RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

After 250+ hours of gameplay same thing happened to me last week (two times). First one was "friendly" cheater but sceond one just killed me.

Shooting through the wall is another story. I don't know if it is a cheat bug or something elese...

this happened to us right now, we ran like crazy chicken xD

You are referring to which program ?

Program that can manipulate in-game colors of textures.

No, I think this just change the colours to make the game colors more alive. I don't really know.

I don't really know the name. In any case my friend was already warned. 

There is a similar program (addon) for Starcraft 2 that manipulates colors that allows you see units better.

Technically it interfere with game's memory/files or something and is against terms of use but Blizzard decided to not ban for it (for now)

But in DayZ program that can manipulate colors and possibly make textures of players/items brighter/glowing/shiny  or whatever so you can see them better is very likely to trigger anti-hacks.

Edited by Frosti

I understand there is some third party programs that can get DayZ more "beautiful" (I think is something with the colors palette). Does this have any ban risk? Because I know a friend who tried it and he will not be happy if he gets banned for that.

They have no issues with theses programs with other anti cheats so no..

Because its not done in the memory side and doesn't hook into the game..

It changes no files...

Your talking bout realmware and sweet fx...

They don't change files in game so they cant be a bannable offence..

All they are is overlays which doesn't interfere with the game files..

It changes no files...

So there is nothing that stops such overlay to make players easier to spot? That would be some serious security problem.

First of all I've encountered a few hackers in DayZ. In my playtime (400 hours+) it's always been the same way. Hackers teleport/fly after you and kill you with an axe or an infinite mag. I don't really care too much but yesterday the hack (or script I don't know) was different. So it's story time:

Yesterday me and two friends were heading towards Berezino(yeah i know) coming from up north we were running through the woods with our weapons out. Getting closer to the town we reached a small open field we had to cross. Suddenly all three of us stopped and shouldered our guns. Then the only thing I heard was a "huh" of my friends and about 6 AK shots into my chest. I dropped and decided to respawn to maybe get some of my stuff back. While I was respawning my friends got shot by an AKM aswell. I had a good spawn so I managed to get my stuff back. When I was finished looting my corpse the whole thing started all over. I wanted to pull out my gun only to immediately shoulder it again. Then I was getting shot at again by the same guy(ofc he had a payday mask). I kept running and he kept missing. After he sprayed approximately one drum mag after me and not hitting a single shot I decided I should try to shoot him. I quickly realised this was impossible because everytime I tried to pull out my weapon I would just shoulder it again. So I kept running for like 3 minutes with this maniac behind me trying to unload another drum mag into me. Luckily he still couldn't shoot for shit but 1 out of 75 rounds hit and got me bleeding. I still managed to get away, bandage myself and log out safely.

I've never seen this kind of hack(/script) before and was wondering if anyone here can share this experience.

Greetings

Eventually they should get the hacks in DayZ worked out and the ones in DayZ Standalone.

I've been playing for a few weeks now and haven't seen to many myself.   :P 

At least it's better than some other zombie type MMO games that have like 90% hackers in them.......   lol

Edited by OptiKill34

At least it's better than some other zombie type MMO games that have like 90% hackers in them.......   lol

And that's true. DayZ Standalone have a lot less hacking going on than DayZ mod.

killed by teleporter hacker.

i've read the battleye poster say this before: BE cant fix what is broken in the game code

there needs to be DEV ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE EXISTENCE OF HACKS ie: memory scripting and simple simple holes that the devs have not CLOSED

seriously people

• Like 1

killed by teleporter hacker.

i've read the battleye poster say this before: BE cant fix what is broken in the game code

there needs to be DEV ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE EXISTENCE OF HACKS ie: memory scripting and simple simple holes that the devs have not CLOSED

seriously people

And you, 'pacific_coast', need to be held accountable for your previous behaviour here, and therefore can not be allowed to create new accounts to escape old bans.

Bye bye.

• Like 2

You are referring to which program ?

Sounds like he is referring to SweetFX which I believe BE does not ban for using although I've heard VAC has.

• Like 2

So there is nothing that stops such overlay to make players easier to spot? That would be some serious security problem.

No it

Sounds like he is referring to SweetFX which I believe BE does not ban for using although I've heard VAC has.

