remington SPR453")

goosehunt007la7.jpg

V93jJB4.jpg?1

PPS-43: in terms of submachine guns, seems to be one of the more commonly-seized ones from criminals in Eastern Europe.

This example was seized from a gang's woodland cache in Saransk, Russia.

%264_1_~1.JPG

PP-91 Cedar: seems to be somewhat common in Russia, other countries maybe not so much.

"On Wednesday evening at the Bohr highway, criminal investigation officers detained a resident of the capital, and seized a silenced "Cedar" submachine on Thursday . This is the gun that last week was used to kill ex-deputy Ruslan Yamadayev. This weapon is quite rare and is popular among criminals, specializing in contract killings," - said the agency interlocutor."

izyali_pistolet-pulemet.jpg

MP40: initially I thought this wouldn't fit, but after further research it seems in many areas, it is actually one of the more common submachine guns found.

Here are a couple seized in Europe.

9cf06139050b5ca9c66cfc27ebb16d04.i600x45

oAOpGEl.jpg?1

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of the Saiga-M Semi Automatic Rifle

4279d3b85ca8f6460ed88480c2e47a20.jpg

320557_01_saiga_308_ak_style_semi_auto_r

1934836_02_saiga_308_semi_automatic_rifl

• Like 1

Add the following:

Baikal MP-153: popular shotgun in Russia, across Europe and also North America (was also briefly sold under the name "Remington SPR453")

PPS-43: in terms of submachine guns, seems to be one of the more commonly-seized ones from criminals in Eastern Europe.

This example was seized from a gang's woodland cache in Saransk, Russia.

PP-91 Cedar: seems to be somewhat common in Russia, other countries maybe not so much.

"On Wednesday evening at the Bohr highway, criminal investigation officers detained a resident of the capital, and seized a silenced "Cedar" submachine on Thursday . This is the gun that last week was used to kill ex-deputy Ruslan Yamadayev. This weapon is quite rare and is popular among criminals, specializing in contract killings," - said the agency interlocutor."

MP40: initially I thought this wouldn't fit, but after further research it seems in many areas, it is actually one of the more common submachine guns found.

Here are a couple seized in Europe.

Beans to you man, thats all i can say.  Amazing weapon suggestions and small description of them, i will be able to add a few weapons today if i finish the rest of my work off here soon!

Yeah it looks pretty similar to the Saiga but it's an Kalaschnikow as you can see because it has the vents in the handguard and the gas system that is sitting on top of the barrel is slightly longer and the front of it has more of a curve, than the Saiga

I will have to look further into this firearm later on.  Good suggestion though!  :)

Hah, if i was able to vote, (which i know would not be a good decision), i would most likely end up voting for all of the firearms EXCEPT the Dragunov SVD

Don't plan on adding to much today other than 2 or so firearms and a few fixes.  Many thanks to all of you out there in the community for helping me make this forum noticeable on the Dayz wiki.  Today= Relaxation   :)

Mario Stalin...Don't ask...

Stalin_mario.jpg

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

Now thats better on the voting!

Will be adding the firearms here soon.

Well, take a look on the weapons that will be added list.  Thank you community for giving me more ideas!  It will keep me occupied over the new few days!

Don't plan on adding to much today other than 2 or so firearms and a few fixes.  Many thanks to all of you out there in the community for helping me make this forum noticeable on the Dayz wiki.  Today= Relaxation   :)

Mario Stalin...Don't ask...

Stalin_mario.jpg

Wait, why no SVD?

Wait, why no SVD?

What do you mean?

Looking forward to adding many guns later on today.  Will be back up in 6 hours!  Good night and God Bless!

The Remington 870 is already being added to Dayz, however i do not know if it is the Marines version of the 870.  I think it is more of the common civilian version.  If i did add it, chances are that it would not be considered by them to add another variant.  

The real reason I suggested the military version is because I feel like the "weapon flashlight" needs more use than just for M4's. And shotguns need their military variant too.

