RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Well, this is the "best" response I have yet to here from BE.  But when will it actually show up in game, that's the only METRIC that matters.  Saying you're the best and actually proving it are two completely different animals.  Trust is a TWO WAY STREET.  Prove you are the best and critics like me tend to just melt away into the gaming ether as we no longer can criticize you if cheating is kept to a minimum.

Sable, here's an idea, and one I'm sure you guys have thought of, why not offer a reward to coders who defeat your mechanism?  Use some kind of scale for the payouts based on the type of cheat/hack that circumvents the anti-cheat mechanism?  Fight back with a few bucks, other companies have been very successful with this methodology and even Microsoft has had terrible security holes patched up using this method.

The numbers on this work as it is cheaper to pay for the knowledge from the many, rather than R&D/QA within your own company.

You can maintain silence on your methods, but the hackers DO NOT.  They openly discuss said methods in forums worldwide, and then compile them into engines so the average joe gamer can pay them a recurring figure to keep cheating, and keep making money.  A reward system or just outright hiring one of the programmers to bring the hammer down would be the most economical and smart way to improve your own business model.

easier to say you are the best and say massive amount of hacker banned and when asked to show proof of ban just say cant disclose because hacker will learn so just trust us cuz we are the 'good guys'

while hackers have fun in dayz

when bohemia ask wtf battleye doing just ban a few players and say they hack to collect more contract money from bohemia

when innocent players msg battleye why ban just say have proof of hacking so rebuy game pls.

god i wish i own an anti cheat company. i have to do literally nothing to get the money rolling

easier to say you are the best and say massive amount of hacker banned and when asked to show proof of ban just say cant disclose because hacker will learn so just trust us cuz we are the 'good guys'

while hackers have fun in dayz

when bohemia ask wtf battleye doing just ban a few players and say they hack to collect more contract money from bohemia

when innocent players msg battleye why ban just say have proof of hacking so rebuy game pls.

god i wish i own an anti cheat company. i have to do literally nothing to get the money rolling

While I do legitimately question what BE actually does, as we see little proof in game, I think you're being disingenuous in your statements here.  I'm not defending BE, I have no reason to, but this discussion should be to engage them in their practices and shed some light on what they actually do.  I don't believe they are a greedy, evil corporation just sucking up development money.  They serve a purpose, but all of this cloak-and-dagger, we can't tell you what our methods are is complete nonsense, and these kind of statements while not helpful, just go to show you what that "let's keep it all a secret" mindset actually does to a company.

BE is not the NSA for crying out loud, and the hacks they try to reduce are pretty public and easy to find, or buy.  It seems that if they would be more forthcoming with information, not details, per se, but information on what hacks they actually fix, even if it is a week or two after they put the fix in place, they would do more for their image as well as assure the gaming community that their work is legitimate... that's how you build trust, not by saying "You have to trust me." "We're the best at what we do, you have to believe that."

I'm not calling Sable or anyone that works with BE liars, I'm simply stating the fact that you cannot call yourself the best if you have nothing to show.  Proof is in pudding, and the DayZ cheating proof tastes a lot more like soured cream than ice cream.

I challenge BE to give a weekly status report on their efforts, it doesn't have to be detailed, but an overview of what they accomplished last week and what they have on their agenda for next would go along way to establish some kind of communication with the community, perhaps knock off some of the vitriol being spread about, and help misunderstandings about what it is the company actually does.

Look at this:

erh0si.jpg

That image shows the status of cheats for a popular cheating engine.... when DayZ Standalone shows DOWN for good, they have done their job, and we will know it.  It is really sad for me to sit here and say paid for cheating developers are more transparent than the anti-cheating development companies.

Edited by bubba42

Stopped back in to see what was up. Thank you for the official responses, It's good to know people are at least listening and aware, and I know I hope that some progress gets made and this game that I love becomes fun to play again. Otherwise, there will be no one left playing but the cheaters.

