rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

bacter, on 17 Jan 2014 - 5:54 PM, said:snapback.png

nice update,

but one thing really bothers me:

this makes it almost impossible to retrieve your gear after dying far away from the cost.

also, findig corpses is one of the most important aspects of exploring imho  :(

You're not supposed to. You've died - supporting that kind of metagaming negates the impact of permadeath. If you manage to get your gear, consider yourself VERY lucky.

Yes & no. If there aren't going to be victims to search (ie npc's (the original inhabitants aka zombie apocalypse aftermath / scenery) then leaving the bodies to be found and plundered would fix this lack of "realism"/ immersion props.

Edited by Turk

So what's this "beta access code" I have to enter to set DayZ SA to experimental branch?

After setting to "Preview testing version" it did not update.

I bought the Early Access for 25 €.

Yeah I'd prefer a script that cleans up your previous body when it enters your network bubble.

However I can see that check causing server issues especially with a lack of other body cleanup.

• Like 1

love the private hives coming out,we really need Tents or some place to store loot and mbe be able to start a base/camp tho

Are any work on optimization of the game?to increased fps,both in the cities and outside :blush:  :blush:  :blush: 

Edited by 1448
  • Like 1

Any fix for that "walk some time and your character gets stuck or starts rotating and game hangs and is previous location when logging back in" thingie

A :beans: W  :beans: E  :beans: S  :beans: O  :beans: M :beans: E

Edited by Jabaskunda
  • Like 2

2 words for this news:

"Fuck Yes!"

Good call on no working this weekend for the team.

Rest up and enjoy the weekend, dev team, then come back Monday and kill/crush it! We all appreciate the hell of a job you're doing!!!

So what's this "beta access code" I have to enter to set DayZ SA to experimental branch?

After setting to "Preview testing version" it did not update.

I bought the Early Access for 25 €.

Read the post again.

It will be updated on "MONDAY". 

Today is Friday in most nations and Monday in none.

• Like 1

RToday is Friday in most nations and Monday in none.

I think it's almost wednesday in Australia now.

• Like 5

Best list of new features.

Edited by AP_Norris

so the Randoom death bug i remember being on a empty server in the morning noone in i just run inside a train station building and i randoomly died? did u fix that rocket? and awso no SKS :(?

Wanted to go for release to experimental today (and we nearly did) but Brian correctly identified there were some significant database changes needed to be released with it, and we didn't want to do that late on a Friday. So Monday it is. Nobody supposed to be working this weekend, under strict orders to take a break!

They deserve it, indeed! I played through (almost ruined) the entire Christmas, and I was astonished I got updates every second day or so. A big thanks to the team for making me waste 80 hours! Ah well, time you enjoy wasting is not wasted. Looking forward to future updates.

Just one thing, Dean, don't give us any fancy HUD or skill tree as people are suggesting. It is survival for a reason, I don't want to know my blood and hunger in numbers. We don't see those things IRL, and we shouldn't in here either. So far the system for ("subliminal" messaging) telling the state of yourself is great and the saturation/blurriness is a perfect measure for me. It helps on the immersion.

The only thing I can justify is a statistic over how many you have helped and how many hours you've survived on the current character, it would be nice, gives you a right of bragging I guess. But then the bandit would need a statistic as well, to make it fair. Damn.

But know this, I have nothing but trust in that you will make this one of my favorite games of all time, after the Half-Life series, of course.

One Word in German: FETT!!!

Interesting that I haven't picked up on that, means FAT (as in foods) in Norway but is also used the same way if things are awesome (FETT). Weird that I've never heard it used by a German before, or maybe I have, then forgot about it... Well, I agree, it is indeed fett that this update is coming and is so filled with new things to do.

What kind of savage would paint their Mosin Nagant??

I guess some want their tacticoolness. And the more customization ingame, the more easily it will get to spot "badasses".

• Like 3

you cant fix combat logging just like that tbh i mean unless you add a 500m dome that blocks anyone from logging out when anyone is in it,(it could work tho) but could also be abused to see if anyone is close

QUESTION Will PumpAction Shotguns have the pump animations?, also will  this engine ever let us blow a zombies head/arm off?

Edited by Boston