thequantum

Non kos servers?

its on the community to patiently educate the new players.

Or you could...you know...just let them play the way they want to and join another server?

It's extremely odd, but DayZ does truly seem to bring out the inner a**hole in everyone - apparently to the point that we now have to actively make sure that no one have fun except the "rotten KoS Bandit"-way?!

Just walk away and find some willing victims instead!

I really don't see why people are so bothered about PvM servers, if people like PvM. Why prevent them? heres is gazzilion others that are PVP, PVP and more PEEVEEPEE. 

I played on an interesting server last night. I know it had "son" in the name so if you search that you should find it. 

It was listed as non KOS but upon further inspection, it encouraged banditing. I found that most people were obeying the rules. Basically, they want people to rob, take hostages, and kill in more innovative ways than just shooting them in the back from 600 yards out. The group I was with stalked two people for an hour or so, never robbed them, just watched them from the hillsides. We ran into a new spawn and stopped him. He was friendly and compliant so we gave him a canteen and let him go on his way. Had he been a dick we planned on force feeding him rotten fruit and making him do our bidding until he died. Jesus Christ this game is getting weird. I can't imaging how awesome it's going to be when they implement more features.

It was also nice for those east coast folk, the day night cycle is set so that the sun rises around 8pm EST. I like to get a little night time play in but it was fun to see my first sunrise. 

These PvM/PvE "Friendlies Only". game players, make me wonder why they came to a game such as DayZ in the first place...

• Like 1

I played on an interesting server last night. I know it had "son" in the name so if you search that you should find it. 

It was listed as non KOS but upon further inspection, it encouraged banditing. I found that most people were obeying the rules. Basically, they want people to rob, take hostages, and kill in more innovative ways than just shooting them in the back from 600 yards out. The group I was with stalked two people for an hour or so, never robbed them, just watched them from the hillsides. We ran into a new spawn and stopped him. He was friendly and compliant so we gave him a canteen and let him go on his way. Had he been a dick we planned on force feeding him rotten fruit and making him do our bidding until he died. Jesus Christ this game is getting weird. I can't imaging how awesome it's going to be when they implement more features.

It was also nice for those east coast folk, the day night cycle is set so that the sun rises around 8pm EST. I like to get a little night time play in but it was fun to see my first sunrise. 

Living like larry

Admins cannot kick players for killing others.  Any server that does may be brought down.

Nor can admins lock a server down with their friends and play the game on their own.

Just because servers are rented doesn't mean the admins can do what they want.  There are rules to follow.

Thats too bad. I would love to get 7 of my friends, gear up real quick and then meet from Kammy or Solly to survive. That would be fun. It would eliminate the Tardo Factor of some random coming up and looting your body. Would be fun to play with just friends.

Dayz was not built by all of the raging maniacs who run around shooting everything that moves, it was the "bandits" who made this game/mod what it was. When I started in the mod, bandits were more likely to rob you than kill you. Now you guys run about running and gunning and think that's being a bandit, its not that's called KOS.

Now my question is, why do most of you have an issue with servers who want to promote teamwork or an environment for players to learn the ins and outs of Dayz. Why is it that most of you think your style of play is what everyone wants or should be forced into? Here's a suggestion if you don't want to be associated with a PvE server or a no KOS server, just bypass it. If a player asks why can we not have a PvE server, a lot of the forum people rage about how your trying to ruin the game blah blah blah, but why should people be shoehorned into that style? Did anyone ever think you maybe ruining other people's experiences? Or is it, the well I payed my 30 bucks, so to hell with anyone else or the money they spent to play the way they wanted

• Like 2

Hello there

As the test stands there are strict rules.

These severs should be reported if you see this kind of activity going on.

But, as has been pointed out, a message of the day does not count.

PM a blue mod if you have info, who will then pass it to a Green and then to A Purple (Our Lords and Masters), but ensure you have proof/facts.

Personally, I prefer a mainly PvE experience. But I'm strange like that.

I will kill you if you look at me strangely though.

and in game too.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Well having bandits and KOS about all adds to the atmophere of the game ...bieng thrown in to a very hostile enviroment and having to servive what ever the cost, is  an exciting and attractive idea  to many peeps,  so bandits and KOS all play a part of the games expieriance and help to make the game what it is i think

I see a lot of servers that advertise they are designed for new players by saying "no kos" or "no bandits" and stating tey will ban anyone caught PKing other players. Can admins set these types of rules on public servers?

