RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I will send you a PM to a site that has the number one hack used by most hackers on DayZ, it's hard for me to fathom you guys haven't heard of it.  And oh yeah, anyone in the public can subscribe to it for 13 bucks a month.

I will say this, with over 1100 hours in the game, I encounter hackers daily, it's bad.  And the VA stuff and some others like it are having a field day making BANK.

Of course we are aware of such hacks. You shouldn't believe everything these guys claim. If you do then I guess you agree that this discussion is somewhat pointless.

It's silly to sit and say there are no public hacks, there are ENTIRE forums devoted to scripting hacks for DayZ mod and Standalone. Seriously? How can you say the hacks aren't as bad as before, they ARE WORSE. I played on the mod before it got popular and believe me it was really bad at one point that I almost stopped playing, but now since the memory injection hacks have somewhat subsided in Standalone, they are going brute force now.... I don't envy you one bit, but something has to be done, and while you don't have to give specifics on what it is you do to stop it, I don't think you should live in a fantasy world either like everything is unicorns and rainbows..

I am not claiming anything nor am I living in a fantasy world. Also, I hate to be a smartass, but what you sent me isn't even a public hack. That of course doesn't mean anything when it comes to detection. Edited by BEdev-Sable

I have to respecfully disagree, as the script kiddie encounters I've had in the last two weeks are orders of magnitude worse than anything I've seen in the mod.  I've gone from having characters that last anywhere from 60 to 120 hours, to characters that won't last 6 hours before some script kiddie ESP finds and terminates me.  There's no straw man here, this is empirical evidence based on personal gameplay.  If others are experiencing the same... I don't know what to call your logical fallacy.

Then you either have a short history with the mod or are choosing to ignore the issues it had in addition to ESP with parachuting cows, players being turned into animals, mass teleporting entire servers to the moon or the ocean or thunderdome, spawning in tanks and jets and weapons that wern't even available, filling the entire map with thousands of aircraft carriers, buildings, flying buses, godmode/invisibility etc

• Like 2

Then you either have a short history with the mod or are choosing to ignore the issues it had in addition to ESP with parachuting cows, players being turned into animals, mass teleporting entire servers to the moon or the ocean or thunderdome, spawning in tanks and jets and weapons that wern't even available, filling the entire map with thousands of aircraft carriers, buildings, flying buses, godmode/invisibility etc

I wasn't speaking of the severity of the hacks, but the frequency at which they're occuring.  Seen all those hacks in the mod and more.

The hacking/ cheating has getting alot more worse than it was before, LAST 3 dayz i have been killed by noclippers, speed hackers and teleporters. just now me and a friend was chased by a speed hacker at the airport for 10 mins before i managed to kill us. thank god he hadnt aimbot. funny thing tho his friend got banned during the chase. atleast the anti cheat works little bit, but when some, oh and his friend was invisible or under ground when he shot us,

Last six or seven times I've died ingame has been ESP/teleport/invisible hacks.

... hmmn ...'scuse me .... do you know anything that is produced for "charity or your enjoyment", not for loot ?

.. computers ? cars ? hamburgers ? music ? shoes ? petfood ? curtains ? toenail clippers ?...

let me guess .. .

. you don't come from this planet ?

You missed the point.  Completely.  Like, it went right over your head and through the wall, blowing out your den and taking part of your neighbor's chimney with it.  That IS my point boss.  It is all made for money.  What the heck is your point? 

I am in no way disparaging game devs for trying to die rich.  What I am disparaging is the illusion that they give a **** about you are me.  I get it, you get it, but many here do not as is so obvious from reading the forums.  They seem genuinely upset that the people making these games consider the cheaters as equal customers.  The reason for that is because no one has the cajones to stand up and call them out from within the industry.  One day, someone will, just because humans are human and eventually someone goes against the grain just because they can.

I am clearing mud away from my brother's eyes, bro.  Seeing the truth is the only good in the world sometimes.

