RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Yeah because if you get banned by one butt hurt admin you will be banned on all servers.  Please don't give the bullies a bigger stick.

I'm talking about BI checking it and banning additionally to the butt hurt admin that already banned on his server. That's a difference. If the proof is there, use it.

Edited by bautschi

Sorry, I will point out lies when I see them and that's one of them. And it's funny you claim people praise BE - how come I never see this praise almost anywhere? Most praise is not visible to normal users as it can mostly be found on private hack forums only. And before people come in and attack me for that statement again, no, I don't want or need any praise. As I said, I will just point out lies because I can't stand them.

Yes, this is completely irrelevant when it comes to BE, but why don't you complain about Valve not fixing this problem with all the millions they made from DayZ?

I will just say the following: BE is constantly evolving and maybe one day you will be happier with it than you are right now. I sure hope so, because rest assured I care about all the feedback I get.

I really hope so too man. Even with this massive population of hacks, I still absolutely love DayZ. What I really want to know though, is it so difficult to handle all these hacks because of the source code being stolen? or is that a completely irrelevant issue at this point or was it just a bs thread posted throughout the internet? I watch a lot of DayZ videos like Frankie and guys like him and he mentioned something called Breaking Point or something like that for the DayZ mod, as he explained it, it scans the computer for any modified files of the game and if there are any files that have been changed or modified it doesn't allow them to launch the game with that launcher so they are forced to play on the usual servers that don't use breaking point. Would something like that be possible to do with the launcher of the standalone?

PS, if you look at threads about rumored ban waves that usually aren't found on this site, but on steam or reddit you will see the praise that I speak of. Granted you'll see a bunch of people defending the hackers "hypothetically, what if the hacker has learned their lesson" yada yada, we know they don't learn lessons, but you'll see a lot of BE praise as well.

Edited by smacku2b

Server locking by admins who pay good money, and who are tired of cheaters killing everyone on their server, are in no way ruing the game.  Cheaters are. 

While I agree with you in principal, I would point out that they are still breaking the rules and using the fact that others are breaking them by hacking only leads to no one having to follow the rules because now those two groups aren't so why should I?

You either follow the rules or you lose the right to bitch about those that don't.

300 hrs of standalone, didn't play the mod. And spare me you're petty accusation, I'm a moderator in Crysis wars myself. 

I'm nothing whining, I just refuse to give dipshit admin too much power in dayz, and how will you record the proof ? Is there a specate mode ? Teleportation and speedhacks are obvious, but how do you find aimbot when sniper shots someone from 600 meters ?

I'm not whining, not one bit. I just have a different opinion than you do, and instead of accepting that state of things you resolve to calling me a whiner and a cheater. Pathetic really.

All you can do here is to agree to disagree.  

Following your logic, if the person fighting abusive admins with too much power is a cheater, than the person wanting all that power is the abusive admin. 

Its called server logs.  It should be really, really easy to statistically spot the outlier: when you have X players shooting mosins over Y hours, you'll have a mean rate of hit vs miss and kills per hour, and so forth; standard deviations, and bell curves oh my.  The guy who sticks out from that mean with a 100% hit rate and a fire rate output 1000% more than everyone else?  Gee, what do you think he's doing differently than everyone else?

Its not about giving admins arbeitrary powers to ruin players-- its a plea for tools to gather evidence and confront script kiddie bitches with a neutral arbeitrator (like BE, or valve, etc.).  We can already prove someone is cheating with video evidence.  Provide server log tools to CONFIRM the evidence, with a means of redress... and suddenly it doesn't matter about updating some automated algorithms to identify script kiddies: the community will do it for their own benefit.

You are not supposed to search for anything. We are well aware of the hacks, which is the reason most popular private hacks are permanently detected (unlike in other games). Don't get me wrong, I agree it's bad you don't notice anything of this. I can only imagine the situation would be much worse if BE wasn't there.

I said "if you come across any undetected hacks". If you do, why not report them? It's impossible to know 100% of the internet, you know.

