RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I have to eat my words about the hacking situation. Until yesterday I never really had any problems with them. Just leave the coast and play inland and you wont see them. With the latest patch is was even better for 2 days but since yesterday I can´t say that any more. It feels like those "teleporter/loot scripters" are everywhere. Together with the weapon sway it was just enough for now. I don´t blame the devs or want to complain to harsh but for me there is no sense in testing/playing it right now. If I die to a bug I am ok with it, if I die to a player/ZED no problem but the current situation is just not what I can bear. But I guess there will be a hotfix soon else I have to wait for 5-6 weeks? Don´t want to lose my last geared char to someone "magically" appear next to me, take all my stuff and kill me before telling me, that I just got "hacked".  

Long story short: Current state of "hacking" is like my experience with dayzmod before I switched to private and whitelisted hives back in the days. 

• Like 2

I've never understood why people are so hell bent on defending blatant cheaters.

Most of it is copy paste from the cheat sites.

Just got killed by a teleport hacker.

That mean new undetectable hack is around for now.

Hope Battleye get updated soon and execute ban wave.

I have to eat my words about the hacking situation. Until yesterday I never really had any problems with them. Just leave the coast and play inland and you wont see them. With the latest patch is was even better for 2 days but since yesterday I can´t say that any more. It feels like those "teleporter/loot scripters" are everywhere. Together with the weapon sway it was just enough for now. I don´t blame the devs or want to complain to harsh but for me there is no sense in testing/playing it right now. If I die to a bug I am ok with it, if I die to a player/ZED no problem but the current situation is just not what I can bear. But I guess there will be a hotfix soon else I have to wait for 5-6 weeks? Don´t want to lose my last geared char to someone "magically" appear next to me, take all my stuff and kill me before telling me, that I just got "hacked".  

Long story short: Current state of "hacking" is like my experience with dayzmod before I switched to private and whitelisted hives back in the days. 

Yeah, there is right now teleport hacking in DayZ standalone.

Your post reminded me DayZ mod when there was teleport hacking going on at every server 24/7 and Batttleye was so slow with updateting to ban those that whitelist server came to save the day.

We will see how long it will take for DayZ Standalone version to deal with teleport hacking.

Now there is no point in going in land becouse you have high chance to be teleport killed. Just chill on the coast and let's see how fast (if) Battleye gonna ban wave.

Edited by Frosti

Just got killed by a teleporter hacker like back in DayZ mod.

I just hope that Battleye ban wave is on the way and we will not have to wait months like in DayZ mod for teleport hacking plague to stop :S

Can you guys stop with the I am so lucky crap. Its mainly not down to luck, of course if you spend your time anywhere other than the area between NEA, Svetlo and Berezino of course you aren't going to see hackers. However if you go pvping on a 40 player server in BZ, you will probably see at least one maybe even 2 or 3.

And the people who try and say they haven't seen any hackers so its mean there are none are the worst.

DENIED. 

I played in 40 player servers near BZ/Lumber Mill, and did not have any hackers encounter, so.. lucky ME! yay :D

Just got killed by a teleporter hacker like back in DayZ mod.

I just hope that Battleye ban wave is on the way and we will not have to wait months like in DayZ mod for teleport hacking plague to stop :S

You only just posted in this thread, please use it. There's no point in opening a thread about it.

Merged.

You see, you can always chose not to, if you know exactly what's going to happen.

There is no need to go into a high PVP zone, if you know what's happening anyway and that you expect there to be hackers.

This is not an excuse, but it's also not an excue to blame the dev's, just because you want to PVP. You will have to change your behaviour, if you have the knowledge of some areas not working for gameplay.

Yes but it shouldn't be like that. PVPing on High pop is the only fun thing to do in the game atm yet you can't even do that. Not sure why you can't blame the devs, hacking is inexcusable in any game and the fact it's so rampant in this one is incredible. I have changed my behaviour, by rarely playing the game until it is fixed.

DENIED. 

I played in 40 player servers near BZ/Lumber Mill, and did not have any hackers encounter, so.. lucky ME! yay :D

Not sure you understood my post correctly.

• Like 1

You see, you can always chose not to, if you know exactly what's going to happen.

There is no need to go into a high PVP zone, if you know what's happening anyway and that you expect there to be hackers.

This is not an excuse, but it's also not an excue to blame the dev's, just because you want to PVP. You will have to change your behaviour, if you have the knowledge of some areas not working for gameplay.

That's almost as much of a bad reply as Boneboys personal messages.

"You should know there's gunna be hackers, don't go there lol"

• Like 1

Namely:

• Steal equip hack
  • Teleport hack
  • Aim bot
  • Wall hack (with unlimited reach)
  • Duping (only one understandable)

Server-side cheating:

• Insta kick on public hive
  • Public hive locked servers

Issues with cheating is reaching absolute edge of what players can endure. You refuse to solve server side cheating, I get it, you dont have a time to contact provider, so here is what I suggest:

Create topic to report all servers with behavior mentioned above, for players it is much faster than to contact specific providers, once per week take a bit of time to inform providers and shutdown servers or let community to do it, but simply create a place to gather information about this issue.