How can a over lay get you banned...

It cant,do some digging before you post this because theses are post process apps...

Its more like they had other things as well...

cant do that...

Who ever told you that is living in fantasy land..

It changes no files...

I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about. If you enable a 3rd party program that can suddenly make any zed or player around you have a green glow around them, this is going to be interfering with the game files in order to judge the border, spacing and movement of said characterisations. Even things like changing a gun skin interfere with the game files to replace the original, that's why you'll find most major league gaming series prohibit people making the slightest change like a skin change.

There's no such thing as a simple 'overlay', how is that 3rd party program to judge the location, distance, size and other factors of the environment it's going to be overlaying without interfering with the game itself?

False, like one of the administrators said above, hacking doesn't just have to mean teleporting or gun spawning. It can be a variety of things, hacking is just another word for 'making something easier' or to 'get around something'. Anything that you enable that changes variables, values or interferes with someones in-game experience to give someone an unfair advantage over another player or players is not permitted. It's ruining gameplay for both teams.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about. If you enable a 3rd party program that can suddenly make any zed or player around you have a green glow around them, this is going to be interfering with the game files in order to judge the border, spacing and movement of said characterisations. Even things like changing a gun skin interfere with the game files to replace the original, that's why you'll find most major league gaming series prohibit people making the slightest change like a skin change.

There's no such thing as a simple 'overlay', how is that 3rd party program to judge the location, distance, size and other factors of the environment it's going to be overlaying without interfering with the game itself?

False, like one of the administrators said above, hacking doesn't just have to mean teleporting or gun spawning. It can be a variety of things, hacking is just another word for 'making something easier' or to 'get around something'. Anything that you enable that changes variables, values or interferes with someones in-game experience to give someone an unfair advantage over another player or players is not permitted. It's ruining gameplay for both teams.

Sorry mate but go look they don't alter the game files 1 bit....

This has been discussed on other game tittles numerous times..

Its post process stuff nothing more...

If its banned in some leagues who cares does it alter game files no,and anybody that says it does is a joke...

Changing of gun skins will change game files so please keep the 2 separate,and you have just proven why ive stated that there was some thing more than just a overlay running..so..

Think bout it before you post incorrect info regarding theses programs..

Using Sweet FX or Realmware will not result in any bans period.

How ever changing of skins and other things inside the game will..

Which both programs don't allow you to do...

I played DayZ the mod, and quit because of the hacking.

I played Day standalone untill, today; my entire party of 5 all pretty much agreed on teamspeak that they "could not be bothered with this unplayable shit anymore" Unplayable meaning, too many hackers. What led upto todays quitting our hardcore server exclusive DayZ party is the following.

Encounter 1

NE airfield we go in with 5 people. 4 with an SKS, 1 with a Mossin. Everything covered stacked up at the door with 2 people for entry 3rd covering the door. Door opens instant M4 bullet rain from a guy sitting behind the stair covering the door. So yes, one of us down and him down. We check his corps. M4, 8 double mags, all his other gear in protective cases etc. Then his buddy shows up with his M4, he dies. His gear an almost identical copy of his buddy. While we are patching ourselves up 2 Bambis show up at the airport not even 2 minutes after those 2 douchebags died. Yelling Don't shoot don't shoot !!! then attacking with their fists a buddy of mine shot one, the other got punched out. Server switch to avoid the douchebags

Encounter 2,

Can't be arsed to type it all out. Shot by someone inside the wall, 2 of our party down before we knew which wall he was shooting through. The 3 others go for him from the two entrances in the building. He travels through the floor to kill one then faces the other door, and shoots the guy coming from that side. He exposed himself for that so the last guy of the party snipes him, kills him. About 1 minute later a guy looking just like the one who died shows up and kills the last surviving member of the party Yet time for another server

Encounter 3.

1 of our group, near one of the spawn locations one of our group dies to a very fast moving guy, 20 seconds later a second member of our party who spawned near him dies to a very fast moving guy. Then people started to log because they could not be bothered to meet up again and find something to shoot with. At this point the mod is a waste of time.

