Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.114008

Cant log to any server again! "confirmation of changes" = Connection Lost  ..got this message alltime. And game freeze.

Didn't fix the rubber banding at all, i was running then just bounced back down a road and couldnt press any buttons at all and had to alt f4...

I didn't have problems with RB since this new patch, on experimental server and on normal ones...TheCalyx are you sure that the server you were playing on had already been updated to this build?

Otherwise your issue would be "normal".

Edited by Gugolas

Rubber banding NOT fixed. Game is running smoother, but still teleporting.

Area is happens more frequently than others, for me anyways:

Between Kamenka and Balota (pre spawn change patch, haven't spent much time there since)

Between Cap Galova and Cherno

All along the Krutoy Cap area

I'm not sure if it is something specific about those locations or if it is because I'm probably there more than anywhere else.

Didn't fix the rubber banding at all, i was running then just bounced back down a road and couldnt press any buttons at all and had to alt f4...

That's not rubberbanding but something completely different that has been happening since day 1.

Rubberbanding was fixed with this update for me.

That's not rubberbanding but something completely different that has been happening since day 1.

Rubberbanding was fixed with this update for me.

Hasn't been happening since Day 1 for me or any streamer that I watch, it only started happening on the December 31st patch (at least for most people).

I have to say the game feels really smooth right now and no rubber banding. Great job!

• Like 1

Hasn't been happening since Day 1 for me or any streamer that I watch, it only started happening on the December 31st patch (at least for most people).

In any case, the incidents when you get teleported and can't press any keys or do anything are not rubberbanding. The incidents that are classified as rubberbanding are when your mouse begins to jostle and you can't control it, and/or your character begins to jerk forwards and/or backwards in an uncontrolled direction. I have been propelled forward off the roof of the fire station and off the catwalk of the ship by this, both times to my death.

I look forward to trying the latest hotfix, thanks a lot for addressing it so quickly.

So far have gotten one brief instance of rubberbanding and brief as in like a split second. Using stuff and UI seems more responsive and it seems that turning clouds back on doesn't cause a stutter/pause every so often. Not sure if the cloud stutter was fixed last patch or this one and I only played for about 40mins but so far things are quite smooth.

Thanks for the hotfix!

Thanks for fixing Rubber-Banding. I have to say the game is pretty smooth, but the Rubber-Banding is not 100% fixed, its about 80-85% I am still Teleporting here and there, but patch did help a lot! 

It'll be another hour or so before almost all servers have picked it up, assuming most servers use the 4 hour reset model, so if this fix works, there should be no-one reporting rubberbanding in like 2-3 hours from now (assuming again that all servers use the 4 hr reset cycle - try different servers if you are rubberbanding on one).

No idea how everyone else rubberbands so much, I've yet to rubberband since day one release, though I've only put in about 10 hours.

Right now my biggest concern is the horrifying "loot only spawns on server restart" deal, which I do realize is an issue with optimization. It's basically keeping me from playing the game at all. Not to mention watching the playerbases on servers jump around like a kid with adhd on a trampoline, since everyone is server hopping to find military loot 24/8. :(

Once the loot system is fixed ala DayZmod, I'll start playing again. I have pretty good performance on my 2 or 3 year old computer on DayZmod.. so I can't see loot spawning being a huge optimization problem, more like people needing to buy a half-decent computer lol.

Besides all that, keep up the good work. Looking ever so forward to loot spawn changes in the future.

Edited by bonesnap

This patch fixed the rubberbanding for me. Great job guys.

Nice one though was quite odd to me at first...

Connected after patch on a patched server with my "since wipe" character.

Could not interact with anything, as if ultra lagged and yet no desync and I could move. My ping on server when checking via player list was 0 constantly (which is odd, usually varies between 15 and 25ms).

Relogged 4 or 5 times, quitting and verifying cache in between, changed servers, same problem.

Relogged a last time: fresh spawn, old character gone.

Since then, no problem and no rubber-banding so far, though I was never affected much to being with :)

Edited by Mutonizer

Played tonight a few hours with no problems after work. Loooks and feels good. thanks much.

Edited by Hurricane43
  • Like 1