Report it how?  I've never seen any documentation showing how to report script kiddies.  I've never seen any way to access server logs to confirm their cheating.  Hell, us poor chump non-cheating gamers have no way to prosecute or even identify bitch ass script kiddies.  You guys are totally missing the entire point of involving the community and giving them tools and easily accessed means of redress... because you'll never stop every kind of exploit and hacking by merely using forensic fingerprints and other algorithmic/automated means.

how long do you need to fix a current hack? 6, 12, 18 month?

can BE do it faster if we (the community) doing the job you getting payed for and searchh the net for "unknown" hacks?

thx for the answer...

The biggest issue is,current anti cheats are reactive not pro active...

Untill BE changes to a proactive system like Gameblocks nothing will change tbh...

Because Gameblock measures the inside of a game world,and every thing you see in this game as hack wouldnt be possible.....

Now i will wait till Sable trys to call out bs,just watch...

Just ask any player that players b4 and played bf3 ask them the difference,btw they used the very same game engine,so dont tell me its game engine problems...

As long as the attitude of valve and bohemia  is to allow hackers buy their way back, battleye will just be picking off the low hanging fruit and everyone will be happy except the legit gamers.

Unacceptable and slanderous.

• Like 1

Can I ask a very basic question for people who know a lot about PC's and the internet?

Is it possible for Steam/Valve or even DayZ Stand Alone to have a very simple way to check an operating systems "finger print" so that when some piece of shit cheater trys to buy another copy of Steam and Dayz, when they try to install it again, Valve or Dayz can simply see that it's the same exact copy of the operating system or PC finger print and then not allow the piece of shit cheater to purchase the game again?

If this is very simple and possible, but DayZ and Steam refuse to do it.... then they obviously don't give a flying shit about honest players and don't mind if cheater purchase another copy of the game.

i think they did it with planetside2, not sure if it was this game. a new steamaccount didnt help after these hackers got banned.

I have not seen a hacker in two days.  Did they all go to hell or something?  Was it a hacker holiday?  Killed  couple glitch room morons though, they are always so bad.  "We are here to help people."

Hackers, Crash Sites, Damn

Jesus, I feel pretty stupid right now...

I've just read this in another thread:

Aren't the bluehelmets unarmed? Also its hard to find because every hacker on the server uses his magnetic loot tool to instantly loot crashsites right after restart.

Why did that not occur to me, I've even seen a hacker do that summoning shit for weapons.

So that's why I had to check over 40 crash sites before I found an M4 :( :(

Hope you all step on a lego you cheating fuc***in* bastards for ruining our game experience!

Sorry... :)

how long do you need to fix a current hack? 6, 12, 18 month?

thx for the answer...

You are not supposed to search for anything. We are well aware of the hacks, which is the reason most popular private hacks are permanently detected (unlike in other games). Don't get me wrong, I agree it's bad you don't notice anything of this. I can only imagine the situation would be much worse if BE wasn't there.

I said "if you come across any undetected hacks". If you do, why not report them? It's impossible to know 100% of the internet, you know.

.. still unanswered.

wheres the point of reporting the "unknown" hacks if you arent able to fix the "public" ones...?!

how long are the current "public" cheats now available? 6 weeks?!

... sry... but plz do your job!

lol how much worser should the situation gets?

when can we expect a solution for the current PUBLIC Hacks?

Edited by quantum2k6

I'm talking about BI checking it and banning additionally to the butt hurt admin that already banned on his server. That's a difference. If the proof is there, use it.

Yeah I have a problem with giving admins any kind of global banning authority.  In other games I have been banned off servers for no reason.  I have heard a horror story of a friend being admin banned in arma3 that prevented them from playing on popular servers.  They lost their whole copy of the game because some admin thought they were hacking and provided false reasoning/information.  This is bullcrap and should not even be a consideration for implementation.

I was at the top of my fps ability in CODMW1 and got banned off my own clan server because the leader was an angry drunk standing in the open waiting to get fragged.  So I fragged him over and over until he finally yelled out "ban him!"  So I should have been thrown in with the same lot as the hackers?  I don't think so, I got banned off the server because he was being a piece of crap so I quit the clan.  I'm sorry, admin banning is not and should not ever be a prerequisite to any kind of global ban.