And to the guy whining about being banned. Go whine at battleye to whoever has to listen to you and your fello douchebags "the dog ate my homework" excuses. God knows that job would not be for me as I have a very low tolerance for "your" kind of people.

Edited by Arnie
  • Like 2

Sorry mate but go look they don't alter the game files 1 bit....

This has been discussed on other game tittles numerous times..

Its post process stuff nothing more...

If its banned in some leagues who cares does it alter game files no,and anybody that says it does is a joke...

Changing of gun skins will change game files so please keep the 2 separate,and you have just proven why ive stated that there was some thing more than just a overlay running..so..

Think bout it before you post incorrect info regarding theses programs..

Using Sweet FX or Realmware will not result in any bans period.

How ever changing of skins and other things inside the game will..

Which both programs don't allow you to do...

If it doesn't interfere, read, modify or write game files, how would an overlay understand the building it is looking at or the location of your character? SweetFX isn't an overlay but changes how DirectX works - nothing to do with the game, but we're not talking about SweetFX we're talking about an overlay, something to enhance say.. someones physical appearance in order to spot them better or highlighting a piece of environment.

Let me know and we can then discuss about posting incorrect information.

• Like 2

Hi, welcome to DayZ SA for Hackers...

This game is pure garbage now.  They will assure you that all of these issues are not actually Script kiddies but they are all hackers.  Look for my old posts on the subject.

With Dean saying hes leaving, The source Code being taken, BI becoming a partner in this......All that matters is Money man.  They will continue to push this game because it isnt affecting them in a negative way.  There bottom line remains un changed because idiots are still shelling out cash for a game for Hackers to Practice on.

Get ArmAIII and play a real game Breaking Point.  The Devs actually look into cheaters on the spot.  They have a TS help desk room where you can actually get shit done.  They release updates almost TOO MUCH!!  This game is just for the kids and hackers now man.

DayZ SA, where your game doesnt matter, sure we will spend time coding a bow and arrow and tents, but we wont fix our Zeds, Our buildings are garbage, and the exploits are amazing.   Just make sure that if you are one of the lucky Admins who have a server, you cant do anything about the hackers in your server!!  Just keep shelling out the money to support a group who could give two shits about you.

:)

Happy Hunting......Now give me my warning....

• Like 2

Hi, welcome to DayZ SA for Hackers...

This game is pure garbage now.  They will assure you that all of these issues are not actually Script kiddies but they are all hackers.  Look for my old posts on the subject.

With Dean saying hes leaving, The source Code being taken, BI becoming a partner in this......All that matters is Money man.  They will continue to push this game because it isnt affecting them in a negative way.  There bottom line remains un changed because idiots are still shelling out cash for a game for Hackers to Practice on.

Get ArmAIII and play a real game Breaking Point.  The Devs actually look into cheaters on the spot.  They have a TS help desk room where you can actually get shit done.  They release updates almost TOO MUCH!!  This game is just for the kids and hackers now man.

DayZ SA, where your game doesnt matter, sure we will spend time coding a bow and arrow and tents, but we wont fix our Zeds, Our buildings are garbage, and the exploits are amazing.   Just make sure that if you are one of the lucky Admins who have a server, you cant do anything about the hackers in your server!!  Just keep shelling out the money to support a group who could give two shits about you.

:)

This does not bode well, seems like theres really gonna be a hacker apocalypse that we all feared. Soon after BOTS will overtake the population and post as players with scripted response (RO). Then we will know its too late...

• Like 1

This does not bode well, seems like theres really gonna be a hacker apocalypse that we all feared. Soon after BOTS will overtake the population and post as players with scripted response (RO). Then we will know its too late...

The end of times are near!!  WE DIDNT LISTEN!

Obviously hacks are in every game!!  They will always be a part of gaming and open source things.....That is all understood, all im saying is the writing is on the wall.  I surely got my money and then some out of it.   I also learned a lesson with "Early Access Games".   H1Z1 is going to be insane, there are other games that are starting to do it better.  -_- DayZ SA was the reason i got back into PC....Still love the game for what it is, but am dumbfounded by either the lack of or just choosing to to fix simple game mechanics.  Zeds are still pretty darn broke....Infin Ammo Mags still are rampant and most of the of the people around these parts will say stay away from Lumbermill because of the hackers.