Sable, let me just say thanks for actually taking the time to read what's being said in here and responding...at least you have the decency to inform us of what's going on and trying to combat the problem.

I dont blame BE, and yeah you are right in what you highlighted in a previous post...VAC should be responsible too (not you're exact words) but I agree.

I dont think you should be the one that's held accountable for the hacking status...anticheats can only be as good or as strong as the game code they protect. People seem to be pointing the finger at you and because your the only one here thats defending your product.

The blame here should be in the BI dev teams hands, the restrictions inplace for admins is the reason cheaters roam freely and do as they please. VAC needs more frequent ban waves and security holes in the game needs patched. Until then, admins need the ability via tools to properly scrutinise logs and files to find duped gear, speed hacks, god modes, wallhacks and added items etc and deal with the offender accordingly!

I still think at this point those tools will be used to "scrutinize" everyone and take away from the game more than benefit it.

I'm just speculating, but I'm pretty sure the developers have a good reason why they have not released better admin tools up to this point.  I have skimmed over several other threads in suggestions about the lack of efficient admin tools and have not found an official answer.  Lets do some math though and feel free to correct me if my numbers are off.  Say it costs $100 dollars to rent a server for a month and lets say there are two thousand rented servers for a year of run time(I could be rounding up) that is about $2.4mil.  Well the game already sold 2 million copies and if you multiply that by just $2 a copy(I spent $30 dollars on my copy), it is still way more than admins have spent renting servers up to this point.  So you see, all the ball kissing has already been done, you pushed the big red button just the same as the rest of us, so welcome to crowd sourced testing and the thread where we discuss/complain the current hacking status in dayzsa.  I would love to see an official reason why admins have had shotty tools or a promise of when to expect admins to be banning me for killing them, looting their airfield, expressing my opinion, etc. etc. etc.

I would rather developers focus their efforts on correcting the software exploits rather than making sure that you have the ability to ban and report what they already know.  Besides we both know that you are here angling for support for your suggestion for admin tools which is why you won't continue to discuss the negative impact this could have on the level of immersion of an experience that has not been fully revealed to us.  It's like you're talking in the middle of a movie, it's not about you sssshhhhhhh.

Just got hit by that stupid "teleport everyone to the Vybor bridge" hack. And I know it was a hack because there was some guy (not a black woman" zipping around wasting us all with an M4.

This is stupid.

Just got hit by that stupid "teleport everyone to the Vybor bridge" hack. And I know it was a hack because there was some guy (not a black woman" zipping around wasting us all with an M4.

This is stupid.

Actually, it's a bug that hackers are exploiting, supposed to be fix in .49  Hackers simply have someone setup at the Vybor bridge, exploit the bug, and then grenade or M4 everyone as they show up en mass.

So you are claiming with regular game files anyone can cause this exploit?

Please show me proof of this.

You are claiming it to be a hack !

Let me make things clear here...

Some of you are posting nonsensical gibberish, others are making posts that amount to harassment and others clear defamation.

This will stop.

We have rules and they will be applied.

If you have nothing constructive to submit, do not post.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

So you are claiming with regular game files anyone can cause this exploit?

Please show me proof of this.

It was posted by Hicks on Twitter... here's the reddit followup:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2fcmzc/another_perspective_of_this_thunderdome_vybor/ck816ng

It's a bug, and hackers purposefully exploit it sending every one to the default spawn point (VYBOR BRIDGE),someone pops out with a grenade or M4 with hacked ammo and kills everyone else, it's pretty well documented, but it's being fixed quickly.

I don't understand what is so hard to believe?

This does remind me of the SUMMONS hack in the mod.. anybody else remember those days when you were suddenly teleported TO the hacker, who then killed you instantly.  Yeah, I do, guess what was the number one cheating engine that did that?  Same one I have been referring to in my above posts.  Over a year and a half and BE has no answer to that program and others like it.  How can that Cheat Engine still be viable since BE has known about it all this time? I mean if you claim to be the best at what you do, and these cheaters claim to be the best at what they do... who really is the best here?

