mattlightfoot

Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.34.115106

seriously?

I think his point is that there are more important issues to attend right now than giving players tents and other features like that. The game is still very unstable, so no wonder it isnt their first priority.

• Like 1

I resolved my fps issues simply by abandoning everything I had on me and running away, this fps drop is somehow connected to your gear, that you had before the patch.. So throw everything away or just kill your avatar.

I resolved my fps issues simply by abandoning everything I had on me and running away, this fps drop is somehow connected to your gear, that you had before the patch.. So throw everything away or just kill your avatar.

I am still having this issue, and I started playing AFTER the latest patch. So I am not sure how you manged to resolve it by doing what you did. However, I did play for 6 hours and 25 minutes with a friend yesterday evening/night. After we found a s***load of items on a dead player, we both started getting these fps drops at the same time. So I think its related to items somehow as you say. The issue has been assigned to a dev, so hopefully there will be a fix for it shortly. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8477

Edit:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172851-reddit-mattlightfoot-on-fps-drop-is-caused-by-pre-115106-gear/

Seems to confirm this issue is caused by gear. But I still wouldnt recommend that you throw away important stuff. Id rather wait and keep my tons of ammo :P

Edited by SeverinDK

Rocket already put on twitter that they are working on it and it's of the highest priority. Abandoning your gear does NOT help whatsoever, as other players or loot in your vicinity also affects your fps. Especially in bigger cities obviously.

Just wait for the fix, until then, we can discuss this, but the fact remains that we just have to sit back and wait for the fix, or submit your bug reports if you really feel like to help out.

i was in cherno after cawling for 2 hours to find some morphine cause i broke my leg, i took morphine and ran to the cherno firestation, i killed like 5 zombies with my 95 Rifle and then i heard a M4 go off shooting in the distance, so i went to the top of the Firestation and used the ladder bug to get to the roof, i laid down so noboddy could see me and crawled on the roof behind the concreat wall of the roof and looked around to see where the M4 Guy was.

without warning or bullets fired i suddenly got a Black screen "You Are Dead"

i was like  ... HUH???  What the Hell?

i did definetly Not get shot, i didnt even see the enemy and he didnt see me.

so what the hell?

is this a active bug that you suddenly die after using morphine?

You probably got mosined in the face. It's really easy from some vantage points. Sometimes you wont hear the shot, youre just dead. Had this tested with a friend of mine.

very true. you can not see every angle :-P I have piped a few guys on the fire station.. then I took their stuff mwahahahaha

Had the very same happen to me in Elektro firestation yesterday. Didnt hear a shot, but suddenly I was just dead. Seems like there is a bit of a sound issue in there :P Gonna see if there is a report about it, otherwise I'll post one.

Edit: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=5585

But probably not a first priority issue.

Edited by SeverinDK

@fps drop:

I think this ist connected to some issues with the skins of some items.

I read from other players, the had frame drops, looke in their inventory, saw some items "flickering", droped them, ran away and suddenly their fps increased again.

Some other players said, they changed the server and the flickering was gone. Other players said, they changed server and other items flickered, leading to fps drops.

As far as I can tell, the dev team is on it and works for a solution.

@Aruze:

I think it is possible to die from a bullet without hearing it (bug / feature? I don't know). And if I remember correctly, the "wall" on top of the firestation is lowered / broken on one side and this one is facing the sniper hill.

But this is wildly speculative and it could be just another bug, that killed you.

well the bullet travels faster than the speed of sound. if you're shot in the head then you wouldn't hear it. hopefully they miss the first time and then you will know your eventual death is coming

Edited by ministelis

Tents I'm sure wil be brought once they fix these duplication glitches going on. By the way do the devs know that if you [snip]

Edited by Max Planck
Report exploits please, don't share them on the forum.

Firestation rooftops are the first things I check in Electro and Cherno... It's probably one of the most obvious spots to hide.

Okay, I wanna do a little update on my previous post. I was playing at 25-30 fps stable and all of a sudden fps dropped to below 10. Second after that it started raining. 2 or 3 minutes later the rain stopped and 5 second after that my fps came back to 25-30.

So yeah, in my case it's probably the new weather that causes the fps drops.

Weather certainly is not the cause. No drop in FPS before or after nor during rain.

• Like 1

Tents I'm sure wil be brought once they fix these duplication glitches going on. By the way do the devs know that if you log out while holding a secondary weapon the item gets duplicated? It's really that easy I don't even wanna do it and it does, so imagine ppl who are doing it on purpose.

search and see if the bug is already submitted. if not then submit it :-)

i was in cherno after cawling for 2 hours to find some morphine cause i broke my leg, i took morphine and ran to the cherno firestation, i killed like 5 zombies with my 95 Rifle and then i heard a M4 go off shooting in the distance, so i went to the top of the Firestation and used the ladder bug to get to the roof, i laid down so noboddy could see me and crawled on the roof behind the concreat wall of the roof and looked around to see where the M4 Guy was.

without warning or bullets fired i suddenly got a Black screen "You Are Dead"

i was like  ... HUH???  What the Hell?

i did definetly Not get shot, i didnt even see the enemy and he didnt see me.

so what the hell?

is this a active bug that you suddenly die after using morphine?

thers a bug if u lay down too long on that roof u get portet over the corner... as reportet here... http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=8044

i hope more vote this bug up otherwise we have it in the final too...

firehousetowers killed my char now 5 times... on empty servers...

Edited by quantum2k6

Tents I'm sure wil be brought once they fix these duplication glitches going on. (removed)

I have made a private report about this on the bugtracker this morning, please edit your post so other people can't see it, and also don't report things like this in the public view of the bugtracker or forum, make it private.

Edited by GungZA

well the bullet travels faster than the speed of sound. if you're shot in the head then you wouldn't hear it. hopefully they miss the first time and then you will know your eventual death is coming

normally i would agree, but there is a issue with the sound. a friend of me lied 5 metres away from me was shooting with the mosin and i heard no weapon sounds from him.

• Like 2

This is definitely correct. I have a thread going here if anyone would like to contribute. There is some new info out there that it may only be "badly damaged" pre patch stuff. I wasn't able to test every item. Are the devs going to comment on this soon? No rush, there's just a lot of speculation going on right now.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172768-how-i-fixed-fps/page-2

• Like 1

The lag has got to be caused by the flickering items in inventory , or the servers you guys are on. I only experience it when I first join a server with connection issues or if , and this may be a coincidence , but whenever I notice an item flickering in my inventory I start to lag.

Here are the latest updates from Twitter from Dean Hall.

Edited by SeverinDK
  • Like 5

Awesome.....! fix that lag and I will be happy!.... :thumbsup:

After watching the FPS drop Rocket had on his stream, when he got near a certain player, I took note. Later that night I was playing on a fairly populated server but was way up north beyond the rail line, and noticed a sudden FPS drop when approaching a farm area with garages. I am always on alert but with Dean's stream in mind, I thought it strange I had this sudden and rather huge drop in FPS (from 60+ to 30)...so I though perhaps there is a player about. Sure enough a few minutes later I was shot at by a lone player...I managed to nail him once with my magnum then took refuge in a large shed. My fps eventually went back to normal and I got the hell out of there....

Anyway this just to say, other players with bugged gear are causing FPS issues for sure. Too much of a coincidence for it to be anything else

Edited by Irenicus