• Like 1

If you actually watched the PAX presentation you would know that Rocket was comparing hacking in DayZ to what we saw in the mod. In comparison the hacking we see in DayZ is nowhere near as damaging and it would be appreciated if you didn't use these straw-man arguments to make underhanded attacks on the integrity of the development team, it's adds nothing to the discussion and isn't welcome here.

Well if you have been paying attention to full servers in the stand alone, we are actually seeing global server hacks like the spawning as a naked bambi by the bridge/pond. That to me is the same degree of the worst hacks in the mod. Remember the mod hack were they teleported us all together? This new hack that came out right during or after the Pax makes his statement that hacks are less severe untrue.

Of course we are aware of such hacks. You shouldn't believe everything these guys claim. If you do then I guess you agree that this discussion is somewhat pointless.

I am not claiming anything nor am I living in a fantasy world. Also, I hate to be a smartass, but what you sent me isn't even a public hack. That of course doesn't mean anything when it comes to detection.

The discussion is NOT pointless.  Do I have to list the dozen or so cheat/scripting forums dedicated to cheating at SA and ARMA III  games?  A paid for hack IS a puclic hack, if you want to argue semantics, be my guest.  Bottom line, if something is being done to stop people using them, we  have yet to see it IN GAME.  ESP has been around a very long time, and yet, NOTHING has been done to curtail its usage.  It seems the devs of the game are getting better with telling the community what is going on with the game.  I simply don't know what you guys are doing, if anything, and that is a point of contention for myself and others that enjoy these games.  Again, ESP has been around over a year, what, if anything, have you done to address it.

My guess is you can't, I admit I could be wrong, but in over a year, that type of hack is still rampantly being used, and to my eyes, NOTHING has changed, NOTHING is being done to address it.  I don't mean to be disrespectful, but the bugs in this game, I can deal with, but the hacking is simply rediculous at this point.

You think I believe what they claim?  I know their stuff works, there are hundreds of Youtubes videos and dozens recently that show it being used successfully.  I spoke with a hacker in game that completely floored me with his ability to tell me the names of items, their color etc, in buildings without having to enter them.  Hell, he knew my name before he got anywhere close to me.  How are those things possible without successfully using that  hack engine?  In over a year have you successfully stopped the usage of ESP or AIMBOT?  Their stuff works, I see no reason to question trhe validity of their claims.  I do; however, question whether BattleEye can stop this.  It's a vaild question considering the time the hacks/cheats have been around and the fact that you admit to knowing about them.

• Like 1

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I have been around fora  very long time and what you say was true back in the day, and MUCH OF IT is STILL true today,  This goes to my point to Sable, many of these same hacks are still being used and tp the player's eyes little, if anything, is actually being done about it as we do not see RESULTS, all we do is get killed with AIMBOT, teleported to VYBOR, or have hackers teleport around us and kill us with unlimited ammo from their M4.

I heard a new one about an hour ago on URBS Garden server, I think.  Someone was firing the SHOTGUN incessantly, I mean like two shots a second for about 20 seconds. 

Man seriously? OK

- Dayz SA hackers cannot spawn tanks - a victory? No - they just jump best weapons and ammo on the server to themselves.

- Dayz SA cannot turn you in a goat - another victory? No - they - will teleport behind you and shoot you, without you even spotting them or break your legs letting you lay there for ever.

It seriously doesn't matter "WHAT" can they spawn or not, what matters though is the "SCALE" of hacking as it is today. I don't mind being killed by a player, but it seriously pisses me off being repeatedly killed by hackers (and lately ONLY by hackers), listening to their stupid comments knowing all about my steam account name etc.. But what it doesn't matter, because if I had/saw their account name (you were killed by Joe Doe I), there are no admin rights to pernamently ban their IP from the server (and I'm not talking global BAN, just the stupid local server IP ban), because whatever the guys from BE claim, they are doing, is obviously not enough/efficient and it's not working. In my mind it is utter failure.

That is a pretty cynical look on life. There is a slight possibility some low life companies may do that but I don't think the big reputable ones would do it. To much to lose if the big secret gets out. I am never a one for conspiracy theories as it is pretty tough to keep everyone in line with the lie. As Snowden has shown. It may be money related however. They may try and find the cheapest solution to the problem.

