rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

Before I sound like a dick: Thank you for publishing this information so quickly.

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining. :)

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 25

Glad to see you are on it guys :)

Would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP before joining.  :)

Dont play for a couple of days to be on the safe side tbh :)

They are working on the problem, which is much better then working on a list of "working servers".

Patience my friend :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 6

Thanks for the info, Rocket!

To confirm, these are the servers/hosts that can't save or load character data properly?

yes, however it's subject to change as the hosters are notified and we're working with them to fix them. I'll update the list when we get more info.

• Like 4

Good deal! Get them the IPs to problematic servers guys, so we can all get back to enjoying the patch. If I weren't at work right now i'd be testing a bunch of them!

• Like 3

yes, however it's subject to change as the hosters are notified and we're working with them to fix them. I'll update the list when we get more info.

Cheers for the rocket-reply. Hehe, that should become a thing.

You said that the new update added "complexity" to running a server. Can you elaborate on that, so we humble serfs might understand?

• Like 2

Cheers for the rocket-reply. Hehe, that should become a thing.

You said that the new update added "complexity" to running a server. Can you elaborate on that, so we humble serfs might understand?

Servers can be set to work on a shard (a "walled garden" of the main database). This means that the server, in effect, is running on a separate hive (database) - even though that hive exists in the same database as all the others. It allows us to "support" private hives without the difficulty associated with running multiple databases. Currently we are running two shards, regular and hardcore. If the server hoster incorrectly configure their server, it will screw up and create it's own shard. Most of the servers in this list, however, have OS problems that are causing interruptions to HTTPS communication with the central server : thus they are not correctly saving/loading.

• Like 11

Servers can be set to work on a shard (a "walled garden" of the main database). This means that the server, in effect, is running on a separate hive (database) - even though that hive exists in the same database as all the others. It allows us to "support" private hives without the difficulty associated with running multiple databases. Currently we are running two shards, regular and hardcore. If the server hoster incorrectly configure their server, it will screw up and create it's own shard. Most of the servers in this list, however, have OS problems that are causing interruptions to HTTPS communication with the central server : thus they are not correctly saving/loading.

I...think I understand. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Is this what is causing some servers to not even save if you rejoin the same server as well though?  I've logged off of a server for a few minutes, only to log back into the same server and be back on the coast as a freshie.  

• Like 1

Dean, the correct data a player should be seeing would be a loadout from a few days ago, correct? I've noticed that while some servers that seemingly cannot connect to the hive are loading fresh spawns, those servers that do seem to connect to the central hive are loading database saves from a few days back. While i'm not complaining about it, I wondered if this is the correct data that should be showing up when the server does successfully connect to the hive?

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

Is this what is causing some servers to not even save if you rejoin the same server as well though?  I've logged off of a server for a few minutes, only to log back into the same server and be back on the coast as a freshie.  

"Most of the servers in this list, however, have OS problems that are causing interruptions to HTTPS communication with the central server : thus they are not correctly saving/loading."

I.e. they are not properly connected, therefore not saving/loading.

• Like 4

Maybe you could have some list hosted on this website, which would be checked by the game and those servers are marked with a little symbol in the serverlist then, so people can decide if they are sure to join that server. I see that there is a problem with certain servers losing quite some players then, but if you've restarted on one server like 3 times, the server would loose you as a player anyway.

Edited by Xmoe
  • Like 1

Oh, thanks for report us it :D it explains my random spawn position lol

Edited by Tonyx97
  • Like 1

Maybe you could have some list hosted on this website, which would be checked by the game and those servers are marked with a little symbol in the serverlist then, so people can decide if they are sure to join that server. I see that there is a problem with certain servers losing quite some players then, but if you've restarted on one server like 3 times, the server would loose you as a player anyway.

By the time we would write such a thing, we could have fixed the problems themselves.

• Like 8

Ello Rocket my roomie and I use the same computer and have separate steam accounts yet when I log onto mine it shows his character and name and vise versa any enlightenment on this?

• Like 1

Hi rocket, could you please have a look at a post I made about my character being bugged?

The servers you have linked are actually the only ones I CAN play on, the ones that have been updated with the correct hive etc are the ones with my bugged character on making the game on regular server unplayable, thanks.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167335-dayz-character-bug-has-made-the-game-pretty-much-unplayable-really-need-some-help-or-a-fix/

• Like 1

Thanks for such a quick update.

• Like 1

Ello Rocket my roomie and I use the same computer and have separate steam accounts yet when I log onto mine it shows his character and name and vise versa any enlightenment on this?

Yeah - good point. this whole change of the steam name thing I wasn't aware of, I'll check with Brian and let you know.

• Like 11

Before I sound like a dick: Thank you for publishing this information so quickly.

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining. :)

One night after the bar/club we were walking to the car. We decide to get a sausage from the corner vendor, the line is long. I give a pandering bum a 5 dollar bill. Then he asks for a cigarette, I give him one. Bum is hungry too and says he can't afford the sausage as he needs to fiver to get him through the next day. We buy him a sausage, no big deal. Then he says, "O man I'm so sorry but could you get me a drink?" We buy him a drink too. Can't eat a sausage without something to wash it down right? By this time he's blown through the cigarette and wants another. My buddy gives him the pack to get him off us. We attempt to leave, but he's following us. He asks if we're going a certain route because he could use a lift down the street. We had a full car and even if we didn't he wasn't getting in namsayin?

• Like 2

namsayin?

Not a clue.

EDIT: I wasn't asking for more and more and more - merely a thought to make it easier for the playerbase.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

He's saying don't be a bum?

I'd think it would be better to help out the team if we can. I mean this is kind of the point of alpha anyway, righto?

• Like 1

Hey Rocket, got a quick question:

I didn't update the game yet thus never logged in after the patch. For those who didn't update yet, is it safe to not login till it's all fixed or are we just screwed anyway?