RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

I agree, if anything it should be compared more to a proper mmo.  Yes hacking exists even in those games, but I was never killed by a guy teleporting around or doing anything very serious in most mmos I've played.  Duping is always an issue in these types of games, but straight hacks not so much.

I have confidence they'll eventually work this shit out, but I think they need to focus a bit harder on it.  It's extremely common right now.

I've seen a couple of teleporters and quite a few I suspect were using .pbo hacks around Berezino and NEAF.

It seems the best way to not be killed by them is to just not hang out in those areas. I'm yet to see any dodgy behaviour on the western side of the map.

Encountered a cool hack today.  Me and two friends were near Kraz/the neaf at a fountain.  Then all our gear started disappearing off our characters till we were naked.

Pretty bogus.

I've been suspicious that cheaters have killed me before, but this time was too much.  Two of my friends and I logged into a BE enabled server.  We were in a house near the Berezino police station.  About 30 seconds after we logged in, one of my friend's gear started to disappear one by one until it was all gone.  This took about 6 seconds.  Then the same thing happened to my 2nd friend.  I then logged off hoping to avoid this, but my 2nd friend said that a few seconds after I logged off the cheater opened the door and killed all 3 of us.  We're all back in the middle of no where with no gear.  Later DayZ.

This was too much, this same happened to us last night, we were four people playing and in 10 seconds we were completely unarmed and with broken legs. The other types of hacks were relatively bearable, but this was too much.

I've played over a thousand hours of DayZ Standalone and there are...... Tons of hackers, lol.... Any nay sayers are either trolling or just ignorant to the facts... The game's source code was "leaked" (lol @ BI), in other words, it's a hacker's paradise right meow...

Unfortunate, but the game is just fun enough to put up with the punishment.... :-)

I stream DayZ every day and I have a million different clips of hackers within all of my footage. Just laugh at those in denial and move on. 

Is the problem with hackers in DayZ worse than other games? Absolutely!

• Like 1

It's just a big joke, guys.... Come on......

Hackers in DayZ???? Nawwwww

Sry for double post... even on the forums, the lag hits just like in DayZ.... lol

Edited by DTebbs87

Posted in another thread, but feel like this would be more appropriate:

Same thing just happened to me and two of my friends on the server "Treehouse Killers" in Berezhino. We were over by the smoke stack building near the coast and a guy comes running up at us dipping in and out of the ground. Literally going all the way down into the ground and then popping back up. He killed one of my friends then totally disappeared back into the ground, after which he promptly popped back up behind me and shot me in the back with his m4. Not saying that Battleye isn't doing anything, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when it happens to you.

Yup. DIdn't have hackers for the first 40 hours. Now almost every highpop I join I get hacked. I try to play with friends and we all died to hackers and lost everything.

4 days in a row every single highpop I get hacked. Not just once, not twice, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Completely ruined the game for me, won't be playing till the next patch or security update. 

I really like this game even in its current state. but over the past week I get dsync everytime I get close to someone, or I get hacked.

I suggest getting away from Berezino and the Neaf guys, while it doesn't solve everything and it sucks because it leaves few options left to encounter legitimate players, those are by far the worst spots.  Hackers seem pretty lazy and stick to where the most people are.

I've played over a thousand hours of DayZ Standalone and there are...... Tons of hackers, lol.... Any nay sayers are either trolling or just ignorant to the facts... The game's source code was "leaked" (lol @ BI), in other words, it's a hacker's paradise right meow...

Unfortunate, but the game is just fun enough to put up with the punishment.... :-)

I stream DayZ every day and I have a million different clips of hackers within all of my footage. Just laugh at those in denial and move on. 

Is the problem with hackers in DayZ worse than other games? Absolutely!

Gave you beans, but I disagree about cheaters being a worse problem than in other games. I can only compare it to Battlefield 3 though, but it's worse there. I only have about 50h in BF3, 35 this year, but I recorded the game three times because of cheaters. That was on team deathmatches and only blatantly obvious cases, I often have the impression that an autotrigger/aimbot combination is used. Don't even want to think about ESP in BF3. The problem is that it is more frustrating in DayZ.

hi all just a factual update on current status of hacking in dayz.

last few nights i have been playing quite  a few hours on regular servers  in berezino, with a group of friends, and there are multiple people hacking on every single server, with unlimited ammo and teleport, also some kind of speed cheat,

it is totally unplayable, unless you have a hack too i guess, although we have just carried on playing anyway. im sure many people dont need to read this to know it, but thats my 'hacking update' =)

edit : if you type dayz  hacked into google the top result is a free hack for standalone, last updated yesterday, the website looks almost the same as dayz website with the colours and logo. duno if im allowed to type this in forums, but just searching google for a few seconds = /thread really.

Edited by qww

The last few nights have been terrible to play the game. Tonight and the last couple of nights me and my team mates have had all of our gear stripped off us while we are standing there. leaving us with nothing.

I love the game but if this kind of stuff keeps up nobody is going to play it anymore. There has to be a way to correct all the hacking going on and its just getting worse lately.

