RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Why can't we get rid of these hackers????

Merged

90 hours in standalone and yet to see a single hacker.

300+ hours in SA and haven't seen any either. Granted, I steer clear of Elektro, supposed to be bad down there.

The reason players don't see hackers is because they steer clear of large cities. The only real fun in the game is PvP and i'd rather play another game than roam the wilderness for hours gaining nothing and not having fun.

• Like 1

The reason players don't see hackers is because they steer clear of large cities. The only real fun in the game is PvP and i'd rather play another game than roam the wilderness for hours gaining nothing and not having fun.

nope I roam the map yet still no hackers.

I think part of the problem is any time anyone dies they like to automatically blame hackers.

Same thing with bandits vs players everytime they kill a player they magically justify it by saying they were bandits.

I think part of the problem is any time anyone dies they like to automatically blame hackers.

Same thing with bandits vs players everytime they kill a player they magically justify it by saying they were bandits.

Do you go to places like Berezino these days on 40 player servers?

Thats what I usually think in most games to, but this is a whole other ballpark because they are so obviously bragging with their hacks sometimes. "Look what i can do". And like the guy i encountered last time i played where some 5 germans captured me and broke my legs. Suddenly they all put their weapons on their back and I hear "don't kill freshspawns or friendlies. Seconds after an M4 opens fire and they all die. I see the guy jumping 20 meter at the time.

Or in Berenzino where i twice last week saw flying players blasting music. These guys don't even try to hide so i wonder how many there are who does.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 2

you can change your name all you want, BE, BiS and the GSP providers can easily track who people are.

Agreed, but server admins can't.  Therefore knowing what server a hacker was on does no good unless maybe you can show video proof of the hacker at a time when you and he are the only 2 on the server.

Agreed.  If you want to see proof of hackers, just run into Electro, Berezino, or the airfields with a gun on your back. 

Since it is so obvious in these places, I don't understand why BE or BI can't take the time to randomly monitor these locations within the game.  If word got out that cheaters were being randomly banned by active monitors, maybe some of the rest of them would decide to stop cheating. 

Since it is so obvious in these places, I don't understand why BE or BI can't take the time to randomly monitor these locations within the game.  If word got out that cheaters were being randomly banned by active monitors, maybe some of the rest of them would decide to stop cheating. 

Nope. It will not stop hacking since hacking is very cheap.

30 €uro for game and 15€uro for monthly hack subscription, with average BattlEye ban rate ~2months it is:

30 + (2x 15) = 60 €uro for 2 months of hacking.

So basically hacking in DayZ costs 1 €uro a day.

Now Steam hackers usually have' fake' Steam account with just one game that they are currently hacking in case of ban.

If we could filter those people with just 1 Steam game on their Steam account, that would somehow stop hackers from playing with legit players.

PS.

So hiring some admin that will monitor and ban will just not pay off as cost of hiring an admin will be much higher then profits.

Edited by Frosti

Nope. It will not stop hacking since hacking is very cheap.

30 €uro for game and 15€uro for monthly hack subscription, with average BattlEye ban rate ~2months it is:

Now Steam hackers usually have' fake' Steam account with just one game that they are currently hacking in case of ban.

If we could filter those people with just 1 Steam game on their Steam account, that would somehow stop hackers from playing with legit players.

PS.

So hiring some admin that will monitor and ban will just not pay off as cost of hiring an admin will be much higher then profits.

Or allow server admins more permission to ban hackers and we'd do it for free! 

• Like 1

Damn right!  I would pay to do it B)

I rather play with hackers then with admins with full power.

Saw it in the DayZ mod, every private server had corrupted admin.

Basically admin was the legit hacker.

You blew my mind again.  Server admins can't ban hackers?

WTF?!?

You've played only 90 hours of this game and you're one of the most vocal people on these forums... *shakes head*..

I've played ~600 hours, and over a year in the Mod, and I have plenty of video evidence of "hackers".

1. Getting shot from 800+ meters by a fully auto AKM w/ infinite ammo, through a wall, instant headshot, from NEAF ATC (before nerf) to the industrial building on top of Olsha hill

2. Getting single shot headshot through the jail (wasn't lag or desync.. And I wasn't shot from outside the jail.. My back was entirely covered by 4 other players)

3. Campers inside NWAF ATC glitching through the walls (glitch not hack..)

4. Several infinite ammo M4's (Not sure if this is a glitch or a hack)

At this point, I am welcoming character wipes on stable just to clear all of the M4's from peoples inventories.. I'd really like to start seeing bans come down for infinite ammo guns, as well as the DayZ team patching up/fixing a lot of the bugs which are currently exploitable (such as going through walls).

The saddest thing about these hackers is that DayZ isn't even a competitive game... There is literally NO benefit to hacking other than griefing other players. It's not like Counter-Strike where you could gain a huge advantage in league play and become a well known player due to your fake skills.

I rather play with hackers then with admins with full power.

Saw it in the DayZ mod, every private server had corrupted admin.

Basically admin was the legit hacker.