I can tolerate being banned off of one server so that the newbies can have their sanctuary but having this being part of a check system of any kind is a bad idea.

Edited by curtkinert

No one is suggesting Admins having such powers to provide Global Bans!!! Only BE and VAC should have that power...people are asking for the admin tools to ban blatant hackers from the servers in which they admin and given the means to capture the data or evidence to submit to BE and VAC for them to investigate (Global Ban Proposal).

No one is suggesting Admins having such powers to provide Global Bans!!! Only BE and VAC should have that power...people are asking for the admin tools to ban blatant hackers from the servers in which they admin and given the means to capture the data or evidence to submit to BE and VAC for them to investigate (Global Ban Proposal).

I agree that they should have a reporting system, because many anti-cheat systems do.  However, when dealing with skilled players or closet hackers it would be very challenging to differentiate.  If only statistical information is provided then there would not be strong enough evidence to confirm nor deny.  If you have a tool such as a screen capture then it could very easily be used by admins to exploit and locate players.  I used to be in a sniping clan and I know they exploited screen cap because I would then see the admins using the spots they saw others using.  Admins shouldn't be allowed to see where I am shooting from because they are getting wrecked.  Additionally, there would be a great flood of global ban proposals for them to sort through and it would take days for a single legit hacker to get banned.  What more if hackers toggle their cheats on and off like they have in other games?  The problem is still the system.

I have seen other people with great suggestions of active systems that check for modified game content etc.  Giving the admins more power is not going to solve all the hacking problems.  I even think it will be used by some to make new problems.  "If you don't agree with why you were banned, become a member on our forums and ask for permission."  Screw that!  The banwave system sucks but it is better than having admins dictate how I play MY game.

Unacceptable and slanderous.

Face reality much?

If Valve or Bohemia really cared about hacking at all they could write software that takes a "snap shot" or "finger print" of a computer's operating system ID and then never allow them to install a second DayZ or Steam account. Or the 12 other ways they could prevent hacking in the first place.

What's unacceptable is the amount of hacking in this Alpha. It's a level of hacking I've never seen before in 20 years of playing video games.

Pure logic based on all of our facts say it's a business decision at this stage to just let BE ban people every now and then rather than devote resources to preventing hacks in the first place. It's a fact that you can cheat your ass off, pretty much anonymously, then simply purchase another Steam and Dayz account.

So how can you say the fellow you are responding to is being slanderous? These are all facts that Bohemia and Valve could care less about hacking and purchasing new accounts. In fact, it might be a business model as I mentioned before. I'm not saying they wont try to prevent hacking in final release, I pray to God they will, but for now, it's a business model to not prevent hacks and it's very insulting to legit players.

Edited by hothtimeblues
  • Like 4

I agree that they should have a reporting system, because many anti-cheat systems do. However, when dealing with skilled players or closet hackers it would be very challenging to differentiate. If only statistical information is provided then there would not be strong enough evidence to confirm nor deny. If you have a tool such as a screen capture then it could very easily be used by admins to exploit and locate players. I used to be in a sniping clan and I know they exploited screen cap because I would then see the admins using the spots they saw others using. Admins shouldn't be allowed to see where I am shooting from because they are getting wrecked. Additionally, there would be a great flood of global ban proposals for them to sort through and it would take days for a single legit hacker to get banned. What more if hackers toggle their cheats on and off like they have in other games? The problem is still the system.

I have seen other people with great suggestions of active systems that check for modified game content etc. Giving the admins more power is not going to solve all the hacking problems. I even think it will be used by some to make new problems. "If you don't agree with why you were banned, become a member on our forums and ask for permission." Screw that! The banwave system sucks but it is better than having admins dictate how I play MY game.

Well pay the money out you're own pocket and rent you're own server...then you can run it the way you like and watch how hacks and scripts ruin the gameplay and drive good players away. Paying the high cost monthly for an empty server isn't much fun let me tell you.