Don't underestimate the hackers either. There are some pretty smart fackers out there.

If there is no money to be made by mass selling cheats, few would have them.  In the instance of the many cheaters who buy hacks made by a few brilliant people, they are the entire pudding of proof, and the people who get rich selling the hacks.... they vet my theory by their very existence.  In most things in life not connected to charity, people do what they do to make money.  Even in some charities (Easter Seals, I am waiving at you) people are only in it to make money.

Sad?  Yes, but it is the human condition.  I never said there weren't good people in the world bro, and good people making money while being good.  But this world... it revolves around its axis because of greed.  And I am not judging, just stating what is.

Well if you have been paying attention to full servers in the stand alone, we are actually seeing global server hacks like the spawning as a naked bambi by the bridge/pond. That to me is the same degree of the worst hacks in the mod. Remember the mod hack were they teleported us all together? This new hack that came out right during or after the Pax makes his statement that hacks are less severe untrue.

Not a hack, just a bug that a player can exploit, similar to how throwing a certain item in the previous build would crash the server.

The discussion is NOT pointless.  Do I have to list the dozen or so cheat/scripting forums dedicated to cheating at SA and ARMA III  games?  A paid for hack IS a puclic hack, if you want to argue semantics, be my guest.  Bottom line, if something is being done to stop people using them, we  have yet to see it IN GAME.  ESP has been around a very long time, and yet, NOTHING has been done to curtail its usage.  It seems the devs of the game are getting better with telling the community what is going on with the game.  I simply don't know what you guys are doing, if anything, and that is a point of contention for myself and others that enjoy these games.  Again, ESP has been around over a year, what, if anything, have you done to address it.

My guess is you can't, I admit I could be wrong, but in over a year, that type of hack is still rampantly being used, and to my eyes, NOTHING has changed, NOTHING is being done to address it.  I don't mean to be disrespectful, but the bugs in this game, I can deal with, but the hacking is simply rediculous at this point.

You think I believe what they claim?  I know their stuff works, there are hundreds of Youtubes videos and dozens recently that show it being used successfully.  I spoke with a hacker in game that completely floored me with his ability to tell me the names of items, their color etc, in buildings without having to enter them.  Hell, he knew my name before he got anywhere close to me.  How are those things possible without successfully using that  hack engine?  In over a year have you successfully stopped the usage of ESP or AIMBOT?  Their stuff works, I see no reason to question trhe validity of their claims.  I do; however, question whether BattleEye can stop this.  It's a vaild question considering the time the hacks/cheats have been around and the fact that you admit to knowing about them.

You know nothing about this subject. Stop posting misinformation

You know nothing about this subject. Stop posting misinformation

This is not Game of Thrones; saying you know nothing is not constructive here. Perhaps you should elaborate upon why you feel said user knows nothing in regard to the subject?

• Like 2

It has been a long time since i died normally, both infestation and dayz have a huge problem with hacking. Why dont give all characters unlimited mags and m4 and give everyone an in-game esp.

I am not claiming anything nor am I living in a fantasy world. Also, I hate to be a smartass, but what you sent me isn't even a public hack. That of course doesn't mean anything when it comes to detection.

So over the period of what 4 or more patches we are still seeing things happening in game ith our own eyes and you resort to being a smartarse.....

Should it matter if its a payed hack or a free one?

I mean really you said that the pbo exploit was closed,but how can players still be running through building tanks and everything on the map if this was closed?

Im smelling porkys tbh,like ive said before unto you change from a re-active to pro-active your anti cheat will continue to fail like it has for this game and the mod before it...

And dont give me this is alpha crap either,people have spent money on this game and EXPECT a fair level of anti cheat,which you have failed to deliver...

• Like 1

It has been a long time since i died normally, both infestation and dayz have a huge problem with hacking. Why dont give all characters unlimited mags and m4 and give everyone an in-game esp.

Hey you, if you are here to spam Infestation4ever forget it, I will remove you as spam.

Hey you, if you are here to spam Infestation4ever forget it, I will remove you as spam.

