1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

They just need to make zombies much more dangerous and add many more of them. The reason people band together is to have a better chance at survival. Create that environment, and their will be a corresponding rise in emergent friendly play styles. The bandits should retain their option to maraud the cities and countryside but at much greater risk to themselves unless they too are forced to band together as bandit groups. In either case, heroism or banditry, the increased zombie threat will force more interaction among players on either side of the 'moral' spectrum.

wonder what sock puppet registered to necro this thread. calling shenanigans!!

We really need something to encourage people to be

nice to one anothether,this needs to be top priority,game feels like a large Deathmatch(Not even TDM).

I was looking though Breaking Point's Humanity System and i found it kind of intreasting.

http://breakingpointmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Humanity

Perhaps facial expressions.  Once someone starts to lose their humanity by killing other people and loot them (looting them should be a trigger also) or just killing people for fun - most people get bad vibes from stone cold killers IRL - why not in game?  Why not change the facial expressions to something a little more wicked?  If you help people out, your facial expression becomes warm, calm and relaxed, but if you kill repeatedly - a sly smile, or grimace.  Friendly players attacking people with "evil" looking faces would suffer no penalties because they are helping rid the land of bandits.  The facial expression issue was brought up before, and I support it.  This way, there are no arm bands or identifiers to be seen, and it would rely on a person looking at someones face in close quarters.  One way to hide it would be to wear a mask etc.   (both good/bad would want to hide their faces for various reasons).

This thread is still around, huh? 

Why do people want to make this game too easy is beyond me, it would just make the boring to see what's the KDR, accuracy and killstreak of another player.

Also hero and bandit skins are just silly.

/Edit: 

2.  Some of us would like to be Heros.  But we can't do it with the way the game currently is, unless you like being a bullet / axe sponge.

What..? I don't even..?

And what you said about running in Electro and Cherno without having to worry, you really want a PvE game when there is no real enemies? Guess how fast that would get boring.

Edited by Zjasuu

This thread is still around, huh? 

Why do people want to make this game too easy is beyond me, it would just make the boring to see what's the KDR, accuracy and killstreak of another player.

Also hero and bandit skins are just silly.

/Edit: 

What..? I don't even..?

And what you said about running in Electro and Cherno without having to worry, you really want a PvE game when there is no real enemies? Guess how fast that would get boring.

It's not about making this game easy.

He's right,it's because you have absolutely no penalty for beign a dick ingame(which is not realistcly supported).

DayZ aims to be a realistic game,we should aim to provide more ways for people to cooperate.

If the real world was inspired by DayZ we would be in very deep sh*t right now.

Maybe not skins,but some kind of Reputation system must be in order.

There's no such thing as a hero or a bandit. The only thing that exists, is a survivor.

• Like 2

It's not about making this game easy.

He's right,it's because you have absolutely no penalty for beign a dick ingame(which is not realistcly supported).

DayZ aims to be a realistic game,we should aim to provide more ways for people to cooperate.

If the real world was inspired by DayZ we would be in very deep sh*t right now.

Maybe not skins,but some kind of Reputation system must be in order.

Why should there be a penalty for "being a dick"?

IRL if you shoot someone in an apocalypse would it mean that you have to suffer from it? Also if you're not a dick in an apocalypse you probably will be the first to die.

• Like 2

in my opinion, this is a solution in search of a problem.  In any societal collapse situation, there will be people who KOS.  We may not like it (I sure don't - it sucks), but it's just the way it is.  For the purposes of the game, KOS keeps the tension level up at all times.  Visually identifying heroes and bandits would ruin that.  

You never know when someone will take a pot shot at you.  In most cases, you're probably safe since the map is rather large (unless you hang out in Cherno or Elektro). However, you never know, so you stick to the tree line instead of running down the road.  It makes the game what it is.

Why should there be a penalty for "being a dick"?

IRL if you shoot someone in an apocalypse would it mean that you have to suffer from it? Also if you're not a dick in an apocalypse you probably will be the first to die.

Yeah i can releate to this,but because it's not reallity,and it's a game nobody really cares.

And everyone dosen't have a solid reall reason to help one another,maybe that's the zombie threat lack

to blame partially.It's also the lack of indifecation that makes matters even worse.

Now this is the part you will say "nobody will know your real name unless asked" and yes i totally agree.

But you would recognise facial features,and advanced charachter customization is something the game lacks.

All avatars are copy-pasted.

We really need something to encourage people to be

nice to one anothether,this needs to be top priority,game feels like a large Deathmatch(Not even TDM).

I was looking though Breaking Point's Humanity System and i found it kind of intreasting.

http://breakingpointmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Humanity

Interesting humanity system.  They need to do something.  At lest for private servers.

I really like the idea of a visual humanity system, there are no penalties for any players.  They just look different.  You can still KOS, you can be a hero, you can still do whatever you want.

Our clan has completely stopped playing, there's nothing to do except get "geared up" and "go KOS".  Super boring, easiest type of gameplay style possible.  I can't even get anyone to join a SA game just for giggles.  The funny thing is we've had members start playing infestation again.  That says a lot about how slow / poor this game development is going.

Edit:  I just saw that there's no positive humanity for bandits killing bandits in Breaking Point.  That wouldn't work.  You couldn't get back into hero status if you accidentally killed 1 x Level 3 Hero.  I think the humanity system I laid out in the original post would be better.