Thats pretty crazy if "Everyone" is playing good block,bad block in terms of hacker friendly towns.  Take all of the issue and line them up with the Devs and studio.  They have seriously made enough money to start over from scratch......yet they still cant get these Zeds figured out, or hire someone who can.  But hey dude, you can play with your new bow and deer in this sandbox that is filled with water.  I myself dont like to play in the mud.....All these awesome ideas and what not coming from above and the community, yet still no real  change from almost a year ago?  I was all down to do my testing duties, report bugs, go explore, test shot spread on guns.  No problem with stress testing cities when they started changing the spawns.  I just dont see why the base of the game wouldnt be fixed by now.  Hell save the hacker ban till the end im not overly worried about that.

My overall issue here is the lack of effort other than the forum mods who look around the forums to silence someone who says what i say.

• Like 4

My overall issue here is the lack of effort other than the forum mods who look around the forums to silence someone who says what i say.

No one is warning you and no one is silencing you. It sounds like you have a bit of a martyr complex.

As for the 'broken zeds', are you talking about the running-through-stuff thing?

Well, have a look here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204280-nav-mesh/

Bohemia have a reputation for supporting their products for a long time, I'm sure we will see the same happening when DayZ is, some day, actually finished.

There is no need for the vitriol, Goove.

• Like 2

No one is warning you and no one is silencing you. It sounds like you have a bit of a martyr complex.

As for the 'broken zeds', are you talking about the running-through-stuff thing?

Well, have a look here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/204280-nav-mesh/

Bohemia have a reputation for supporting their products for a long time, I'm sure we will see the same happening when DayZ is, some day, actually finished.

There is no need for the vitriol, Goove.

Two words..."Martyr Complex"

Happy Hunting

PS-  I have read the roadmaps and know what they "Want to do" ill believe it when i see it.

Edited by Goove
  • Like 1

Hello there

Where are these "silencing" mods?

You are allowed to have your opinion even if its a flawed one.

What we dont like you doing is insulting the team, be it mods or devs etc.

Just keep shelling out the money to support a group who could give two shits about you.

is borderline.

You dont have to like the game or us but you do have to abide by our rules which on the whole are very lax.

Criticise if you must but do it constructively.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
spells

Hell save the hacker ban till the end im not overly worried about that.

I disagree with this.  It doesn't bother me that an alpha game has bugs, as long as everyone who decides to play has to deal with the same bugs.  This is especially important in a PVP game (which DayZ SA is currently).  However when kids with daddy's credit card can buy cheats that make them virtually invincible, then the game becomes unplayable for the rest of us. 

I disagree with this.  It doesn't bother me that an alpha game has bugs, as long as everyone who decides to play has to deal with the same bugs.  This is especially important in a PVP game (which DayZ SA is currently).  However when kids with daddy's credit card can buy cheats that make them virtually invincible, then the game becomes unplayable for the rest of us. 

I understand i was just taking that stance for point of argument....its obvious but i have gone down the road of this game is hacked to shit and all i get is the Deal with it or stay away from lumbermill....Ive no longer made this a hacking thing and more of a dev team cohesive issue..

The hacks are just why i dont play anymore...much...

Happy Hunting!

I understand i was just taking that stance for point of argument....its obvious but i have gone down the road of this game is hacked to shit and all i get is the Deal with it or stay away from lumbermill....Ive no longer made this a hacking thing and more of a dev team cohesive issue..

The hacks are just why i dont play anymore...much...

Happy Hunting!

Just play on Experimental. There are still hackers (just encountered one minutes ago who put away my weapon) but you don't mind dying as much.

Was watching summit1g steam yesturday and a hacker was sitting like a geany floating...very biazare...fix this shit rocket..

http://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/b/551143016

watch from 03:11:00

Yeah, watched the video by summit1g, a hacker practically handed him a AKM and did the following things:

1. Teleport around punches and killed 2 of summit1g's companions.

2. Hacked and empty the ammo in summit1g's AKM

3. Its pretty messed up i say when players worked hard for their gear only being end up killed by a hacker

Oh ya man, and the floating hacker...god damn. Not to mention the swimming in mid-air >.<. Seriously, its getting out of hand.

Edited by cpchua