But the more widespread the hacks get, the more likely they will be addressed by the DayZ project staff. I hate to say it, but we are already past the point of misery. "Let 10,000 flowers bloom".

Silencing the professional hackers who are devastating our otherwise fun alpha game is only enabling Bohemia to do nothing about it. It's sad that the admins here who are awesome people for donating their time for free are have to look for and remove posters that are selling the professional hacks. We shouldn't have to be afraid of hackers if it was simply prevented in the first place.

Ok, what exact public hacks are you talking about? Please respond via PM for obvious reasons.

If you can't send me any information I seriously wonder why you even create such posts? If you need to vent that's fine, but there is no need to post misinformation.

excuse me.. but...are u reading this topic or do you just answer your quotet posts? since the last six weeks the flying, teleporting, itemstealing, etc... got worser and worser.

u rly need other ppl to find the PUPLIC hacks and getting paid for this?

if u want i can post every damnit cheatvideo that was postet here in the last 6 weeks... day for day inside here to remeber you whats going on on the other side of the internet...

and again you didnt answer THE QUESTION!

!QUESTION: How long do you need to fix the current hacks?

thx...

Edited by quantum2k6

If there is no money to be made by mass selling cheats, few would have them.  In the instance of the many cheaters who buy hacks made by a few brilliant people, they are the entire pudding of proof, and the people who get rich selling the hacks.... they vet my theory by their very existence.  In most things in life not connected to charity, people do what they do to make money.  Even in some charities (Easter Seals, I am waiving at you) people are only in it to make money.

Sad?  Yes, but it is the human condition.  I never said there weren't good people in the world bro, and good people making money while being good.  But this world... it revolves around its axis because of greed.  And I am not judging, just stating what is.

Money, power and fame make the world go round. Every company out there is there to make money. I know that. Companies aren't charities.

But it is cynical that you feel most companies would indulge in such low life practices to make a buck. Especially reputable ones. I mean as far as not caring about their good customers to make a few measly dollars more from the bad ones. Their good customers are where their profits are. I trust the profit motive. I don't trust people. Businesses that have good business practices make more profit than does who practice shady ones. Companies are risking a lot to make a few dollars more now. It's not good business sense. Most companies bend over backwards to make their customers happy. There are customer relations almost everywhere.

Let me give a sort of analogy. Suppose you live in a neighborhood. In that neighborhood is a drug house. The cynic would say, "look the police don't give a damn, probably was told by the politicians not to do anything about it. The reason for such inaction was clearly so the government could make money off the drug users in fine monies and clinic costs, etc. That may be the case in some jurisdictions but certainly not in all or even most. That's the cynicism part. The drug house may be under observation with the police building a case. They may even be unaware of the problem because people are less helpful then you may think. You know the whole I don't want to get involved thing. There are a lot of drug houses out there just like there are a lot of hackers. And a lot of security holes. Eventually I believe they will be taken down and the holes fixed. That's the non cynicism in me. That is what I hope for.

Edited by RAM-bo4250

Something I learned long ago in software development... "Once the product is released to customers, it speaks for itself, and if the customer doesn't understand it, then we need not suffer from Aphasia, and try to defend it, we simply need to fix it."  Notice, in that quote, the word Alpha was not used at all.  Now, Early Access is an interesting concept still in it's infancy, and it will be interesting to see how well it is handled by the public in general, but as a general rule, if it's front facing, it better be solid.

Aphasia, for those that don't know is not being able to understand or comprehend what is being said due to brain damage.  In other words, just because the software you develop has problems, and now the customer knows it, don't feel the need to defend it, just fix it.  Our company use to struggle with this, and we felt the need to defend our baby, all the while, the customer got pissed off at us because rather than sitting down with the customer and addressing the issues, we put our hands over our ears and said "NANNER!NANNER!NANNER!  I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING! NANNER!NANNER!NANNER!"  That is the wrong attitude to take to your customers.  Why not just come out and say, "Yes, those hacks are very difficult to deal with, and yes, we have a team working on ways to try and mitigate them."