About hacking, make official statement and make hard punishment for proved hacker. Personally I would suggest to close their account AND make their IP and SteamID public (community will do the rest, I can assure you).

This wont get any better and needs to be dealt with.

Edited by Darke
  • Like 1

About hacking, make official statement and make hard punishment for proved hacker. Personally I would suggest to close their account AND make their IP and SteamID public (community will do the rest, I can assure you).

Merged.

Also, what you are asking won't happen. They are getting banned, and that's that. No lynch mobs, no pitchforks, but a ban from BattlEye servers.

They are getting banned, and that's that. No lynch mobs, no pitchforks,

But but somebody should kick their ass like in " Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" movie

Simple ban is proved to be incredibly ineffective. Time to find better way.

Prevent further sales of that game to that account and any future account with similar characteristics (name, DoB, address, IP, bank, PC Dets) unless proven not guilty?

Don't forget, that there is law (mostly local) in the way. What you want is justice, but "justice" has many different faces - and outcomes. Banning is simple, safe and subtle. For authorities that is.

Hello there, first post! :)

We (my group of 4 people) have just been killed by a guy at the northeastern airfield. While this is nothing special, there was something very weird.

I was overwatching the airfield with 2 friends so my other friend (who got killed before) could go in and loot some weapons. I spotted a guy, 200-250m away who glitched across the whole airfield at lightning speed, back and forth. then he instantly stopped and looked in our direction, I panicked and gave a shot, it hit his legs. His legs were broken (?) and he simply disappeared. 5 Minutes later, all our characters put their weapons to their back and my friend died by a headshot. I see the same guy from before charging our direction, I flank him, switch to my secondary weapon, which my character also automatically puts back in the backpack upon looking at the guy. We couldn't even equip our weapons and ofcourse, died.

Is that normal, glitches, or simply a hack? The fact that we couldnt even re-equip our weapons make me think it was the latter...

Simple ban is proved to be incredibly ineffective. Time to find better way.

Coming soon.™

Hello there, first post! :)

We (my group of 4 people) have just been killed by a guy at the northeastern airfield. While this is nothing special, there was something very weird.

I was overwatching the airfield with 2 friends so my other friend (who got killed before) could go in and loot some weapons. I spotted a guy, 200-250m away who glitched across the whole airfield at lightning speed, back and forth. then he instantly stopped and looked in our direction, I panicked and gave a shot, it hit his legs. His legs were broken (?) and he simply disappeared. 5 Minutes later, all our characters put their weapons to their back and my friend died by a headshot. I see the same guy from before charging our direction, I flank him, switch to my secondary weapon, which my character also automatically puts back in the backpack upon looking at the guy. We couldn't even equip our weapons and ofcourse, died.

Is that normal, glitches, or simply a hack? The fact that we couldnt even re-equip our weapons make me think it was the latter...

It was a hack.  Unfortunately DayZ SA is so full of hackers right now that the rest of us are there simply to entertain them.  You can't even safely play in areas away from Berezino and the NE airfield because several people have reported teleporting hackers who find you in the middle of nowhere. 

There are rumors of a big ban coming soon.  Hopefully this will be very soon, and then we can try playing once again. 

• Like 4

Don't forget, that there is law (mostly local) in the way. What you want is justice, but "justice" has many different faces - and outcomes. Banning is simple, safe and subtle. For authorities that is.

I would like to point out that it seems like only justice that you consider completely lawful and without any chance of backfire is customer getting back his money as he can´t play a game because of badly handled hacker and server hosting issue.

That is, if you have evidence, and even more.

Alpha isn't very solid ground to begin with. Trainer users (most of them doesn't know a thing about cracking) are nothing more than temporary obstacle - sure! they're not going to disappear entirely, but mostly. Personally, i don't belive that developers will just leave this problem untouched. No, if this game is aiming for the top, then it must deal severly with security problems.

Banning is most popular method - and it has enough power, but only, when it's used correctly. It can't just block ip, not today.

qdGYygw.gif

People are getting global banned on experimental servers right now.

Ban wave is comming.

• Like 2

qdGYygw.gif

People are getting global banned on experimental servers right now.

Ban wave is comming.

O8Xyo24.jpg

Edited by emigrates

O8Xyo24.jpg

OK..how much longer for regular..just about done for awhile if this isn't fixed. Last week hack 3 ..buddy and me 0.

Would be great if the devs could create/include a Server rating system that would allow people to upvote/downvote servers based on admin behavior/server side hacking. Been in few servers awhile back where you could tell when you killed the admin, as within seconds of the kill the server would lag hard and go down. 

• Like 1