Sign in to follow this  
dodas

Duration of alpha

I have read at the devblog that the beta wont come till the end of 2014 and i was like WHAT THE FUCK? Which game is in alpha for one year? Arma 3 was in alpha for 1 month and is better in all aspects ( the only thing that it misses is the zombies lets face it) 

Anyway even that it is ridiculous considering that we have waited already 2 years , is the to-do list going to be implemented at alpha or in beta? I hope the basic weapons and vehicles will come in alpha.  Yeah it's a new game but lets not forget that we have played a lot the mod and we are not going to wait for the same things that long

• Like 1

Fun fact: DayZ has been out since 2009 and they where secretly working on the SA since then. that makes it 5 years in development!!!!!1111!!!!1 Its all a conspiracy with Sergay Tittov!!111

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 6

I want too but iam pretty sure that AND you will take loong breaks till the end of 2014

Edited by Polyandras
  • Like 1

Arma 3 was in alpha for 1 month and is better in all aspects ( the only thing that it misses is the zombies lets face it) 

ArmA 3 is a bigger flop than my flaccid penis.

Alpha was somewhat okay, Beta was terrible, game went to Full Release one day with worse optimization, the most X-Ray vision AI I have ever seen and more covered in bugs than your regular prostitute would be in STI's. I only realized 1 month later that the game had actually been a full release.

the same things

No comment..

WHAT THE FUCK? Which game is in alpha for one year?

Before Alpha, games took a lot longer because they were just full releases following closed alpha testing, at least we're being involved.

There is a lot more to do work to do in DayZ other than satisfy and boost your egotistical needs; if you don't like it then go play "Zoombies" on ArmA 3.

Edited by ColinM9991

rocket vision of dayz is not like normal game ;)

he going deep on this one

think like this

in 1 year there will be features coming brand new keep game fresh :D 

also later new maps etc is long term thing :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Stop complaining about the time it's going to take, we don't want another half-ass zombie shooter like "WarZ" if you knew anything about game development it's that it takes time to make a game, the development team is trying their hardest to produce the best game possible in the shortest amount of time, they didn't have to release the alpha already, but they have so that you can play the game in it's early stages.

• Like 1

yeah but think this. I bought dayz mod (arma 2) at its ealy stages and i confess that i didnt play that much because of the early stages. When the first mods came out i was playing like crazy . So my point is that dayz will lose many players in a so long term. You can say whatever but you wont play that long too .Of course they took so much money in the realease dates so i dont hate them . why to rush when they got what they needed?

Edited by Polyandras

yeah but think this. I bought dayz mod (arma 2) at its ealy stages and i confess that i didnt play that much because of the early stages. When the first mods came out i was playing like crazy . So my point is that dayz will lose many players in a so long term. You can say whatever but you wont play that long too .Of course they took so much money in the realease dates so i dont hate them . why to rush when they got what they needed?

I've been playing DayZ Mod & Standalone since 2010, I have no plan on leaving just yet.

What exactly did they get, which they needed?

Woe is you.

I do wish people would stop complaining about development time. People have no patience and have become too used to yearly releases. This really is the self entitled generation. 

• Like 2

Are you also one of these people that would bitch about things being broken in a full release if the testing stages where shorter?

Personally id rather have a longer development time period and get a nicely polished working game at the end of it, over getting something that has clearly been rushed to be released when it is no where near ready, example for me most recently is BF4.

Besides we are all getting to play and provide feedback on the game as it is being developed, this feedback can and will in some places change the way the game is. The longer the time frame for an alpha the better in this respect.

• Like 1

Hmm i actually like arma 3 ( hey dont burn me it  has its flaws and well its sort of not really finished yet even though its out they still adding to it including the campaign and assets for such yeah i find that a little strange)

But mate you can get zombies in arma 3 Breaking point released for arma 3 and it is a pretty good rendition of the dayz mod maybe play some of that and standalone while it goes through its development phase i know i do (again dont burn me at the stake)

i don't mind as i can play and watch the game grow at the same time. B) its not arma 3 and that was what i really didn't want.

Nothing to see here.  Just another kid screaming "But I want it NOOOOWWWW."

• Like 3

Woe is you.

I do wish people would stop complaining about development time. People have no patience and have become too used to yearly releases. This really is the self entitled generation. 

My thoughts exactly.

Nobody owes you shit, be patient.

• Like 1

The only players that DayZ will lose in the long run are players like you, who can't understand the concept of "early access".

Having some cussing patience. Otherwise, go back to playing something else and come back in a year.

• Like 1

There's a difference between ArmA 3's alpha and ArmA 3's open alpha.

Also, when you bought the game, you probably read the sales page, which explained the roadmap for the development of the Standalone:

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

DayZ is currently in early alpha and we see a lot of work ahead of us in order to make it the true authentic multiplayer experience we want it to be. Current version is including only small subset of game mechanics and serves mostly as test bed with core technology that should serve as basis for future additions and improvements. Currently planned key future features are:

Playable vehicles

Wide variety of native animal life

Player created constructions in the environment

Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options

Streamlined user actions and interface

Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)

Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity

Support of user mods

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

I have read at the devblog that the beta wont come till the end of 2014 and i was like WHAT THE FUCK? Which game is in alpha for one year? Arma 3 was in alpha for 1 month and is better in all aspects ( the only thing that it misses is the zombies lets face it) 

Anyway even that it is ridiculous considering that we have waited already 2 years , is the to-do list going to be implemented at alpha or in beta? I hope the basic weapons and vehicles will come in alpha.  Yeah it's a new game but lets not forget that we have played a lot the mod and we are not going to wait for the same things that long

Your sig looks it's as extended as DayZMod+Alpha timeline.

Most titles usually take 5 years to develop, This is normally behind closed doors even before we get a whiff of the title (trailers etc) Rocket is doing us a bonus by taking his time with this, It sure beats the thousand or so threads that would be made if Rocket went to beta next month and then after two weeks went to retail release and they all started whinging hard about this not being in the game or that being too overpowerd versus this and why is this not working and why can't i do that? You get my point.

Patience is key here, if you don't have it come back to the game/forums in a little while and see how its progresses, Posts like these are just flamebait for trolls and will end up getting locked by the mods.

Finally, The search button is your friend.

Rome wasnt built in a day, DayZ will mostly save the best things till last and this is whats keeeping me interested. I can play the alpha for hours, it may have its problems and as people have said before "its an early access game do not expect alot" but for me the fun is already here and as a new comer to DayZ im hooked. This game has the potential to go anyway it wants. I am excited for the future of this game but for now i am truly hooked and have reccomended the alpha to friends who have also never played the game before. It has given a massive impression on them too. Aslong as they keep bringing out patches with little content now and again that would be awesome and not forgetting main issues like mentioned in the upcoming patch notes. x

Well if we are basing beta off of every other platform for beta than most of the game should be complete by the time beta roles out. I.e. the zombies/cars/base building/loot/ etc etc should be in the game at about 80-95% complete depending on the developer, and small tweaks are made to balance the game world, work out bugs/glitches that inherently brake the game, and finalize the game and polish the edges for final release. Honestly we should expect the finished game by the end of 2014 IMO.

It's a real shame so many people lack patience these days, I am just glad that it is out now we can all participate in it and help fix major issues and give constructive feedback, Dean has said hes not expecting people to play this game non stop at the stage it is now he expects people leave and come back when patches come out and more features are added.

Thats nice, they dont need you to keep playing you already paid?