1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

This thread feels like personal frustration instead of anything useful. The bandit skins were tried and tossed out in Day Z mod already.

Wait, when was the humanity and skin idea "tossed out"? Guess what; It's still there!

No we don't need this shit.

Sounds like someone's a bandit and doesn't wanna be identifiable.

• Like 2

As human nature plays a large role in DayZ currently, I fear a system like this may inhibit one natural human emotional response.

That is to say that in the process of Killing etc, it may become apparent to the aggressor that this is not the correct path, leading to a "change of heart".

Well as it stands now, I kill any person with firearm on sight, just in case. If there were any possibility to distinguish the hero guys and the rest I would not shoot the heros for sure. Not that I'd be a hero type of player, more of a neutral stand.

Because the general mood is KOS, I do it as well just to survive, anything else has always failed me. So - I see a guy, I kill the guy. I don't even try to make any contact with any person in the game. But, give me another option (to yell "friendly, friendly" or lower/hide my gun is just plain stupidity, not an option) to recognize a good guy and I won't do that. It would be a definitive plus for me. I'd try to talk to the person or just let him pass by.

Today it's just plain deathmatch, not a survival mod.

I'd even extend that KOS to anyone with any weapon.  Too many times I've had some random 12 year old chase me for 20-30 minutes with nothing but a wrench.

Sad to say, the only way to play this game if you don't like DYING all the time, is to KOS everyone you see.

If there was an OPTION to have Armbands on your own private server, I'd say the same thing.  If I saw someone with the Hero armband I might actually interact with them.  At a bare minimum I wouldn't shoot them on sight.

Short of that happening, just shoot everyone you see.  It's the only way to play this game if you don't want to die.

Bandits are the ones who shoot at you. Heroes are the ones who get shot by bandits.

Yep, 100% advantage to the bandit.

Bandits can KOS without hesitation.  Don't have to question intentions.  Don't have to talk or interact.  Don't have to be stealthy.  Just kill everyone you see.

Heros right now are just glorified bullet / axe sponges.

Seems balanced, right?

No such thing as heroes and bandits, simply players going about their business...

• Like 2

Being a hero is supposed to be harder I've have guys Ts there buddy's my location while I offered them ammo and saline packs, I've been frightened by people who upon death claim they would have been friendy. Honestly being a bandit is the easy way about things being a hero or a bandit hunter is harder but more fulfilling. The full of this game for me is having and interaction and being proud or ashamed of my shooting , tactics , bravery, cowardice,or ability to read body language . Right now I make a lot of mistakes I usually shoot people who are "friendly" or trust people that I would have been better off handcuffing and abandoning with nothing more than a handsaw and a can of bean. In hindsight I should have been able to tell by their words and actions, but that's what makes a game fun learning from yourself and the world around you.

Also having an item like an armband that bandits can't loot and abuse kind of goes against what this game seems to be about. People are supposed to be able to be manipulative. It forces you to learn to judge people based on the way they act instead of just looking for a mask or mustache ,plusen I like masks they are cool.

The "console type addition" is also then the unrealistic, unbelievable and all too often un-immersive murdering. Putting a label to the people who habitually kill others, such as military/mercenary "sterilizing" the area makes the killing realistic,believable and the game more immersive in my opinion. The only realistic killing in when people surprise each other in door ways with both their guns up and even thats a stretch.

Um, the VERY POPULAR mod called DayZ had bandit identification. It had it in the form of a head scarf. The Origins mod for DayZ had a series of pretty cool full re-skins and was a breath of fresh air to be able to protect survivors and fellow "heros" and it great to hunt bandits down from afar. In SA it is next to impossible to make a positive identification unless you just sit over watching new spawns (fuck that).

If your hunting bandits, doesn't that make you a bandit?

If your hunting bandits, doesn't that make you a bandit?

What i mean is hunting murderers, so no in this case i wouldn't. Many people use the term bandit and murderer interchangeably since the DayZ mod had skins given to murderers called "bandit skins".