Edited by bubba42
  • Like 1

And got killed by a hacker again!Its not the slow updates that are gonna kill the game its gonna be the hacks someone just ran up on me and my squad and we all magically threw our weapons isnt that just shit.WTF is the purpose of these hacks but to troll and destroy progress?Im gonna take a break ive defended and DEFENDED THIS GAME But now im seeing warz alllll over again every single night i log in with my clanmates and every night we encounter at least one pos hacker who has little to no skill whatsoever in playing games.

• Like 1

There's nothing more disappointing than being in a building with the door shut for 20+ minutes where it's IMPOSSIBLE to know you were there, have the server reboot, log back in, wait 5 minutes (still in the same room with the door shut, never having moved) and then hear "Survivor, drop you weapon." I was like, LOL, he's talking to someone else. Then I hear again, "Survivor, drop you weapon!" I ignore it again because it's impossible, the room I'm in doesn't even have windows to see me, there's NO WAY anyone can know I'm there. It's then that I see the door open and a guy head shots immediately. The nail in the coffin to knowing it was an ESP hacker - he even ridicules me, "Death by... well, Death By Machine gun I guess now!" My ingame name is DeathByCrowbar and there is no WAY with 20 people on a server he could know who he killed. Here's the list of players who were online at the time.

wcbm0p.jpg

Time, server, etc of where it happened is:

"09/11/2014 12:45 AM" 
lastMPServer="66.55.137.111:2302";
lastMPServerName=".:In FOG We Trust, The Rest We Dust. Zero Admin Abuse:.";

They're still online, whoever it was.
  • Like 3

That image shows the status of cheats for a popular cheating engine.... when DayZ Standalone shows DOWN for good, they have done their job, and we will know it.  It is really sad for me to sit here and say paid for cheating developers are more transparent than the anti-cheating development companies.

What do you expect? Free cake everytime a new banwave comes? The irony of your post is that it actually proves BE is useful

And got killed by a hacker again!Its not the slow updates that are gonna kill the game its gonna be the hacks someone just ran up on me and my squad and we all magically threw our weapons isnt that just shit.WTF is the purpose of these hacks but to troll and destroy progress?Im gonna take a break ive defended and DEFENDED THIS GAME But now im seeing warz alllll over again every single night i log in with my clanmates and every night we encounter at least one pos hacker who has little to no skill whatsoever in playing games.

Yup, full squad wipe from one pos hacker. Boy this game sure is fun. EVERY SINGLE DAY we play we all get killed by a hacker. Yup, keep up the good work. Can't play the game without running into at LEAST 1 hacker on any server.

nice talking around the sh**...

i had one question and you strict ignoring it......

u have no idea and solution for the hacker problem thats all...

this game is fucked... good bye and have fun with the shitstorm that will rise in the next weeks n month...

Someone did not read the memo...

Some of you are posting nonsensical gibberish, others are making posts that amount to harassment and others clear defamation.

This will stop.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

• Like 1

I still think at this point those tools will be used to "scrutinize" everyone and take away from the game more than benefit it.

I'm just speculating, but I'm pretty sure the developers have a good reason why they have not released better admin tools up to this point. I have skimmed over several other threads in suggestions about the lack of efficient admin tools and have not found an official answer. Lets do some math though and feel free to correct me if my numbers are off. Say it costs $100 dollars to rent a server for a month and lets say there are two thousand rented servers for a year of run time(I could be rounding up) that is about $2.4mil. Well the game already sold 2 million copies and if you multiply that by just $2 a copy(I spent $30 dollars on my copy), it is still way more than admins have spent renting servers up to this point. So you see, all the ball kissing has already been done, you pushed the big red button just the same as the rest of us, so welcome to crowd sourced testing and the thread where we discuss/complain the current hacking status in dayzsa. I would love to see an official reason why admins have had shotty tools or a promise of when to expect admins to be banning me for killing them, looting their airfield, expressing my opinion, etc. etc. etc.