Unfortunately, BattleEye has YET to say anything at all.  Again, I stand by my assertion that they haven't been able to stop ESP and AIMBOT in over a year, and they have no answer on how they intend to address these hacks.  That is BAD NEWS for current and future DayZ players.  Should the average DayZ player assume everyone is using ESP and AIMBOT?

Edited by bubba42

Yeah that is what is bad about a 2nd or 3rd party being used as an only measure to stop hacking. The companies who are supposed to be spending money on research and development when they create their video game get to just say... "well, we can just count on Battle Eye to ban people if they find all these loopholes that we are too busy to close" I'm sorry, but that is just really lazy programming. I'm going to be patient and pray that Bohemia does not have the same attitude for their final relase. Since this is alpha, maybe they are not bothering with hacking since it would be better to only close loopholes later in Beta or Final. However, because the demand is growing for hacks, I'm afraid the demand will be strong enough during the final release that very clever people will devote more resources into new loopholes. In other words, this whole ignoring attitude of hacking has set the tone for all of DayZ. The tone is...... it's OK to hack your ever living ass off in Dayz. If Battle Eye, (not Dayz), bans you, then just buy another copy of the game and start all over.

That's a terrible way to build loyalty to your product. So let's hope they devote time to closing loopholes for the future release.

Over 2.5 million copies of DayZ sold, I have to assume BattleEye gets a percentage of the sale.  You can damn well bet these hacks are going to become much more prominent as we get near Beta and Full Release.  I've seen it happen before.  These cheat engines are in a bubble so VAC doesn't see the majority of them, and all evidence points that 3rd party anti-cheat providers have the same issue.  No one wants to admit this dirty little secret, and that's why I say somebody needs to own up, and just outright hire one of these cheating programmers and use them as a consultant to defeat these cheat engines.  Somebody could make a pretty penny if they were the first ones on the market to do so.

It's a free market, I don't understand why one of the Cheater's themselves doesn't contact BattleEye directly and sell their knowledge and source code, even their services to put an end to this drama.  They make money, BattleEye makes money, DayZ gets better, grows the community, they make more money, and gamers can actually enjoy the game again.

After doing a bit of research, back in April of this year, it seems BattleEye did indeed put a dent into the Cheat Engines out there.  On several of their forums, I see talk that BattleEye shut them down for awhile.  That's good to hear.  And this has been an ongoing struggle, I get that.  Detect the cheat, stop it, then the cheaters just adapt, until you detect them again.  It seems this strategy is ok for short-term problems, but what's the long term strategy?  Who knows, BattleEye doesn't tell anyone, so based on the information we don't have we must conclude there is not one.

Edited by bubba42

Why not just come out and say, "Yes, those hacks are very difficult to deal with, and yes, we have a team working on ways to try and mitigate them."

Sorry, I'm not going to feed you such PR nonsense. If I tell you that most private hacks are detected it's the truth. If you choose not to believe me that's fine, but I am not here to put you in fantasy land with empty statements. It surprises me such a statement would actually make you happy? Wouldn't you still claim that we are doing nothing?

Unfortunately, BattleEye has YET to say anything at all. Again, I stand by my assertion that they haven't been able to stop ESP and AIMBOT in over a year, and they have no answer on how they intend to address these hacks. That is BAD NEWS for current and future DayZ players. Should the average DayZ player assume everyone is using ESP and AIMBOT?

I will just say the following and then stop: BE is detecting more public/private hacks on a constant basis than any other popular anti-cheat system out there. Call it a lie all you want, it's the truth. I agree it sucks that the situation is still bad, but it's not like we are doing nothing.

You should also understand that BE is not the engine and vice versa. So asking BE to fix all issues (like wall glitching or the current teleport-to-bridge bug) is just wrong.

Anyway, as I said before, BE is constantly evolving. For obvious reasons I can't ever go into details though, so I hope you understand.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 3

I will just say the following and then stop: BE is detecting more public/private hacks on a constant basis than any other popular anti-cheat system out there. Call it a lie all you want, it's the truth. I agree it sucks that the situation is still bad, but it's not like we are doing nothing.

I'm just curious what metric(s) you use to determine that and if those metrics are public?