Bandits can KOS without hesitation.  Don't have to question intentions.  Don't have to talk or interact.  Don't have to be stealthy.  Just kill everyone you see.

Seems balanced, right?

If heroes are glorified bullet/axe sponges then they should learn to play the game instead of playing the victim. Balancing something based on player knowledge and/or ability doesn't work for this game. hint hint

Seems balanced, right?

Heroes are balanced in real life, right? You all strive for realism in this game, right? Who knows who's toting a gun these days, ready to hold up a store? That's the whole point.

her·o·ism
ˈherōˌizəm/
noun
noun: heroism
  1. 1.
    great bravery.
    synonyms: braverycouragevalor, intrepidity, boldness, daringaudacity,fearlessness, dauntlessness, pluck, stout-heartedness,lionheartedness; More
  • Like 4

^^^^^^

Exactly the point i made 20 pages ago to find a bandit you have to interact in some way with him/her is that risky is it dangerous yes it takes bravery willing to risk your life i thought that was what a hero was???

Making bandits heroes stand out really just makes this a game with 3 sides bandits shooting heroes survivours, heroes shooting bandits and survivours shooting either depending on which they want to become....

Thats no where near as tense as what we have now the whole paranoia...

Edited by SoulFirez

still going eh?

yeah if only heroes ran round like this, then the game would be sorted! everyone would know what's what or whatnot? aye dead on..

water-wings.jpg

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 1

At the very least to substitute for not having unique faces and bodies and body language in the game, this game could definitely stand to have some way of identifying people who are dangerous. Or at the very least have some way of 'tagging' players you've interacted with positively or negatively in the past so you can 'recognise' them at a close enough range if you see them again.

Also nobody whines like a KOSer with someone threatening their nice little gunhappy paradise of psychos.

This game isn't here to hold your hand, figure out who the good guys and bad guys are on your own.

Seems balanced, right?

>.> First off.. How is this thread still a thing?

Second...Balance? Like game balance? What does balanced have to do with tactics, observation, and basic comprehension skills?

When having an inherently friendly play through you know what I do? Especially if I'm solo? I follow the rules of engagement. I don't walk up to groups of armed men waving my hands around and shouting friendly---that's a good way to get shot.

I don't talk to anyone unless I can control the situation with force, or if I have an escape plan.

Look. The post apocalypse is a terrible TERRIBLE place. Do you really have that kind naive faith in humanity, that we're all just going to be friends in arms when the chips are down? When there is no false principle to to lay some grandious impression of what a fantastic person you are, then the answer is no. No we're not. Petty pseudo-political social high-school/facebook face saving antics that our lives are saturated in---filthy disgusting lies---are going to take a back seat to the even more unsavory entity, the truth.  No. We're going to do whatever it takes to survive. We're going to do what humans have done since the very dawn of humanity; fight over resources.

All these little winges you go on about this proposed humanity system of yours? The social dynamics that you hate so much? These things are liable to change without some silly invisible karma system. What we need instead are practical goals and lofty heights to achieve. PvE is that is an actual threat, zombies that are a collective bullet sponge, environmental hazards, hunger, hunting, thirst, weather, body temperature, disease, ect...DayZ's current stage of development demands blood. There is nothing else to turn our guns on.

When the survival mechanics and Zed threat are in place and actually become risks? Real risks? Then fighting each other will be another risk that many won't favor dumping ontop of what they already have to deal with. And if you expose yourself while traveling or in a dangerous situation? Well then you deserved to get shot.

Will KoS and Banditry ever go away? No. Never. They might level out, but they will always be here, and the game is better for it. The spirit of this game is human interaction. Paranoia, not knowing who to trust, is at the heart of that. Deal with it, or move on.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

I think bandits and heroes should have different kind of under wear. When two people meet, they would both remove their pants to see what they are carrying under those camo pants.