Of course you'll get the odd abusive admin...just dont play on that ferkin server!!! There's many great admins out there that work hard to run great communitys and try to keep the servers hack, dupe and kiddie free, these are the servers you want to be a part of. In order to play fair, enjoy the game and help bug/glitch find to aid with the games development admins need the powers to keep clean servers for uninterrupted gameplay to exist.

Server reputation speaks volumes in DayZ and any other game for that matter. If an server falls foul to admin abuse the community will be the first to let you know....then bye bye server!

Edited by TheWeedMan

Well pay the money out you're own pocket and rent you're own server...then you can run it the way you like and watch how hacks and scripts ruin the gameplay and drive good players away. Paying the high cost monthly for an empty server isn't much fun let me tell you.

Of course you'll get the odd abusive admin...just dont play on that ferkin server!!! There's many great admins out there that work hard to run great communitys and try to keep the servers hack, dupe and kiddie free, these are the servers you want to be a part of. In order to play fair, enjoy the game and help bug/glitch find to aid with the games development admins need the powers to keep clean servers for uninterrupted gameplay to exist.

Server reputation speaks volumes in DayZ and any other game for that matter. If an server falls foul to admin abuse the community will be the first to let you know....then bye bye server!

Agreed. Perhaps we could get a server rating system so users can rate the better servers up and noobs get the benefit of their wisdom.

Server rating system is a great idea, but we shouldn't have that as our only resort to hacking. It's absolutely ridiculous how much hacking has increased.

I wonder if the paid hackers screwed themselves by creating the new hack where everyone spawns as a naked bambi. Because before, Bohemia just ignored hacks. But now that all 40 people on a server can get hacked at the same time. I just don't see how Bohemia can ignore hacks any longer. They have to start preventing hacks or everyone is going to quit this game. I already see many more empty server ever since this hack came out about 8 or 9 days ago.

I agree that server owners should be able to give local bans. Sure you are going to have admins that abuse the ban power, but they will also have an empty, boring server after a while of that. But hey, they are paying for it. There will always be hacks, sadly, its part games these days. Admins should be given the means to try to keep THEIR server as hack-free as possible. If I get banned from a server just because I joined it or I play better than them, yeah i'll be a little pissed, but there are a lot of servers to play on & it's their loss of a legit, nice-guy player.

Dean Hall said at Pax that there is less hacking now.  I completely disagree, there are no less than half a dozen sites offering paid for hacks for DayZ SA.  I encountered a hacker last night and he told me about one I'll just call VA... most of you can gather which one I'm talking about, and his entire clan subscribes like 13 bucks a month to it and they can shadow any player, get infinite ammo, fly around, get infinite blood, summon weapons, strip weapons from players, insta kill players, show player positions in real time (Called ESP), show loot anywhere in reall time with ESP, and on and on and on.

VA is used in for a bunch of games, and they say these kind of hacking engines cannot be stopped, I know that's not true, but someone could make a pretty penny by developing a system that detects these systems and license that technology.... a pretty penny.

I never doubted that hacks and scripts ruin the game.  I understand that you won't run a server without some control over it, and if that is the depth of your enthusiasm for the game then it sounds like a personal problem.  I love online games where I only have to respect the TOS and the game environment.  I can't count how many times I have been kicked out of nearly empty Dayz servers.  I don't want to deal with bullcrap server rules, I want to play my game.  No, admin tools are not the right solution to the hack problem, and no I don't want to have to figure out which servers have good rep or have to have a good relationship with admins or have to respect them.  I think Dayz standalone is designed to welcome free thinking survivors, not server rule following lemmings.

I can't prove whether someone killed me with an aimbot/esp or not but I can tell when they are speedhacking, teleporting, taking my gear off, etc.  Those are software exploits and the responsibility of BattlEye and Bohemia to correct, not admins.

Edited by curtkinert

Dean Hall said at Pax that there is less hacking now. I completely disagree, there are no less than half a dozen sites offering paid for hacks for DayZ SA. I encountered a hacker last night and he told me about one I'll just call VA... most of you can gather which one I'm talking about, and his entire clan subscribes like 13 bucks a month to it and they can shadow any player, get infinite ammo, fly around, get infinite blood, summon weapons, strip weapons from players, insta kill players, show player positions in real time (Called ESP), show loot anywhere in reall time with ESP, and on and on and on.

