rocket

Critical Unplanned Update of 0.34 to Stable 7 February 2014

What version did stable update to? Same as the current experimental change log that was edited by rocket?

some servers are already up with the new update. i respawn on different spots on any server in join. my prepatch character is gone. are characters generally being wiped in this patch? or can i expect my character not to be lost?

• Like 1

I've lost all my loot AGAIN only because of these surprise updates :/. i hope ther is a way of getting them back because i firstly was really alot of loot, and secondly i dont want to be looting all day long all the time knowing every update resets my character again -.-

some servers are already up with the new update. i respawn on different spots on any server in join. my prepatch character is gone. are characters generally being wiped in this patch? or can i expect my character not to be lost?

Same here.

now i died 4 times in a row because of bugs and fails.

I hate this.

I understand, it's Alpha.

but when i die, i want it to happen "fair", and not because of a fail.

You join a new server and get the message:

Can't contact the central hive (or so), the new character will maybe overwrite your old one.

MAN.

no question like "Would you like to take the risk? [Yes] [No]". just the message an *blup*

EDIT:

"Servers were pointing to the wrong database.... Don't worry, characters are fine, we're restarting the system with correct db connections"

(Dean via Twitter)

The characters will be "reset", nothing is lost

Edited by irishroy

Actually there are only 12 Servers up (including locked test servers). Connecting not possible for some reason ("Connecting failed" message). Servers and Client are on 115106.

Just because server is up doesn't mean it's connected to hive. Dont you people know by now to wait awhile after update to join so the hive is back up too jesus christ

So, I just went in-game after the auto-patch on steam to see only 4 servers (Yes I'm on the stable/original client not experimental). I'm not 100% sure, but does that mean the other servers have shut down for updating and will be on later today/tonight?

but when i die, i want it to happen "fair", and not because of a fail.

Then wait until the final release is done.

So, I just went in-game after the auto-patch on steam to see only 4 servers (Yes I'm on the stable/original client not experimental). I'm not 100% sure, but does that mean the other servers have shut down for updating and will be on later today/tonight?

Yes, it has been posted in this very same thread a couple of times already.. Edited by Malibuz0r

I think it may be helpful to put the entire changelog in this thread. There seems to be a bit of confusion among the folks who haven't been up with social media/reddit as to whether the changelog from the Experimental 34.xxxxxx thread is included in this stable patch or not.

Just wanted to show some appreciation, many thanks!

Simply amazing the speed at which this is being patched/updated and listening to the community where it counts.

Thanks again.

Makes my nipples go hard when Rocket experiments in the laboratory. Sorta like the anticipation before the Millennium Falcon jumps to light speed.

Jokes aside man, excellent game.

Edited by zaphodity
  • Like 1

and if it happens, it's not bad.

characters will be re-loaded.

What causes these "bugs" ?

How can a machine/software start doing things independently of a human operator. I thought software was like hitting enter on a .exe file. That being that it only performs a task it's written to perform, with no exceptions. Even reading from a sheet of music, if you're off one chord, the whole song is ruined. DayZ must be like Jazz. Construction happens in situ, Dayz happens impromptu.

I have a Civil Engineering background as a CAD operator.

Sorry, I don't understand. It's SCIENCE BITCH it's supposed to work.

DayZ has some serious Skynet shit going down Rocket. DayZ is self aware.

Edited by zaphodity

You join a new server and get the message:

Can't contact the central hive (or so), the new character will maybe overwrite your old one.

MAN.

no question like "Would you like to take the risk? [Yes] [No]". just the message an *blup*

When this happens and you are reset just log out quickly and wait a few minutes, as long as you're not playing a reset toon when the server you are on connects to a database you won't be reset. I haven't been reset since I started doing this and have saved myself from 3 or 4 resets with this method. I know servers occasionally loose connection to the hive for a short time, though this wasn't the issue on this occasion.

I look very carefully for the you feel thirsty message and the sound of the ocean when I log in and watch my taskbar for the right items in the quick slots, any of this isn't right, I book it out of that server quick smart.

• Like 1

I look very carefully for the you feel thirsty message and the sound of the ocean when I log in and watch my taskbar for the right items in the quick slots, any of this isn't right, I book it out of that server quick smart.

thanks for tip, man, thanks!

Has anone else the problem to hang at the "please wait" screen after joining and seeing the players list?

Edited by Fafner

I do..

when connect to the server, in red is writing something about uptodate error but to qucik for read..

dark

I understand, it's Alpha.

I hear a lot of people say this, but I'm not sure they really understand anything about Alpha.

• Like 1

I hear a lot of people say this, but I'm not sure they really understand anything about Alpha.

the fact, that you will have to deal with bugs, glitches, resets, etc.. So actually you bought a very early version of the game, and contribute to building up the game?

But still, it's annoying to die because of bugs. Because i only got killed 3 times in the whole time, but ~4 times by bugs.