Not allowed ATM. Not worth paying YOUR money so BI can have another FREE Public server. Until we are allowed to host and CONTROL our own private servers, DayZ is just one big badly done clone of CoD/BF deathmatch gameplay.

This echo's my thoughts on this:

http://kotaku.com/how-dayz-ruins-your-hopes-and-dreams-for-the-perfect-zo-1500567194

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 2

I've never seen the kick/ban for KoS actually applied on those servers, The main difference is it's a lot easier to meet people and have a more chilled game experience, the overall reduction in KoS on the airfields/military bases is less then 1%

spend more time on the game than in the forums asking about kos.

What a terrible response. I have 150+ hours game time. 150,000 hours in game won't answer my question of whether non kos servers are allowed. And I never said I wanted a non-kos server, I wanted to know if they were within the rules.

Dayz was not built by all of the raging maniacs who run around shooting everything that moves, it was the "bandits" who made this game/mod what it was. When I started in the mod, bandits were more likely to rob you than kill you. Now you guys run about running and gunning and think that's being a bandit, its not that's called KOS.

Now my question is, why do most of you have an issue with servers who want to promote teamwork or an environment for players to learn the ins and outs of Dayz. Why is it that most of you think your style of play is what everyone wants or should be forced into? Here's a suggestion if you don't want to be associated with a PvE server or a no KOS server, just bypass it. If a player asks why can we not have a PvE server, a lot of the forum people rage about how your trying to ruin the game blah blah blah, but why should people be shoehorned into that style? Did anyone ever think you maybe ruining other people's experiences? Or is it, the well I payed my 30 bucks, so to hell with anyone else or the money they spent to play the way they wanted

People who insist on playing on PvE Servers don't want this, they want to play it safe and take the biggest threat out of the game, ie other survivors...

It's not that everyone is trully a "Bandit" or a "KoS'r" it's just if you read enough posts or watch enough video's people come to the understanding that coming into contact with another player = death, so they shoot instead of talk to stay safe.

PvP is part of DayZ, because not only are Zombies a threat but other Survivors are as well.

Also, with the current state of the game being in Alpha there is not a whole heck of a lot to do, once your geared up, and have your inventory packed up, there is not much left.

Wanting a purely PvE only surver in DayZ is like going to McDonald's ordering a Big Mac and saying, "Hey can you take out all the calories/chloresteral/sodium/fat ect. out of this for me?"

Thanks for the clarification. Why don't they shut down the servers that advertise that in their description like this one? I logged into one tonight that said if you approach another player and don't lower your weapon or refuse to provide your in game name at admin request, you will be banned.

Can't believe this crap. Maybe people want to play a large-scale zombie survival game, not a "pvp deathmatch rare resources because some zombies no one ever sees whiped everything out" game. The fact that you guys don't allow PvE servers is proof that this was fasely advertised as "zombie" survival. Im at a loss for words that the admins actually shut down those servers. They clearly don't want to encourage any kind of teamplay it seems.

Edited by RUS_Starbuck
  • Like 1

Thats too bad. I would love to get 7 of my friends, gear up real quick and then meet from Kammy or Solly to survive. That would be fun. It would eliminate the Tardo Factor of some random coming up and looting your body. Would be fun to play with just friends.

^ I agree. If they pay for their own server let them do what they want. Go find another, your not paying for it.

Admins cannot kick players for killing others.  Any server that does may be brought down.

Nor can admins lock a server down with their friends and play the game on their own.

Just because servers are rented doesn't mean the admins can do what they want.  There are rules to follow.

As for the dev/admin, wtf ever. saying that a server will get shut down for kicking people is just plain dumb. Then dont let them have/admin their own server and stfu. Dont want people playing the game the way they want then make it to where they cant. But dont try and ban 1/5th of your servers because they just want to play dayz loot mode, or dayz with friends only.

• Like 1

As for the dev/admin, wtf ever. saying that a server will get shut down for kicking people is just plain dumb.

Agreeing to certain conditions when renting a server and then breaking those conditions is just plain dumb.

Want to do whatever you like on your server? Find another game.

