thequantum

Non kos servers?

So I noticed you did not say anything about the day/night only server. OH YA!

That is NOT against the rules.

"Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point."

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Perhaps you can answer my point with a actual response instead of trying to look cute with pictures. And your gym membership argument isn't really valid here, it would be if you bought the equipment for the people working out - However you bought a membership. Which in comparison standards, would equal out to purchasing the game - Seeing as purchasing the game makes you a member of the community.

Edit: And the irony is astounding. "They don't have to rent the servers" - But you HAVE to play on them and report them? Neat.

Against the rules. End of discussion. No arguments. Sit down. Don't break them.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Here is a list of DayZ Standalone hosting rules as per the Devs:

• You may NOT change your servers slots
  • You may NOT password your server
  • Your server must contain the version number and whether it is 3PP:ON or OFF i.e. "DayZ UK 5-xx (Public/3PP:OFF) 113925 - Hosted by GamingDeluxe.co.uk"
  • Your server must NOT have a NO KILL policy

Hicks has further clarified the following on twitter:

• Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point..
Failure to comply with these rules could result in a suspension of your server without a refund. 

Servers are caught and shut down as rapidly as can be expected. GSPs deal with them and most if not all have some sort of warning about the above. If you want to expedite the process, write the IPs down and report them to the GSPs directly. If you don't know who hosts it, report it to them all (Multiplay, Gameservers, Vilayer, Fragnet, GamingDeluxe), or find the GSP this way.

so just to be clear the rules dont say anything about kicking people from your server the second they join
Edited by JGallemore1

That is NOT against the rules.

"Server operators MAY frequently restart their rented instances in order to keep the time at a certain point."

Against the rules. End of discussion. No arguments. Sit down. Don't break them.

The "Rules" also state that you can't kick/ban hackers - But you can ban a player for saying "fgt" because it's a racial/homophobic slur.

As I said before, very solid set of rules.

• Like 2

As for the dev/admin, wtf ever. saying that a server will get shut down for kicking people is just plain dumb. Then dont let them have/admin their own server and stfu. Dont want people playing the game the way they want then make it to where they cant. But dont try and ban 1/5th of your servers because they just want to play dayz loot mode, or dayz with friends only.

The servers are rented and when you rent you abide by the conditions set down. You break the rules the server can be taken down.

It isn't that complicated really.. I might not like a certain wall in my rented house but if i knock it down i'll probably get kicked out.

I love KOS PvP all the way for me but a way to fix this and it would be interesting to see if it could work would be to have some PvE towns/areas.

PVE towns/area basic loot (maybe one or two, food water only), not many zombies cant kill people (game mechanics would need to support it).

Everywhere else PvP, just like now better loot more zombies etc. rare items etc

No point of pve in this game but if people want to join a pve server to...i dont know...loot, dance or create a cult that is their problem, right? After all in every server there is KOS because of the damn combat log, people starting to log even when they start the fight.

The servers are rented and when you rent you abide by the conditions set down. You break the rules the server can be taken down.

It isn't that complicated really.. I might not like a certain wall in my rented house but if i knock it down i'll probably get kicked out.

Not trying to undermine your post, but with the responses of the community it's less "You knocked out a wall, get out" than it is having random people off the street walk into your house, stab you in the gut and having your land lord say "Don't like it? Move out - Oh, and I'm keeping the deposit".

It's always seemed to me that the reason that private hives became such a common thing in the mod, is because the rules were (And still are) very flawed.

What's the point in a server that dosen't have PvP?

The whole thrill of the game is walking around knowing that you might get shot as you're in someones sniper scope, when you die, you've just got to get over it!

Not trying to undermine your post, but with the responses of the community it's less "You knocked out a wall, get out" than it is having random people off the street walk into your house, stab you in the gut and having your land lord say "Don't like it? Move out - Oh, and I'm keeping the deposit".

It's more like having random gamers enter a public server, play the game, have the admins kick them off for playing the game, breaking the hosting rules the admins agreed to follow when they decided to rent the server in the first place, having their server taken away as per the terms and conditions... and then complaining that their server was taken away.

Hm.

Whenever I see a server in my server-list saying KOS is not allowed, etc etc, I sometimes join and kill every fucker I see! =)
Just for the lulz.

