RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I was frapsing our game and caught a hacker/glitcher in the act. Its just such a hard thing to regulate and report, so i do hope this PBO issue fixes a lot of this shit.

Check my vid

Just looks like typical desync tbh, Might have been using ESP to see your location, might have just did the same thing as you did and came across you.

I thought the same, but we had an hour of flawless gaming. Yet the second someone turns up, My screen glitches, and my buddy loses all game controls and is unable to do anything. Yet this guy is able to run into a building (Skip all the loot) find my mate directly in the room he was hiding in. shoot him then shoot me. We set it up so the building had all the doors closed and we remained hidden, nobody had any reason to suspect we were there or had even been there so it Doesn't sound the like normal actions of someone checking a high loot building to me. He was the only one in the vicinity that has full control when 2 of us were glitched or lost controls

Edited by archamedes

BE do something... now this hacks is going to be the most popular than anyone else! Because cheaters can now approach to you without scaring to be shoot, as they unarm all your group then they come to hunt you down.

I dragged a 60 round stack to an empty mag. Nothing happened, the ammo disappeared and I literally got this smiley in the notification area:

<3

Rocket bloody did it again.

It will be detected by BE and the ban wave is comming. Its that BE should insta ban and not just every 20-30 days.

It will be detected by BE and the ban wave is comming. Its that BE should insta ban and not just every 20-30 days.

And who ever said that? BE bans for individual hacks are usually delayed for 1-3 days, always depending on the hack ofc.

I too have been teleport killed. Alone in a server, middle of nowhere.

The only hack I've run into so far is the teleporting hack. From what I've read, most people are themselves being teleported by hackers/badmins, but both times when I've seen it, the hacker teleported himself to me.

I'm on a server with literally one or two people on it I'm in the middle of nowhere (not Elektro, Cherno, airfields, roads, railways, etc.) so it's not server-hopping for loot. I don't see or hear the guy and I get shot in the back by an M4 and killed. A very frustrating way to die.

Hackers tend to stick to the lower pop servers. Be warned, and happy looting!

Cannot wait for the "global ban?" threads over at steam.

I read the jail glitch is fixed. Is it? 

I was just watching a DayZ SA stream on twitch, and he had that gear steal thing happen to him right on stream... gear gone and pop he was unconsious.

This needs to be resolved fast, or it'll come back and bite them which I do not want to happen.

It's also kinda a double wammy, time now has to be taken out to resolve this shit that's not go into development of the game... so some kids with an ego problem slows down a great game.

I'm no longer seeing masses of threads about people getting their gear stolen. From what I read one paid hack had implemented this, hopefully those [expletive]'s all got banned. And I'm hoping monday's update sees changes that'll make this hack impossible.

Anyone had their gear stolen recently? 

Fair play to be and bi, I'm an old school pre-agile type of guy but that was as agile as fuck!

I think hacking probably went down a bit with the patch as people are most likely spreading out a bit more and checking out the new content, though I'm sure it's still going on.

There's hope though: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/28n5l2/hicks_206_todays_experimental_update/cici826?context=3

Sounds like they're going to implement a fix to experimental, and if it works pop it over to stable pretty quick here.

Trying not to be "rantey" with this ... but what exactly is BattlEye doing ? Those of you not in denial (or not hacking yourselves) know that hacking is absolutely rampant in DayZ SA, to the point of being ridiculous. I haven't seen such a high frequency of blatant hacking ever, to include garbage F2P games where hacking is completely expected, and almost accepted. The biggest thing that bothers me is again, how blatant it is, these guys don't even bother trying to hide that they're hacking, which means one thing, and one thing only, they aren't afraid of repercussions. This is caused by a number of things, like the lack of a reporting system (ridiculous) inability to see player names (understandable from a realism standpoint) and of course the big one, the ineptitude of the anti-cheat system ...

I say all this to say, I absolutely guarantee this is driving players away. Who knows how many, but after the 10th time you've spent 10 hours getting all the gear you want, and set out to go play hero, and some guy just blinks into existence in front of you, says something asinine, and then steals your gear piece by piece before shooting you in the face, I'd say it would be pretty surprising if you DIDN'T quit, at least for a while.

I don't know ... everyone just seems to be taking this in stride, consoling themselves with the "its alpha" and the "Battleye banwaveeee!" and the "Theyll fix the code eventually, god, go play something else, loser!" and I really don't get it ... I dunno how clear the message I'm trying to get across is, but the audacity of the hackers in this game means that they are NOT AFRAID of being caught, banned, and paying any consequences. Anyone who has played a lot of online games should know what I mean. These douchebaskets are usually very, very cautious about where when and how they use their hacks, aimbotting from a distance, not raging when they die, and teleporting right back to who killed them with full kit to get revenge, etc. etc. and they simply are not at all restrained in DayZ ... the second a new hack comes out its EVERYWHERE, and they are all gleefully using them to directly mess with legit players ... If something isn't done, this is going to turn into HackZ, where literally everyone who isn't hacking is just going to wash their hands of this game, and move on to something else. Yes, that even means you, inevitable several people who comment saying "5000 hours played and I no seez hackrs, mebbe you just lagging or no good player?" (nothing says "I'm a liberal irl!" like refusing to acknowledge reality when its right in front of you)