I am not insisting killing/PvP needs to be removed from this alpha/game, I understand that it's a vital part of Dayz. I am not saying I am for or against a PvE environment but why is it that when a newer player or anyone for that matter asks that question about PvE servers or non-Kos server everyone gets all bent out of shape? I realize there isn't much to do at this point in alpha but there is a portion of the of the community that is new to this game, most have watched the videos or read countless hours of forum post and now they are coming into the alpha and have questions but instead of answers people are getting a severe case of either lead poisoning, rotten food poisoning or a fatal overdose of disinfectant. 

I am not accusing everyone of killing on sight but why can't people take a minute or 2 out of their day to answer a new players question? Now don't get me wrong, I've ran into my fair share of crazy people who just spawned and make a b-line for you because they don't have much to lose. People should be a bit tentative about contacting other players outside of their buddy list, that was the major draw to this game for me but how much fun is it for anyone to wash up on shore look around for a second or 2 before getting one of the 3 aforementioned types of poisoning.

I just don't understand why no one wants to help anyone learn the game or give them an environment to learn how the ingame mechanics work. This game has a steep learning curve, a lot of people don't stand a chance a lone zed but you felt it was a good idea to end their torment with a bullet or an axe to the face instead of trying to offer advice or to simply set back and laugh as they get mauled to death. Are people that afraid of a bit of competition that they see even a guy/gal freshly spawned in with....you guessed it a flashlight and 9V battery as that big of a threat? Was killing that new guy/gal really worth wasting bullets on?

Edited by Tobias Winfro
  • Like 3

Agreeing to certain conditions when renting a server and then breaking those conditions is just plain dumb.

Maybe BI should host their own servers then instead of taking a crap on the poor sob who buys a $90 server to host their game.

And to be fair, what about the locked experimental/dev servers? Aren't those breaking server rules aswell?

• Like 3

IF that is the case. Then I dont want to see any day/night only server.

Maybe BI should host their own servers then instead of taking a crap on the poor sob who buys a $90 server to host their game.

And to be fair, what about the locked experimental/dev servers? Aren't those breaking server rules aswell?

THANK YOU!!!!!

• Like 1

The "poor sobs" don't have to rent the servers if they don't like the rules. I don't pay for a gym membership and play shotput with the weights; I don't pay for a range membership and ignore the cease-fires; I don't pay tuition and then climb all over the college roofs and rearrange the library.

If I did any of those things I would get quite rightly KICKED OUT.

Any "poor sobs" breaking the server hosting rules are "sobs" indeed.

13-are-you-serious-face.jpg

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Server admins can do what the "community" tolerates.  Nobody here has to power to overcome that.   

The "poor sobs" don't have to rent the servers if they don't like the rules. I don't pay for a gym membership and play shotput with the weights; I don't pay for a range membership and ignore the cease-fires; I don't pay tuition and then climb all over the college roofs and rearrange the library.

If I did any of those things I would get quite rightly KICKED OUT.

Any "poor sobs" breaking the server hosting rules are "sobs" indeed.

13-are-you-serious-face.jpg

So I noticed you did not say anything about the day/night only server. OH YA!

Server admins can do what the "community" tolerates.  Nobody here has to power to overcome that.   

The community will tolerate that one I guess

Perhaps you can answer my point with a actual response instead of trying to look cute with pictures. And your gym membership argument isn't really valid here, it would be if you bought the equipment for the people working out - However you bought a membership. Which in comparison standards, would equal out to purchasing the game - Seeing as purchasing the game makes you a member of the community.

Edit: And the irony is astounding. "They don't have to rent the servers" - But you HAVE to play on them and report them? Neat.

Edit: Edit: I wouldn't start with that J, that's a good way to have a thread ended. The best way to keep your thread is to use valid arguments and not post memes like it's freggin 4chan.

Edited by AllDayZSimon
  • Like 1

Perhaps you can answer my point with a actual response instead of trying to look cute with pictures. And your gym membership argument isn't really valid here, it would be if you bought the equipment for the people working out - However you bought a membership. Which in comparison standards, would equal out to purchasing the game - Seeing as purchasing the game makes you a member of the community.

Edit: And the irony is astounding. "They don't have to rent the servers" - But you HAVE to play on them and report them? Neat.

GET EM !!! GET EM!!! lmao.