I would rather developers focus their efforts on correcting the software exploits rather than making sure that you have the ability to ban and report what they already know. Besides we both know that you are here angling for support for your suggestion for admin tools which is why you won't continue to discuss the negative impact this could have on the level of immersion of an experience that has not been fully revealed to us. It's like you're talking in the middle of a movie, it's not about you sssshhhhhhh.

I'll ask you the same thing as I've asked others....Do you rent a Dayz Server? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldnt be debating the point of abusive admins...so you will have absolutely no clue how the present cheating status effects a servers community.

Yes I agree, you get abusive admins (of course they exist) so I'll say this again plainly and clearly....."Do not play on that server".

Im still undecided on whether or not you're trolling me for lols.

Edited by TheWeedMan

I'll ask you the same thing as I've asked others....Do you rent a Dayz Server? Of course you don't, otherwise you wouldnt be debating the point of abusive admins...so you will have absolutely no clue how the present cheating status effects a servers community.

Yes I agree, you get abusive admins (of course they exist) so I'll say this again plainly and clearly....."Do not play on that server".

Im still undecided on whether or not you're trolling me for lols.

I'm sure admin tools will be released eventually but I would rather see the game hosted by them versus hosted by the community.  The game is not complete right now, my argument has been, how can you allow people to have servers/server rules when the rules of the game are not even done yet?  Admin tools are a feature and feature implementation should fall second to software exploit detection/correction, in my opinion.  I am very enthusiastic about the game and I would only consider hosting if it were a finished product. 

I apologize if it comes off as "harassment" but I strongly oppose the community self regulating with server rules at this point simply because games like that die in a very short period if I do not join a clan of some kind.  My friends and I go to play together I try to join a server, "nope banned" you pick the server then "nope I'm banned off this one."  People get stuck on two or three servers that are over run with hackers while the rest of the population is divided into clans that request you join their forums and or make donations.  I don't think they have a complete enough game for that.

I apologize for discussing it because this is the thread about the current state of hacking in dayzsa not the current state of admin tools.

Edited by curtkinert

I apologize for discussing it because this is the thread about the current state of hacking in dayzsa not the current state of admin tools.

Thank you, wise decision.

:unsure: This has to be the most embarrassing thing i have seen happen to a game.I made a huge mistake renting this server.

What do you expect? Free cake everytime a new banwave comes? The irony of your post is that it actually proves BE is useful

Free cake?  No.  Results?  Yes.  Please explain how my post is ironic, BE is NOT DETECTED, and it's not just DayZ, BE is not detected on a ton of games they service with this and other cheat tools.  How is lack of results ironic in your world?

You are claiming it to be a hack !

Some of you are posting nonsensical gibberish, others are making posts that amount to harassment and others clear defamation.

This will stop.

If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff, it will be looked into and verified.

Well I apologize if I am doing anything wrong. I honestly didn't understand how making everyone respawn is a simple exploit. You can't blame us for seeing so many hacks in a game and then not understanding such a massive respawn is a simple exploit than anyone can do. I very much want these discussions about problems to be productive, not counter productive. So I don't understand why you seem to be taking all of this so personally. You are kind enough to volunteer your time to enforce the forum rules. That's awesome. I don't think anyone here is upset about talking of the hacks and I get personally insulted on the forums every day by Caboose and I don't see drama about that and I just brush it off. So what are we really doing wrong here? Edited by hothtimeblues

So....I take it the hacker situation hasn't improved yet? They need to do something here because I really don't want to see this game die and its getting the point that I'm starting to worry with all the insults and harassment, which I was responsible for with 1 post as well, just make BI and BE just stop making the game as a big middle finger to all of us. Go the way of that one dude, Phil Fish, or whatever his name was lol.