Edited by Wh1spY
  • Like 3

i tend to join these servers knowing there are bandits and have encountered them numerous times. i like the no KOS,PVE servers cause i know where to find the scum bags of the game. i personally don't have an issue but as stated above people join them just to ruin other folks good time. but don't worry there are patrols on these servers though we are only so large and we hunt these kinds of people all day everyday.all night every night. and these care bears are armed to the teeth. so if you see us ask for help CQF is always glad to be of assistance.and if you know of any intel on the scumbags of the server we are on let us know we'll do our best to give some relief and take some of the flak for you. or if you are a friendly and are loking for like minded individuals hit us up on the recruitment page. goodluck with your endeavors even if your a grimy bandit.

Maybe BI should host their own servers then instead of taking a crap on the poor sob who buys a $90 server to host their game.

And to be fair, what about the locked experimental/dev servers? Aren't those breaking server rules aswell?

you are a special kind of stupid aren't you? I mean really? honestly?

• Like 1

It's always seemed to me that the reason that private hives became such a common thing in the mod, is because the rules were (And still are) very flawed.

As you really seem to not understand just whats going on in an 'alpher' test, or literary tools for that matter... I will try to explain. First, analogy is used to represent a point/counter point. Generally speaking you can not draw exact lines between analogy and the original topic. Analogy is used to show a like perspective, thats it. That said. As per 'ALPHA TEST', we the players ARE NOT TESTING, we are simply 'working the mechanics' of the game. The DEVS ARE THE ONES TESTING. As the DEVS are the ones actually running/performing the tests, they make the rules for the test. *period*.

Now, with those very very important points out of the way, lets look at the most obvious problem with breaking this specific rule, of NO PvP only servers. Say we allow these servers, whats to stop someone that LOVES PvP joins a PvE only server, knows that he can now loot with impunity, gain all his pristine gear, then server hop to a 'PvP' server to have his way. The most readily apparent thing is that guy just exploited a carebear server to gain advantage on a PvP server. Whats maybe lost, and not so apparent is the data the devs are looking for (loot tables/loot distribution data) is now very skewed (just one 'problem' among many off the top of my head).

We, here, now, are NOT here so much as to 'have an enjoyable gaming experience', thats for post beta release. Right now our 'jobs' are to work a clunky/buggy/sometimes almost unplayable game for the benefit of the DEV ALPHER TEST.

you are a special kind of stupid aren't you? I mean really? honestly?

This post alone made your other post not worth reading. Brush up on your social skills.

• Like 1

Your only option for non-KOS is to roll with a crew and have them watch your back. Expecting other survivors to not shoot you on sight is not wise. Keep control of the situation and you'll be fine (I have put 18 hours into DayZ and have only died twice because of this play methodology, once I was a fresh spawn unarmed by myself and the other was getting glitched through a wall and dropping three stories to the ground). If you and your group are well equipped and intelligent, you shouldn't die much.

Edited by ZazzleMoonbreaker

I am not insisting killing/PvP needs to be removed from this alpha/game, I understand that it's a vital part of Dayz. I am not saying I am for or against a PvE environment but why is it that when a newer player or anyone for that matter asks that question about PvE servers or non-Kos server everyone gets all bent out of shape? I realize there isn't much to do at this point in alpha but there is a portion of the of the community that is new to this game, most have watched the videos or read countless hours of forum post and now they are coming into the alpha and have questions but instead of answers people are getting a severe case of either lead poisoning, rotten food poisoning or a fatal overdose of disinfectant. 

I am not accusing everyone of killing on sight but why can't people take a minute or 2 out of their day to answer a new players question? Now don't get me wrong, I've ran into my fair share of crazy people who just spawned and make a b-line for you because they don't have much to lose. People should be a bit tentative about contacting other players outside of their buddy list, that was the major draw to this game for me but how much fun is it for anyone to wash up on shore look around for a second or 2 before getting one of the 3 aforementioned types of poisoning.

[...]

I had the same issue with people not answering questions. I came to the DayZ website actually to find documentation and found next to nothing actually useful. For example, if you're new you're not going to know that coughing means you've become infected and a broken leg needs a morphine injector to fix. Nowhere is this stuff documented... the newbie guides on the forum are not helpful, as much as they could be. When I first started playing and dying a lot, I was confused on how to save my progress. It isn't documented anywhere that aborting mission will actually "save" where you are. google search on the custom bindings in DayZ that u can't see in the ARMA menu... all wrong keys listed for too old or too new versions, etc etc.