Hah, if i was able to vote, (which i know would not be a good decision), i would most likely end up voting for all of the firearms EXCEPT the Dragunov SVD

Sorry...

WHAT! Why no SVD?

Id like to see more guns. However im bit afraid wyhat it will bring with it. As currently it seems to be kinda imbossible to find FNX magazine. Yes i know they should be in fire houses but after few weeks looting even in unlooted firehouses havent yet seen one. I got 2 FNX mags from the guys ive killed tho but they were both ruined after taking few shots from my m4. Anyways im thinking how hard it will come to find right magaszine if you cant even find one even now with just 1 pistol magazine in game. I mean if im looking for FNX magazine and happen to find tokarev magazine instead. Tbh general pistol magazines could work better that would work in all semi auto pistols.

I keep hearing people say that the "really good" military style weapons should only spawn at air fields.  I think that is the worst idea - all you'll see is crap tonnes of camping, even more then now.  Want a military grade weapon?  Good luck, better find a clan that will "let you in" to an airfield to see if you can find one.  I'd rather they have semi-predictable spawns but in unique and far flung locations.  Remember, we're coming into this a ways after Day 0. 

Let's do an example of what I mean:

Let's take the VSS rifle.  It should have a decent spawn chance say in a weapons locker in the police station(s) as well as the police station roof.  But I would also include it in another tower type loot spawn. I mean, if apocalypse broke out and you were a sniper you'd head for high ground.  Maybe at every fire station there is a little mini-story on the top of the tower.  A pool of blood, and a chance at the rifle itself, loose rounds, or a clip.  It is small, but it says someone was sniping up here but the Zeds got to them.  They went down swinging, but probably were overrun while reloading.

I had many similar ideas for other spots.  One was that gray 3-story factory with all the catwalks and enterable roof.  Imagine an impromptu barricade mostly blocking the last set of stairs onto the third floor.  Loot spawn there is ammo or bandages, maybe a shotgun or pistol.  There is a trail of dripping blood that leads from there to the roof, where you find a melee weapon.  It tells a story again of being overrun and making a last stand while bleeding out.

Little things like that would be cool, and help give a reason to push good weapons from centralized/farmed/camped locations.  I'd rather see 10-15 chances to find a single good weapon or good ammo all in different buildings than 2-3 buildings that spawn 10-15 weapons/ammo in the larger cities.

• Like 1

Sorry...

WHAT! Why no SVD?

The SVD is overrated... I don't really like the gun based off of my opinion of it in real life.  I would rather prefer the VSS as it is a silent, but more of a tactical approach to the hostile.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Id like to see more guns. However im bit afraid wyhat it will bring with it. As currently it seems to be kinda imbossible to find FNX magazine. Yes i know they should be in fire houses but after few weeks looting even in unlooted firehouses havent yet seen one. I got 2 FNX mags from the guys ive killed tho but they were both ruined after taking few shots from my m4. Anyways im thinking how hard it will come to find right magaszine if you cant even find one even now with just 1 pistol magazine in game. I mean if im looking for FNX magazine and happen to find tokarev magazine instead. Tbh general pistol magazines could work better that would work in all semi auto pistols.

Yes, i can see where that fear is coming from.  You cannot, however, make a universal magazine for all of the semi-automatic pistols because each one uses a different magazine.  Take a Colt M1911 and a Berreta M92FS handgun for instance, they both use different calibers with the Colt being .45 ACP and the Berreta being 9x19 Parrabellum (9mm).  To have them both use one magazine would be cheap and would not add much to the idea of survival that Dayz Standalone is surely aiming for.  I know how difficult it is to find a magazine for even one handgun right now, but imagine finding separate magazines and you finding a different pistol?  More variety of items= a better world of survival.  The thing about everything being ruined with 2 bullets is a bug currently from what i am hearing from other forums and people.  I hope it gets fixed soon enough, (even though i am a hero and i only shoot the other individual when i feel threatened by their presence. 