Well I guess the good thing is that everyone who used hacks especially those free ones, will be banned with the next BE ban wave.

Thats one way to get rid of cheaters.

The bad thing, some dont care about that, because the game is cheap enough, to buy it again and continue hacking..

But there is one thing I dont understand. Why BI wouldnt let us have private non hive servers with more control options for admins. I would rather have some admin abuse than a 5+ hackers on each server.

Edited by Nienko

So once again I got killed by a hacker, repeatedly. A once a week antihack from battle eye sucks get another company to handle that stuff. Global bans are useless I had multiple hackers claim that they are getting multiple functioning game keys in .zip files. Is it so hard to write a script that prevents abnormally fast movement and player detection?

Edited by BRCojones

Global bans are useless I had multiple hackers claim that they are getting multiple functioning game keys in .zip files.

Not in this game.
  • Like 1

Well I guess the good thing is that everyone who used hacks especially those free ones, will be banned with the next BE ban wave.

Thats one way to get rid of cheaters.

The bad thing, some dont care about that, because the game is cheap enough, to buy it again and continue hacking..

But there is one thing I dont understand. Why BI wouldnt let us have private non hive servers with more control options for admins. I would rather have some admin abuse than a 5+ hackers on each server.

I guess having private hives with more admin options is not really that useful for development at the current state. They will probably be introduced somewhen after feature completion - well that's when I would do it anyways. Maybe earlier depending on the team stuctures at BI and the goals, maybe a group is done before others and is assigned to working on that early. Of course I don't really know, but private hives introduce a complete new range of things that can go wrong and there is no reason that it absolutely must be part of the game with final launch, so...

Edited by bautschi

Games getting really fucking boring with all the hackers.  I'm hesitant to even say where my group hangs out lately as it seems to be the only place without too many hackers, but any time we try to mix it up and go any where else, its hackers or glitchers every single time.  Like without fail.

Staying in the same town is getting super dull.

Does anyone have any quotes or sources on whether they're even actively doing anything about these sort of cheat codes right now?

I know they're addressing wall glitching and ammo duping, but what about the actual hacks.  I mean I've no doubt they're doing something but is it any sort of priority?

Edited by Bororm

This is getting pretty insane with the hacks. People are able to take all your gear while you're still alive at a distance now.

It happened to me and a friend.

Others can move around at super fast speeds, go through walls and are impossible to kill.

The hacks are getting out of control.

I know it's an alpha but it's crazy.

I say hire the people that write the hacks to write the protection.

Boneboys, I have no permission to quote you. PPS4U? Well google tells me it probably means Powerpoint Presentations for you, so can you elaborate?

EDIT: Ok, now your second post is displayed as a response to a quote...quoting the second one is possible, the first one not.

Edited by bautschi

Yesterday I was killed by a guy with speedhack and wallhack. I was on the roof of one of the tall buildings in berezino, near the police station, the apartments. I was there lying down for maybe 10 minutes, because I was waiting for a friend. Suddenly  I saw a guy 800m way running like a car, carrying two weapons. we just run straight to my building ( we couldn´t by a chance know that I was there, I didn´t even move, and the build is really tall), he started to fire his mousin to the building, hitting the walls, clearly trying to hit me. Suddenly he disappears and appears again near me and killed me with an m4. In maybe 2 secs he was on the top of the building.

After I respawn, I found a new player in Dubrovka. He just bought the game, we talked for a while,He told me he was very excited because he saw some cool videos about the game and was trying to learn how to play.  I taught him some things and told him to be carefull because there was hackers in the game, and almost every body was KoS. After 2 minutes the same hacker killed us on our way to Berezino, there he was, running like a ferrari, and killed two new spawns that had a bike helmet and a baseball bat.

I don´t understand what is the fun of ruining the game, ruining the community and make new players hate the game.

I think that there should be a special team of devs only to improve the security of the game. I know that all the games have hackers, and that this is an alpha, but when you create an alpha version for people who bought the game, you should have security of the community will be ruined before the game even hit the release version

Lol this game is a shipwreck right now. Everywhere are hackers or wall glitches. Couple of days ago at the NE airfield, one of the server admins was also there and kicked about 12 people off the server who were either hacking or in the floor or rooms of the prisons. After that NEA was completely empty which just sums up the state of the game right now.

Allow me to explain. you can put ammo in a 60 round mag and take it out and the amount u put in turns into a stack when u take it out. Shotgun needs more power because i got shot 3 times in the head (guy was 5 feet away) and I only bled a small amount. There are many hackers (I was suspected to be a hacker and a hacker tracked me down and killed me) I had instant jointime one time and i accidentaly killed my double when i thought it wass another guy and he saw it on some console hack and told me and so he chased then killed me (guys name is Foxa) he also rolls with a 9 man hacker squad and everyone including him uses speed hacks,.

Took a shot at a guy at the NEAF from 700 meters away. My gun goes missing and he teleports to me asking why i shot at him. He then proceeds to shoot me. Oh and he had my gun. Hacking is for noobs