Edited by 1S1K-Airborne

We should have armbands in the game that can be made from rags but the Players should dictate what those armbands mean.

We should have armbands in the game that can be made from rags but the Players should dictate what those armbands mean.

It's a nice thought, but it really wouldn't work.

If you made your own blue armband, went to the forums and said "blue armband that you make is for HEROS"..................every bandit would be wearing one 30 minutes later.  That 100% defeats the reason for the armband in the first place.

It has to be something you earn in the game by killing heros, civs, or bandits.........and is not lootable.  That's the only way it can work.

why not just go back to the mod where they already fucked up the game with this nonsense, and leave the SA to those who can handle the tension of not knowing?

fucks sake, people want to be coddled everywhere nowadays. keep that shit out of games.

• Like 1

why not just go back to the mod where they already fucked up the game with this nonsense, and leave the SA to those who can handle the tension of not knowing?

fucks sake, people want to be coddled everywhere nowadays. keep that shit out of games.

You can play how you want, yet you scream and scream that others can't play how they want.  <----------your level of intolerance = expert!

And in the mod you did have Vanilla, which was a no frills, anything goes, blah experience.

The KOS mess that is the Standalone is the easiest way to play the game.  <----------play style so simple I could teach a chimp to do it

• Like 1

I could see a purpose for having something.. Just cause theres no reason NOT to shoot currently...

I dont necessarily think you should be able to straight out just look at someone and say "oh hes a bandit" or "look at him, hes friendly".. You cant tell someone is a killer in real life just by looking at them.. Now, I also dont think someones actual gameplay should have a negative effect to it because how you play..Peoples suggestions of hearing voices, graphics being weird and all that.. I dont think any of these are good ideas...

The idea I would suggest and the farthest I would go with it is when stats are brought into the game.. This I believe would make people think more before pulling the trigger..

Somthing really that will make you think about if you would want to look at your stats and see that you killed a bunch of friendly players? Likewise as well, with these stats you will be able to tell how many bandits you have killed as well.. It would put a bit more into the thinking of should I fire or not..

Obiously people who KoS and bandits will still do what they want which is fine.. I believe Dean spoke at one time of being able to see players stats on the website so while its keeping being noticeable out of game, your actions will still be noticeable on the website. Reasonable in my opinion.

I would even suggest that the stat for killing friendly players would decrease overtime.. Sorta a way for those who wants to play as a bandit/KoSer to keep at it to keep that number up, but also allows the friendly who might just have a couple friendly kill to be able to lose it over time. This would also give those who play as a full out bandit/koser a chance to still be "friendly" player over time if they decide they want to.. To add to this as well, if you kill someone with only a few friendly kills, I dont think it should count for you as killing a bandit. They should have at least 4 or 5 friendly kills for them to be considered a bandit kill on death.

This is as far as I would go in bringing something like this into the game.. Its has no effect on actual gameplay but still makes it so you think about the decision to shoot or not because it has some reflection on your character.

Edited by cels

You can play how you want, yet you scream and scream that others can't play how they want. 

I don't care how you want to play. Thats your business. If you want to be the hero, go right on ahead and be the hero. Run around and bandage people, give em food and drink, whaever- you doing that, doesn't affect me at all.

But YOU want to  impose sanctions on those of US who don't want to play YOUR way, and thats utter bullshit. Why should I be forced to have some visual indicator that I am not the same type o player you are? Why should I be forced to be identified as anything other than a random survivor? Why should YOU get to have some sort of visual clue that your life is in danger when you happen to see me?

I dont want any type of visual indicator that someone is "good" or "bad". I don't care to know, and I think it adds to exactly what you kind of people keep crying about- immersion. Because YOU JUST DONT FUCKING KNOW.

But go right on ahead insisting that YOUR demands to make YOUR gameplay 'better' aren't an infringement on my own gameplay and immersion.

You are delusional.

Jesus christ, will a mod yard this stupid thread already

They probably wont because Dean himself has said they are looking for suggestions from the community for a humanity system. But not so much one thats easily noticeable.

They probably wont because Dean himself has said they are looking for suggestions from the community for a humanity system. But not so much one thats easily noticeable.

Link please

As others have said, being a hero is hard. Being a KOSer is easy. It should remain this way.

It's easier to just blast someone in the back if the head and steal their loot, as opposed to taking a risk and inviting them into teamwork.

People crying for armbands want KOS play style, they just want to feel morally superior while doing it. Besides, the armband system will encourage more PvP, not less because people with bandit armbands will always be KOS'd and in turn, bandits will always be forced to KOS. Believe it not, not everyone who KOS's does it 100% of the time. I'm a good example.

If you really want red vs. blue PVP action, go play 1 of the million other squad based shooters. Leave DayZ to be what it's supposed to be.

I'd rather people left this game rather than splinter this community with their "mil-sim centric" servers.

• Like 1

This game is no "Bandit VS Heroes" game. You have to realise that these things do NOT exist. There are no heroes in our world neither there are bandits. There are just people. They decide how they want to act.

Don't play a survival game if you want safety. This game is all about psychology. What would a system that shows you which player is bad and which is not add to the game? Go play Battlefield or Call of Duty, there you have your teams, there you can differenciate from good and bad. If you don't want to be killed on sight play it safe. Learn how the human mind works. Sure, you can never be sure. But this is so great about life and this game, people will always suprise you, either good or bad.