I do have one question for the BE staff along with BI staff, is there any way that there could be some deals made where steam could scan the game files for any changes, modifications, added files, and just not allow the game to launch on start up if any of those are detected? I have no idea how hacking works or even scripting, never looked into it or even gave a crap, although googling for news about a Ban Wave did end up bringing up a listing of a hacking forum which just made me sick to my stomach with people bitching about banned keys, looked at there rules out of curiousity and saw specifically "No Trolling" and I almost punched my monitor out of anger with hypocrisy. Anyways, before I ramble more, could a deal like that be done with Valve or just with you guys?

I do have one question for the BE staff along with BI staff, is there any way that there could be some deals made where steam could scan the game files for any changes, modifications, added files, and just not allow the game to launch on start up if any of those are detected?

Actually Smack, BattleEye already does this, we hope, anyway.  I sometimes see messages in game where people show file signatures are incorrect and it looks like it comes from BattleEye, but who knows for sure.  We just have to trust that they know what they are doing, even though we see no results.

Good idea. But my favorite way to stop hacks if Bohemia does not close the loopholes in the first place by final release.... is to simply have Valve/Steam and DayZ take a "snap shot" of the PC or it's operating system ID that is specific to that computer so that if they get caught hacking and banned.... when they try to purchase another DayZ and steam account...... they can not install it on that computer.

This would cut hacking in half at least. Because I believe the script kiddies are puchasing second or even third Dayz and Steam accounts.

Actually Smack, BattleEye already does this, we hope, anyway.  I sometimes see messages in game where people show file signatures are incorrect and it looks like it comes from BattleEye, but who knows for sure.  We just have to trust that they know what they are doing, even though we see no results.

well see now, idk about that being a hack as much as it is just a bug on server launch, because I've had it where i'd get booted from a server and my buddies would see a message about me, I think it's just the client not responding message but I can't recall. But if it does that, then how would it be possible for someone to be using the ghost looting hack or things along those lines? I've been in servers that I would see that message displayed about someone but at some point one of us would just be losing all our gear mid run and it's not dropping on the ground either, it's just disappearing, so I assume the ghost loot hack. So there is something that they are doing differently than others that is bypassing that security. If that is the case, and if BE is doing that on start up, or on server launch, then maybe there needs to be multiple tiers of security upon the launch. Maybe on start up have a general scan, and then a more specific type of scan to bring up the server lists, and to enter a server another very very specific scan. Again, I am just talking completely out of my ass with this. I don't even know where to put in a graphics card off the top of my head let alone having even a general comprehension of what anti-cheats and the like entail. But I'd be more than happy to endure a longer waiting time launching the game and getting into a server if it meant good clean fun.

I keep asking the same question over and over again: Why do you believe them? These guys constantly claim that their hacks are undetected. They have an obvious motive for that, you know, this is their business. Do I seriously have to mention this?

So go on believing these honorable honest entities.

• Like 2

It happened again last night, the same hacker that has been following our clan showed up.  We had members on 2 different servers and we got word that EVERYONE on the first server was killed and killed again almost immediately upon spawning.  Then he came to our server, we saw the same message "So and so is loosing connection" (I didn't post his name).  I believe when it says he's losing connection he is teleporting to us.  Then one member was killed and then another.  We logged out, all in all he killed 10 of our members several times.  When he first joins and we have gear he kills us with a single head shot and nobody sees him.  After we're respawned he follows us and shoots our legs to break them.  He then stands over us shouting racial slurs in a variety of accents.

We started switching servers to lesser and lesser populations to try and figure out his steam name which we were able to do with 100% certainy.  Once we knew his name we were calling him out after he would break our legs, he then said "I guess you guys are using the ESP hack too" not sure how much more clear it has to be.  I sent Sable the BE rep here a PM so I hope that he follows up on it, right now for our clan the game is unplayable when this guy feels the need to troll us.

Edited by billyjo