VA is used in for a bunch of games, and they say these kind of hacking engines cannot be stopped, I know that's not true, but someone could make a pretty penny by developing a system that detects these systems and license that technology.... a pretty penny.

Dean has already proven several times that he was wrong about what is going on with his game. Anyone who plays Dayz on full servers knows that hacking has not only stayed consistent...... but has gotten worse. Since people are making money selling hacks, and Bohemia ignores hacking.... more and more people are selling and buying hacks... Hence the new hack from 8 days ago. Hopefully Dean is not intentionally lying, and just is wrong about his own game. We've seen it happen a few times before. Maybe they are too busy working on the game to know what happens if you play the game? I don't know, hopefully there is an explanation as to why he is dead wrong.

Edited by hothtimeblues

Dean has already proven several times that he was wrong about what is going on with his game. Anyone who plays Dayz on full servers knows that hacking has not only stayed consistent...... but has gotten worse. Since people are making money selling hacks, and Bohemia ignores hacking.... more and more people are selling and buying hacks... Hence the new hack from 8 days ago. Hopefully Dean is not intentionally lying, and just is wrong about his own game. We've seen it happen a few times before. Maybe they are too busy working on the game to know what happens if you play the game? I don't know, hopefully there is an explanation as to why he is dead wrong.

If you actually watched the PAX presentation you would know that Rocket was comparing hacking in DayZ to what we saw in the mod. In comparison the hacking we see in DayZ is nowhere near as damaging and it would be appreciated if you didn't use these straw-man arguments to make underhanded attacks on the integrity of the development team, it's adds nothing to the discussion and isn't welcome here.

• Like 3

.. still unanswered.

wheres the point of reporting the "unknown" hacks if you arent able to fix the "public" ones...?!

how long are the current "public" cheats now available? 6 weeks?!

... sry... but plz do your job!

lol how much worser should the situation gets?

when can we expect a solution for the current PUBLIC Hacks?

Ok, what exact public hacks are you talking about? Please respond via PM for obvious reasons.

If you can't send me any information I seriously wonder why you even create such posts? If you need to vent that's fine, but there is no need to post misinformation.

Ok, what exact public hacks are you talking about? Please respond via PM for obvious reasons.

If you can't send me any information I seriously wonder why you even create such posts? If you need to vent that's fine, but there is no need to post misinformation.

I will send you a PM to a site that has the number one hack used by most hackers on DayZ, it's hard for me to fathom you guys haven't heard of it.  And oh yeah, anyone in the public can subscribe to it for 13 bucks a month.

I will say this, with over 1100 hours in the game, I encounter hackers daily, it's bad.  And the VA stuff and some others like it are having a field day making BANK.

It's silly to sit and say there are no public hacks, there are ENTIRE forums devoted to scripting hacks for DayZ mod and Standalone.  Seriously?  How can you say the hacks aren't as bad as before, they ARE WORSE.  I played on the mod before it got popular and believe me it was really bad at one point that I almost stopped playing, but now since the memory injection hacks have somewhat subsided in Standalone, they are going brute force now.... I don't envy you one bit, but something has to be done, and while you don't have to give specifics on what it is you do to stop it, I don't  think you should live in a fantasy world either like everything is unicorns and rainbows..

Edited by bubba42

If you actually watched the PAX presentation you would know that Rocket was comparing hacking in DayZ to what we saw in the mod. In comparison the hacking we see in DayZ is nowhere near as damaging and it would be appreciated if you didn't use these straw-man arguments to make underhanded attacks on the integrity of the development team, it's adds nothing to the discussion and isn't welcome here.

I have to respecfully disagree, as the script kiddie encounters I've had in the last two weeks are orders of magnitude worse than anything I've seen in the mod.  I've gone from having characters that last anywhere from 60 to 120 hours, to characters that won't last 6 hours before some script kiddie ESP finds and terminates me.  There's no straw man here, this is empirical evidence based on personal gameplay.  If others are experiencing the same... I don't know what to call your logical fallacy.