rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Could i please get the ip of a Test server because i am not finding any on the server list.

Thanks 

rofl dude took time to create acc to post this, but didnt bother to search for answer.

• Like 2

Fixing the axe making the bullet ricochet noise would be great.

Making doors make a noise when they open and close would be good.

Footsteps of other players, I can't hear them, is that just me? Different levels of noise would be good, creeping around barefoot should be silent until you stand on a 3 pin plug!

There are a lot of problems with sounds still. I don't know if it's possible to have the doors make noise, but that's very high on my list. You can already hear the footsteps of other players, though, but you have to be very, very close and have your sound turned up high. Needs to be a little more audible, at least for running on hard surfaces. I tested this on an asphalt road, an I could barely hear my buddy running past me at 1m or so.

I have also noticed, like many others in this thread, that the log houses have no loot, ever. Nor do the smaller barns, although the white, three-level barns now have lots of good loot!

Looks like a very good patch, by the way. But I'm still convinced that the "berries" are just a troll attempt - they're not in the game!

• Like 4

Has anybody noticed messages at startup of Dayz, randomly informing about inabilty to load working gloves or other items? and the servers all being unavailable (big red cross instead of green dot)? It´s weird, I think it is my client. I am on stable branch. I played yesterday Tuesday 28 and just now after midnight on Thursday 30 Jan this is happening.

Anybody having the same or similar issues just now?

I have had  that message about failure to load working gloves at startup of the game on the experimental build when i tried launching earlier. It was a little weird. I wonder if they know about it.

That's the purpose of experimental. To test out these changes and see how we feel about them.

Regarding the "sever hopping" penalties... could there be a server that offers no loot, no death, no injuries, that can be used SOLELY for testing graphic settings/bug testing?  I've entered and exited several servers many times repeatedly in order to test certain graphic settings and/or game recorder software and I'd hate to be penalized for that, since I don't "server hop" for gain, but simply to test. 

• Like 1

server hopping fix.... simple... respawn the loot in another area when the loot is picked up... stop making it reset on server restart.... :'(  

This was a bad idea from the start... the way that loot worked in the mod was perfectly fine... -_-

There is defenetely no loot spawning in the wooden block houses and the green and red wooden  houses ( the ones with the stairs outside)

just sayin :-)

PS would be nice to find some  hunting gear on deer stands ...

Gave you my beans good sir, tents would be soooo goood too, think it will be months delayed tough :(

- Zombies: Different types of Military zombies now have tougher attack values and improved durability

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this.

That's what a zombie apocalypse is all about: zombies actually being a threat!
  • Like 1

boooo!!! all updates just sux!

dayz for now suck!

one shot and ur dead no matter full blood or alittle! in mod u could survive longer. i dont care alpha,beta,gama or zeta! i wanna play dayz, not effing die in one secound! give us better updates!!!!!!!!!

DAT GUY ! PLEASE, DONT BE DAT GUY !!!

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank You!

Was hoping the silencer sound for the FNX would be fixed. But I can wait.

It's gonna be pretty sweet to silently take out zombies!

For the M4 too, please !

• Like 3

Can't wait for this to hit.  Good to see lots of bugs getting fixed!  And the battle against combat loggers/server hoppers begins!

Edited by StandingCow
  • Like 4

server hopping fix.... simple... respawn the loot in another area when the loot is picked up... stop making it reset on server restart.... :'(  

This was a bad idea from the start... the way that loot worked in the mod was perfectly fine... -_-

It's not an idea, or the idea at all. Loot respawning is only paused, as is zombie respawning, until they get the server performance ironed out. It will respawn with a later patch.

Items spawn in these places, they are just rare and/or other people find the area first and loot it.

I have to respectively disagree - I have never found loot in a large variety of houses. I have stopped checking them due to this and whenever I decide to take a peek there is nothing, even if the town is fresh

• Like 11

Nope

Items spawn in these places, they are just rare and/or other people find the area first and loot it.

To reiterate what many have said, loot does NOT spawn ever in certain houses. Log cabins, some green roofed houses where you enter upstairs and a few other places

• Like 2

I have to respectively disagree - I have never found loot in a large variety of houses. I have stopped checking them due to this and whenever I decide to take a peek there is nothing, even if the town is fresh

I am going to second this, already have a mental note of buildings to check and those NOT. Some houses such as that dark wood log cabin never have

anything inside, I believe the green/red house is the same, the barn with either manure or hay also comes up empty, the storage sheds now also have no 

items to loot.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any new posts about whether or not people are still stuck on the "you are dead" screen and they lose everything in the stable version. Has that been fixed yet or is this AM patch happening later? I don't even want to play DayZ right now because I don't want to lose everything that I worked for.

This is true. I've found myself not even entering towns at times because I know there isn't going to be much loot. Or at least worthwhile loot.

Dont misunderstand me :)

Basiclly we need a system against server hopping and especially aginst combat logging. But i think these systems shouldn't be tested until the loot respawn is fixed.Cause if you grab a sever which is sucked out of all loot and you are looking for a server which just restarts... you may get a penalty... and that would suckt imho...

To all about this.

"there is no loot", you are not ment to stay in the NWAF and go "hurrrdurr no loot in barraxxx, lets hop.. Rocket why u no fix lootzz??" and change server to where its not looted yet. And someone "fixed" someone with "running 15mins to find loot is lame", no its not... its lame to assume that you can find loot in one or two nearest towns... dayz is a bitch, and should be. I havent had any problems with full pop server with finding basic loot, food etc. Stop whining people and move inland.

No one should be changing server so frequently that even minute timer would be an issue, there just aint reason for it.

I have never found anything in the little wooden houses,the ones with two rooms and one door. Never,ever....ever. But the military tents are a far more important spawn point than some random houses. I am looking forward to what loot we'll get in the police station.

Not spawning loot is true. But military tents are more important than regular loot spawns... thats not.

IMO someone who would say that is the "gear up and pvp" type of deal, maybe with touch of a server hopper :)

• Like 7