I keep hearing people say that the "really good" military style weapons should only spawn at air fields.  I think that is the worst idea - all you'll see is crap tonnes of camping, even more then now.  Want a military grade weapon?  Good luck, better find a clan that will "let you in" to an airfield to see if you can find one.  I'd rather they have semi-predictable spawns but in unique and far flung locations.  Remember, we're coming into this a ways after Day 0. 

Let's do an example of what I mean:

Let's take the VSS rifle.  It should have a decent spawn chance say in a weapons locker in the police station(s) as well as the police station roof.  But I would also include it in another tower type loot spawn. I mean, if apocalypse broke out and you were a sniper you'd head for high ground.  Maybe at every fire station there is a little mini-story on the top of the tower.  A pool of blood, and a chance at the rifle itself, loose rounds, or a clip.  It is small, but it says someone was sniping up here but the Zeds got to them.  They went down swinging, but probably were overrun while reloading.

I had many similar ideas for other spots.  One was that gray 3-story factory with all the catwalks and enterable roof.  Imagine an impromptu barricade mostly blocking the last set of stairs onto the third floor.  Loot spawn there is ammo or bandages, maybe a shotgun or pistol.  There is a trail of dripping blood that leads from there to the roof, where you find a melee weapon.  It tells a story again of being overrun and making a last stand while bleeding out.

Little things like that would be cool, and help give a reason to push good weapons from centralized/farmed/camped locations.  I'd rather see 10-15 chances to find a single good weapon or good ammo all in different buildings than 2-3 buildings that spawn 10-15 weapons/ammo in the larger cities.

Exactly! Excellent point and that is EXACTLY what i am trying to get across to the public here on the community.  The weapon spawns should be in the correct locations where there would of been a place of struggle/fighting during the outbreak or even after it.  The deer stands, of course, would not be a sign of struggle being that they are rather hunting locations.  Large cities should contain more firearms, as the Chernarussians, or other allies (The U.S., United Nations, etc) would of probably quarantined from the public or they would of defended the city from the on coming infected individuals.  The game needs more signs of a struggle, i know there are military bases laying around, but there needs to be police barricades/military barricades or civilian barricades left over still.  To show how they struggled during the outbreak to try and survive.  The small example you gave about the VSS and the sniper was perfect!  I hope to see the game install some of these additions in the future, although time will only tell.

• Like 1

Let's take the VSS rifle. It should have a decent spawn chance say in a weapons locker in the police station(s) as well as the police station roof.

It's not used by any police forces though so it would not spawn there - it is a specialized military weapon - police seem to use 9A-91 instead.

EEM4LiH.jpg?1

jjNWhYP.jpg?1

The SVD is overrated... I don't really like the gun.  VSS all the way!

It's such a common rifle it must be included. And it has different uses than VSS, which is a shorter-ranged weapon most often used within 200 meters.

• Like 1

It's not used by any police forces though so it would not spawn there - it is a specialized military weapon - police seem to use 9A-91 instead.

EEM4LiH.jpg?1

jjNWhYP.jpg?1

It's such a common rifle it must be included. And it has different uses than VSS, which is a shorter-ranged weapon most often used within 200 meters.

Yes, i agree, but i was just sharing my opinion over the Dragunov in real life. The VSS is more of a tactical, medium range engagement rifle, while the Dragunov SVD Rifle takes the roll more of a combat rifle/support rifle than a sniper rifle. What - Karma - was trying to say is that if the military tried to control the town, then most likely the sniper would of taken high ground during the lockdown to secure the perimeter. He would of ended up probably dieing up there from being overwhelmed, thus like - Karma - said, leaving a type of long range engagement rifle down on the ground where he succumbed to the infected. The SVD, i agree should be included but in my original post i was not saying that it should not be included. The 9A91 is a widely used firearm used by many Russian police forces and i already have half of a description typed up for it on Word. Thanks for sharing your views!

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Added the RGD-5 Hand Grenade