• Like 1

isn't it funny how all the KoS kids are crying "nonono" we can't have that shit..."i can't play nice and shoot people in the back if they know i'm an asshole" i like the idea to make bandits easier to make out in some way

isn't it funny how all the KoS kids are crying "nonono" we can't have that shit..."i can't play nice and shoot people in the back if they know i'm an asshole" i like the idea to make bandits easier to make out in some way

Never played the mod did you ??? the mod had humanity hero bandit skins and you know what they were so exploitable it was not funny..... humanity was easy to farm so you would get guys farming humanity so they could trick people into trusting them and killing them(not to mention the ones who worked with bandits to lead people in traps.

You got guys in bandits skins who were friendlies but got the skin because they defended themself against the hero bandits and just normal survivours who were KOS players.

The whole system was a failed experiment and thats why rocket did not and currently does not intend to add humanity to the SA.

If you dont have a clue what your saying i find its better to keep silent then open your mouth and let everyone know your ignorant...

I can hardly believe you all want to go up to each player and ask if they are a bandit or not...

^^^^^^

Exactly the point i made 20 pages ago to find a bandit you have to interact in some way with him/her is that risky is it dangerous yes it takes bravery willing to risk your life i thought that was what a hero was???

Making bandits heroes stand out really just makes this a game with 3 sides bandits shooting heroes survivours, heroes shooting bandits and survivours shooting either depending on which they want to become....

Thats no where near as tense as what we have now the whole paranoia...

Game is tense enough for me already as a player who purposely values my gear going against the "don't get attached to your gear" adage, and my life. No interest in being a "hero" here. Just want combat. I'll take combat over the goofy, awkward, immersion breaking interactions any day of the week.

"Stop, im the Sheriff of Berizino!"

"say what!?"

"Ya dude, stop, im the Sheriff of Berezino!"

Edited by Thane

I can hardly believe you all want to go up to each player and ask if they are a bandit or not...

Game is tense enough for me already as a player who purposely values my gear going against the "don't get attached to your gear" adage, and my life. No interest in being a "hero" here. Just a pissed off vigilante. I'll take combat over the goofy, awkward, immersion breaking interactions any day of the week.

"say what!?"

lol if thats how you can only think to determine a bad guy well me explaining  how silly you sound would be a waste of my time wouldnt it?? instead ill resort to your level...

game ment to be authentic cause we all know in real life bad guys wear arm bands so cops can just spot them and arrest them.... shit we dont need any system in place to effecftively determine guilt, guilty people just show that they are...

WOW common sense why is it not very common in dayz community....

Edited by SoulFirez

Really? Kids? Why are they kids because they kill on sight? I'm 29 and I used to prolifically kill people on sight until they introduced the logout timer. Now I hold people up and generally let them go. At the very least, I've severely assuaged the genocide that was fueled by my distrust of other players. I still kill on sight from time to time. Do you think it's fair to judge people based on how they decide to play a certain game? If that's fair game, then I'm assuming from your general lack of grammar, punctuation and sentence structure that you're a twelve year old miscreant who's flunking out of school. Is that fair? No, it's not. Maybe you were in a rush when you typed your response, or better yet, you just don't care. That's how I play DayZ. I don't give a rat's ass how other people think the game should be played. I play the game how I want to play it, and I have fun in so doing.

We don't need to label heroes and bandits, because quite simply, neither actually exists. It's something a lot of you people are trying to drag from the mod, something that the lead developer has said he dislikes and doesn't see implementing any time soon, if ever. So yeah, the masses need to stop whining about this, and this thread needs to finally die and begin decomposition.

TL;DR:

Game is fine without labeling "bandits" and "heroes", neither of which technically exist. There are no bandits. There are no heroes. There are people making decisions in a game of survival.

• Like 4

Game is tense enough for me already as a player who purposely values my gear going against the "don't get attached to your gear" adage, and my life. No interest in being a "hero" here. Just want combat. I'll take combat over the goofy, awkward, immersion breaking interactions any day of the week.

"say what!?"

Have to disagree with you on that point. The interactions is part of what makes this game fun, goofy or not.

• Like 2