I can understand the issue here, it's one of those things. I operate my own server and I've been on servers which randomly restart, have it's players kicked, etc. What would be great (although probably near impossible) is have a trust system. The DayZ community votes up servers that have good Admins and votes down servers that have badmins. The problem is when you operate your server and there is a hacker identified, you can only ban them. They change their name, come back in and start killing everyone all over again. We feel helpless and see players quit the server and it becomes a wasteland.

You blew my mind again.  Server admins can't ban hackers?

WTF?!?

I think there used to be a ban.txt file in which people could connect to Rcon and ban players, however there's no permission to do this at the moment. We're restricted to kick, restart, stop, start and changing certain editor files (MOTD, world wide messages set on a time delay) they even removed the permissions to decide when you want your server to restart, it's now permanently set to 4 hour restart.

Sure this will be okay now that loot respawn is enabled, but the servers RAM gets rather full after 2-3 hours of uptime.

Edited by emigrates

Played almost 600 hours since the game came out. Met one teleporter, and all he did was shoot me once and i killed him. I've seen about 7 hacked mags so far though. Thats about it.

Played almost 600 hours since the game came out. Met one teleporter, and all he did was shoot me once and i killed him. I've seen about 7 hacked mags so far though. Thats about it.

I've got ~550 hours and I didn't saw a single hacker or hacked mag.

This is because I do not play around Berezino or upper right corner of the map for that matter and I never visit military zones or big cities with police stations in them.

I've got ~550 hours and I didn't saw a single hacker or hacked mag.

This is because I do not play around Berezino or upper right corner of the map for that matter and I never visit military zones or big cities with police stations in them.

Yeah, I'm the exact opposite. I run around Balota, NW, and Elektro all day, I guess I run into the hackers more often. 

• Like 1

90 hours in standalone and yet to see a single hacker.

You've only played this game for 90 hours? From your forum posts you would think that you are a hardcore DayZ fan. I guess you just have a lot of opinions... :)

I've put in almost 500 hours in SA and a bunch of hours in Mod. They exist, they are plentiful and they often flaunt their hacking. Posts like yours are pretty pointless since 1) you are inexperienced in the game and 2) hacking isn't always blatant.

• Like 2

You've only played this game for 90 hours? From your forum posts you would think that you are a hardcore DayZ fan. I guess you just have a lot of opinions... :)

I've put in almost 500 hours in SA and a bunch of hours in Mod. They exist, they are plentiful and they often flaunt their hacking. Posts like yours are pretty pointless since 1) you are inexperienced in the game and 2) hacking isn't always blatant.

I don't want to burn myself out by playing it too much.

Atleast not before the game is even finished.

Why are you posting outright untruths?

I suggest you do some research first and ask the majority of cheat users about their experience.

Edited by BEdev-Sable

Well, someone who has the time to post almost 4000 posts and read alot in the forum has no time to actually play the game...i suspected that, and it explains alot in some cases. (not necessarily meaning gibz)

Anyway, has anyone seen a hacker recently? I went through a week without finding one!

Game is pretty impressive at the moment with hacking. In comparison to the mod, when the mod first came out scripting was ridiculous, I would encounter a hacker in nearly every server I was in. Everywhere from parachuting cows, parachuting buses, instantly killing someone from anywhere, spawning in items, thunderdome, Jason. It was pretty out of control, glad to see that scripting isn't nearly as much of an issue in the mod anymore as it use to be.

In the standalone when it first came out there were a few hackers -- aimbotting, teleporting, moving items to a pile, stuff like that. But I took a couple month break in between then and just the beginning of summer. Since then I don't believe I've encountered a hacker, at least not one that is obvious. I've encountered several people who are exploiters though -- using glitched mags (don't know if they're hacked in or glitched).

• Like 1

Don't know if it was a hack or a bug, but last night my LMB would stop working. I would have to completely restart the game to get it to work again.

Also saw a guy running at an altitude of about 10'-15' near dubrovka really fast(looked like a good 2-3x normal run speed)

Last three times my group and I played we came across hackers.

• Have video of us taking down 5 clan members and when looting them find a ton of endless mags. Their clan name is KO$A I believe. They all had M4s as well, and given how rare those are now I felt that unlikely to be legitimate. We died to a 6th person who we never found.
  • Next lives come across someone in Berizino. After a gunfight we kill them and find a fully kitted M4 with endless mags. About 20 seconds after we killed them server went down.
  • Just now, NE airfield, three of us in the radio tower after infiltrating and taking out someone some guy shows up and starts talking to us. Then another guy shows up, first guy kills him and we wait it out. Suddenly we hear M4 fire, guard downstairs is dead (doors still closed, no one inside but us). Guy says come out with hands up or he'll kill all of us. We know the guy is on the back side of the building from voice chat, and then we spot him via 3rd person right up against the back wall of the building. More M4 fire, second guy dies in the middle of the room (as in not glitching through a wall). Then he tells me, to come down, he knows I'm laying down on the top floor, and he'll kill me. At this point we know this guy is hacking as he's obviously just shooting through walls somehow. So I try to log, and get back in another server and I'm dead. 

So I think we're going to retire from the game for a bit until they get this sorted. We enjoy the PVP, as there isn't much else to do at the moment in the game. And if the PVP zones are going to be THAT populated with script kiddies and hackers, then it's worth taking a break and hoping the devs can sort this out. 

• Like 2