rocket

Critical Unplanned Update of 0.34 to Stable 7 February 2014

The whole "drop your prepatch gear" hoopla is a complete lie, a myth, and at the same time, the worst BS i have heard my entire life.

I didnt even need to test anything to know that all of this is being conjured by the fanciful minds of people with no actual understanding of what a memory leak even is.

I have died twice since the patch. New characters each time. New servers each time. The latest I even felt bored and found a freshly restarted empty server.

Guess what... THE LAG STILL HAPPENS THERE TOO!

So to all the geniusses out there, claiming that people need to throw anything away: Shutup. By propagating these myths and BS fixes/solutions, you instantly make yourself about as useful as a fart in a perfume factory.

REAL SOLUTION?

Wait for a fix from Devs. The end.

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/432812456545492992

Edited by ministelis

Same here, i5 2500K and Gtx 760 OC. My 760 it's not used at all and the game goes to 1-2 FPS and it stutters so much. It's unplayable. PLEASE remove this patch and fix this issue.

We are working on fixing this as we speak, if you have crashes please can you upload your RPT, dump files and CFG files to the feedback tracker and PM me with a link to it please. RPT files and dump files can be located C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\DayZ\ and the CFG file can be located C:\Users\Documents\DayZ

So the files we would like are;

DayZ.RPT

DayZ.bidmp

DayZ.mdmp

DayZ.CFG

Lets try an solve, me for example it happened at the north east airfield, really bad down to minus 5 fps ut as I say my gfx card wasn't being utilized, so it wasn't processing at all, if that's a clue, only 20% max fps, but if I stood behind the cell building on the bottom south east corner, an I stood on the south side of this I was back upto 60, as soon as I moved from there no gfx use, I have a NVidia 670 if this helps an a 4.7ghz i5 , is it only NVidia or amd aswell

Please see above

the quick fix lasted me another 10 min but i do think it is a memory leak. when i start the game its around 500k to 800k in task manager but it climbs to like 1,500,000k when it crashes.

i should add my graphics card load is not high.

I've pmed you but also see above please

YES. The game to seem to have a serious memory leak. The fps drops more and more and more over time. Until the game totally freezes.

This happens on both AMD and Nvidia Cards. Me myself have a GFX 680 and 6 core intel cpu with asus rampage IV extreme. So it is definently not hardware related.

It is the patch. Something is wrong with it.

Please see first reply

Damn, I had one of those "crash and burn" type memory-leaks last night while playing on the experimental build - my fps was dropping to about 4-5 and then DayZ was "not responding" in the task manager with memory usage over 1.5gb.   Haven't tested the stable build from today's update, but it sounds like the memory issue is still there :(

Please can you provide the above files

Serious performance issues here as well. Mostly just stuttering, which did not happen in experimental or previous stable patches.

Please can you see the above and provide the files if possible.

Can confirm. Was running Silky smooth before this patch. FPS dropped and Laggy as hell. Game stutters now. Run 15 steps. stop jump forward 4 more. Ugh.

I know Dean and his Team are on top of this and other problems. More so than any other developer has ever been in my experience. Just killed gameplay for me with Todays patch. Hope it gets sorted soon. I've got nearly 50 hours into this Character and I refuse to let stuttering be the death of me. When this one Dies. It will be by my own hands or those of a Bandit with a well placed shot.

Please see the above and if you can provide the required files.

If anyone has crashing and can provide these files please e-mail me them ASAP to matt.lightfoot@bistudio.com so we can fix it. The more we have the better. Thank you all.

• Like 9

So I tested the experimental version in which they already applied the fix, and it's working great again! I'm so happy, and I can't wait until they roll it out on wednesday.

• Like 1

So I tested the experimental version in which they already applied the fix, and it's working great again! I'm so happy, and I can't wait until they roll it out on wednesday.

I can confirm this as well, played myself. I went into big cities to check the FPS and it seemed back to normal had no drops or crashes.

I can confirm this as well, played myself. I went into big cities to check the FPS and it seemed back to normal had no drops or crashes.

Hmm thought this fix will be implemented Tuesday latest but I guess it's waiting for today's (Wednesday) maintenance window?

No this thing is still happening. The Memory Leaks got worse when the patch that presumably fixed a bug which actually made it alot worse. The dozen people I play with are actively avoiding DayZ until this is fixed.

To clarify, nobody I knew was experiencing the respawn bug until the patch was released to 'Fix' it. I believe there was a confusion between reporting the bug on Stable servers instead of Experimental. Then came the second patch to 'Fix' the respawn bug which then introduced a Memory Leak in high-loot areas such as Elektro, Balota, Cherno and the North-West airbase, and as we have lovingly dubbed, Somolia (The hell-hole of Apartments north of Cherno)

Edited by Loh

Yep. Just go play on the experimental if you wanna enjoy no fps loss. It won't be long till they fix the stable branch and we can all resume our "normal" "test". ^_^

Ive clocked up 57 hours since I bought the game last Friday  -will be weird not playing in 'slideshow mode'. Hopefully they'll fix the disappearing floor/wall bug next?  

i´ve had people using the texture flickering bug as a weapon... when they  stack up 8 flickering   pipsi cokes  in front of the school  @ electro, so people are mstly instantly crashing and they are easier to "handle" -> then lootable   

very interesting use of the bug... very interesting to watch people doing this.... from a safe distance   :D

• Like 1

i´ve had people using the texture flickering bug as a weapon... when they  stack up 8 flickering   pipsi cokes  in front of the school  @ electro, so people are mstly instantly crashing and they are easier to "handle" -> then lootable   

very interesting use of the bug... very interesting to watch people doing this.... from a safe distance   :D

Ha ha really? amazing what people think off!

New meaning the the words, "bug trap"

• Like 1

:lol: 

You see with things like this you've just got to laugh then appreciate the sneakiness of it all. Much rather be taken out by an "intelligent" use of a glitch than from out and out hacking.

That said it is a tactic (loosely anyway) that has been used for millennia. The (ancient) Greeks used reflective shields angled in a certain way so that when their enemies reached a specific location they would be blinded by the sunlight reflecting off them, leaving them open to slaughter. 

We are working on fixing this as we speak, if you have crashes please can you upload your RPT, dump files and CFG files to the feedback tracker and PM me with a link to it please. RPT files and dump files can be located C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\DayZ\ and the CFG file can be located C:\Users\Documents\DayZ

So the files we would like are;

DayZ.RPT

DayZ.bidmp

DayZ.mdmp

DayZ.CFG

SIMPLE QUESTION:  how SHOULD i be able to send in some files (i really would) - if the game doesnt crash  - can anyone help me with this?!   

---

and what is this   "feedback tracker" ?  :blush: 

Edited by vR4w

Well I'm now having the problem of the "you are unconscious" or "you are dead" screen cycle where I cant respawn into a playable character. It just happened today for the first time so was this patch supposed to fix that issue or did I misread above?