Also a question to you Tobias: You say there's still not a lot to do in alpha... how is it still so unfinished if the mod version of DayZ was out for years prior... feels like people are waiting on features to make this game more interesting that isn't something they are even planning to put in the game. I haven't been convinced by anything being said about SA on the forums to buy it over DayZ mod.

Edited by RUS_Starbuck

I am sorry man, I was being a bit sarcastic. That is the generic response I see so many times on this forum when people are questioned on their motives for killing.

To answer you question I am not sure as to why its still not finished. I would imagine Rocket and the team at Bohemia Interactive are the ones to ask about that. Before anyone jumps me about it, yes I knowingly bought into an alpha phase of SA. I knew there would be growing pains and often times not much content. I never thought everyone would sit around the campfire sharing beans and water bottles singing and dancing into the wee hours of the morning but I also didn't think it would turn into the old west so fast.

Also if you don't see a need to buy into the alpha right now, that's your choice. There are still some bugs that are utterly frustrating like falling off a ladder 2 feet off the ground when you are fully geared and break your neck but you can fall from a 2nd level of a building and nothing happens to you. I can't recommend SA over the mod, I still play the breaking point mod for arma 3 when I get frustrated with SA but I don't think the shoot on sight mentality will lessen when they add more features. Even in the mod people still use that old crutch, "I am bored, there's nothing to do but gear up and go kill people."

Edited by Tobias Winfro

What's the point in a server that dosen't have PvP?

Jesus christ... SHOOTING ZOMBIES

But I guess now everyone thinks that if you're just shooting zombies and not each other, you're playing some cheesy kiddy knock-off game.

Edited by RUS_Starbuck

If someone is on a "no bandit" "friendly only" or "no kos" server or if admins set this rules AND you don't want that just join another Server and let the People that want to play together just play the game the way they want to. O.o

Nobody forces you to go on one of the maybe 2 % no kos servers in the serverlist.

Even without PvP it can be fun just to SURIVE what is in the end the goal of the game.. because even without PvP you can get hungry, thirsty, sick, cold....

Edited by Terminatus732

The police states that you have to stop at a red light. However, I still cross the road by red when the officers ain't watching.

Well then your going to either get into an accident, or get a ticket, or get lucky and get neither. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. Same with said server.

Your only option for non-KOS is to roll with a crew and have them watch your back. Expecting other survivors to not shoot you on sight is not wise. Keep control of the situation and you'll be fine (I have put 18 hours into DayZ and have only died twice because of this play methodology, once I was a fresh spawn unarmed by myself and the other was getting glitched through a wall and dropping three stories to the ground). If you and your group are well equipped and intelligent, you shouldn't die much.

Not all of us have crews to run with.  Well not yet at least.  I have about 36 hours of play time right now and can tell you the 4 times I been killed PvP wasn't a shoot out or robbery gone wrong.  They all been snipers in low level grind areas.  Nope not in the high level good items area, it's been in the low level.  It would be different if these where at military bases or airfields, but there not.  

Personnely with the lost of all gear and respawn being far from any good gear and you have to travel for ever to get good gear after a weekend of playing I lost interest.  It's going to be those that snipe and group up controlling over those that don't.  This is why the no KoS rules are asked on these servers or PvE to give folks chance to build up there chars.  It's not much fun when you aren't even armed to fight the Zeds yet and some guy is snipping every one trying to get simple gear.  Those guys are going to ruin the game before it even gets out of alpha.  Yes it's nice some folks will hunt them, but unless you join a guild/clan and play only on certain hosted sites than this isn't going to help the lil man out there that is trying to check out this game and maybe add there input to make it better.

After tonight the next time I get half decent gear I think I'll just log out until the one buddy I have been playing with logs on and just all ways roll in pairs or more....

What is it with the to PvE? I've read many times it's against the rules and we have to wait till there are private hives. But i don't want that. I've bought this game and have the right to play the way i want. Friendly servers or non KoS server are a good place to learn how to play without the risk of getting shot once spawned and you can build up a group to play PvP with later on on a ln other server.

Banditry should be allowed on those servers tho.

But players just joining friendly servers to kill every one is just stupid. I know you have the right to join but acting like an asshole isn't fun for others. It's like going to an event for people with glasses and pick on them just because you think it is fun to do.

• Like 2