rocket

Critical Unplanned Update of 0.34 to Stable 7 February 2014

YES. The game to seem to have a serious memory leak. The fps drops more and more and more over time. Until the game totally freezes.

This happens on both AMD and Nvidia Cards. Me myself have a GFX 680 and 6 core intel cpu with asus rampage IV extreme. So it is definently not hardware related.

It is the patch. Something is wrong with it.

lol i said this like 30 min ago. i watched task manager on second monitor and this is what i saw. At launch 100,000 (normal) and climb quickly to 500,000k. at this point it would climb at a rate of 400k a second to around 800,000k here it would rise at a rate of about 150k a second up to 1,200,000k at which point it instantly froze and continued to climb slowly to 1,209,488

Edit: OH and one more thing, it would climb faster when looking at stary sobor than when looking away. (400k a second at stary vs 150 some looking away)

Edited by the6thmartin

So there I was minding my own business and looting inside the police house. I was on the second floor and suddenly my pants went ruined and apparently my legs were smashed since I couldnt walk anymore. And to all haters out there no I didnt get shot or anything I was just there looting at North west airfield police station and suddenly my legs were totally smashed. These patches just seem to be fucking the game up more than making progress. Its always nice to spend another hour running back there. Thanks alot DayZ :)

• Like 1

Damn, I had one of those "crash and burn" type memory-leaks last night while playing on the experimental build - my fps was dropping to about 4-5 and then DayZ was "not responding" in the task manager with memory usage over 1.5gb.   Haven't tested the stable build from today's update, but it sounds like the memory issue is still there :(

I can seem to dl the new update, its stuck on 0.34.115077, intried restarting computer but that did not work, any ideas people?

Good to see the important stuff has priority. ;) Nice update, keep it up.

Yep, except for you know, being able to actually loot at night without broadcasting your position to anyone within 2000 meters of your building.

I'll keep adding links to this, I've followed these guides and get 40-50 fps regularly. I have an i7 overclocked to 4.09 and two 760s in SLI. Though DayZ isn't set up to use SLI currently as far as I understand. The dayzpvp link has edits for the cfg and profile files but the site seems to be down at the moment.

http://www.dayzpvp.com/ultimate-dayz-graphics-settings-and-tweaks-guide/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156423-dayz-standalone-graphic-guide-for-better-fps/

EDIT: Also, by turning clouds to low I was able to get and extra 10 fps!!

thanks but  your tweak guide links appears to not lead anywhere, just sayin the other one is good tho thanks ;)

I have to correct what I said before, the "quick fix" with changing the values doesn't really fix the problem with the fps drop, it just delays it.

thanks but  your tweak guide links appears to not lead anywhere, just sayin the other one is good tho thanks ;)

There page seems to be down for now. Sorry about that.

Confirm not fixed for me  PLEASE WAIT.   Your dead.   Please wait... uncounsion,  Please wait...

• Like 1

Same for me, tried tweaking my graphics settings, but game starts running beautifully, then over several minutes stuttering and jittering gets worse and worse til it just pauses/crashes. have to ctrl+alt+dlt and then restart computer.

Can confirm. Was running Silky smooth before this patch. FPS dropped and Laggy as hell. Game stutters now. Run 15 steps. stop jump forward 4 more. Ugh.

I know Dean and his Team are on top of this and other problems. More so than any other developer has ever been in my experience. Just killed gameplay for me with Todays patch. Hope it gets sorted soon. I've got nearly 50 hours into this Character and I refuse to let stuttering be the death of me. When this one Dies. It will be by my own hands or those of a Bandit with a well placed shot.

Edited by Tuktanuk
  • Like 1

please try and help us soon with battleye errors. some of us just purchased early access and seem to be unable to play on battleye servers do to (manual and auto) update process not working correctly. i have manually updated, reinstalled, gone to experimental then back to stable, given permissions, and much more to try to fix it. i know its alpha so i understand theres issues but id love to start testing for you guys!

Web pr0n - It screws your PC while you screw yourself...

Well this will be on top priority for next patch.

Looks like we finally got a patch that toally breaks the game :)

tbh: I expected to happen that much earlier.

• Like 1

Runnign 2-3 our full geared my char after you are dead with no reason.Ok respawn ...not working ...logout login you are dead...respawn 30sec to respawn...3..2..1. you are dead....gg n1....

and it isn't even fixed, you still recieve the you are dead mesage after you respawn even when dead...

• Like 1

I have also the feeling the performance is slightly better. Memory leak for sure as i observed it in taskmanager. After approx 1 1/2 hour i had about 1.5gb of my RAM used but didnt crashed so far. Wasnt in the big coastal cities to check and compare performance and RAM-usage there.

Games unplayable now.

Constant frame drops to 15 fps in towns ect...

yeh i had said like 3 hours ago when people where trying a quick fix i said it was memory leak. game starts at 100,000k and crashes at 1,200,000k in 10 min. the quick fix gets you an extra 10 min.