thequantum

Non kos servers?

I see a lot of servers that advertise they are designed for new players by saying "no kos" or "no bandits" and stating tey will ban anyone caught PKing other players. Can admins set these types of rules on public servers?

Admins cannot kick players for killing others.  Any server that does may be brought down.

Nor can admins lock a server down with their friends and play the game on their own.

Just because servers are rented doesn't mean the admins can do what they want.  There are rules to follow.

• Like 4

I was killed by a bandit on a no KOS server last night...I think we both knew nothing was going to happen to him.

Thanks for the clarification. Why don't they shut down the servers that advertise that in their description like this one? I logged into one tonight that said if you approach another player and don't lower your weapon or refuse to provide your in game name at admin request, you will be banned.

0G3F2Bg.png

Admins cannot kick players for killing others.  Any server that does may be brought down.

Nor can admins lock a server down with their friends and play the game on their own.

Just because servers are rented doesn't mean the admins can do what they want.  There are rules to follow.

Where are these rules?

Where are these rules?

I've joined that server may times, the rules appear lower left with the other messages when you join the server. It's the server's MotD.

Edited by EchoZeero

I've joined that server may times, the rules appear lower left with the other messages when you join the server. It's the server's MotD.

No I mean the rules that say servers can't do certain things

No I mean the rules that say servers can't do certain things

It is a publice server which means anyone can play and if you cant set a rule for say killing other players then you can not punish people for doing that by banning them.

There is probably not a list of rules just common sense.

The police states that you have to stop at a red light. However, I still cross the road by red when the officers ain't watching.

there also several join=kick/clanservers, no clue how they manage it but mostly every time i join i instantly gain a kick.

also got kicked multiple times, secondes after killing on a PVE, didn't knowed removing ppl r against TOS

Edited by Guest

How?

Thanks for the clarification. Why don't they shut down the servers that advertise that in their description like this one? I logged into one tonight that said if you approach another player and don't lower your weapon or refuse to provide your in game name at admin request, you will be banned.

0G3F2Bg.png

Why should they close down a server unless there is actually any evidence of someone being kicked and banned for PvP?

Just because it says "PvE only or GTFO" doesn't mean that they will try to enforce that.

• Like 1

There are PvM servers but i've found bodies there so i actully consider them less safe then normal servers. I can't kill them but nothing stops them from killing me from behind. 

they are Safer than normal servers i can confirm met many friendlies while trying out one, though i did come under fire at airfield.

The one i joined had a little phrase saying 'Please try and be friendly, shooting last resort ' or something like this...
I don't think the admins have the time or capability to watch and kick everyone who KOS

And why are you all kicking up such a damn fuss?  Theres only ever about 5/ 100 servers doing this, let them do it and stop grassing on them.

I am guessing the bandit style players are annoyed.

"Play nice or be gone"...

oh my...some People really dont get dayZ at all....all my facepalms.

Everytime i see such Pop up on my list i want to join it and kill everyone i see...

And then i try and get sniped after 2 minutes..so ist all good i suppose. :blush:

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

dont go on non hive servers or you risk loosing your shit.

non KOS servers exist...goto server with 0-10 people on them...stay in the treeline till you know a city is same.

use common sense...50 person server = high chance of annoying KOS death

5 person server = low chance

learn the game on low pop servers...added bonus = low lag = low rubber banding, also more LOOT maybe

spend more time on the game than in the forums asking about kos.

Why should they close down a server unless there is actually any evidence of someone being kicked and banned for PvP?

Just because it says "PvE only or GTFO" doesn't mean that they will try to enforce that.

Are you serious? Why else would they have that message?

NOO!! just.. Why? just NO, NO, NO,NO!! it would not dayz if this was implemented to the game!

Lol.

this was my first reaction too, but we have to acknowledge, that the steam release has brought a massive influx of players not familiar with the core philosophy behind DayZ. its on the community to patiently educate the new players.

• Like 1