Anyhoo ... love the game, think progress is happening ... albeit slowly ... but really ... there needs to be some kind of active policing going on in order to keep new folks from leaving, and or just not starting the game ... right now its a hackfest, and hackfests usually keep that stigma even after they've cleaned up their act. BI has already made metric sh*t tons of money and the game isnt even released yet, but if they want to make even more when it is released, they really should try and address this somehow. I think the simplest, and most effective method is to make something like a server report method. if you're killed by, or see a hacker, zooming around, teleporting, stealing gear, etc. there should be a menu option to make a live report of that server, which gets immediately forwarded to BattlEye, who can then actually send someone to spectate all the different players till they find the hacker, then issue a ban. Boom, problem solved. And as an added bonus, these little Sh*t stains will start to feel scared every time they use their little hack script, wondering if all of a sudden their screen is going to go black and read "you have been permanently banned, rot in hell, loser" in white text. I don't have a clue if there is anything built into the software right now to allow any kind of spectating, but if not, it wouldn't be difficult to add, especially compared to trying to close all the loopholes which allow the hacks to work in the first place.

Any thoughts on this ? To me it seems simple, practical, and a hell of a lot more effective than whatever BattlEye is doing now, because whatever it is, like I said ... the little girlfriendless sh*tstains aren't afraid, and we NEED to change that somehow.

• Like 2

One of the more well written hack rants ive read, you have my beans.

Trying not to be "rantey" with this ... but what exactly is BattlEye doing ? 

Does banning all public hacks and private hacks count as doing something? Because that's what BE is doing

I think the simplest, and most effective method is to make something like a server report method. if you're killed by, or see a hacker, zooming around, teleporting, stealing gear, etc. there should be a menu option to make a live report of that server, which gets immediately forwarded to BattlEye, who can then actually send someone to spectate all the different players till they find the hacker, then issue a ban. Boom, problem solved. And as an added bonus, these little Sh*t stains will start to feel scared every time they use their little hack script, wondering if all of a sudden their screen is going to go black and read "you have been permanently banned, rot in hell, loser" in white text. I don't have a clue if there is anything built into the software right now to allow any kind of spectating, but if not, it wouldn't be difficult to add, especially compared to trying to close all the loopholes which allow the hacks to work in the first place.

Haha. Yes, why ban hundreds of cheaters at once with a banwave, when you can ban one at a time?

/sarcasm

Edited by TSAndrey

script kiddies are scared to script in the first days after an update, because they are afraid something might have been put in the new patch to jump on their hack. wait a week see what happens.

Mainly, they will try it sooner or later because they bought it - even if other people have been caught.

they not smart

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

I'm no longer seeing masses of threads about people getting their gear stolen. From what I read one paid hack had implemented this, hopefully those [expletive]'s all got banned. And I'm hoping monday's update sees changes that'll make this hack impossible.

Anyone had their gear stolen recently? 

Fair play to be and bi, I'm an old school pre-agile type of guy but that was as agile as fuck!

Thanks for confirming that the situation improved somewhat.

For bans to really hurt, the game must not be too cheap. Currently it's a little reduced on steam, but I think the game should at least cost €30 and not go on sales.

Got killed by a hacker today in hardcore server, i think it was a hacker. I was in NA prison, and started hearing footsteps in a grass around the building, i hided in on corner, where is no windows, now areas to kill me, only from inside, so footsteps around the building was for about 1-2minutes, and just BAM from nowhere, 1shot kill from a mosin, and i can give 100% that guy who shoot me was not in a building or could see me truth windows, any thougths?

After having a character that has been alive for like 2 weeks after logging in at the most northern point of the map 2 hackers popped up and shot me down for my gear...............im didn't even know they had teleport hacks yet but the hackers are always able to prove us wrong,

Well with all the other problems in this game we can add teleport hacks to it ;-; 

• Like 1

Sooner or later they will get banned. Teleport hack will not be forever.

funny thing is, got a playtime of almost 200 hours, and still haven't seen any hacker. Lucky me. Yay :D

Can you guys stop with the I am so lucky crap. Its mainly not down to luck, of course if you spend your time anywhere other than the area between NEA, Svetlo and Berezino of course you aren't going to see hackers. However if you go pvping on a 40 player server in BZ, you will probably see at least one maybe even 2 or 3.

And the people who try and say they haven't seen any hackers so its mean there are none are the worst.

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section i am very new. I met a guy on skype who also plays DayZ he says he knows ways to cheat and like go through walls and stuff since i am only getting the game next month i cant get pics but many people complain about him he says many people rage cause he keeps cheating. also he says he tries to keep the cheating snall s you guys don't know please help me i want a legit and awesome place to play. this will also allow mayn other people to have awesome fun and not be at a disadvantage.

However if you go pvping on a 40 player server in BZ, you will probably see at least one maybe even 2 or 3.

You see, you can always chose not to, if you know exactly what's going to happen.

There is no need to go into a high PVP zone, if you know what's happening anyway and that you expect there to be hackers.

This is not an excuse, but it's also not an excue to blame the dev's, just because you want to PVP. You will have to change your behaviour, if you have the knowledge of some areas not working for gameplay.

Merged.

Even if you're new, please atleast spend one minute to search for the correct place to post in, especially if there's an official, pinned topic about it.